Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

kiimo posted:

Can someone tell me if these guys are panning out?

Burks is promising. I mean before getting his brain erased.

Both the CB and T are full time starters, CB is grading out as below average per PFF and the T as very bad. Philips hasn't played much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

kiimo posted:

Can someone tell me if these guys are panning out?

Burks is promising. I mean before getting his brain erased.

The Titans are a win now team with old Tanny and wringing the last out of Henry. Trading Brown for a guy who might be Brown in a couple years just doesn't match their timeline at all.

And the other non Burks dudes aren't good rn

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Harlock posted:

I wonder if Matt Ryan stayed on the Falcons if they'd be leading the NFC South right now

have you watched a colts game

they benched Ryan for a couple weeks because he was so bad

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Soul Glo posted:

they benched Ryan for a couple weeks because he was so bad
To be fair, their OL was astoundingly atrocious for a few weeks there. Ryan typically had zero time to even get a solid grip on the ball or finish his drop back before he had to start running from or dodging two defenders.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

That stupid pull quote makes it sound like he’s regretful that he retired so early, whereas if you read the article it’s actually that he regretted retiring before the season and leaving his teammates in a lurch.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
The whole thing about him finding clarity and closure in the fact that there is no clarity or closure to be found is pretty fulfilling. Even if the guy has regrets, he still got out with his health and youth on top of buckets of money and a lifelong respect from the fans.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1600234995955601408

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Rams have to be like bottom 3 franchises in the NFL in terms of their short and midterm outlook, right?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mcmagic posted:

The Rams have to be like bottom 3 franchises in the NFL in terms of their short and midterm outlook, right?

Are Kupp/Donald retiring or something?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Doesn't the Rams O-line also suck this year? He's going from one poo poo O-line to another and will get murdered and suck again.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

If the Rams get a functioning offensive line they’re immediately back to being at least a middle of the road team even even Stafford doesn’t come back.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

There's no way they can start him, right? That would be like that time the Vikings started Josh Freeman after trading for him a few days prior.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Donald might.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Freaquency posted:

he regretted retiring before the season and leaving his teammates in a lurch.

that's how I would read that quote :confused:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Weren't there rumors about Donald not playing for much longer? Their good players are SOOOO OLD too.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I hope Baker succeeds.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Baker cant function without a top tier line and run game. Do the Rams have these things?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Doesn't the Rams O-line also suck this year? He's going from one poo poo O-line to another and will get murdered and suck again.

panthers o-line is actually decent this year, and Mayfield was god awful so this should be fun

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Donald drafted a letter saying he was retiring this past off-season but the Rams came up with more money for a couple more years.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Baker cant function without a top tier line and run game. Do the Rams have these things?

Not even close.

Nov 6, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

good god no

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Not even close.

Baker is set to fail then. Receivers and defense are irrelevant with him. I think it's worth a swing for them but drat it's bleak there

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Rams do not have these things. They probably claimed him for the possible comp pick and maybe to troll the Niners but not to win games.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Freaquency posted:

That stupid pull quote makes it sound like he’s regretful that he retired so early, whereas if you read the article it’s actually that he regretted retiring before the season and leaving his teammates in a lurch.

By all appearances Andrew Luck loving loved playing football more than I will ever love anything in my life.

I do not wish death on the man, but I hope Ryan Grigson gets a kidney stone every other month for the rest of his life.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Allbright said that the Falcons and Cards were also interested. Niners weren’t.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I don't think Baker is any better than Josh Johnson tbh

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
maybe Sean McVay can puppet Baker like he used to do with Goff

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jimmy is in line for a good contract this off-season. No way do I believe he rushes back.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1600237900255199232

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

We were robbed of Kliff and Baker drama

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Jimmy is in line for a good contract this off-season. No way do I believe he rushes back.

7-8 weeks puts him back at the divisional round or conference championship game if I'm adding things up correctly?

I mean if they make it there they might not want to change things up because something's going right without him anyway.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
The only positives for Baker here are that he probably will be starting soon and is away from Ben McAdoo.

That's it, that's all the positives

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Don't go loving up that draft pick, Baker.

Nov 6, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1600237900255199232

So the first game back could be the Super Bowl lol?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

maybe Sean McVay can puppet Baker like he used to do with Goff

:science: Alright Kupp will come open by the right hash right at the first down marker

:chef: throws 10ft over Kupp's head

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ches Neckbeard posted:

:science: Alright Kupp will come open by the right hash right at the first down marker

:chef: throws 10ft over Kupp's head

I am extremely confident that Baker will not miss Kupp a single time as Rams QB.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

MJeff posted:

I am extremely confident that Baker will not miss Kupp a single time as Rams QB.

lolll bc kupp is out for the rest of this season

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Rams do not have these things. They probably claimed him for the possible comp pick and maybe to troll the Niners but not to win games.

We didn't want him.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ches Neckbeard posted:

A Rams beat reporter was on I believe Barnwell's podcast last week and went on about how the Rams OL is such a problem that every monday coach's meeting this season was about trying to find guys they could call to come in and play. They then went through the thirteen guys who've played at least a game's worth of snaps on the OL for them. Only their RT, Rob Havenstein, who's fine, has played even close to the full season.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Grittybeard posted:

7-8 weeks puts him back at the divisional round or conference championship game if I'm adding things up correctly?

I mean if they make it there they might not want to change things up because something's going right without him anyway.
Yeah my best guess is that he'd be a backup if they somehow get that far and Purdy gets hurt in the champ game or SB.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Nah, I think he made the right call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/RealTannenbaum/status/1600266014532333569

Wonder why this guy was a lovely GM.......