Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

works great for calibrating your monitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

big cummers ONLY posted:

I've played zealot for about 40 hours and I just saw the boltgun for the first time. I didn't even know we got a boltgun.

50, and I haven't seen one?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

God damnit, this is my second terrible snipe this week. I don't care. I'm leaving it.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Can't wait to start using this new frame

heihachi is real, and strong, and my friend

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Internet Explorer posted:

God damnit, this is my second terrible snipe this week. I don't care. I'm leaving it.

page snipes aren't a thing you're fine

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

ninjoatse.cx posted:

50, and I haven't seen one?

Jesus, that sucks. That being said I've used it on my zealot and it's annoying af because the animation for the bolter means you can't just quickly whip it out and delete something.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I’ve been using the flamer, and it’s way more satisfying than anything on my level10 veteran

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
On zealot I swap between flamer or Mk12 lasgun, depending on if we need horde clear or special snipes.

Usually melee alone can clear a horde fine unless it's got lots of elites mixed in.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I’ve been using the flamer, and it’s way more satisfying than anything on my level10 veteran

Yeah, the sad part of vet is that it's so loving strong and all the best performing guns are kinda just there compared to the chainswords, hammer, power sword, flamer, so on.

Obviously the bolter is crazy visceral and cool but if I have to see that stupid loving racking animation one more goddamn time

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
https://i.imgur.com/zKDYdLr.mp4

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

y'all seem unreasonably angry by the bolt racking. It's literally the only thing keeping the bolter from blowing any other ranged option out of the water lol. I'll take it any day as a trade-off to the power you get with it.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

The bolt racking is the only thing that stops the bolter from being completely OP.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
The Thunder Hammer for Zealot feels very fun to play around with, but I wish it did a bit more damage. Doesn't always one-shot even the normal zombies, despite how slow and unwieldy it is.

Edit:

I'll take it.
Though that Deathspitter blessing seems like a joke. Is Power just damage?

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Dec 7, 2022

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Finally got a heresy clear on consignment yard, run was pretty intense was spending most of the mission under 50% health and overall run was about 35 minutes.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Darktide has a very good flamethrower, no idea why the single flame puffs don't light up the halls like the braced firing mode. Love the fire effects when they light up the surroundings.

Took this one from blue to orange with so-so results? Started off with +7% reload speed and overpressure.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

field balm posted:

heihachi is real, and strong, and my friend

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

wow that's really good

Orv
May 4, 2011
Kazuya, get in the goddamn volcano.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Moose King posted:

Do Assassination, don't shoot until you get to the boss, dump all your ammo into his big unmissable shield. If an elite dies and you get more ammo back just dump that ammo back into that shield and hope it's 0 at the end of the mission.

Alternatively use something that does splash damage, since dealing splash damage to any enemy apparently counts as a hit even if you miss the main shot.

I tried this and... look I know it sounds hypocritical but another person doing a worse penance (stay low health as zealot, try to speedrun) loving ruined it twice. Mine is obnoxious, theirs is active sabotage.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
The bolt-racking on the bolter is like spinning up the Heavy's minigun in TF2. Hell, at level 30 you can even get an instant reload with your active ability if 15 rounds of constant bolter fire somehow isn't enough for whatever you're deleting.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i once missed a lone poxwalker at medium distance 10 times with a bolter

my eternal shame to share with u all

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

toasterwarrior posted:

Hell, at level 30 you can even get an instant reload with your active ability if 100+ rounds of constant laser fire somehow isn't enough for whatever you're deleting.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Had an EASY no melee hit run going (on the train yard end stage, super easy to not get melee'd there) and accidentally aggro'd a daemonhost and it targeted me T_T

Was a 4 Vet run, which is insanely stupidly overpowered - we just deleted everything, at all times, with zero bolter/plasma too (1 Lasgun, 2 Autogun, 1 Shotgun, 1 chainsword, 3 powersword)

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Which is the continuous fire lazgun, anyway? Time to shelve my Bolter for a bit and try something different.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

Which is the continuous fire lazgun, anyway? Time to shelve my Bolter for a bit and try something different.

It's the recon series. The VId is fastest/lowest damage, the VIIa is slowest/high damage, and the Mk II is somewhere in the middle.

Abroham Lincoln fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 7, 2022

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Got a grey near 380 accatran in the refresh today 👍

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Jerkface posted:

Got a grey near 380 accatran in the refresh today 👍

Which one though, only really the VIb is good (and it's not that good due to ammo efficiency issues on higher difficulties).

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Is it me, or are the servers for this game making GBS threads themselves tonight? I can't connect to anything.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Abroham Lincoln posted:

It's the recon series. The VId is fastest/lowest damage, the VIIa is slowest/high damage, and the Mk II is somewhere in the middle.

Thanks!

comrade corcus
Apr 23, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

The Thunder Hammer for Zealot feels very fun to play around with, but I wish it did a bit more damage. Doesn't always one-shot even the normal zombies, despite how slow and unwieldy it is.

Edit:

I'll take it.
Though that Deathspitter blessing seems like a joke. Is Power just damage?

Yea, just damage but charmed is nutty I can attest to that. It really ends up netting you 20-30 extra bullets per ammo before your added crit chance. Hold down trigger and just barely strafe side to side to eliminate most of the recoil.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
is it just me or have they turned up the rear end stabbing to 11 in darktide. you'll go into a room, check corners, go to grab something, and get stabbed by something that physically could not possibly have been there before you turned your back. it is so fuckin annoying! especially because each chip triggers the shield break sound/visual effect

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
people are less observant than they give themselves credit for (insert male loner pskyer voice here)

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Has anyone got the no melee hit penance for Vet and can offer any tips? I’ve come close a couple times and always get smacked in the back.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

terrorist ambulance posted:

is it just me or have they turned up the rear end stabbing to 11 in darktide. you'll go into a room, check corners, go to grab something, and get stabbed by something that physically could not possibly have been there before you turned your back. it is so fuckin annoying! especially because each chip triggers the shield break sound/visual effect

this is why you should slide everywhere

i like to slide into an enemy, whack em in the leg and then heavy attack em in the face, it's the heihachi hellsweep

e: still trying to nail the emperor wind god fist

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Yes, and if you pay attention, you'll sometimes see mobs just spawn right out of thin air.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Had a good run tonight, but 1death, 0 kills blows.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/sdlzZK5.mp4

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

FileNotFound posted:

I swear people can't read.

I say I hate the store rotation.

Goons: "Why are you defending loot boxes????"

What the actual gently caress.

Rotating store being trash and having a very limited variety of items is poo poo. It has NOTHING to do with lootboxes.

Let’s review what you posted, because on a re-read it seems less that “some people can’t read” and more that you didn’t really think about what you wrote actually means.

FileNotFound posted:

Yes it's still gambling - but with mats rather than waiting for the store.

I'd need to play game to earn mats. It'd give me a reason to run a mission to earn mats to gamble more.

Logging in to check store and then logging out is far worse imo than logging in to grind for materials to upgrade stuff.

1. Gambling with materials that you would have to spend an order of magnitude more time to get without being able to see what you’d get = good vs the random store

Being able to see what you get and being able to not leave it to chance AND being able to use basic currency is pretty sweet by comparison, even with the poo poo timer. You didn’t say that you love loot boxes, but what’s the difference between having to waste your time so you can gamble? Gambling and loot boxes are functionally the same thing.

2. Paraphrasing, but I’d said that if you need a grinding mechanic to play the game that your priorities are out of order. Because the game part of the game rules and having to rely on RNG on a single blind chance kinda sucks.

3. Logging in to check the store — that you see 15ish random items that you’re not forced to buy —is in no way shittier than having a dice roll where you get to see one item that you’re stuck with. You could always just check the store when you play the game instead?

The store takes the dice roll and makes it free — you get fifteen chances to get random items in the shop without having to grind materials!

To be clear, the timer on the store sucks, but it’s better than having to roll the dice and being stuck with an item (which you can still do at Sire Melk’s).

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

found an almost perfect braced autogun stat wise with 10% elite damage. decided to try out my first shot at upgrading, got sprint speed, reload speed for 2s after sliding (????) and terrifying barage. gently caress my life

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/a65Mh4d.mp4

I hope they never change space hound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

CoD Zombies would be proud.