Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Stultus Maximus posted:

Seriously? You doubt cutting behavior from the diarrhea elemental’s teenage daughter?

Right now I think it's not unreasonable to think that they might be trying to conceal abuse by claiming self harm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Here's hoping pundits remember no-one chooses their parents

Kid needs to take notes from Kellyanne and George Conway's daughter.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Didn’t have German monarchist coup attempt on my bingo card.

https://twitter.com/bbcworld/status/1600451657732706305?s=46&t=Dara8ITRQOXCfrCj77tVBQ

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Why not just move to the UK if you want to be ruled by a German monarch?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

With court fashion like this they've dodged a serious bullet

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Guess what the equivalent of these scary Reichbürger terrorists are in America? Sovereign citizens.

Their plan seems to be summarised as walk up to german capitolium, shoot the evil politicians and since they are now in the magical house, they rule Germany. 50 people in their terror club all in all. Boomer brain knows no boundaries

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

shame on an IGA posted:

With court fashion like this they've dodged a serious bullet

This jacket is amazing.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Guess what the equivalent of these scary Reichbürger terrorists are in America? Sovereign citizens.

Their plan seems to be summarised as walk up to german capitolium, shoot the evil politicians and since they are now in the magical house, they rule Germany. 50 people in their terror club all in all. Boomer brain knows no boundaries

Dutch and German news report that the Reichsbürger movement is 19.000-21.000 strong, that maybe a thousand of them have a gun license and/or own a gun, and that their membership includes retired and active military personnel, as well as a judge who was a parliamentarian for AfD until last year.

So no, not just 50 people.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Dance Officer posted:

Dutch and German news report that the Reichsbürger movement is 19.000-21.000 strong, that maybe a thousand of them have a gun license and/or own a gun, and that their membership includes retired and active military personnel, as well as a judge who was a parliamentarian for AfD until last year.

So no, not just 50 people.

In the group supporting Heinrich 13. Not all german sov cits. They couldn't unify behind one leader if they wanted to

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

facialimpediment posted:

Now Republican state senators are still going to be fucks with blue slips (judiciary won't hear/confirm until the home state's senator submits a "blue slip" because decorum) and those need to loving die.

Republicans didn't follow this under Trump are Dems still doing it

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

That tie looks like he's smuggling the blueprint to an Ukrainian bioweapon in plain sight.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Not gonna lie I kinda want that pocket square.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

lightpole posted:

Republicans didn't follow this under Trump are Dems still doing it

Yep. Decorum.

That said, due to the 50-50 logjam, Democrats were probably going about as fast as they could, so chucking blue slips probably wouldn't have sped up many confirmations. But it absolutely would in 2023-2024 so blue slips need to get hosed.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Hannibal Rex posted:

That tie looks like he's smuggling the blueprint to an Ukrainian bioweapon in plain sight.

That coat was bought in the 70s and never replaced, just reupholstered. He probably blends into his couch (insert couch_camo.jpeg)

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Woodchip posted:

That coat was bought in the 70s and never replaced, just reupholstered. He probably blends into his couch (insert couch_camo.jpeg)

I mean, who doesn't want to look like they just escaped chaperoning a Bee Gees night at the middle school?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The pattern might be old fashion but the cut certainly isn’t.
Would rock that in a heartbeat.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

Yep. Decorum.

That said, due to the 50-50 logjam, Democrats were probably going about as fast as they could, so chucking blue slips probably wouldn't have sped up many confirmations. But it absolutely would in 2023-2024 so blue slips need to get hosed.

It’s more complicated. Democrats aren’t bringing back the ones Trump/McTurtle ditched but they are keeping the district court slip.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Watch a Tzarist resoration be what follows Putin.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Crab Dad posted:

The pattern might be old fashion but the cut certainly isn’t.
Would rock that in a heartbeat.

I'm with you. I love loud/"ugly" colors/patterns (much to my wife's despair) and would totally rock that jacket. I've actually been looking for one similar for a while now, but I am cheap (and shaped funny).

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

davecrazy posted:

Watch a Tzarist resoration be what follows Putin.

I mean, hasn't he openly said he wants to restore the Tzarship?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The New York Times posted:

Former President Donald J. Trump hired people to search four properties after being directed by a federal judge to look harder for any classified material still in his possession, and they found at least two documents with classified markings inside a sealed box in one of the locations, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Mr. Trump’s search team discovered the documents at a federally run storage site in West Palm Beach, Fla., the person said, prompting his lawyers to notify the Justice Department about them.

The New York Times reported in October that Justice Department officials had told the former president’s lawyers that they believed he might have more classified materials that were not returned in response to a subpoena issued in May. The F.B.I. searched Mar-a-Lago, Mr. Trump’s private club and residence in Florida, in August for additional classified documents and other presidential records.

People close to Mr. Trump had said earlier on Wednesday that no classified material had been found during the searches, a claim that was later proved incorrect. The Washington Post first reported on the locating of the two additional documents, as well as the searches of the properties.

After the warning from the Justice Department, a debate ensued among Mr. Trump’s lawyers about whether to bring in an independent firm to conduct a search.

The discovery of the documents at the storage unit, maintained by the federal General Services Administration, came during a series of wider searches that were completed around Thanksgiving and conducted at Mr. Trump’s golf club in Bedminster, N.J.; at Trump Tower in New York; and in a storage closet at Mar-a-Lago, according to two people familiar with the events.

Steven Cheung, a spokesman for Mr. Trump, said in a statement that the former president and “his counsel continue to be cooperative and transparent, despite the unprecedented, illegal and unwarranted attack against President Trump and his family by the weaponized Department of Justice.”

The department is investigating the former president’s handling of thousands of government documents, including more than 300 classified ones, that were taken from the White House at the end of his term and were found at Mar-a-Lago. Prosecutors are also seeking to determine whether Mr. Trump obstructed the government’s repeated efforts to retrieve the materials.

When the Justice Department warned that it believed Mr. Trump still had documents in his possession, a lawyer whom he had hired a short time earlier, Christopher M. Kise, suggested along with other lawyers working for Mr. Trump that they engage an outside firm, according to people familiar with the events.

A cadre of other Trump lawyers were resistant to the idea; among them was Boris Epshteyn, a communications adviser who has positioned himself as an in-house counsel on some of Mr. Trump’s legal entanglements. The dispute led to Mr. Kise’s standing in Mr. Trump’s circle diminishing for weeks, according to several people close to the former president.

More recently, Chief Judge Beryl A. Howell of Federal District Court in Washington, who oversees grand jury investigations, directed Mr. Trump’s lawyers essentially to search more carefully for any remaining documents. Other lawyers in Mr. Trump’s circle took on the issue and hired a firm, according to one of the people familiar with the matter.

But while the Justice Department had continued to have questions about documents that might remain at Mar-a-Lago — and while some people close to Mr. Trump believed another search warrant might be executed — a person familiar with the discussions among federal officials said there was no recent probable cause by which to obtain a warrant for Bedminster or Trump Tower.

The National Archives repeatedly asked last year about the status of some materials that it should have received, such as correspondence with Kim Jong-un, North Korea’s leader, as well as about two dozen boxes that were deemed presidential records at the end of Mr. Trump’s term.

Archives officials contacted several people to try to facilitate the return of the documents, including former White House Counsel’s Office lawyers working as Mr. Trump’s representatives with the agency. The former president maintained to several advisers that the boxes were filled with news clippings and personal effects; archives officials explained that news clippings can be considered presidential records.

Alex Cannon, a lawyer who had worked with Mr. Trump in various capacities, became involved last fall and tried to help archives officials retrieve the material.

Mr. Cannon warned others in Mr. Trump’s circle not to go through the boxes themselves because it was unclear what was in them, and people might require security clearances. At one point, as Mr. Trump sought National Archives documents related to the investigation into whether his 2016 campaign conspired with Russian officials, he proposed that his lawyers suggest a trade with the agency: what he sought in exchange for the documents he had.

The lawyers declined to engage that suggestion, and Mr. Cannon continued to try to push for the documents’ return to the archives.

Eric Herschmann, a lawyer who had worked as a top adviser in the Trump White House, had an informal conversation with Mr. Trump. People familiar with the discussion characterized it as Mr. Herschmann speaking as a friend and urging the former president to return the boxes, suggesting that he could be subject to legal trouble by keeping them, especially if they contained classified material.

That possibility became reality in January, after archives officials retrieved boxes that Mr. Trump had gone through over several days last December. The officials opened the boxes and discovered a number of classified documents. The Justice Department became involved.

When Mr. Cannon raised the prospect with Mr. Trump that officials were uncertain that they had everything returned, the former president told him to tell the officials that he had given everything back, according to people briefed on the matter. Mr. Cannon refused to do so, and soon stopped being involved.

It’s a Maggie Habberman story.. natch..

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

In the group supporting Heinrich 13. Not all german sov cits. They couldn't unify behind one leader if they wanted to

Yeah, it's this. German sovcits are such a diverse potpourri of shithead ideologies, that I'm not at all concerned with the number as a whole.

The vast majority of their leaders are just fleecing the masses, or fleecing the masses while also believing in their dumb cause.

They aren't even remotely in the same league of organization as stuff like right wing militias in the states.

I'm more concerned with Neonazi groups whose "dumb but simple" ideology lets them mesh with other splinter groups more easily, like that group in the KSK that was unearthed and rounded up a while back.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

That suit looks like carpet from a hotel ballroom.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Trump: rolled back Obama's policies on Cuba.

Also Trump:
https://twitter.com/BryanDawsonUSA/status/1600341734117888000

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Whoa. Imagine if a Republican, let's say Reagan, had cut deals with a nation we had embargoes on and that he criticized. It would sink him!

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1600593604434661390?t=9xfxaUVQtZY41UiuXcqkFQ&s=19

The president of Peru, Pedro Castillo, has been arrested by his own security detail, after trying to dissolve the congress and declare martial law. The vice-president, Dinah Boluarte, has been sworn in to replace him

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://twitter.com/peltzmadeline/status/1600559089511038976

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I hope that Trump and his merry band of morons depressing GOP turnout by calling every election a fraud continues to pay dividends like this. Just endless :lol:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Oh my God. Who could have possibly foreseen the Republican messaging for the past two years biting Republicans in the rear end. Curse these impossible to predict events.

Wait, no, the exact opposite of all that.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1600593604434661390?t=9xfxaUVQtZY41UiuXcqkFQ&s=19

The president of Peru, Pedro Castillo, has been arrested by his own security detail, after trying to dissolve the congress and declare martial law. The vice-president, Dinah Boluarte, has been sworn in to replace him

Oh wow, I am so. loving. Jealous. Of Peru.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

Oh wow, I am so. loving. Jealous. Of Peru.

Dude was pretty stupid (though the situation leading to this is a big mess as well judging from what I read in the LatAmerican D&D thread), but the other side (Fujimoriists) is basically the US far right where the past dictator had to flee back to Japan in the midst of accusations of crimes against humanity and his daughter lost to this guy so seems like the entire situation is poo poo ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Okay so I'm jealous of Peru for one very specific thing.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

Okay so I'm jealous of Peru for one very specific thing.

Me too, but it's ceviche.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

psydude posted:

Me too, but it's ceviche.

Wasn't expecting that but quite true.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Two. Two things.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Pisco sours are pretty alright too

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Inca Cola anyone???!! Smdh

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

silvergoose posted:

Pisco sours are pretty alright too

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

A.o.D. posted:

Two. Two things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7HmhrgTuQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

BadOptics posted:

Inca Cola anyone???!! Smdh