Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nodoze posted:

There is a lot of money flying around but I want to see some wild out of left field trades too

Hope they involve the Yankees subtracting a bunch of players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mcmagic posted:

Hope they involve the Yankees subtracting a bunch of players

True they need to cut salary so they can afford Judge's contract

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/JustinVerlander/status/1600646904882552832

ok it hurts a little

Anyway, hope we see you in the World Series JV.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1600644506709159936

:pray::pray::pray:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

They're going to sign Dansby to OPS+ 98 for 6 years or whatever.

With Bellinger and Swanson, that Cubs lineup is never going to draw a walk and stirkeout like 30% of the time. They'll have a good defense I guess.

STAC Goat posted:

Bellinger getting a second chance to prove he wasn’t a fluke is such a no brainer for some team with room to carry him I’m shocked it’s even a conversation.

I'm fine with it. Just not if this is your big offseason signing for the offense. This is a bad offense that is looking considerably worse with the loss of Contreras.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
wow can't believe the Cubs are STILL dragging out signing Xander Boegarts but I guess it's cool they're giving other teams hope

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

getting strong Matt Harvey vibes from this image

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

zoux posted:

ok it hurts a little

He's on a win streak in the WS now though

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

you gotta do something at least twice in a row to count it as a "streak"

you must be thinking of Clayton Kershaw

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

bawfuls posted:

getting strong Matt Harvey vibes from this image

matt harvey wishes lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

zoux posted:

ok it hurts a little

I'm normally fine with the Mets but I really hate this loving guy.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/SadGuardiansFan/status/1600352381064994816

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

C'mon, bring him back, throw him some Pujols balls

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Per Manfred, the Angels are trying to have a sale finalized by Opening Day. That seems a bit unrealistic to me, but I guess it's at least a sign that they want to get this done as soon as possible.

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1600657166003748871?s=20&t=q54n-lEznDVHb1dRmohz-g

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Ok fine I'll buy the Angels but under one condition, Ohtani has to be my friend.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I will buy the Angels if they agree to let me rename them to the San Jose Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Honestly bring him to the Cubs to be our full time DH. Cruz owns

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

zoux posted:

ok it hurts a little

ill miss u justin

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

zoux posted:

C'mon, bring him back, throw him some Pujols balls
the different ball thing is ok if they only pitch the juicy ones to hitters 40+ years old

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Rename the Cubs to the Chicago Ticks because every fan ends up getting Rickettsia

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bawfuls posted:

the different ball thing is ok if they only pitch the juicy ones to hitters 40+ years old

Agreed. Go to the Brewers, hit 43 dingers, get bounced out of the first round, no harm, no foul

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
hmm. they’d really been hyping Malloy and Jiménez has only the one good year. Dunno.

https://twitter.com/braves/status/1600676349991161856?s=46&t=v9NJ3HvtgwsQi38zy1LWgg

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I just listened to Heyman's podcast and he didn't even mention the Asron Judge thing LOL

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

STAC Goat posted:

So essentially it’s kinda like when I draft an injured player in a fantasy draft so I hope I can stash him on the dl?

Only if you're fine getting slapped by Tommy Pham, cuz he slaps for that kinda behavior

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I just listened to Heyman's podcast and he didn't even mention the Asron Judge thing LOL
hay man has a podcast? and you listened to it? on purpose?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What did you guys think of the turner singing with the Phillies ?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

i dont wanna talk about it

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

euphronius posted:

300m/11yr contract with no trade clause on a shortstop is absolutely loving insane and they're gambling hard that he's going to decline slow when he does start declining. Frankly I think it's a crazier contract than the Judge deal even if Judge is getting paid more.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What did judge get ?

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

This has really been a lovely hot stove for all of Chicago :(

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

euphronius posted:

What did judge get ?

Ink's not dry yet but it's looking like 390m over 9.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Monathin posted:

Holy poo poo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Monathin posted:

holy gently caress

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Turner has speed which usually ages well

Also in 5 years we will all be earning 1 million a year

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

This has really been a lovely hot stove for all of Chicago :(

they just haven't broken out the one two three punch that will make every other team give up before the season starts: signing Xander Boegarts, trading for Sean Murphy (Oakland will accept four rookie ball prospects due to Fisher being a terrible human being) and Kyle Hendricks can dial his 4 seamer up to 90mph :cool:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
At this point Cubs getting Boegarts and Murphy would be the best outcome I could ask for.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Yeah, there is a much better team 5 miles south that hasn't done anything except sign a #4 starter and watch their window slowly close.

Edit: except ditch their drunky coach

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

bawfuls posted:

hay man has a podcast? and you listened to it? on purpose?
Yes, it's called Hey Man, Nice Shot

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Monathin posted:

Yankees had to bring him back after his season, had to, but man they are in a bind because no one bat is worth this, especially in the out years. I guess Hal is just ok with paying the tier III penalty until 2031

e: sportrac has it at $360 over 9 which, yeah he's gonna get 40 aav, but the years man

zoux fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Dec 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

zoux posted:

Yankees had to bring him back after his season, had to, but man they are in a bind because no one bat is worth this, especially in the out years. I guess Hal is just ok with paying the tier III penalty until 2031

As a fan of the team who has had to deal with the Yankees in the post season probably the most over the last like decade of sports I can only hope Judge's waning years are an albatross around the Yankees' neck.