Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

It is the 200th post of the trader Joe's thread. I'd like to appreciate all my fellow Joe going goons who have helped me expand my Joe experience.

Happy Joemas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
TJs orange juice (added vitamins a&d added, blue carton) is pretty good.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Trader Joe's is the closest Americans can have to a decent, pleasant shopping trip.

But the parking lots still betray the reality of living here.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

It is the 200th post of the trader Joe's thread. I'd like to appreciate all my fellow Joe going goons who have helped me expand my Joe experience.

Happy Joemas.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Vibecheck, what do the Joe Bros think about raiding the CostCo thread and humiliating those dillweeds by posting pictures of all the delicious TJs exclusive loot we got?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

ikanreed posted:

Trader Joe's is the closest Americans can have to a decent, pleasant shopping trip.

But the parking lots still betray the reality of living here.

Yeah as long as you don't get killed by stray fire when someone loses it over a checkout stand line going sideways.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I was given an air fryer for a reason.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I'm being reminded of Geoffrey Owens working at TJs and the internet trying to shame the guy for working in the chilliest market in the county.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45411561

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Smugworth posted:

Vibecheck, what do the Joe Bros think about raiding the CostCo thread and humiliating those dillweeds by posting pictures of all the delicious TJs exclusive loot we got?

they're just gonna post the hot dog and like do we even got an answer for that

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

there is room for everyone. you can buy frozen pajeon at tj and kimchi at costco for a delicious snack!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Which one? The diner-style? Pepperoni pizza? Hatch chile? Reduced guilt?

Kinda. There are two Aldis, which were originally the same chain but there was a big schism in I think the 80s in Germany, so now there's Aldi Sud and Aldi Nord which are technically different companies doing basically the same thing. One of those operates in the US as Aldi, the other owns Trader Joes. TJs follows a lot of the basic principles behind the German Aldis, such as offering few alternatives/options and having everything possible be store-brand, but they're different companies owned by different people.

edit at least here Aldi basically only has stores in extremely lovely neighborhoods, but my understanding is elsewhere they're a "nicer" grocery brand

technically trader joes isn't owned by aldi. It's a family-owned business like aldi nord and is owned by the same family in a personal union.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

they're just gonna post the hot dog and like do we even got an answer for that

Costco thread posters have hot dogs for brains

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Smugworth posted:

Costco thread posters have hot dogs for brains

did they stop carrying the kimchi Smugworth

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
tipped back a diet pepsi with my costco dog yesterday. vibes were immaculate. even brandon cant mess with the price.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The thread war has begun...
JOE'S BROS! ASSEMBLE!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
We have no need for thread war and Joe would not condone any war at all. The spirit of Joe is one of checking some cool poo poo out and having a good time, you want some of these chocolate covered pretzels? They're pretty good!

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Baron von Eevl posted:

We have no need for thread war and Joe would not condone any war at all. The spirit of Joe is one of checking some cool poo poo out and having a good time

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

It's Trader Joe's, not Warrior Joe's!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Joe day successful

Scooped up a box of mochi cake to make.

Secured a few cat Advent calendars

Scraped by with a salami roll which is good stuff having ready sliced a few slices and inserted into mouthhole

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
The thin pretzels with peppermint bark coating are so good

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Goddam the dried mango tho

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

My TJ’s opened a few years ago in an strip mall plaza and turned that plaza from awful to hellish. It’s one of those plazas that was never intended to handle the amount of traffic it now does (there are only two exits, and you can only access those exits via a single lane closest to the shops). So basically the constant flow of foot traffic into and out of TJ’s slows the exiting traffic to a crawl. This plaza also houses a Chik-Fil-A and a Starbucks. The Starbucks drive through exits into the exit lane opposite the TJs so you have a complete shutdown of traffic in between during busy times. The entire plaza is completely unusable between thanksgiving and Christmas, which sucks because that’s where the Jersey Mike’s is.

This is every Trader Joes here in a nutshell. I love their products but they always open in areas that are not capable of handling the amount of traffic a TJ's brings which makes just going there a nightmare so I generally avoid them. Busy grocery stores are my personal hell.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

RepeatingMeme posted:

Goddam the dried mango tho

Pineapple with the chili powder

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Looks like a recipe for quality ropes

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Smugworth posted:

Ohhh yes I had these once so good

Ate the whole package in a few days

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I’ll gently caress with that bruschetta sauce and some crusty French bread knawsayin.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Ate the whole package in a few days

This should be the thread title.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
If Trader Joe's did have a $1.50 hot dog and soda combo, I would take them up on that deal.

But considering it's TJ it should probably be something more tropical smoothie and a street taco of the day.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Trader Joe's sells all beef organic hot dogs that are superior

Rise up against the Costco thread
JOE BROS!
RISE UP
BE PROUD OF THE STORE YOU SHOP AT
DONT LET THOSE COSTCO CRETINS THREATEN OUR WAY OF LIFE

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
smugworth just because you lost your kimchi av doesn't mean you need to resort to violence

anyway there were three kinds of mochi at the TJs last time I went so uh, whoever needed to know that now you do

the parking lot thing is hilarious to me because I've got, I dunno, four TJs I've been to in my city and every single one has atrocious parking in one way or another (tiny surface lot, lovely multistory garage, tiny lovely single story garage with the world's steepest ramp entrance/exit ...) except one.

This one used to be at the corner of a strip mall in parking hell but then a grocery store across the street closed so TJs moved over and, for once, has a lot capable of handling the crowds.

it is of course the furthest one away from me by a huge margin :negative:

Psion fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Dec 7, 2022

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Smugworth posted:

Trader Joe's sells all beef organic hot dogs that are superior

Rise up against the Costco thread
JOE BROS!
RISE UP
BE PROUD OF THE STORE YOU SHOP AT
DONT LET THOSE COSTCO CRETINS THREATEN OUR WAY OF LIFE

o captian my capitan o7

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
The Simpler Times lager is the best and cheapest cheap beer out there.

The organic gin is pretty good and cheap, since it's made from corn it's also a little sweet in the same way bourbon can be.

They haven't had the good cheap calvados for a while tho :(

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Also they have the best price on Cotswold double Gloucester cheese anywhere which is great cuz my toddler fuckin loves the stuff.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
3x post combo

In a bizarre coincidence the Trader Joe's around here with ample parking is the one next to the Harvard (yes, that Harvard) campus just south of the river, where everyone walks or bikes or takes the bus.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Smugworth posted:

I keep burning (literally, heh) through jars of these dried chilis in oil from Trader Joe's. Does anyone know if Costco carries such a thing, perhaps in a larger jar? The flavor is wonderful and the heat is intense.

Smugworth posted:

Can't say I'm surprised CostCo carries an inferior copy of a Trader Joe's product. At least I have my Jongga (T1W2G) kimchi.

Chinatown posted:

R e a d y for me to shove your head into a toilet bowl and FLUSH it?

Backup needed! Post-haste!!
JOE BROS!
ASSEMBLE!

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 7, 2022

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you post as if we dont have memories of you posting in the costco thread for years

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I shop at trader Joe's and costco they are both good I refuse to take sides and anyone that says you have to belongs in neither thread

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

sudonim posted:

3x post combo

In a bizarre coincidence the Trader Joe's around here with ample parking is the one next to the Harvard (yes, that Harvard) campus just south of the river, where everyone walks or bikes or takes the bus.

I don’t think that’s a coincidence but rather the latter directly causing the former

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I don’t think that’s a coincidence but rather the latter directly causing the former

I don't think I explained it well. Out of all the Trader Joe's near me, the one with the easiest parking setup and the most spaces is the one where less people drive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

Backup needed! Post-haste!!
JOE BROS!
ASSEMBLE!

cringe