Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

paul_soccer12 posted:

Reading a bit about simo hayha, "the white death" and his 500 confirmed kills in the winter war

Even most skepticism about his incredible (literally) wartime feats only go so far as to note that the subhuman soviets were so poorly trained, led, and equipped that he was just shooting fish in a barrel as they charged zerglike human wave after human wave

Sounds like the movie from Inglourious Basterds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Look at me I'm simo hayha
:synpa:

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I just sniped 25 pages, confirmed

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/Robkearney1981/status/1600480762817830912

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Seriously, this guy, like come on.

Zvezdanews posted:

⚡It is necessary to record and conduct investigations, especially in connection with strikes on residential areas in Donbass, and it is worth thinking about the creation of a special agency - Putin

⭐️ Подписаться на Zvezdanews
(from t.me/zvezdanews/102512, via tgsa)

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
lol the ukranian postal service's website is down but dont worry, they want you to know that they'll still be selling the stupid meme stamps when they come back online!

https://ukrposhta.ua/en/

quote:

Dear All,
Due to series of cyber attacks we had to temporarily close our online shop. We would like to apologize for all the inconvenience it had caused you. We are taking now a break to analyze all the issues and will come back with a renewed, much stronger version. We will announce it ahead of time so you do not need to keep monitoring the site. 5000 orders (or 30000 stamps) with “Russian ship go f…” will remain available for order once we resume sales and will let you know where and when they can be bought.
Thank you for your understanding and hope to see you soon!

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Someone needs to give this dork a hyperswirlie

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's Prince Oscar of Prussia's time to shine.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Malleum posted:

lol the ukranian postal service's website is down but dont worry, they want you to know that they'll still be selling the stupid meme stamps when they come back online!

https://ukrposhta.ua/en/

Russian warship go gently caress yourself might be even lamer than the ghost of kiev

They surrendered!!!! Losers!!!!!!!!!!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Slavvy posted:

The v22 is provably insanely dangerous, this new one only hypothetically so!
yeah it makes you wonder if they've fixed the problem.

V-22s have this downward-facing heat exhaust from the rotors which doesn't interact well with certain types of soil mixtures that get kicked up in a cloud, basically turning into microparticles of glass that then get sucked into the engines and then it crashes and kills everybody onboard.

the V-280 will be a faster and longer-range black hawk

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Apparently in Russia, winter (along with the other seasons) is considered to begin at the start of the month rather than the solstice which seems smart to me honestly

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Ali is right
https://twitter.com/AliAbunimah/status/1600530251091771392

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Frosted Flake posted:

Sometimes we include sources tho

Sometimes it is punishable to do this in this sub forum.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Futanari Damacy posted:

Apparently in Russia, winter (along with the other seasons) is considered to begin at the start of the month rather than the solstice which seems smart to me honestly

where i live, officially it's solstice/equinox for season change, but everyone including just december winter, march spring, etc because that's just how the weather pans out

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Futanari Damacy posted:

Ukraine is a good country and Russia is a bad country. There is no greater nuance to be gleaned here.

You trying to make mod?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I was angry when I grew up and realized seasons weren't just based on months the way we were told in school.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

seasons are all about vibes, its 73 degrees where i live so imo its the spring already

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Ban +30 for denying the Jan 6 genocide.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

V-22s have this downward-facing heat exhaust from the rotors which doesn't interact well with certain types of soil mixtures that get kicked up in a cloud, basically turning into microparticles of glass that then get sucked into the engines and then it crashes and kills everybody onboard.

The v22 tilts the whole engine, the v280 only tilts the rotors

The maintenance costs on these will be a lot i bet. But i dont think the tradeoffs are so obvious. For example they can fly far and fast so maybe yoh dont need so much use of c130s to move them anywhere.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

seasons are all about vibes, its 73 degrees where i live so imo its the spring already

this but unironically. seasonal progression can be wildly different even in the same place year to year just based on local weather, the only consistent is where the sun is

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

OctaMurk posted:

The maintenance costs on these will be a lot i bet. But i dont think the tradeoffs are so obvious. For example they can fly far and fast so maybe yoh dont need so much use of c130s to move them anywhere.

Just you wait. Helicopter performance in both Vietnam and Afghanistan plummeted compared to expectations due to climate, that’s without everything added after combat experience as someone already said. CH-47s and C-130s work and it could be that they’re inelegant or inefficient, but they’ve been kept around far longer than intended for that reason.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I'd argue a tilt rotor is inherently more dangerous than both a chopper and a plane because it can't auto rotate and it also can't glide

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

OctaMurk posted:

that's right, i forgot about that. it's a pretty complicated internal mechanism that keeps the exhast pointed back horizontally during the vertical lift mode

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

mawarannahr posted:

they further banned being gay in Russia
too many sissies are to blame for the setbacks on the front. "we can ill-afford another kherdaathu!"

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Slavvy posted:

I'd argue a tilt rotor is inherently more dangerous than both a chopper and a plane because it can't auto rotate and it also can't glide

You simply have to operate constantly at the highest possible level of performance or you fail catastrophically and kill everyone involved.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Bar Crow posted:

You simply have to operate constantly at the highest possible level of performance or you fail catastrophically and kill everyone involved.

PMC striver mindset

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
I wanted the sikorsky one to win flraa it looked a lot cooler

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

OctaMurk posted:

I wanted the sikorsky one to win flraa it looked a lot cooler

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

drat straight, tell me that thing doesn't look dope af

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

They had to scrub all of the Spirit of Ukraine shoulder patches from the cover art

Can't remember her name, but the kid stealing nazi is right by his chin.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

it looks like a fish

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Can't remember her name, but the kid stealing nazi is right by his chin.

looked like Elizabeth Warren from the timg

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Orange Devil posted:

What is half-Jewish anyway? I though Jewishness was a matrilineal thing, so either your mom is Jewish means you is Jewish or she ain't so you ain't unless you go through a very long and tedious process involving a whole bunch of rabbi's?

who counts as a jew is different depending if you are talking to a jew or a nazi

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Rutibex posted:

who counts as a jew is different depending if you are talking to a jew or a nazi

Which ones are the ones who talk about half-Jews again?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Orange Devil posted:

Which ones are the ones who talk about half-Jews again?

Both, really. If your dad's Jewish and your mom's not, Judaism may still be part of your cultural heritage. Your dad might even practice it religiously. So it makes sense to say that you're half-Jewish. On the other hand, of course, Nazis see any significant quantity of Jewish blood as a bad thing.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

https://twitter.com/XBlackBlocX/status/1600481776505393153

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

indigi posted:

quote:

Other suspects came from the QAnon movement who believe their country is in the hands of a "deep state".
loving Germans. a degraded, bastard people.

Have you not been paying attention to the dramatic reversals of policy by the German state recently? For instance Scholz saying he didn't want to exclude Russia from SWIFT.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Weka posted:

Have you not been paying attention to the dramatic reversals of policy by the German state recently? For instance Scholz saying he didn't want to exclude Russia from SWIFT.

I have not. Please tell me more.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Majorian posted:

Both, really. If your dad's Jewish and your mom's not, Judaism may still be part of your cultural heritage. Your dad might even practice it religiously. So it makes sense to say that you're half-Jewish.

this happened to me #littlediasporathings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

zelenskyy is half Jewish because bandera is his father