Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Was Kiera Hogan getting thrown out of the baddies effectively her being written out of the company or something? I like her. I'd hate to see her go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Was Kiera Hogan getting thrown out of the baddies effectively her being written out of the company or something? I like her. I'd hate to see her go.

No.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
smart money is on her and bow wow bringing in a debut for jade to feud with

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

*anything negative happens to someone in kayfabe in AEW*

"is this a write-off for someone leaving the company?"

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Nehru the Damaja posted:

when AEW ends relationships it's typically been done quietly offscreen. if it's on tv then it's an angle.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Alaois posted:

Kenny said goodbye after the main event the elite are donezo

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Alaois posted:

Gee I wonder why some of the people who read this forum have been conditioned to think that way

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

flatluigi posted:

smart money is on her and bow wow bringing in a debut for jade to feud with

I mean, if they really wanted to break the bank, they could get Shaq to train for another mixed tag against Hogan and Bow Wow

goodness knows, Shaq did surprisingly well in the first one, and not just because of Cody

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Has blading always been a thing in pro wrestling or is there a particular person/promotion/territory that started it?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

She's wrestling against Jade and the Baddies on Wednesday

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I can't remember the last time AEW actually did a big write-off angle (unless you want to count Cody putting over Sammy in that ladder match). Normally when someone is on the way out they just get sent home and aren't booked anymore.

Benne fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 3, 2022

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lamuella posted:

She's wrestling against Jade and the Baddies on Wednesday

Oh boy, I wonder who's going to win this one.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

edogawa rando posted:

I bet it’s Jade’s team!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Unless someone else shows up that's a very Dark Elevation match

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

edogawa rando posted:

It would be cool if Kiera pinned Leila

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

I bet it’s Jade’s team!

Stranger things have happened!

Elephant Ambush posted:

It would be cool if Kiera pinned Leila

I'm not sure Jade's winning streak should be ended on what is essentially a nothing trios match with no real stakes though. I'm leaning towards the Baddies costing Jade her title/streak at a PPV (a scenario like "an attempted beltshot with the TBS title by one of The Baddies being dodged by the challenger, accidentally nails Jade instead, pinfall, XX-1 graphic on the big screen while Jade has a meltdown").

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

There’s American football on tv at the bar I’m in and I just saw that they have camera drones flying around the field and poo poo.

This is a two part question:

1) How do we convince the boss that we need camera drones on Dynamite

2) How long until Darby jumps off of one

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Sandman McMahon posted:

There’s American football on tv at the bar I’m in and I just saw that they have camera drones flying around the field and poo poo.

Are they drones, or are they using a Spidercam set-up? I can't imagine having drones buzzing every which way inside an enclosed building is the safest thing.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

edogawa rando posted:

Are they drones, or are they using a Spidercam set-up? I can't imagine having drones buzzing every which way inside an enclosed building is the safest thing.

I dunno man, looked like they were flying to me. I guess it’d be pretty cool if Darby jumped off a spider camera too, maybe save that for Halloween or something though.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they're spidas. this season a guy hit one of the spidas when he throwed it

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Sandman McMahon posted:

I dunno man, looked like they were flying to me. I guess it’d be pretty cool if Darby jumped off a spider camera too, maybe save that for Halloween or something though.

Here's an example of a Spidercam set up being used in a couple of rugby matches (I think it's the 2016 edition of the Rugby Championship fixture between the All Blacks and Wallabies, because that was a double-header with the Black Ferns playing the Wallaroos)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iOQsRp9msA

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fun fact, the use of spidercam to film american football games was actually innovated by the XFL and then made its way into NFL broadcasts

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
XFL continues to influence the world

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the new USFL used dronecams but the drones were really really loud so you could always hear a constant high pitched whine when they were being used lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

just like posting in a gdt

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Sandman McMahon posted:

NOAH did use some camera drones during the pandemic, it was pretty cool

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Why did Andre the Giant show up in a couple of interviews for WCW near the end? Did he just happen to be around and they said "Hey come on TV for us!"

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Why did Andre the Giant show up in a couple of interviews for WCW near the end? Did he just happen to be around and they said "Hey come on TV for us!"

He needed money and he had fallen out with Vince. WCW was willing to pay him quite a lot to appear at Clash 20 for an interview in what turned out to be his last appearance on american TV.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

MrBling posted:

He needed money and he had fallen out with Vince. WCW was willing to pay him quite a lot to appear at Clash 20 for an interview in what turned out to be his last appearance on american TV.

What happened with Vince? Money as usual? Andre was probably still a bit of a draw but his body was dead in the water.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

forkboy84 posted:

NOAH did use some camera drones during the pandemic, it was pretty cool

Muta misted a drone, it was awesome.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What happened with Vince? Money as usual? Andre was probably still a bit of a draw but his body was dead in the water.

Andre was falling apart physically and couldn't really go but he still wanted to be the top guy and more than anything else he wanted to be on the road. Basically his entire career pre-WWF was spent on the road, since he was always the special attraction coming into a territory for a short while and then moving on. He loved being on the road with other wrestlers, hanging out in the back of the arenas, playing cards with them etc.
But yeah, Vince couldn't really justify betting so much on a guy that couldn't actually go any longer, no matter how much money he had made for the company in the past.

Andre did some really bad tours in Japan and Mexico near the end, he was teaming with Baba in Japan where they still got pops but not because of anything they did in the ring.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Benne posted:

I can't remember the last time AEW actually did a big write-off angle (unless you want to count Cody putting over Sammy in that ladder match). Normally when someone is on the way out they just get sent home and aren't booked anymore.

Friend sent me a rumor that this is what just happened with Regal, which would be a bummer :smith: really hope it’s wrong.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
that rumor includes within it the idea that Regal's contract had a proviso that he could sever from AEW immediately and return to the fold if HHH wound up in charge of WWE so let's just hope Tony isn't that level of stupid, foolish, idiotic, and dumber than hell

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Is there a retrospective of Sweet and Sour Larry Sweeney? I didn’t know of him until after his passing and he’s kind of fascinated me. I’ve seen various clips and promos but never anything more, I’m not even sure I’ve seen a match of his or one where he was managing another wrestler.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Would pro wrestling be better if more people wore capes?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

no tbh i think itd be better if we leaned more into kayfabe that this is a sport and brought back 80s territory style wrasslin lookin dudes. capes are lame af except for kane he looked p good in a cape

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Writer Cath posted:

Would pro wrestling be better if more people wore capes?

Yes, that and robes. Need more robes.

PunishedEnzoMatrix
Jul 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
Capes are cool, you just wear them out to the ring and do your peacock pose and then hand it off to the ref or your manager or whatever and then wrestle in your trunks

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Some real men/women of genius ITT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Kane had a cape?