Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Yeah, I get the feeling Bennett's there because the committee felt like they had to acknowledge Georgia for the last two years. The problem was that Georgia really doesn't have anyone this year who is really the face of the team. Bennett's the closest.

Had Jordan Davis came along this year, I think there would have been a shot he would have been invited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

Shoulda been Jalen :colbert:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Cthulu Carl posted:

Yeah, it was how I think it was last year ended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCBAZs36LBw

I worked at Dr. Pepper corporate for a bit and no one there had ever heard of either of those campaigns. It always mystified me.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Bennett is just a Ken Dorsey type of finalist.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

fast cars loose anus posted:

Komet posted:

Yeah, it was groverat. He was the other Texas fan, right?

Yes, he was a Texas fan but reminder that he got his 100k probation for defending Sandusky and also posted about how he taught 8th graders so we should probably just probate him again to be safe

My favorite groverat memory is right after he got hit with the 100k probe, he sent me a PM giving me poo poo for a post I made in I think PYF or something.

I replied with something to the effect of "lol w/e dude you defended a fuckin child molester" and he responded by doubling down on it.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 7, 2022

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

D.N. Nation posted:

Yes and Stetson* will have a better pro career than Hooker.

* as a Patriots slot receiver

Hutchinson was also really good in college though and not just a decent player coasting on the talent around him.

Farking Bastage posted:

Sorry, if you want to make the ceremony as a defender you’ve got to put up gaudy sack or turnover numbers.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Dec 7, 2022

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Farking Bastage posted:

He should have turned, tucked the ball carrier into the crook of his arm, and made the Heisman stiff arm pose the way Desmond Howard did back in the day. Would have locked it up for sure.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Is Suh the last defensive player to make the ceremony?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I reread groverat’s post and tried to be generous in that yeah sometimes analyzing the trauma that creates these monsters is useful, but then you also have to remember the perspective of the victims he made, and it turns out he did neither of those so yeah definite “hard drive check in aisle 3” moment

I also got to remember some bits of the news I had forgotten, like Sandusky’s own ice cream flavor at the PSU Creamery and what it was made of

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Judgy Fucker posted:

Do you mean before Aidan Hutchinson?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Komet posted:

I'm starting up the Abdul Carter Heisman hype train now. We need a linebacker Heisman winner and that dude was unbelievable as a true freshman, more polished than Micah Parsons.

I mean, I'm for it, but if Anderson couldn't an invite last year it's gonna be impossible to break in

edit - right, it feels like Hutch was an olive branch to the defensive fans who are wondering what the gently caress it's going to take to get a Heisman on defense

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jalen Carter would've had a better chance had some Mizzou doofus not tried to end his career.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Judgy Fucker posted:

Aidan Hutchinson made it last year; Manti Te’o made it in 2012 or somewhere thereabouts.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Chase Young was invited in 2019.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

Do you mean before Aidan Hutchinson?

I smoke too much weed

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The real question is if anyone will match Orlando Pace’s feat of being invited as an offensive lineman.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

GD_American posted:

I also got to remember some bits of the news I had forgotten, like Sandusky’s own ice cream flavor at the PSU Creamery and what it was made of

What was it made of? Garmonbozia?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Kenneth Walker also got derailed by injury and he didn't even miss time, just had a couple of games where he didn't put up huge numbers. I think Heisman voters just don't think about it until November.

To be a Heisman candidate from the Big Ten you need to do something vs Ohio State

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Komet posted:

I'm starting up the Abdul Carter Heisman hype train now. We need a linebacker Heisman winner and that dude was unbelievable as a true freshman, more polished than Micah Parsons.
Fuckin signed let's go

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well this is a Big Ten bummer

https://twitter.com/ClowESPN/status/1600526529326358528?t=Ab02qcUHFe9rYwkNoVwoeg&s=19

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me

LLCoolJD posted:

He's not mincing words, but he's only saying what most coaches say in coachspeak. At least the players get NIL money and a transfer these days.

It sounds like the transfer portal is actually a pretty good way for coaches to push players out and a good portion of players entering the portal do not find positive outcomes.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Purdue needs a Mustache Coach again.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I thought with all the TV money, it would be the B1G poaching coaches and not the other way around

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I thought with all the TV money, it would be the B1G poaching coaches and not the other way around

This specific move has been what people have been waiting on since Brohm's first season at Purdue basically.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Brohm is a Louisville grad, and Louisville has made a pass at him when they hired Satt only for Brohm to decline

Purdue should get Matt Campbell, who is 30% off from when his stock was high in 2019-20

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Big Ten is removing divisions. Purdue has zero shot to win it anytime soon.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

In most cases this would be true; however, Brohm (and his whole family) are UL/Louisville through and through. He gets to go home and get a brand new, lucrative contract while his Purdue stock is still high.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I feel bad for Purdue because Brohm turned them around and made them competitive.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Godzilla07 posted:

Brohm is a Louisville grad, and Louisville has made a pass at him when they hired Satt only for Brohm to decline

Yeah, this is literally the least surprising move

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I've also heard Brohm regretted turning them down the first time. He wasn't going to turn them down again.

Kentucky has really made inroads in recruiting the city of Louisville the past few years because neither Petrino or Satterfield even really tried, but that will be a lot harder now. The name alone still holds a lot of weight here.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Regnevelc posted:

Big Ten is removing divisions. Purdue has zero shot to win it anytime soon.

what's the new division-less system look like? also when does that come into effect?

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Will Levis makes it official he is skipping the Music City Bowl. With all his injuries and high draft stock, I don't blame him.

Really considering making the trip over to Indiana to bet that under 31.5.

In other depressing Kentucky news, saw this chart that compares pre-contact rush yards and yards after contact. Proof that Chris Rodriguez was really good despite the awful O line.
https://twitter.com/statsowar/status/1600549498039959553?t=XMHmGge9MZCoEb6eNEM8jQ&s=19

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Goddamn right

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Evan Hull should be further up.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
before I forget:

the university of Michigan is going to win the Stanley cup

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UGA running game being "eh, fine" confirmed

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I like to believe K State is down on yards after contact not because they block well and Deuce Vaughn is a tiny man, but simply because no one can touch him for a ways down the field and he gets tired now and then and needs a break.

Somewhat surprised Mizzou is so far to the right on that chart (they're left of Illinois which is easier to pick out in the preview). That OL was freaking bad this year.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 7, 2022

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

General Dog posted:

What was it made of? Garmonbozia?

Sandusky Blitz: Banana Flavored Ice Cream with Chocolate Covered Peanuts and Caramel Swirl

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Relentlessboredomm posted:

what's the new division-less system look like? also when does that come into effect?

When USC and UCLA get there in 2024. I would imagine pods are on the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh...

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1600576592472084481

Certainly not against it, just a little surprised.