Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Another new code: XBRSDNF6BP4R
https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=XBRSDNF6BP4R

60 primos + XP books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Asimo posted:

On the one hand the specific term being used constantly is so fantastically stupid. On the other hand it sort of feels surprisingly plausible for the vast assortment of weird quirky dorks in Teyvat so who knows. :effort:

There's like... two lines out of the three dozen I've seen where they do drop the "TCG" part and just say Genius Invokation but it's truly bizarre most of the time.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

They don't do the TCG thing in the Japanese translation, can't tell if this is the English translators being overly literal translating the Chinese version or referencing the "official" name of most card games without realizing they're only called that in marketing materials.

I was pulling for Faruzan and got a really early pity and it was probably the first time I've ever been happy to see Diluc.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
less than 100 pulls got me c2 wanderer (and keqing’s c5…), c6 faruzan and his weapon :effort:

c2/r1 wanderer, c6/elegy faruzan, bennett and c3/r1 kazuha has got to be one of the most obnoxious teams i’ve ever run in the overworld. with a decent rotation, wanderer’s Q just melts poo poo at TL 6. can’t wait to waste my dream solvents triple crowning him these next couple of mondays

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

MNSNTZR posted:

less than 100 pulls got me c2 wanderer (and keqing’s c5…), c6 faruzan and his weapon :effort:

what the gently caress

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

SiKboy posted:

I need, and I mean need someone to sit down with the genshin devs (or the localisation team) and explain that people who play, for example Magic: The Gathering CCG do not call it that ever, they just call it "Magic". They also just call the cards "Cards" or at a push "Magic cards"

Anyway, I was about 40-50 pulls from soft pity, and on my 50th pull I won the coinflip for Scaramouche. Sorry Itto, you are one of the 5* I like but dont have but I'll always roll for new and shiny. Didnt get the new 4* but I'm not throwing any more rolls at these banners I dont think, I'll save for the next new character at this point. She'll be rerun on another banner soon enough.

I call it Magic: The Gathering, the Wizards of the Coast Collectible Card Game - The Brothers' War whenever I mention what I'm currently playing, it gets difficult when multiple blocks are legal and I'm using cards from each.

Also lmao I did a 10 pull figuring it wouldn't do much harm and I could maybe get dogboy constellations: my first wish was Wanderer, so I got my guarantee at pull 56.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

This card quest has me questioning why I never ran diona before, I love her voice acting.

Wanderer is fun but I wish you could activate his skill in mid air like kazuha. Now to begin saving again and try to decide between alhaitham and dehya 😬

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Tae posted:

what the gently caress

to be fair, i walked into the banner with ~45 pity (on a 50/50 but still) and the weapon came on a single pull, 8 pity

still the wildest pulls i’ve had in the two years i’ve been playing this game

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

slicing up eyeballs posted:

This card quest has me questioning why I never ran diona before, I love her voice acting.

Wanderer is fun but I wish you could activate his skill in mid air like kazuha. Now to begin saving again and try to decide between alhaitham and dehya 😬

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i want faruzan but I don't want to risk getting Turbo Dork so I shall wait I suppose

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
BTW I am LOVING genius invokation CCG. Open world CCG is my favorite genre and I am astounded at the devs' constant good taste in choosing to put so much work into this and how good the execution is. This company just blows me away idk what to say.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 8, 2022

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

+1 on the card game being good and well implemented. I don't really follow the beta news anymore but I wasn't expecting this level of effort.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Radical posted:

+1 on the card game being good and well implemented. I don't really follow the beta news anymore but I wasn't expecting this level of effort.

I think that's because it was weirdly underemphasized compared to other features in this patch. It almost felt like an afterthought in the previews.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Feels like the Library, Jade Chamber, Dawn Winery and Katheryne cards are essential for basically every deck. Matches seem to go so much smoother when I draw those early (I am also bad at games like this). The library support card also stacks, so you can get more than one bonus reroll

I haven't really been using the weapon cards at all. I don't know that they're bad or anything but it always feels like I want to play different cards whenever I have those in my hand.

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 8, 2022

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
The paimon card that gives you 3 Omni energy is very useful, too. Really let's you hit hard especially if you'd set up useful reactions like applying electro to the entire other team and then attacking 3x with Dilucs skill

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Radical posted:

They don't do the TCG thing in the Japanese translation, can't tell if this is the English translators being overly literal translating the Chinese version or referencing the "official" name of most card games without realizing they're only called that in marketing materials.

I was pulling for Faruzan and got a really early pity and it was probably the first time I've ever been happy to see Diluc.

I don't seem to hear anything weird in Chinese either. Even though I can only understand the proper name of the game about as well as your average non Chinese speaker, I'd be shocked if they managed to squeeze in the name + TCG into about 3 words. English translation gona keep being weird like that I guess :shrug:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
They were saying "TCG" so much I started to assume that marketing had gotten involved because there's going to be either a print edition or a stand-alone app for it

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Doing the character trials because I forgot about them. Ningguang and Heizou are there for some reason?

Honestly they should just add those 2 to the free characters list. Maybe they get unlocked once you reach Inazuma so that you can do geo and anemo stuff without needing to swap traveler around, I dunno. It's not like they're exceptional units or anything, especially at C0.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

MoonCrab posted:

Doing the character trials because I forgot about them. Ningguang and Heizou are there for some reason?

Honestly they should just add those 2 to the free characters list. Maybe they get unlocked once you reach Inazuma so that you can do geo and anemo stuff without needing to swap traveler around, I dunno. It's not like they're exceptional units or anything, especially at C0.

Ningguang is at least available on Paimon Bargains twice a year. Which is frankly the real issue: they never added 4*s to the shop after launch, which in some ways makes getting specific 4*s more difficult than event 5*s as the pool has grown.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

noelle is already free?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

he's talking to the cat

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I applaud anyone with the patience/determination to do puzzles with Noelle

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

yeah the card game's cool. it's cute listening to Diona (Eng) explain it as she tries (and fails) to disguise how much she likes it

AND we get to mock her

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
32 rolls: Xingqiu, Gorou, Sac Frags. Pity count: 73. No Faruzan. Wanderer actually grew on me a bit during this latest archon quest, so maybe I'm supposed to take the 50-50. But if I win, then I have to keep rolling on Itto's banner until I do get Faruzan, and that might never end. Probably better to just let it go.

I have to pay for my 4 5-stars in 150 blue wishes with an eternity of bad luck on event banners. C'est la gacha.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
My only complaint about Wanderer so far is I never realized he had those little blue highlights on the back of his head until now and they are surprisingly distracting.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

archon quest : what did everyone rename Scaramouche and why was it always RhettCaan?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Wow, game ruined!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Nyaawn posted:

Wow, game ruined!

Oh, I saw she used scarabs in the trial and just decided I was never gonna use her

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Coolness Averted posted:

Oh, I saw she used scarabs in the trial and just decided I was never gonna use her

Please tell me they didn't take away the 3 precious scarabs that I got from doing that trial already.

please.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

BabyRyoga posted:

Please tell me they didn't take away the 3 precious scarabs that I got from doing that trial already.

please.

I mean, they didn't take down the blueprints from the teapot store that was supposed to be for the $20 BP level after acknowledging the error in the hotfix notes, so I assume you'll be fine there.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wanderer kind of has insane exploration capability. I didn't realize at first that he can fly straight up almost twice as high as Venti/Kazuha (plus zoom around like Yelan on a shorter cooldown).

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Nyaawn posted:

yeah the card game's cool. it's cute listening to Diona (Eng) explain it as she tries (and fails) to disguise how much she likes it

AND we get to mock her

The tutorial quest was delightful from start to finish. And really the entire worldbuilding of this silly game. You can tell the designers had a blast putting it together and paying homage to their favorite children's card games.

Diona rose up quite a few spots in character-endearingness rank. My favorite was her annoyance when she had to recommend switching to the Diluc card.

Also the 3rd opponent's dialogue from behind the door while waiting for you to challenge them.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo, I'm getting tempted to burn a 5* attempt on the rude boy. I'm not willing to give up Raiden, so I'd only burn a max on 80 out of my 240 pulls, but that would still probably screw me out of Ayato or Yelan afterwards, and I still only have XQ and Barbara for hydro. I don't have Kazuha or Venti, so the glide for overworld is the big attraction here.

Please tell me why this is a terrible idea.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ytlaya posted:

Wanderer kind of has insane exploration capability. I didn't realize at first that he can fly straight up almost twice as high as Venti/Kazuha (plus zoom around like Yelan on a shorter cooldown).

also only 5s downtime on his skill so you can do stuff like fly as wanderer, immediately swap to sayu and roll for a while, then go back to wanderer and fly again
you can use it really often, it's great

Tree Reformat posted:

poo poo, I'm getting tempted to burn a 5* attempt on the rude boy. I'm not willing to give up Raiden, so I'd only burn a max on 80 out of my 240 pulls, but that would still probably screw me out of Ayato or Yelan afterwards, and I still only have XQ and Barbara for hydro. I don't have Kazuha or Venti, so the glide for overworld is the big attraction here.

xingqiu is all the hydro you'll ever need anyways. :orb:

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Dec 8, 2022

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Tree Reformat posted:

Definitely save for Raiden. I have most of the 5 stars, he's fun but also *extremely* reliant on having a dedicated team because his gameplay is very fragile since he has no poise during flight mode.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
apparently he is even squishier than klee? lol
xingqiu's interrupt resist + flying all the time can definitely help but rip if you get hit

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

TCG pro-tip: you can hold the mouse down while selecting dice to reroll

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Torn three ways here, Wanderer has the most vertical freedom of any mobility character and I could use more Faruzan constellations, but I don't have Ayato and should cross him off the list, but also I like Raiden and would love to have a C2 of her should I get so lucky :negative:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The dice rolls need to be faster lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Nyaawn posted:

i want faruzan but I don't want to risk getting Turbo Dork so I shall wait I suppose

:hmmyes:

Sucrose is as powerful in the card game as she is in a combat team, so 10/10 best card game ever.