Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Got Daredevil and finally got a chance to make this deck, which I’m simply calling ‘Nope’.

# (1) Iceman
# (1) Nova
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Baron Mordo
# (3) Storm
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Gamora
# (6) Leader
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOb3ZhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEYXJlZGV2aWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0b3JtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKZXNzaWNhSm9uZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHYW1vcmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhvYmdvYmxpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHJvZmVzc29yWCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGVhZGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCYXJvbk1vcmRvIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Do you want to play in all three lanes? Nope, Storm’s closing one out early.

Want to make a fun play on turn 5? Nope, I can see it early and counter - perhaps by closing out a second lane with Professor X.

Making a big play on 6? Nope, Leader’s copying that play in the one lane remaining to you.

Included Iceman and Mordo because gently caress you.

Climbed 9 ranks overnight. I feel invincible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Lol I'm playing a Death deck but still have to say this new location contributing to Death cost reduction is some bullshit

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Is there a list of must-buys on the token shop? So far I've picked up Patriot and Hela which seem to be good choices?

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Just pulled Sera. I know she's a great card, but I'm struggling to fit her in. Don't have a ton of pool 3 cards, but I do have Wave. My understanding is the best way to use her is to dump a bunch of 2-3 cost cards late?

Seems like she'd be stupid with Silver Surfer.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What is Black Bolts ceiling or purpose. Like what situation would you ever need to discard the opponents lowest cost card? Last say apocalypse assuming that’s their only remaining card ?Just trying to figure out the thought behind the design

(And really like the lounge singer variant)

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

acumen posted:

Is there a list of must-buys on the token shop? So far I've picked up Patriot and Hela which seem to be good choices?

It really depends on what kind of deck you like playing but the absolute top choice is She Hulk. She easily slides into any deck you might have.

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."

Coq au Nandos posted:

Got Daredevil and finally got a chance to make this deck, which I’m simply calling ‘Nope’.

Climbed 9 ranks overnight. I feel invincible.

Don't have Leader or Daredevil yet, but I subbed in Juggernaut and Magneto and this deck rules. Storm followed by Juggernaut next turn is some mean poo poo.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

acumen posted:

You really don't need Series 5 stuff that bad, would best avoid.

Only Series 4 worth buying is She Hulk.

Series 3 is selective, but some cards are absolute staples in the game: Sera, Aero, Wave, Wong, maybe Lockjaw. Other than that it's depends on what you want to play with.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I think Aero, Leader, and Magneto are all pretty safe bets for 1k tokens. They're all just general good value you can slot into a lot of decks. Wave, Sera, Magik, they're all really solid support cards but they aren't your win conditions, they just help you set them up.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

the_american_dream posted:

What is Black Bolts ceiling or purpose. Like what situation would you ever need to discard the opponents lowest cost card? Last say apocalypse assuming that’s their only remaining card ?Just trying to figure out the thought behind the design

(And really like the lounge singer variant)

If you Wave before they all cost the same, thats the full hand maybe?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

^burtle posted:

If you Wave before they all cost the same, thats the full hand maybe?

That's a cool idea but I'm assuming it just chooses one at random

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
So, fun fact: When the new featured location, Lamentis-3, destroys your deck all of those cards count as destroyed for the purpose of calculating Death's energy cost.

Carrying an easy zero cost Death in hand on turn 1 is certainly a mood.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Found that out in a game that also featured TVA. I was playing a low curve deck and had a good hand for it, and bingod one of my opponent's plays with rocket and it was still futile.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Does the math of this location make T1 Korg better than usual if it reveals on T2 or T3? I can't figure it out

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Well, barring shenanigans (Agatha), each player has drawn 4 cards by turn 1, 5 cards by turn 2, and 6 cards by turn 3.

So let's say you play Korg on the first turn.

If it reveals on 2 or 3, the player will have 8 or 9 cards in hand. More specifically, they'll have 4 or 5 draws to get the rock, respectively.

The chance of drawing the rock vs not drawing it:

Lamentis Turn 2: There are 8 cards + 1 rock left in the deck. (9 choose 4) = 126 total possible draw combinations, ignoring order. Of those, there are (8 choose 4) = 70 possible combinations where they don't get the rock. That's 5/9 they didn't get it, or a 4/9 chance they get the rock.

Lamentis turn 3: At the start of turn 2, there are 8 cards + 1 rock left in the deck. I'm going to fast-forward to the end of turn 3, because we don't care when the rock is drawn so long as it is. (9 choose 4) = 126 total possible draw combinations, ignoring order. (8 choose 5) = 56 possible combinations with no rock. That's 4/9 they didn't get it, or a 5/9 chance they get the rock.

TLDR: If Lamentis kicks in and you played Korg on turn 1, they have a chance a little below/above 50% to have drawn it instead of something useful

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Holy poo poo this deck feels too good!

Original had Green Goblin instead of Leader, but an extra out on the last turn, applied with easy drop Death/She-Hulk is great!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Possibly the most sickening game of Snap I've ever played. I have no idea how this dude hung around till turn 6, because poo poo popped off way sooner than that.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

ManMythLegend posted:

So, fun fact: When the new featured location, Lamentis-3, destroys your deck all of those cards count as destroyed for the purpose of calculating Death's energy cost.

Carrying an easy zero cost Death in hand on turn 1 is certainly a mood.

Yeah, this is gonna be a fun location in circulation but it's a loving miserable meta when it's Featured. Just endless coin flips to see whether you and your opponent drew Death.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
surfer/sera with a bunch of 3 power cards is a fun deck and works pretty well with the location (assuming neither side has death anyway)

thor is really good with the location thing too

wyoak fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Dec 7, 2022

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Cabbit posted:

Possibly the most sickening game of Snap I've ever played. I have no idea how this dude hung around till turn 6, because poo poo popped off way sooner than that.

thats a bot

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Is there something in the game that costs an off number of tokens? When I spend everything I have on upgrades I'm left with 20 instead of 25 or 0 and it's driving me mad!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Network42 posted:

Is there something in the game that costs an off number of tokens? When I spend everything I have on upgrades I'm left with 20 instead of 25 or 0 and it's driving me mad!

Fast Upgrade.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Just had a fun little game. Locations are Tinker's Workshop (which neither of us used), X Mansion, Mojoworld. Turn 3, I play my Patriot on Mojoworld, X-Mansion gives my opponent Magneto, who pulls Patriot. My card was Hulkbuster.

Last turn, I've got Misty, Cyclops, and Blue Marvel on Workshop, Patriot alone mid, and Mojoworld is empty. Opponent drops Enchantress to hit Patriot after having snapped, I've got Squirrel Girl on Workshop, Shang-Chi to hang out with Patriot :allears:

102-power Squirrel let's go.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Dec 7, 2022

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

PJOmega posted:

Over 80% of my matches today have been against bots (Rank 67-72) and they're all the hella cheating variety. This is asinine.

Here's your secret: no matter how cheaty they are, bots cannot play around Dracula and they cannot cope with a turn 7.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Network42 posted:

Missions refresh is 120. So one refresh would clear that up.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
What variants are you given next after you max out a card for the second/third time? Has anyone done that?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

^^^ Repeatedly. From the third split on you have a chance to get Inkify (the greyscale variant) and from the fifth you can get Gold.

doingitwrong posted:

Missions refresh is 120. So one refresh would clear that up.

I think he's talking about credits, not gold. And the answer to that is "you did a Fast Upgrade". The only solution is to do another Fast Upgrade and eat the loss.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Megazver posted:

What variants are you given next after you max out a card for the second/third time? Has anyone done that?

https://marvelsnapzone.com/infinity-splits-full-list-and-how-they-work/

On your second split, you'll get a particle effect. These stand out less than a background effect.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Had a bot (or maybe a very confused person) dump 20+ power into Bar With No Name. My Hood winning it with -2 power seemed to break something.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
What I don't like about the hot and featured locations is that sometimes they just make playing decks that you want to play impossible. I hope that when they add the casual mode, it will not have these locations.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Just pulled my first series 4 card from a cache. Unfortunately it was Attuma and not She Hulk or a similar cool card.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

team overhead smash posted:

Just pulled my first series 4 card from a cache. Unfortunately it was Attuma and not She Hulk or a similar cool card.

I got Helicarrier.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I got Agent Coulson!

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Deciding about Absorbing Man in my token shop. Saw a video where he was slotted into the Sera Aero disruption deck to get second hits of key on reveals. Tempted but I think I need to save Tokens in the hopes of Wave or Magneto.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I don’t have the best Destroy deck as I’m missing a few of the pieces that would really help, but this is a good budget version that takes advantage of Death being broken today

https://marvelsnap.pro/decks/redeath

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

A couple big brain plays for when you get Lamantis.

I've seen a couple people run Thor which seems really good because you're guaranteed to get the hammer turn 4 (since you have no deck otherwise). A great counter if you don't have priority on T3 is to play cable or yondu.

Also if you're seeing a lot of destroy decks, slot in Leech. I was all ready to take a board with a T5 skip and T6 three card drop including She-Hulk and Death in my hand. Leech makes Death unplayable and forced She-Hulk back up to 6 cost. Couldn't help but acknowledge it was a very good play.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Mierenneuker posted:

https://marvelsnapzone.com/infinity-splits-full-list-and-how-they-work/

On your second split, you'll get a particle effect. These stand out less than a background effect.

Ohhhh that's cool, i didn't realize you kept your "progress" towards rarer effects across different variants

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
So that explains the black & white variant I had seen some folks play but wasn’t sure how to get.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
Do I want to spend 3000 tokens on Absorbing Man, who is yet to be fully proven but shows a lot of potential, or do I want it hold out for more S3 cards that I KNOW work…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Reek posted:

thats a bot

Bots get titles now? And names other than "Dwayne" or "Randy" or other generic rear end first names?