Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

How Wonderful! posted:

Post-Shadowbringers I do think it would be interesting to play through on an ult as the default midlander guy. I imagine all the interactions with Ardbert hit a bit differently if he's literally a mirror of the WoL.

My character is a highlander war main and shadowbringers was great given the nature of what Ardbert was. I had been using the buzz cut ever since ARR.

Close enough, but not quite the same, which made perfect sense in my head.

But certain events have a way of changing a person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I switched to femroe a couple years ago and I don't think I'm ever going back to generic rear end catgirl. Might do another stint as a Raen Au Ra at least I think it was Raen. I have it stored on my list so I can change at a moment's notice. (I carry a fantasia in my chocobo satchel).

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

This settles it: if I ever make another alt, that character is wearing a tribal glam all the time. LALAFELL? WHAT IS "LALAFELL?" ZORNU VANU IS THE SMALLEST BUT MIGHTIEST OF THE ZUNDU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Phrenology via anime game avatars.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
the real litmus test is what title you have

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Zeruel posted:

{Pom Friend}

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Antivehicular posted:

This settles it: if I ever make another alt, that character is wearing a tribal glam all the time. LALAFELL? WHAT IS "LALAFELL?" ZORNU VANU IS THE SMALLEST BUT MIGHTIEST OF THE ZUNDU

A mighty Zundu indeed! I love their dances and their traditional catsfoot chews. Can't get enough of them, I've been skimming off the top of those tribe quests for ages now.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Zeruel posted:

{Big Fish}

It should be considered a form of formal medical diagnosis really.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I'm wearing <Makai Machinist> until I shamefully throw myself at enough casual CC to get the last Garo mount, but after that... I dunno, maybe start grinding a Firmament title? Finally get the Nepto Dragon?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zeruel posted:

I still have to say my guildie who uses [Tank Technician] on her healer wins this one for all time.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Zeruel posted:

I have Saint of the Firmament, which says that I want to be special but the only noteworthy thing about me was that once, I had a free week.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

i don't wear a title

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zeruel posted:

I wasted weeks getting {The Seventh Dawn} and goddammit I'm going to use it.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I hope we get some more 6.3 news soon.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also this.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yuuup!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

{DAN}

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Zeruel posted:

{The Fistful} will get mileage out of me forever

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I used to go Wandering Vanguard but went with The New Sun after reading the Book of the New Sun and enjoying it a lot.

Unfortunately I can't really get a severian glam to work. the drat taffetta shawl doesn't dye right

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
{Barista At the Edge of the Universe} was a phenomenal cap on an excellent series of quests

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Zero

I need it to get that third Garo mount I've been incredibly lazy about trying to finish. Also because she's cool

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The Manderville bow has both a harp and a horn for blowing. If the final version isn't Dick Van Dyke's one-man band from Mary Poppins I'm going to be disappointed

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

If any job deserves comedy weapons, it's Bard

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I rigged up titles to my job change macros, but before I used Bearer of the Torch for years. It just seemed appropriate.

Also I've been most races, but I'm currently middie hyur mainly because no tail clipping and earrings in the right place. Wait, that sounded a little judgemental. Viera earrings don't dangle right and Au ra earrings are hidden by face 3 horns, that's the main thing.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I know they would never make custom Peloton animations for weird weapons, but I'm profoundly disappointed you can't Peloton by tooting the harp-bow horn

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

I know they would never make custom Peloton animations for weird weapons, but I'm profoundly disappointed you can't Peloton by tooting the harp-bow horn

Aw man, that makes two of us now...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

{A Dragon's Best Friend} hasn't come off of me. Ehll Tou is one of my few mount roulette mounts as well.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

<Of Dragons Deep> or bust

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I gave up on the Garo mount so I'm {Sky Pirate} once more because sky pirates are badass.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I am a <Philanthropist> in name and deed :shobon:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I am either [Archmage] or [of the Holy Body]. Sometimes I forget to swap off Archmage when I change to a physical job.

I nearly have the next level Archmage title unlocked, but I think I'll stick to Archmage.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

hexwren posted:

i don't wear a title

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I find you actually stand out a little more without a title since so many people like to load up on flair

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Newfound Adventurer suits me pretty well.

Me I just like creating characters. My main was inspired by a couple of characters- Catherine from Fire Emblem Three Houses (killed her in my run so I felt bad) and Scorpia from the recent She-Ra reboot. So I made a tall lady with short blonde hair and made her a Marauder. Elezen because I guess the extra height helped. I’ve grown attached to her over 90 levels, natch.

And I did make alts! I wanted to see the different city starts. Both of them are in the 2.x stuff by now. I made a big Roe dude and a tiny lalafell guy. The Roe is a White Mage, the Lala is a Black Mage, I haven’t got as much of a hold on their personalities. But the point is I had fun exploring the extremes. There’s all sorts of weird reasons I make a character what they are (and I’m a confirmed altaholic in any MMO I play. 3 characters is conservative.)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Make certain titles let you be incredibly obnoxious about it during MSQ.

"Warrior of Light? I'm a {Big Fish} now." :smug:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Electric Phantasm posted:

Make certain titles let you be incredibly obnoxious about it during MSQ.

"Warrior of Light? I'm a {Big Fish} now." :smug:

"Save the world? But I'm just a <Bug Boy>."

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Cleretic posted:

Hrothgar are furry gay men. Every single one, as far as I can tell. Almost all of them are exceptionally nice, though.

i'm a cishet female and i just think hrothgar are cool and humans are stinky

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022
The most appropriate WoL title is obviously {Lady of the Fetch}.

Or Lord, I guess, but the female version kind of sounds better anyway.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Saithir posted:

The most appropriate WoL title is obviously {Lady of the Fetch}.

Or Lord, I guess, but the female version kind of sounds better anyway.

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022

Never associated it with the movie tbh. Wasn't all that popular or anything here so, no, not that kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Saithir posted:

Never associated it with the movie tbh. Wasn't all that popular or anything here so, no, not that kind.

Oh sure but she'll always be Lady of the Fetch to me and mine