Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, it's kinda refreshing to have a seasonal activity that's actually hard (or at least it will be until people unlock the vendor bonuses that make it easier). Although it does suck to get brought to a standstill because there's so many enemies around that only one of you can stay alive at a time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

With rando matchmaking for activities that require champ mods i really wish they would show you fireteams weapons and mods in the orbit screen before loading in. Like some icons under their emblem maybe? Doesn't trials show you everyones equipped weapons?

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

The only thing I worry about is that they do the last 2 seasons thing of "do 8000 of this event on week 7" again with it not being retroactive.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Majere posted:

With rando matchmaking for activities that require champ mods i really wish they would show you fireteams weapons and mods in the orbit screen before loading in. Like some icons under their emblem maybe? Doesn't trials show you everyones equipped weapons?

Champion mods are on gloves so I just quickly check each person to see what I'm getting into. Not sure why Bungie can't just block people from entering an activity if they don't have the appropriate anti-champ mods. We've had them for 3 years. If pubbies don't get it by now, they never will.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Everyone will just slot in the 1 cost anti-barrier mod and not actually use the required weapon.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You'd have to lock loadouts before the user can change them for a hard requirement to have any teeth, and right now your loadout locks several seconds after you're committed to entering the activity, so there are probably large technical obstacles in the way of this

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I don't know if I want enforced champion mods (or loadouts) because sometimes you're still better off nuking a champion with a good loadout rather then gimping yourself with a double primary loadout.

Like, Anti-Unstop HC feels like a liability for the activity - maybe I just need a much better HC but it was not feeling good to use in general. Worse yet, it takes forever for the stopper shot to ready.

Doesn't help the only new HC seems to be the reprised Ikelos, though I'm willing to bet there's gonna be an HC in the dungeon.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mage_Boy posted:

The only thing I worry about is that they do the last 2 seasons thing of "do 8000 of this event on week 7" again with it not being retroactive.

You can already see what all 10 weeks of Challenges are, and you already know the answer :smith:

For example on Week 7 there will be a "Do 35 Battlegrounds" (retroactive credit given)

Then in Week 8 there's "Do 3 Battlegrounds without dying" (not retroactive)

Then in Week 9 there's "200 machine gun kills and 75 challenging enemy kills in Battlegrounds" (not retroactive) AND "Do all 3 Battlegrounds on Legend" (not retroactive)

Then in the final week there's a classified requirement to do something 18 times, which may or may not be retroactive.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

gimping yourself with a double primary loadout.

Why would you do double primary out of curiosity? Even if you wanted to cover all 3 champion types? Wouldn't you rather have a special ammo gun?

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The "cheap" anti champ mods are all primary. This season for example, unstoppable GL cost 7 lol? vs 1 for handcannon.

Also FYI you have to ADS for like 3-4 seconds without shooting now to get the unstoppable round.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Why would you do double primary out of curiosity? Even if you wanted to cover all 3 champion types? Wouldn't you rather have a special ammo gun?

Well right now the Heist Battleground is Barrier and Unstoppable.
Your options for unstoppable are: Hand Cannon, Grenade Launcher (7 Energy) or like Stasis or Arc Melee, or like one of 4 exotic weapons (Bastion, Malfease, Devils Ruin, Leviathan)

My builds don't typically have 7 energy free on the gloves, so it basically means I now need dedicated gloves for doing this activity. Arc/Stasis melee is less reliable and requires I play one of those subs, basically, either way I pretty much need a DIM loadout to play with either of these options.

I've been running Leviathan for the Unstop, then anti barrier bow or pulse, but it ultimately feels pretty loadout restricting.

This is me personally. If pubbies are enforced to run the appropriate champ mods for an activity, what are the odds you think they'll go through the trouble of not doing double primary?

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
I’m casual trash so I don’t really use HCs unless required. Using wish ended for the weekly accuracy quest thing and it’s wild that work a day mobs in heist require 3-4 headshots with whatever artifact mod applies. I can’t imagine trying to do that with HCs.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I absolutely hate hand cannons so I was VERY skeptical of hand cannon unstop. I picked up my Malfeasance which I have used for like one strike prior because I just wanted to dedicate one mod slot for champ mods.

Turns out Malfeasance with the full auto changes feels *really* loving good. I don't mind this at all.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I haven’t equipped champ mods for any seasonal activity ever, and I often skip champ mods in Legend Dares too.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

GMs have the power requirement so you have to grind for the first 6 weeks of the season. It's important to keep players on the treadmill!

Me when I see the treadmill

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Double Primary will allow you to cover two champs with two mods and two points of energy, but there's actually a pretty significant number of ways to stun a champ that are all worth considering, especially if you're feeling restricted in your build, and I would strongly recommend avoiding double primary pretty much at all times unless you want to be doing that. "The artifact mods are how you stun the champs" is sort of a Shadowkeep-era mindset although you do have everything you need in there for 2x/3x coverage if you want (without double primary, natch)

(Seasonal Solutions in Bold)

Barrier
Pulse Rifle Mod
Bow Mod

Arbalest
Eriana's Vow
Lament
Wish-Ender
Second Chance Titan Arms

Overload
Auto & SMG Mod
Scout Rifle Mod
Void & Stasis Grenades

Divinity
Le Monarque
Thunderlord
Secant Filaments Warlock Boots

Unstoppable
Grenade Launcher Mod (applies to special, heavy, waveframe, etc.)
Hand Cannon Mod
Stasis & Arc Melees

Bastion
Devil's Ruin
Leviathan's Breath
Malfeasance
Athrys's Embrace Hunter Arms

Try 'em all!! Leave the Primary/Primary/Heavy behind and never look back :hellyeah:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i would prefer not to be locked out of the seasonal activity just because my plan for barrier champs is one-two punch + combination blow x3

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I will say that the being able to have everything be full auto without having to use a mod feels fantastic. Semi-auto sidearms like the Redback are absolutely tearing through enemies.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
... yeah the quiet part that we can say out loud is that Patrol-difficulty Champions don't actually need champion mods? They certainly help, but if you're using a special or a heavy you already have the tools at your disposal.

There's no content in the game with
- Matchmaking
- Locked loadouts
- Champions
- Difficulty of Legend or higher

so there isn't actually a need to force an anti-champ mod onto players in casual content. Maybe run something with anti-unstoppable just so they die in 2 seconds instead of 10?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Barrier is the only annoying one to run at that difficulty because you can't just out-dps it straight up. You have to wait for them to drop barrier and then blap them. Unstop and Overload you can just out-dps their gimmick because who cares about reduced damage taken or health regen.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
PSA, ADA has Font of Might, which is a little important sometimes.

Also I don't know if it's been discussed here in the thread but Unstoppable Hand Cannon now requires 3 seconds of ADS to activate, which is longer than I believe Unstop has been in the past to activate. Don't get caught with ur pants down, Guardian.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

uwaeve posted:

PSA, ADA has Font of Might, which is a little important sometimes.

Also I don't know if it's been discussed here in the thread but Unstoppable Hand Cannon now requires 3 seconds of ADS to activate, which is longer than I believe Unstop has been in the past to activate. Don't get caught with ur pants down, Guardian.

Yeah, the changes are profoundly annoying (and dangerous in the case of Unstoppable Ogres). And the only other unstop mod, for GLs, is 6 points.

This will probably be the season that makes me take off Arbalest... in favor of permanently having Bastion or Malfeasance on hand for their intrinsic anti-unstop, and use a legendary bow or pulse for anti-barrier.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Paracelsus posted:

Are Sentinel Titans spamming Rally Barricades about to get nutty when players are already getting 40% DR from 10 resilience?

It's loving stupid. We did day 1 master wellspring. So we're all 1580ish and the encounter is 1610 and I felt like a tank.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I don't understand the point of the change to unstoppable hand cannon when none of the other mods have this restriction, it just feels terrible now for no reason

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Also if you don't like ads changes to unstoppable Bastion is your friend

ullerrm posted:

Yeah, the changes are profoundly annoying (and dangerous in the case of Unstoppable Ogres). And the only other unstop mod, for GLs, is 6 points.

This will probably be the season that makes me take off Arbalest... in favor of permanently having Bastion or Malfeasance on hand for their intrinsic anti-unstop, and use a legendary bow or pulse for anti-barrier.

Dis man is correct

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It is time for the glorious return of leviathan's breath

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

ullerrm posted:

And the only other unstop mod, for GLs, is 6 points.

7!

Season of the Low-Entropy Superconductor.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm guessing Thunder Clap will only stun the Unstoppable, but barely does any damage, yeah? Or did they rework it the way they did Leviathan's Breath where the stun also applies big damage?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I would guess that fully charging thunderclap for max damage while an unstoppable is spooging all over your face is not worth the trouble

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

uwaeve posted:

Firebert posted:

I don't understand the point of the change to unstoppable hand cannon when none of the other mods have this restriction, it just feels terrible now for no reason

Y'all, unstoppable mods have always required you to ADS for a few seconds. Glaive was the outlier (probably to get people using them) and unstoppable shotty not requiring it last season was a one off/possibly a bug.

anyway, time to dust off Unstoppable Crimson, which I never unequipped in season 13

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
this might be feels above reals but unstoppable hc was definitely a thing in one of the recent seasons, i used it then, and now it seems a lot slower

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I agree, I remember the delay being around 1.5-2 seconds at worst. 3 seconds is an eternity

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s just the game telling you to stop using hand cannons.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Firebert posted:

Probably to stop unstoppable Thorn getting too powerful. The season with overload Hand Cannons was fairly cool because Thorn pretty much stunlocked them completely.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Y'all, unstoppable mods have always required you to ADS for a few seconds. Glaive was the outlier (probably to get people using them) and unstoppable shotty not requiring it last season was a one off/possibly a bug.

anyway, time to dust off Unstoppable Crimson, which I never unequipped in season 13

Last season's unstoppable pulse was definitely on the order of 1 second ADS. I can't be positive whether HC used to be 3 or 1 (round numbers, I'm not sure if it's 1.00 and 3.00) as I played during that season but probably was just getting into harder content. I realize glaive and shotgun were like instant. This isn't even a real issue to argue about, it's clearly relatively longer this season and I'm just mentioning it because like, it sucks for the first dozen times you do it and then you know the new timing. Some people like to know what's going on instead of like "why is unstoppable HC inconsistent now?"

Seems like a pretty clear adjustment to unstoppable champions.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Unstoppables are the only champions who didn't really have an 'ability' compared to Barrier & Overload so it makes sense that they'd require the stun to be more involved than the other two

It's goofy though that there are some Unstoppables that apply the effect instantly while others require you to charge something up or hold an ADS

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Do people actually equip unstoppable mods? Those champs are easy to stop without the mod. You just shoot them till the stop to death.

Anti-Barrier is a requirement even without champs. Overload champs suck but most of the time I don't bring a mod and kill them anyway.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

The way unstoppable mods have worked in past seasons is that it kicks in after 1-2 seconds of ADSing. That was fine. What's new for Unstoppable this season is that you have to ADS _and hold your fire_ for 3 seconds. e.g. in order to stun a champ you have to completely stop all DPS for a short period, which feels very awkward.

With previous mods you could just start ADSing and spend a few secs shooting some nearby redbars, or the champ itself (for reduced damage), and as long as you're firing when the Unstoppable Shot activates, you were good. Waiting until you see the whites of their eyes, otoh, not so fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/joegoroth/status/1600569893405229056?s=61&t=vyZpn6vtrCqdB1Wtqs9IMw

What if seasons were good, we dare to ask.

https://twitter.com/joegoroth/status/1600569894306971650?s=61&t=vyZpn6vtrCqdB1Wtqs9IMw

Sike, not until season 21 at the loving earliest lmao