Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
E:F,B ^

Hope the homie didn't miss his flight or something, it's Wed morning there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1600218022597120000

Yep, never going to get one of these

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
another corrupted mageblood card, lmao

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Stack of 9? You will see a total of one in the next five leagues if you play enough!

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/XikvZIW.mp4

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Looks like I'm definitely going to play RF. Haven't played it before and it's been on my list for a while. Pohx does a great job of breaking the build down, plus the dude just seems delightful in his build vids.

Still not sure whether I'm going to go Jugg or Inquis. It seems like either is going to be fine. I kind of like using cluster jewels in general which might be the tie breaker that leans me towards Inquis, but Jugg seems less finicky overall which I def like in my starter.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I'd go jugg, tankiness can't be overstated, especially with RF you want to be able to dive straight into the middle of packs without a care. Will be better with the archnem changes, but on t16s with inquisitor I would sometimes dive into a pack and just immediately die.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Benson Cunningham posted:

Completely disagree. Not dying still feels great in softcore. Champion last league and RF the league before that were two of my most enjoyable builds. Also I get 6-7 additional skill points from not dying as I push 97-98 compared to a 92 glass cannon which translates directly to additional power.

yeah i just finished playing elementalist EA to 38 challenges in softcore and I definitely want to try something tankier this next league. i'm still gonna dodge, but i'd like to not instantly melt inside degens and stuff.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I’m gonna play champ cleave and quit before yellows

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

im always looking for the smallest excuse to play frost blades

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

Arivia posted:

yeah i just finished playing elementalist EA to 38 challenges in softcore and I definitely want to try something tankier this next league. i'm still gonna dodge, but i'd like to not instantly melt inside degens and stuff.

Yeah I think I'm over playing squishy builds, it gets really tedious once you hit red maps. Deciding between cold dot trickster or EA champ. I'm thinking maybe champ would be safest overall, but not sure about single target damage on cheap gear vs cold dot

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Leaguestart RF for inquisitor happens in the 50s when you do second lab and unlock Pious Path. Jugg can go straight into RF after first lab and is much kinder for league start conditions.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Also Pious Path is getting nerfed so it might be a bit more annoying to make the switch, just so you're aware.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Pious path nerf - doesn't this just amount to a loss of 2.5% life regen per second (applies to ES of course) and some decreased curse effect? Or am I not understanding properly.

Seems like it'd be easy to make up on the tree or gear.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
elementalist EAB shouldn't be squishy :stare:

it handily runs endurance charges, vms, det, grace, capped suppression, 2500 ele aegis etc. while still hitting 5-10m dps depending on gear. Champ obviously will be tankier because that's what champ does, but elementalist eab should not be feeling squishy. at least not beyond the way that wrath of the cosmos + juiced archnem made everything die sometimes

External Organs posted:

Pious path nerf - doesn't this just amount to a loss of 2.5% life regen per second (applies to ES of course) and some decreased curse effect? Or am I not understanding properly.

yeah, correct, it's not a huge nerf.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Elementalist EA ballista is not squishy at all (imho) but yeah champ would be “tankier” tho not to degens afaict.

The difference in in dps is millions tho, last time I compared similar set ups in Pob. That was last league.

Edit

What her story said

3.18 EA elementalist was even more insane but it got a lot harder to run an extra aura when they removed the 15% reservation mastery

euphronius fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Dec 6, 2022

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

External Organs posted:

No, you're correct. You lose out on 2.5% life regen, 2.5% ES regen and 25% reduced effectiveness of curses on you. It not the worst thing in the world, but when your primary damage dealer also puts a big-rear end degen on you, you'll notice the difference.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
I'm probably starting this, probably in ssf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v2tblTWPxA

Goratha's set up is by far the best spark setup I've seen for league start/ssf/low gear. damage is still good while he builds it incredibly tanky

this is the newer part of the tree relative to the 3.17/3.18 setups

been seeing a number of builds including this that didn't used to go down to that bottom part of the scion tree

Makes sense though, that entire path is really good for almost any build

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 6, 2022

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

How is Contagion/ED Trickster looking? I wanna run Trickster but I've done Cold DoT as an Occultist and want to check out something new (to me).

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Might go for Elementalist EK Ignite with Gloomfang.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Big Mad Drongo posted:

How is Contagion/ED Trickster looking? I wanna run Trickster but I've done Cold DoT as an Occultist and want to check out something new (to me).

I tested it at delve event where I got splatted before clearing the first node. It was also not good enough for deli event. But it is good enough for regular ol campaign leveling. Subtractem is the chaos dot YouTuber in the same way Pohx is the RF YouTuber.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'm at the stage where I start thinking "hmm I should play melee for once" and lord help me boneshatter is looking good

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ive given up. ill just play rf again but jugg style.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I did the Jugg version in Kalandra. It’s different enough to add some novelty fun. The dream of adding Aspect of Carnage is also cool .

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
A dumb atlas tech for idiots: if you use the unique scepter Augyre, you can have both elemental overload + precise technique (for 8 seconds, at least).

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Tested out leveling poison BV Occultist, then tested 100% cold conversion BV Occultist. Both seem good, but I like the cold build better. Power charge stacking gives a bunch of extra generic AoE, freezing and chilling everything is fantastic defensively, and I love those chunky Gloom Herald of Ice explosion sounds.

The downside is I have to level something boring like Arc until I can buy a Hrimsorrow on day 1, and I'll probably have to run Frostbite either on Blasphemy or in a Mark of Submission ring for a couple days until it's possible to get a Frostbite on hit ring. Should still be totally fine, and I like how BV / Vaal BV plays a lot.

e:

External Organs posted:

A dumb atlas tech for idiots: if you use the unique scepter Augyre, you can have both elemental overload + precise technique (for 8 seconds, at least).

Doesn't that just give the the Elemental Overload keystone effect for 8 seconds? As in, you still have to crit in order to turn it on but Precise Technique prevents you from critting?

Mentat Radnor fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Dec 6, 2022

theshim
May 1, 2012

Mentat Radnor posted:

Tested out leveling poison BV Occultist, then tested 100% cold conversion BV Occultist. Both seem good, but I like the cold build better. Power charge stacking gives a bunch of extra generic AoE, freezing and chilling everything is fantastic defensively, and I love those chunky Gloom Herald of Ice explosion sounds.

The downside is I have to level something boring like Arc until I can buy a Hrimsorrow on day 1, and I'll probably have to run Frostbite either on Blasphemy or in a Mark of Submission ring for a couple days until it's possible to get a Frostbite on hit ring. Should still be totally fine, and I like how BV / Vaal BV plays a lot.
gently caress don't tempt me like this

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Mentat Radnor posted:

Doesn't that just give the the Elemental Overload keystone effect for 8 seconds? As in, you still have to crit in order to turn it on but Precise Technique prevents you from critting?
Huh. Maybe...?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

12 rats tied together posted:

im always looking for the smallest excuse to play frost blades

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I'm probably starting this, probably in ssf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v2tblTWPxA

Goratha's set up is by far the best spark setup I've seen for league start/ssf/low gear. damage is still good while he builds it incredibly tanky

this is the newer part of the tree relative to the 3.17/3.18 setups

been seeing a number of builds including this that didn't used to go down to that bottom part of the scion tree

Makes sense though, that entire path is really good for almost any build

I'm guessing spark will be super good for the league mech, because cramped roguelike tunnel arenas.

J
Jun 10, 2001

If it weren't for resolve, I would definitely start RF again only jugg instead of inquis. But I don't want to be on a low-ish single target damage build with limited range for the sanctum, so I'm trying to figure out something else. Although RF will probably still be fine in the sanctum chucking fire traps and running around if needed. The inquis nerf is pretty minor, it'll be slightly more annoying early but even with dogshit league start gear it still has more than enough regen to cover RF. Immortal flesh should be cheap even early on, and flat life regen rolls on rares are meaningful mods. Voll's vision is good too but it might be expensive early this league, I've heard a lot of people babbling about rushing it to run RF on caster builds early on to bump up their damage when the rest of their gear is bad. Or using it with kaom's spirit for rage regeneration.

Vaal venom gyre looks really good to me, but league starting it looks treacherous. All the venom gyre builds I looked at last league had huge amounts of gear and I've not seen a convincing league start variant so far.

qnqnx posted:

Might go for Elementalist EK Ignite with Gloomfang.

There is a fair amount of hype surrounding that build, I'd be concerned about gear being expensive. Or at least have a contingency plan.

Grimoire posted:

I'm guessing spark will be super good for the league mech, because cramped roguelike tunnel arenas.

Good point, that spark build looks solid too. Spark is super fun to play, particularly in cramped favorable areas.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Just remember that if you want to play EK nova or Spark nova, the nova behavior will now be from a Uber Lab helm enchant only. The jewels are getting removed.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
or a ring

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

The new "random direction" ring? I guess that works, although it could get really unlucky with EK.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/bexsayswords/status/1600206000136413185

lets go ggg crank that poo poo out, i need to know how deep in the dumpster i'm gonna be running vaal blade flurry

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Random tip for those that want to get more passive skills and rather get more survivability with your passives until you get better gear, Blight allows you to anoint head, body, boots, and hands with Blight specific armor.

Boots: The Stampede - movement speed is 150% base

Gloves: Breathstealer - makes spores when you kill a rare for 10 seconds but since there are less rares now, not at good but +cast/atk speed and 16 all resist. if you anoint this it cannot have a lab enchant

Helm: one for each defense. sets one resistance to a hard 75 and 50-55% reduction to the the other two. This one is always cheap but the resistance dump is too much. (since the helm says "* resistance is 75", does that mean a debuff to the resistance does nothing?). Can have one lab enchant and the anoint.

Body:Sporeguard - when you kill an enemy, it casts fungal ground on yourself OR you can stand still to automatically make the creep. Enemies dying on the creep explodes for 5% chaos damage and everything standing on the creep deal 10% nonchaos damage as extra chaos damage. Running skelemages/skeletons on top of the creep was very noticeable in clear and single target.

edit: since I tried melee last after non-stop minions and missed minions so much I'll probably do EA Ballista and try for a Sporeguard since the added chaos wouldn't mess up the EE

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 7, 2022

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

EVIL Gibson posted:

Random tip for those that want to get more passive skills and rather get more survivability with your passives until you get better gear, Blight allows you to anoint head, body, boots, and hands with Blight specific armor.

Boots: The Stampede - movement speed is 150% base

Gloves: Breathstealer - makes spores when you kill a rare for 10 seconds but since there are less rares now, not at good but +cast/atk speed and 16 all resist. if you anoint this it cannot have a lab enchant

Helm: one for each defense. sets one resistance to a hard 75 and 50-55% reduction to the the other two. This one is always cheap but the resistance dump is too much. (since the helm says "* resistance is 75", does that mean a debuff to the resistance does nothing?). Can have one lab enchant and the anoint.

Body:Sporeguard - when you kill an enemy, it casts fungal ground on yourself OR you can stand still to automatically make the creep. Enemies dying on the creep explodes for 5% chaos damage and everything standing on the creep deal 10% nonchaos damage as extra chaos damage. Running skelemages/skeletons on top of the creep was very noticeable in clear and single target.

edit: since I tried melee last after non-stop minions and missed minions so much I'll probably do EA and try for a Sporeguard since the added chaos wouldn't mess up the EE

Aren't most of these insanely rare? I've run a lot of blight and never had a single Blight unique drop.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
If you're having trouble deciding between builds, the Poe builds Reddit is a good resource, in depth discussion of build differences and how they feel to play. Leaning towards doing EA elementalist now.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

euphronius posted:

I did the Jugg version in Kalandra. It’s different enough to add some novelty fun. The dream of adding Aspect of Carnage is also cool .

mostly picking it bcos i can play it and know i can get into red maps easily, and then fund something else lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

J posted:

There is a fair amount of hype surrounding that build, I'd be concerned about gear being expensive. Or at least have a contingency plan.

There's only a few required uniques for ek ignite and gloomfang is common enough it won't be too bad. For uniques I'm worried about polaric devastation early on which will be multiple divines (though buying the invites should be positive ev on that), as well as the skin, and getting a great watchers eye will always suck but a 1mod won't be too bad. But I think clusters and the bow are going to be where the prices are nuts for this one. I'm still strongly considering it because some of the medium investment showcases I've seen look alright and WoC ignite isn't a bad starter regardless of what I transition into.