Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Aphrodite posted:

Mostly. Kevin Hart pulling a Jackie Chan if he had a gay kid would hardly surprise me, but he did post it like it was a joke. It wasn't funny even for 2010 era standards though.

The Lil Nas X thing is from some interview they did where he asked why he had to come out and didn't understand why it was a big deal, or why a black man felt scared to talk about it before he was already a bit insulated on top of the world. Just loving unbelievable obliviousness.

personally it seems pretty naive at best to untether the homophobia from the former to the comments of the latter

e: i can already tell I'm gonna get told to knock it off so this is the last I'll say about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Soul Glo posted:

further disappointed that no one itt got the joke of having the rock play a rock man

I guess you didn't see Love & Thunder because they already made that joke.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I remember Robin Williams, but I absolutely must have memory hole'd Dwayne Johnson in Jumanji because I don't remember that AT ALL.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Gologle posted:

I remember Robin Williams, but I absolutely must have memory hole'd Dwayne Johnson in Jumanji because I don't remember that AT ALL.

He was in the remake they did a few years ago where it is a video game that sucks people into it.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Gologle posted:

they've done two new ones, also starring Nebula and the dude from Hereditary and Jack Black

and Kevin Hart lol

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Soul Glo posted:

further disappointed that no one itt got the joke of having the rock play a rock man

it's also fun to imagine The Thing delivering his catch phrases like The Rock would deliver a catch phrase

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
That sounds awful tbh

EDIT: not the above post, the two posts above it

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lunatic Sledge posted:

it's also fun to imagine The Thing delivering his catch phrases like The Rock would deliver a catch phrase

he calls himself the ever loving blue eyed thing and no one comments on it

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Gologle posted:

That sounds awful tbh

EDIT: not the above post, the two posts above it

Like I said, it's better than it had any right to be"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah the Rock Jumanji movies are good

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

site posted:

he calls himself the ever loving blue eyed thing and no one comments on it

Because it is much better than his original version "I'm the motherfucking Aryan specimen!"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lobok posted:

Because it is much better than his original version "I'm the motherfucking Aryan specimen!"

Jack Kirby is going to rise from the grave and punch your lights out for that one

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
This has got me imagining Ben as a modern day wrestler instead of an old timey one and I think he might have an easier time fighting the Hulk if he was constantly launching his 2 ton rock body at him via suicide dives

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Opopanax posted:

Jack Kirby is going to rise from the grave and punch your lights out for that one

Nothing more White Supremacist than a golem from Delancey Street.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

OnimaruXLR posted:

This has got me imagining Ben as a modern day wrestler instead of an old timey one and I think he might have an easier time fighting the Hulk if he was constantly launching his 2 ton rock body at him via suicide dives

And then have the modern day comic "fans" get upset because the fights have no storytelling, no selling, and no psychology.

"Back in my day Spider-Man never did flips, he always punched Green Goblin, and Green Goblin wouldn't shrug it off like it didn't hurt!"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

OnimaruXLR posted:

At Marvel it always comes back to the ring. Spider-Man and Thing wrestling, Daredevil boxing, and of course the circus.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lobok posted:

oh the idea was the rocks eyes are not blue lol

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bruceski posted:

jesus CHRIST

i nearly gagged laughing at this, am i bad person?

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Mostly. Kevin Hart pulling a Jackie Chan if he had a gay kid would hardly surprise me,

Am I about to learn some Jackie Chan lore that's gonna make me sad?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

SlimGoodbody posted:

Am I about to learn some Jackie Chan lore that's gonna make me sad?

Jackie pretty much publicly disowned his son after a drug-related arrest and iirc he has an illegitimate daughter from an old affair that he either doesn’t support financially or only supported on the hush-hush before it became public. Basically he’s a bad dad.

He’s also become a pro-authoritarian dude when it comes to Hong Kong, but that’s been going on since the early 2000s.

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Dec 7, 2022

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Jackie pretty much publicly disowned his son after a drug-related arrest and iirc he has an illegitimate daughter from an old affair that he either doesn’t support financially or only supported on the hush-hush before it became public. Basically he’s a bad dad.

Jackie ☹

quote:

He’s also become a pro-authoritarian dude when it comes to Hong Kong, but that’s been going on since the early 2000s.

Idk enough about what is actually going on in the sino-political sphere to form a hard opinion on any of that. All I know is America REALLY has a mad-on for China, and has for pretty much my whole life, so any time we get English language reporting on that country it's always "China eats babies and drinks blood and worships demons and does seven genocides a day," which strains credulity imo so I try to stay kinda agnostic. I hope that uhh everything works out and everyone is uhh happy and has a nice time 😃🤙

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If I remember right said daughter was disowned by her mother after she came out as gay so it all ties back in a big bigoted wheel.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The drug thing isn’t a huge surprise….there is a massive social stigma against illegal drug use in a lot of Asian countries

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Bruceski posted:

Rhyno posted:

jesus CHRIST

i nearly gagged laughing at this, am i bad person?

Well we're going to the bad place together then because I laughed out loud at work hah.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

SlimGoodbody posted:

Idk enough about what is actually going on in the sino-political sphere to form a hard opinion on any of that. All I know is America REALLY has a mad-on for China, and has for pretty much my whole life, so any time we get English language reporting on that country it's always "China eats babies and drinks blood and worships demons and does seven genocides a day," which strains credulity imo so I try to stay kinda agnostic. I hope that uhh everything works out and everyone is uhh happy and has a nice time 😃🤙

Kinda tough to “stay agnostic” when you see Hong Kong police cracking protester skulls for extremely minor infractions, but you do you

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
maybe North Korea isn't so bad either. it's all propaganda

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
What the gently caress is going on in here?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Joe Fisto posted:

What the gently caress is going on in here?

Everyone has brain damage due to the discourse, OP

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The daughter says that both her mother and Jackie abandoned her for being gay.

People seem to believe the reason he turned CCP shill is to protect his son. As lovely as that is, I can understand that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Comfortador posted:

Well we're going to the bad place together then because I laughed out loud at work hah.

First time hearing that one? Lee and Kirby weren't known for being subtle, that was one of the examples brought out against people in the early 2000s complaining that they'd "suddenly made the character Jewish".

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Kinda tough to “stay agnostic” when you see Hong Kong police cracking protester skulls for extremely minor infractions, but you do you

I mean yeah obviously I don't like that, but the US does so much worse (domestically and abroad), and so constantly, that I don't, like, feel qualified to sit in judgment of them, I guess? Similarly with North Korea, yes, all western press I've heard about them sounds insane, often unbelievably so. It's probably not a fun place to live regardless. But on the other hand, we firebombed and massacred them with such gut churning enthusiasm that the entire country, civilians included, had to live underground for years. It probably has something to do with why they're paranoid and belligerent! So idk man in general I just kinda shut up on it if they get portrayed as weird and bad in my country's media bc the only answer my country has to poo poo like that anyway is "start a foreverwar and kill them all" which is not my preferred outcome 🤷‍♂️

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

We can probably just not do this in the comic book movie thread

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Opopanax posted:

We can probably just not do this in the comic book movie thread

This is politics thread now I guess.

How about that Kanye West fella?

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

This is politics thread now I guess.

How about that Kanye West fella?

He's got the mask, the costume, and the insane megalomaniac dictator opinions; I'm really fascinated with his supervillain arc!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

SlimGoodbody posted:

He's got the mask, the costume, and the insane megalomaniac dictator opinions; I'm really fascinated with his supervillain arc!

Kanye secretly cast as MCU Dr Doom? You heard it here first from We Got This Covered!

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Just imagine how much cooler the world would be right now if someone had convinced him to buy a skull island instead of Parler.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

SlimGoodbody posted:

Just imagine how much cooler the world would be right now if someone had convinced him to buy a skull island instead of Parler.

That would’ve been a better use of his money. A volcano lair would be a good fit as well.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SlimGoodbody posted:

Ye isn't fit to lick MF DOOM's boots. :colbert:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
At this point Ye has more in common with Red Skull than Doom. gently caress, he actually has more in common with Captain Nazi than any other villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Madkal posted:

At this point Ye has more in common with Red Skull than Doom. gently caress, he actually has more in common with Captain Nazi than any other villain.

Maybe be could be an act 1 villain in the next Cap movie, Hate-Monger