Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Barry Foster posted:

Bupropion, that's a very rare one in the UK - I didn't even realise you can get it on the NHS (maybe you got it privately though?)

I hope someone comes through for you. For what it's worth - and I know it's scant comfort - I'm pretty sure NDRIs don't have nearly as bad withdrawal symptoms as SSRIs or SNRIs. If worst comes to worst, you're going to lose the antidepressant effect (obviously) but you shouldn't be too uncomfortable

Uh, bad news on the withdrawal effects.

So itchy. So very very itchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/KateMaltby/status/1600504107558703105

lol

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

He could always run as a Labour candidate, they'd be delighted if he joined them.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
https://twitter.com/theipaper/status/1600473925519134721

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

What an incredibly stupid move.

quote:

“we must work together to ensure that everyone is connected, and can get their TV and radio via the internet. This isn’t something to resist. A fully connected UK has very significant benefits for society and our economy. It would unleash huge opportunities for innovation”.

Love to design a service based on the assumption that we will have 100% internet coverage, after the last time anything even remotely like that was offered it was compared to nationalising sausages.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 7, 2022

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Gonzo McFee posted:

Eh. They say they still expect terrestrial TV to continue 'into the 2030s'. So realistically, there'll be an entirely new board, government and entire bloody social situation by then. This is basically meaningless other than a signifier of the overall direction of travel for broadcast media.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Not if you're trying to sabotage it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

hmm, ok

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The Perfect Element posted:

Eh. They say they still expect terrestrial TV to continue 'into the 2030s'. So realistically, there'll be an entirely new board, government and entire bloody social situation by then. This is basically meaningless other than a signifier of the overall direction of travel for broadcast media.

Have you tried to connect an internet TV to a hospital Wifi?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If someone is in hospital I think they are in a bad enough way already and do not deserve to be subjected to television.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah if I'm in hospital and have internet I might want to chat to my friends or family or watch some amusing videos or listen to light music but if I ever start voluntarily watching Bargain Hunt or Homes Under The Hammer please call the TBI team immediately.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Pretty funny bit in this https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/dec/07/uk-first-new-coalmine-for-30-years-gets-go-ahead-in-cumbria

quote:

The vast majority of the coal produced will be for export, as most UK steel producers have rejected the use of the coal, which is high in sulphur and surplus to their needs.

Where these exports will go uncertain, as most European steelmakers are turning away from the use of coal and adopting green methods such as electric arc furnaces and renewable energy.

So a new mine producing coal which the UK doesn't want and Europe might well not. Sounds like a solid plan, lads.

Given the majority owner is apparently a Cayman Islands private equity fund, I'm wondering precisely which MPs are getting rich from this.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

All going well at the UK’s premier government mouthpiece I see…

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Perfect Element posted:

BT just turned off my folks landline in exchange for what I guess is VoIP.

At this point I'd wager most people with a landline in 2022 are older and less likely to have a mobile, like my mum. So a few weeks back when the power went out she had no way to contact the power company to find out when it was expected back on. Or for that matter if she had a fall or something while my dad was out she had no way to contact anyone like 999. Because now it has to plug in to the router, and obviously without power that's not on.

Seems a loving stupid change to me

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

smellmycheese posted:

drat, I might have to finally close my bedroom window at night now

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

smellmycheese posted:

I hate-love this thing the fash-tops do where they start a headline with an unnecessary "now". It has real gossiping over the fence energy about it, "Norman you'll never guess what they've said NOW"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
-10C? Sounds like communist numbers to me. Where's the consistency from when it was a 108 Degree Scorcher Hotter Than Brazil?

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Weather is woke

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

smellmycheese posted:

I don't know, first it's too hot (in August) and now it's too cold. The weather wants to make its mind up.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Lady Gaza posted:

Weather is woke
The way the use of that word is going it probably will be soon.

I'm not going outside Norman, have you seen the weather? It's woke out there!

Daily Mail Weather: reflect upon your woke sky.

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

Camrath posted:

Well poo poo. Just got told that a medicine I need to take twice daily is ‘out of stock nationwide’ due to ‘supply issues’. I have about three days supply left.

This going to loving suck

Oh... fudge.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

New Xmas No1 just dropped

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6KmpJfrNBCE&t=54s&pp=2AE2kAIB

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Camrath posted:

Well poo poo. Just got told that a medicine I need to take twice daily is ‘out of stock nationwide’ due to ‘supply issues’. I have about three days supply left.

This going to loving suck

There are a lot of supply issues right now. Today we're out of liquid penicillin. You know, like kids might need, for strep A infections.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

HopperUK posted:

There are a lot of supply issues right now. Today we're out of liquid penicillin. You know, like kids might need, for strep A infections.

Thank Christ I managed to find a few more day’s supply by rooting through drawers, spongebags etc. But unless I can sort something out (or go down to half doses) I still run out in less than a fortnight. Just in time for a stressful af Christmas. Woo!

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Hey all, I remember there being a deluge of articles last Christmas about how Scrooge from a Christmas Carol is not that bad when you think about it. Like, dozens of them from the British press. Does anyone remember any/have any links? I am working on something and want to compile them. A phrase that sticks out in my head is somehing like "the frankly mediocre bob cratchit"

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 7, 2022

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Camrath posted:

Thank Christ I managed to find a few more day’s supply by rooting through drawers, spongebags etc. But unless I can sort something out (or go down to half doses) I still run out in less than a fortnight. Just in time for a stressful af Christmas. Woo!

On the bright side there should be a good situation with sex arses!

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

Love to design a service based on the assumption that we will have 100% internet coverage, after the last time anything even remotely like that was offered it was compared to nationalising sausages.

I work in the TV adjacent industry and this is not news. Most linear TV watching (you tune to a channel and watch a series of programmes that come on at set times) is already Boomers. Younger people mostly watch Netflix, iPlayer - or like Tictoc. Which already require the internet. We are close to it being a requirement for everyone already, over the like 20 year timeframe being talked about here and once the Boomers are dead it's fairly safe to assume everyone will already actually have to have it just like say electricity.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah if I'm in hospital and have internet I might want to chat to my friends or family or watch some amusing videos or listen to light music but if I ever start voluntarily watching Bargain Hunt or Homes Under The Hammer please call the TBI team immediately.

This is sort of my point, see....

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

HopperUK posted:

It's pretty depressing when you have to clarify - "Did the pharmacist say they were out or is there just no more of this drug anywhere."

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

The way the use of that word is going it probably will be soon.

I'm not going outside Norman, have you seen the weather? It's woke out there!

Daily Mail Weather: reflect upon your woke sky.

Pretty sure they already did this during the recent heatwave and/or strong winds

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Z the IVth posted:

It's pretty depressing when you have to clarify - "Did the pharmacist say they were out or is there just no more of this drug anywhere."

Honestly, when you have government ministers loudly declaiming "THERE IS NO NATIONAL SHORTAGE OF ANTIBIOTICS" I think it's clear how screwed we all are.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

feedmegin posted:

I work in the TV adjacent industry and this is not news. Most linear TV watching (you tune to a channel and watch a series of programmes that come on at set times) is already Boomers. Younger people mostly watch Netflix, iPlayer - or like Tictoc. Which already require the internet. We are close to it being a requirement for everyone already, over the like 20 year timeframe being talked about here and once the Boomers are dead it's fairly safe to assume everyone will already actually have to have it just like say electricity.

Very optimistic to believe there will be a world left when the boomers are dead.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Lady Gaza posted:

Weather is woke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efiW2K8gASM

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

I don't know, first it's too hot (in August) and now it's too cold. The weather wants to make its mind up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQlHaGhYoF0

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

kingturnip posted:

Honestly, when you have government ministers loudly declaiming "THERE IS NO NATIONAL SHORTAGE OF ANTIBIOTICS" I think it's clear how screwed we all are.
how come there's a shortage?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Nullen80/status/1599483545214668800

:toot:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Well it's good that they're still following covid group sizes.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

No shortage of gammon at least

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1600594785911377921

His Da will be mortified

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
On the assumption that kite flying moving BBC to all online is going to cause mega complaining once the hoipolloi get to hear about it, and working on the assumption that 'they' know that, what is the real 'phew they've done something less bad' move they really want to make?

In my block of flats only about 2 of 19 flats (including me) have internet. The TV is the main companion for several of the late 80/90 year olds in the block. So if it's not happening until 2030s that still means a lot of now - 70/80 somethings will be affected. And people in these age groups tend to watch a LOT of BBC.

If it's just BBC, presumably all the channels I usually watch will still be on the satellite (hoping freesat sticks around for years to come!)