Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

mcmagic posted:

This dude sucked lol

He did good with the stolen signs and then fell off a loving cliff

The tweet is funny because Bellinger sucks OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bawfuls posted:

Josh Reddick is a big mad loser, complaining about Bellinger here I think?

https://twitter.com/RealJoshReddick/status/1600468970662166531

lmao extremely bitchmade

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I need more deals and yes Reddick needs to shut up and chill. Sorry bro you are not close to Bellinger. That said, Bellinger has a TON of weight on his shoulders this year to perform.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sab0921 posted:

The tweet is funny because Bellinger sucks OP
of all the 2017 Astros to stan, Reddick is the worst possible choice

it's ok, you can laugh at what a sour dipshit he is now, you don't have to ride to his defense

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1600626509819318272?s=46&t=V9VTpRovP7oU_3uPf4OPMQ

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I don't understand the Padres being so in on Turner but not going hard after Bogaerts.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Contract Jon Heyman

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

lmao why is he so bad at this

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Giants lost 9 players from Double A Richmond in the rule 5 draft. Only a couple names I recognize, but, drat.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

bawfuls posted:

of all the 2017 Astros to stan, Reddick is the worst possible choice

it's ok, you can laugh at what a sour dipshit he is now, you don't have to ride to his defense

I stan them all, but especially the ones that didn't bang the cans (or had the cans banged for them, whatever).

Bellinger is basically just Josh Reddick now. A great defensive OF and a liability at the plate.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Heyman needs to focus on his fundamentals stop trying these big swings. Spell check dude, that's little league poo poo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm not sure why the Phillies took a guy from the Red Sox who has pitched a total of 7 games of pro ball because he's currently in the military

Why would you waste a roster spot on him?

There’s no real cost right? Like if you have an open 40 man slot and you see someone you like just get him. Maybe he shows out in spring training and makes the club. But worst case you just send him back. Right?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Not to mention you can literally edit tweets now, when this is your job you should go ahead and pay for that function.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well, you can't actually subscribe to twitter blue, it's broken.

e: oh wait they enabled it again but put a 90 day limit on buying it for new accounts. I guess that explains why we aren't freaking out about @JeffPasssan tweets talking about Trout to the Orioles

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

MrMidnight posted:

I need more deals and yes Reddick needs to shut up and chill. Sorry bro you are not close to Bellinger. That said, Bellinger has a TON of weight on his shoulders this year to perform.

I kinda feel like Bellinger is gonna get as many chances as he wants. Dude had huge prospect pedigree and won RotY and MVP at one point, guys with way less success under their belt continue to find deals in perpetuity. I obviously hope he rights the ship with the Cubs but even if he totally faceplants there will be another team willing to throw 1/10 at him on the hopes he'll bounce back to MVP form.

zoux posted:

Heyman needs to focus on his fundamentals stop trying these big swings. Spell check dude, that's little league poo poo.

Look it's really hard to type and lick Manfred's boots clean at the same time, it's impressive enough he's even able to fire anything off.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Sydin posted:

I kinda feel like Bellinger is gonna get as many chances as he wants. Dude had huge prospect pedigree and won RotY and MVP at one point, guys with way less success under their belt continue to find deals in perpetuity. I obviously hope he rights the ship with the Cubs but even if he totally faceplants there will be another team willing to throw 1/10 at him on the hopes he'll bounce back to MVP form.

Look it's really hard to type and lick Manfred's boots clean at the same time, it's impressive enough he's even able to fire anything off.

Oh sure he can find another 1 year deal but I'm sure most players want stability/long term contracts. Not sure how many chances he'll have left if he continues to offensively struggle. I think he'll have a good year honestly.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

zoux posted:

far be it from me to speculate why his autocorrect prefers "coke" to "cole"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bellinger getting a second chance to prove he wasn’t a fluke is such a no brainer for some team with room to carry him I’m shocked it’s even a conversation.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Nodoze posted:

If you are making a trade with Tampa, which should already make you question things, and they ask you for a pitcher you might want to think about it again

The Mets already have 5 pitchers who will be 30+ next season. Why not add a 34 year old lefty reliever, just before the pitch clock and shift ban get introduced.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

He'll do a reverse Hayward yup 100% guaranteed. That's why they're not gonna sign Bogaerts.

At least that's what I tell myself.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

STAC Goat posted:

There’s no real cost right? Like if you have an open 40 man slot and you see someone you like just get him. Maybe he shows out in spring training and makes the club. But worst case you just send him back. Right?
It's a little more weird than that. Song currently can't play baseball because he's still in active service. Which means the Phillies can place him on the restricted list and he doesn't take up a spot on the 26 man roster (or 40 I suppose) Song has applied for a waiver so he can play pro ball, nobody knows what the status of that request is, and the moment it gets approved he has to be on the active roster or get sent back to Boston.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/1600633927965745152?s=46&t=V9VTpRovP7oU_3uPf4OPMQ

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Yankees lost SEVEN!!!!!!!!!!!! players in the rule 5 lol

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
That's 2 more than the rule allows!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1600635468952965123

Yowzers

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

howe_sam posted:

It's a little more weird than that. Song currently can't play baseball because he's still in active service. Which means the Phillies can place him on the restricted list and he doesn't take up a spot on the 26 man roster (or 40 I suppose) Song has applied for a waiver so he can play pro ball, nobody knows what the status of that request is, and the moment it gets approved he has to be on the active roster or get sent back to Boston.

So essentially it’s kinda like when I draft an injured player in a fantasy draft so I hope I can stash him on the dl?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Dude's had a hell of a week

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

The Pussy Boss posted:

Giants lost 9 players from Double A Richmond in the rule 5 draft. Only a couple names I recognize, but, drat.

Kinda happy Cleveland lost only one. With the big 40-man crunch they’ve had the last 2 years, it’s surprising they didn’t lose more.

But also lol at every single team passing in the second round.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Makes sense, Yoshida is supposed to be a better pure hitter than Suzuki (although slower/worse glove as well), who got $85M in colder market last year.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Really cool that after making the playoffs for the first time in 21 years that the Mariners owner has decided to cry poor and just not allow a single impact free agent signing despite the insane amount of revenue this team generated. Going into the next season playing Jarred Kelenic as the starting left fielder and JP Crawford as the starting shortstop with this free agent class shouldn't have been the plan. What a disaster.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
drat, I wanted Yoshida but that is a lot for a guy who hasn't played in the majors

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Nodoze posted:

drat, I wanted Yoshida but that is a lot for a guy who hasn't played in the majors

Same, though I figured it was a long shot either way for Houston.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

It's actually 5 for 90 which isn't that bad honestly. I don't know why but I thought it would be less than five years

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Was the Hamels tweet so time sensitive? Feels like he had time to double check.

mcmagic posted:

I don't understand the Padres being so in on Turner but not going hard after Bogaerts.

Turner is Preller's white whale.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

There is a lot of money flying around but I want to see some wild out of left field trades too

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1600635789318070272

Lol that's insane

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Yoshida is cool as heck very excited to see him come over

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yoshida got posted? I thought he was an IFA. Maybe I'm confusing his deal with Sengas's.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Pungry posted:

Really cool that after making the playoffs for the first time in 21 years that the Mariners owner has decided to cry poor and just not allow a single impact free agent signing despite the insane amount of revenue this team generated. Going into the next season playing Jarred Kelenic as the starting left fielder and JP Crawford as the starting shortstop with this free agent class shouldn't have been the plan. What a disaster.

I'm very mad they didn't go after this new Japanese star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Red Sox aren't spending like a 5th place team

With the balanced schedule that whole division could finish above .500 next year