Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

eXXon posted:

I imagine the choices for stock photos of "eating poo poo" and "poo poo enema" aren't great.

the perfect use case for AI image generators!

....what do you mean im banned from midjourney. wtf terms of service my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

DariusLikewise posted:

a stock photo model has about as much training and experience as a naturopath in medicine so it works

:hmmyes:

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Chillyrabbit posted:

Only shotgun ammo has made the switch to steel shot, which covers the majority of lead contamination when you shoot in the air at birds, or over water you aren't peppering lead over 100-200 sq ft.

Rifle/handgun ammo is still in the process of reducing lead use but the technology isn't there yet for it.

But it can be more easily mitigated as if you shoot outdoors/indoors it contaminates the backstop/dirt pile which is easier to find and mitigate unlike shotguns that blow lead over a zip code and is impossible to find afterwards.

Shooting ranges have insane amounts of lead in the air though which is one of the reasons that cops are so dumb (the other reason is because they are cops)

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Public ones not so much as it's regulated by the Chief firearms office, about what indoor ranges need for an air exchange rate to reduce lead. Typically you can see or feel the air being sucked down range vacuuming it up.

The police only ones though aren't regulated by the CFO, and can have more lead contaminantion or just plain old asbestos (an RCMP training camp but lol at the environmental assessment report that RCMP officers never drilled into the walls, when the training manual specifically trained them into drilling into walls and hiding all traces.)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So gun owners hate Trudeau - will they embrace and suck the cock of any Conservative cause they will allow them to shoot at logs? Cause I don't see the NDP continuing their stupid hobby either.

Segue
May 23, 2007

NDP have actually had a more nuanced take than the Liberals traditionally on gun control, particularly due to Northern Ontario and other MPs with significant Indigenous hunting populations.

That said, gently caress guns I do not understand them as a hobby it literally causes my brain to seize up.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Guns are hella fun and shooting and maintaining them is a fun hobby 🤷

But responsibility with guns and treating them with respect was drilled into me before I was even allowed to touch a pellet gun, which is a bigger cultural shift that we'd have to see happen before anything else

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Guns are hella fun and shooting and maintaining them is a fun hobby 🤷

CLAM DOWN posted:

guns are stupid and gun owners are stupider

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
huh its weird usually CSPAM people love guns. its not like we can overthrow capitalism if we need the enforcers of capitalism for our personal safety

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

The D&Dest rear end CSPAM thread continues it's streak

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
if i was ik of this thread i would definitely ban the dude obsessed with guns for being a boring candy rear end with a tiny dick just saying

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

StealthArcher posted:

who gives a poo poo where you post

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

StealthArcher posted:

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

StealthArcher posted:

I honestly can't tell which Canada thread I'm in most of the time

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Rutibex posted:

huh its weird usually CSPAM people love guns. its not like we can overthrow capitalism if we need the enforcers of capitalism for our personal safety

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

StealthArcher posted:

I blame the laurentian goon elite!

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

Segue posted:

NDP have actually had a more nuanced take than the Liberals traditionally on gun control, particularly due to Northern Ontario and other MPs with significant Indigenous hunting populations.

That said, gently caress guns I do not understand them as a hobby it literally causes my brain to seize up.

gun psychos are notorious for their ability to detect nuance

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
I like guns fine but the revolution won't come at the end of our legally procured and registered weapons, if you're gonna fight the police you need stolen or smuggled weapons.

that you legally owned your guns isn't gonna get you a longer rope after your treason trial

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
guns are fine, but 9 times out of 10 every loudmouth gun owner who wants the second amendment lives in suburbia here will vote to gently caress over farmers and indigenous people in any other situation and just use them when their hobby is threatened

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I would simply fight for the revolution in other means such as infrastructure sabotage or by seducing the enemy.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Dreylad posted:

guns are fine, but 9 times out of 10 every loudmouth gun owner who wants the second amendment lives in suburbia here will vote to gently caress over farmers and indigenous people in any other situation and just use them when their hobby is threatened

Well this is one (1) instance where they won't, so we should probably take it.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Dreylad posted:

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
nerf guns are pretty sweet these days, super soakers went downhill after the 90s ended

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Add glue guns to the ban to prevent further Pinterest-inspired travesties.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Tighclops posted:

nerf guns are pretty sweet these days, super soakers went downhill after the 90s ended

https://hasbropulse.com/products/nerf-lmtd-star-trek-starfleet-type-3-and-type-2-phaser-blasters

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
thank god we have canada's police forces to protect us from the Gun Owners

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
theres a pig here in ottawa who went to kingston for a party weekend (???) and forgot his gun there

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

What opinions of and hostility to them do they think gun owners have that police don’t? Do they think these are very different demographics?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Yeah I got those pre-ordered already, I'm a sucker

Yet still more respectable than an actual gun owner, hooah

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Mameluke posted:

thank god we have canada's police forces to protect the Gun Owners

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Tomorrow the temperature will hit -50C with the wind chill. People sleep outside behind dumpsters because every shelter already exceeds max capacity

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
this is happening because we live in hell and conservatives are in charge

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

Rockstar Massacre posted:

I like guns fine but the revolution won't come at the end of our legally procured and registered weapons, if you're gonna fight the police you need stolen or smuggled weapons.

that you legally owned your guns isn't gonna get you a longer rope after your treason trial

Imagine thinking you're going to bring a gun to a drone fight.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
When I was in grade 1 a friend I invited to my birthday party asked if my mom would let me have a dart gun and I didn't know what a dart gun was. I assumed it was a gun that fired literal darts, and we had a dart board in the basement. So I thought it would be fine if I had a gun that fired darts to play darts better. Anyway my birthday party came and I found out that a dart gun was a plastic toy that shot little rubber suction cup thingies, and my mother was furious that another child gave me one of those as a birthday gift and immediately took it away and my friend ran home crying and wasn't allowed to play with me anymore because I humiliated him by not knowing what a dart gun was.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

ZShakespeare posted:

Imagine thinking Canadian RPVs are worth a drat, or armed, or in places that can't be got at.

lol jfc

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Are pneumatically fired nets guns?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

vyelkin posted:

My guess would be that they just don't give a poo poo and, much like gun nuts in the US, think there could be daily mass shootings and it still wouldn't justify gun control because they value owning their deadly toys more than other people's lives, so they offered the discount code to preach to the choir about how actually mass shootings are fine, without recognizing that it makes them look like insane people to anyone with a conscience.

:umberto:

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ZShakespeare posted:

Right I'm going to bring a t-shirt cannon full of confetti, and a crow

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Rockstar Massacre posted:

Buddy if the revolution needs guns they can just ask the RCMP like everyone else does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

canadian liberals only want the jackbooted enforcers of capital to have guns, what else is new