Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

BioEnchanted posted:

The whole point of the story is that Scrooge cannot defend his past, present or future. He's forced to confront the fact that his fiance left him because he neglected her in his pursuit on money and became emotionally abusive, the fact that his poorer workers have more fulfilling lives in the present than he'll ever have as he's wasting his present completely, and that he will die unloved, alone and unthought of because of what an rear end he is (and not only that but that his behaviour will have negative effects rippling beyond his own home like Tiny Tim's death). If his actions were in any way defensible, he could have tried to explain his guilt away, but he's just stuck wallowing in it because he's realising that he's king rear end in a top hat and that he's deserving everything he got. Even in the most unabashedly evil version of Jacob Marley, the version played by Waldorf with Statler as his invented brother Robert, they are regretting their actions in life not only due to the chains but due to the fact that they've had time to internalise their guilt, like when they are giddily swapping stories of the terrible things they did to the people that couldn't pay them back and the Marley brothers momentarily shudder, like it's just hit them what they did that day.
yeah but have you considered that he's rich and you're not?
makes u think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Coolness Averted posted:

yeah but have you considered that he's rich and you're not?
makes u think

Yeah, bout what a dick he is. :v:

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Run Herschel run!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

I really wonder what the nonsupported emoji was in this post about the teen titans cartoon/comic books I guess

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It is kinda weird that all these comic book aliens look exactly like human beings. :thunk:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Why are all these chuds calling Warnock a "fake pastor"? Is it simply "He's a Democrat, so he must not TRULY believe what he's preaching"? Or are they saying he's literally lying about being a pastor, full stop? :confused:

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Read After Burning posted:

quote:

One of my clients...ended up having surgery and part of her bowel removed...

Arnold says he’s thankful his client followed her gut...
:kstare:

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
It stuck out to me that while Scrooge made his money by making other people suffer (the poor people who are freezing and half-starved because they can't afford his rents, overworked Bob Cratchet who still can't afford a doctor for his son, etc) Scrooge himself doesn't even seem to get any enjoyment out of his own money. Like, he lives in a cold, dark house, eats cold food, never talks to anyone or does anything.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Nebrilos posted:

It stuck out to me that while Scrooge made his money by making other people suffer (the poor people who are freezing and half-starved because they can't afford his rents, overworked Bob Cratchet who still can't afford a doctor for his son, etc) Scrooge himself doesn't even seem to get any enjoyment out of his own money. Like, he lives in a cold, dark house, eats cold food, never talks to anyone or does anything.

It's because the rich are sociopaths.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Nebrilos posted:

Dickens was really good about writing his misers not just assholes, but as genuinely miserable people who at best lived hollow lives.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Why are all these chuds calling Warnock a "fake pastor"? Is it simply "He's a Democrat, so he must not TRULY believe what he's preaching"? Or are they saying he's literally lying about being a pastor, full stop? :confused:

He doesn't hate gay people and thinks abortion should be legal, would be my guess.

Because, you know, there's all those parts in the bible where Jesus says you should hate gay people and outlaw abortion.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Nebrilos posted:

Let me introduce you to a man named Notch.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Isn't herschel walker the ex footballer who paid for abortions of his kids whole on a pro life platform, and then revealed he had to pay children to watch kid movies with him, among many, many things? How did he run a great campaign

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Isn't herschel walker the ex footballer who paid for abortions of his kids whole on a pro life platform, and then revealed he had to pay children to watch kid movies with him, among many, many things? How did he run a great campaign

When asked questions he answered them himself, mostly

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

It was very, very funny.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

If you only watch one H. Walker clip, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it this one.

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1592979855691636740

Guess what he starts rambling about? You'll never guess. :allears:

The GOP paraded this man, who obviously has holes the size of fists in his brain, around like a loving puppet.

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 00:46 on Dec 8, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

He didn't but GOP talking heads have to lie about everything.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Zero_Grade posted:

Double dose of dudes severely telling on themselves:

https://twitter.com/Helot_/status/1599830547941199873

These motherfuckers never heard of Priapus, the literal god of having an enormous dick.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fister Roboto posted:

These motherfuckers never heard of Priapus, the literal god of having an enormous dick.

it's a pity he fell out with the god of giant foreskins

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

lollontee posted:

it's a pity he fell out with the god of giant foreskins

smh, he's got a sash right there around his waist he could tuck it up into

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Unperson_47 posted:

That dude brings shame to the Alf name

Just one look and you can tell that dudes never eaten pussy.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I had a co-worker back during the Bush era ask me in all seriousness how Democrats could be Christians.

And somehow, it's only gotten worse from there.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

In their mind a pastor is a paragon of Christianity but their Christianity is about being vindictive and cruel so when Warnock isn’t those things he therefore can’t really be a Christian let alone a pastor

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Thanks, all. I figured it would be "NO TRUE CHRISTIAN" poo poo, but I was hoping for the far more humorous option of literally accusing him of stolen religious valor.

"He says he's a Baptist minister but that's clearly the collar of a Methodist deacon!" :bahgawd:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

And yet, the Oz campaign managed to insult the legacy of Mean Joe Greene and then try to get their supporters to phonebank before a Steelers kickoff while they were on a bye week, and they wonder why they lost.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

If you only watch one H. Walker clip, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it this one.

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1592979855691636740

Guess what he starts rambling about? You'll never guess. :allears:

The GOP paraded this man, who obviously has holes the size of fists in his brain, around like a loving puppet.

Silently lol at the crowd getting quieter and quieter as the realisation dawned on them they are listening to a children's horror movie ending being explained and analysed

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Dr Oz's entire campaign was:

"I am a famous TV guy. Also Donald Trump says to vote for me."

Then Fetterman started immediately destroying him. So he added:

"Fetterman looks like a big ugly troll. Also he had a stroke. Ha ha, what a cripple."

And was surprised he lost. This is not even going into the "I only have 6 houses, and I don't even live here. I am just like you buying my avocados from ... whatever this grocery store is called." stuff

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Among the many, many awful commercials I was subjected to for the past several months was one on the radio:

A woman who said she was a Christian said she had to vote based on religion. She was voting Herschel. Herschel had been forgiven. Warnock had not.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution did an excellent write-up today about the differences in theh Warnock and Walker campaigns (paywalled, sorry)

Atlanta Journal-Constitution posted:

Long before Walker’s defeat, Republicans were sounding alarm bells about his history of violent behavior, pattern of lies and exaggerations, and tendency for bizarre and erratic statements that continued through the final hours of the runoff.

“Herschel was like a plane crash into a train wreck that rolled into a dumpster fire. And an orphanage. Then an animal shelter. You kind of had to watch it squinting through one eye between your fingers,” said Dan McLagan, an adviser to Agriculture Commissioner Gary Black, one of Walker’s defeated rivals in the GOP primary.

Warnock's campaign smartly put together a tape of Walker's greatest hits and air a commercial of reactions to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vI0V9forGQ

RC and Moon Pie has a new favorite as of 04:12 on Dec 8, 2022

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Coolness Averted posted:

Dickens was really good about writing his misers not just assholes, but as genuinely miserable people who at best lived hollow lives.
Netflix has a new dreadful animated musical version of A Christmas Carol up and running for the holiday season. And for some reason they give Scrooge a loyal dog who loves him very much. It's awful but because I love the story so much I still teared up a tiny bit on Christmas morning when Scrooge is reuniting with Fred (who also gets renamed in the Netflix movie for some reason).

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

lmao

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

NorgLyle posted:

Netflix has a new dreadful animated musical version of A Christmas Carol up and running for the holiday season. And for some reason they give Scrooge a loyal dog who loves him very much. It's awful but because I love the story so much I still teared up a tiny bit on Christmas morning when Scrooge is reuniting with Fred (who also gets renamed in the Netflix movie for some reason).

so they made him the grinch?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Dr Oz's entire campaign was:

"I am a famous TV guy. Also Donald Trump says to vote for me."

Then Fetterman started immediately destroying him. So he added:

"Fetterman looks like a big ugly troll. Also he had a stroke. Ha ha, what a cripple."

And was surprised he lost. This is not even going into the "I only have 6 houses, and I don't even live here. I am just like you buying my avocados from ... whatever this grocery store is called." stuff

The ads on the radio they were running were sick.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
I always found it funny that if you were to ask someone to describe Scrooge, they would describe a greedy lonely capitalist rear end in a top hat bastard

The entire story leads up to him being confronted by his nature, coming to terms with it, then changing his ways and finally becoming an entirely different person by the end of it, so bummer for him

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/realcfandrews/status/1600667344262819840?s=46&t=Nj4Ma5kR3HVe5EWVbkJUFA

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

She's got a lot of opinions

https://twitter.com/realcfandrews/status/1600285932996857856?t=e-qHzuT4wov9PU2vJQ3yJQ&s=19

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Having pets at all is a step in that direction from purely pragmatic husbandry. And that is in itself a step in that direction from following animals until they died from exhaustion. Moving in with a cow? perv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

Having pets at all is a step in that direction from purely pragmatic husbandry. And that is in itself a step in that direction from following animals until they died from exhaustion. Moving in with a cow? perv

you don't need to talk about your stepdad like that