Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

TO: TWITTER EMPLOYEES
SUBJECT: PAYROLL

u now paid in tweet coins tyvm

Ror posted:

it might incentivize people to live at the office if they provided complimentary meals for the employees, i wonder if elon has ever thought of that

why pay for meals when you can just eat the corpse of the twitter employee in the coding hammock next to you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ror posted:

it might incentivize people to live at the office if they provided complimentary meals for the employees, i wonder if elon has ever thought of that

That billion in debt interest isn't going to pay itself, the couches cost $259 a night

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Bugsy posted:

https://twitter.com/JamesClayton5/status/1600659429925351426

Just standing in front of the washer with my dick hanging out while my clothes get cleaned.

Where are the cages for the children?

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Imagine seeing the crunch cycle at game studios and go "actually, I would like to do this!"

also, what sort of poo poo landlord apartment is this?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm sure they've fully squared this with USA and EU financial regulatory bodies with months of review and oversight in preparation to ensure customer transactional data is secured and managed correctly.

And certainly not just farted out on a whim by Elon's now functionally-enslaved H-1B coders in his code mine.

comedy option: they just copy paste one of those open source crypto wallets that keep the keys on your phone

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Imagine seeing the crunch cycle at game studios and go "actually, I would like to do this!"

Yeah *most* crunch cycles are limited time duration to push a product out the door, but with this bizarre add new features/delete features/refactor features/remove the new features thing they have going on at twitter this seems like it would just be an endless cycle and that is loving depressing.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Withnail fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Dec 8, 2022

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

how many employees is musk planning to impregnate in these beds?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TelevisedInsanity posted:

The kind only the son of an apartheid emerald miner could think was a good way to treat those working for him.

I'm waiting for the reveal they're forbidden to leave Twitter premises if they're not meeting arbitrary code deadlines. Didn't make 400,000 lines of code this week? Sorry, you're not going home til they're done! Family? Twitter is your family, now take your weekly scrip of TwitCoin and stop complaining or you're fired and your visa's revoked.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
"twitcoin is not Dogecoin, it's better, it'll be worth millions, you'll see, twitcoin TO THE MOON" ~ somebody who isn't working at Twitter, but wants to, even though they got a degree in economics

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

They literally just launched a new feature “Twitter spaces” which was launched by a pop up stating “What the %#^# is that thing?!?! Let’s find out together.” So I still don’t know what it does since they were trying to be cute about it but it’s a strange time to downsize your features and say you’re focusing on improvements

Trying to be cute and coy about stupid poo poo is peak Musk. Richer than god and incapable of getting to the point without tripping over it.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lol hes doing another payment processor thing

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Bad Purchase posted:

how many employees is musk planning to impregnate in these beds?

Zero. Women are not hardcore coders so they were all out around the third purge.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

YOUR HONOR WE WERE MERELY TRYING TO SHOW HOW THE MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY EMPTY OFFICES COULD BE REPURPOSED AS IKEA SHOW ROOMS! NO ONE WAS VIOLATING CITY CODES OR LABOR LAWS!!!!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

How's the guy who reverse engineers stuff but doesn't know how the search backend works doing

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

thathonkey posted:

lol hes doing another payment processor thing

He's making another payment processor LIKE A DOG

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Only Kindness posted:

Yeah, a few pages back but my god, the layers of desolation just in these few words alone had me nearly doubled over. So not the official site (I assume it's a video game thing), but a fansite, and not the biggest fansite, but the second-biggest? And it's called hellgate-guru? What, was planethellgate already taken?

Actually yes! Planet Hellgate was number 1.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Entorwellian posted:

Actually yes! Planet Hellgate was number 1.

lmao nice

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
I'm the sofas that are too short to hold a horizontal human body and too soft to support a horizontal human body so it stays horizontal, besides the body parts above and off the sofa already cause the human body to contort in very uncomfortable positions.

I'm also the twitter worker that's so glad his billionaire boss couldn't fork out an extra couple hundo to ensure anyone is able to get a proper nap in.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Withnail posted:

Has anyone considered that twitter moderation during the 2020 election might have leaned slightly against Trump simply because he is a loving idiot?

That's the simple truth that trump, musk and all of their fellow travellers are running from: Media, social or otherwise, are actually insanely biased in their favor, because everything they believe and do is both stupid and morally repugnant. They claim they're being mistreated because they sometimes face slight pushback, but if they were actually being treated fairly, their entire media presence would range from "dude being told to shut the gently caress up and go away" to "hangin w/ mussolini."

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PITY BONER posted:

I'm the sofas that are too short to hold a horizontal human body and too soft to support a horizontal human body so it stays horizontal, besides the body parts above and off the sofa already cause the human body to contort in very uncomfortable positions.

I'm also the twitter worker that's so glad his billionaire boss couldn't fork out an extra couple hundo to ensure anyone is able to get a proper nap in.

What's "better" is apparently there's like three good hotels really close by to Twitter HQ, but apparently Moneybag Elon didn't get rich by spending money to foot the bills to ensure his most hardcore people's basic needs are seen to.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What's "better" is apparently there's like three good hotels really close by to Twitter HQ, but apparently Moneybag Elon didn't get rich by spending money to foot the bills to ensure his most hardcore people's basic needs are seen to.

Putting employees up in a hotel might give them the false impression they are allowed to leave

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tippecanoe posted:

Putting employees up in a hotel might give them the false impression they are allowed to leave

* extended guitar riff *

Welcome to the Hotel Twitterfornia

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

How's the guy who reverse engineers stuff but doesn't know how the search backend works doing

https://twitter.com/realGeorgeHotz/status/1599970004593946625

Having a good one.

Also his profile picture really pisses me off and I don’t know why.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Ah yes, that sounds easy and a wonderful way to interact with the website. I'll just key in "how do I chop tomatoes" and be told "gently caress you that's abusive and ableist and you deny deli workers their salaries."

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Ole Leon was at Paypal during the OG dot-com days right? Thats the last time I remember seeing offices with beds strung up like this. I'm sure its how he thinks 'poo poo gets done' but there's a evolutionary reason that entire model went out the window.

Btw words cant describe the smell of a buncha nerds working, sleeping, and eating takeout in the same space. Regular HVAC can't turn the air over fast enough.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

The Awesomesaurus posted:

Having a good one.

Okay okay okay, GUYS! I got an idea! imagine... google, but really awkward, buggy as gently caress, every search returns Elon Musk's Twitter profile as the top result and it costs $8 month.

Kazanski
Apr 19, 2005
A bad enough dude...

He's uploaded a few streams/videos to Youtube. Just looked like a lot of googling random stuff trying to get his bearings. Didn't watch the full things 'cause they were kind of boring but I did lol @ one point when he said something like, "This should be pretty simple, not hard at all." *click, click, clack-clack-clack...google...read for a bit* "Hm. Ok maybe this is more complex than I thought"

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Tippecanoe posted:

You would think concreting over all the doors and windows on the first five floors would of given people the message, but apparently not :shrug:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Your guy's bringing back ask Jeeves but for nazis

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Vampire Panties posted:

Btw words cant describe the smell of a buncha nerds working, sleeping, and eating takeout in the same space. Regular HVAC can't turn the air over fast enough.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mx. posted:

Your guy's bringing back ask Jeeves but for nazis

The only search engine that always returns zero results

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

https://twitter.com/realGeorgeHotz/status/1599977399403569152

Hahahaha yeah sure man. Boy Wonder at it again

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Ah yes, that sounds easy and a wonderful way to interact with the website. I'll just key in "how do I chop tomatoes" and be told "gently caress you that's abusive and ableist and you deny deli workers their salaries."

I wouldn't worry about that, Elon is doing his hardest to weed out anyone who might use words like "abusive," "ableist" or "salaries."

in a month's time your hypothetical responses will be nothing but crypto invites, phishing scams, epic cry laugh emoji elon retweets, and screeds against minorities, regardless of search parameters

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
guys, I've been working closely with Elon, and I think I've finally uncovered the vast global conspiracy that's threatening to choke the life out of this world. of course, I don't want to claim that I've done all this by myself. I had some very important people helping me from Kanye West to Jordan Peterson.

what I've discovered will absolutely shock you . The Chinese have invented a special kind of nano particle that looks like lint, but it's not. it's a very sophisticated, self coagulating super intelligence. they designed it to look like lint that people would think you're crazy when you discover it. "you must be crazy. You think the lint is trying to kill you!". first of all, I didn't say it was trying to kill me. I said it was a self coagulating Superintelligence. i've spent hours photographing this and I've almost come up with the proof. Stay tuned!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

grittyreboot posted:

Turns out it's NOT the ice cream of the future

You’re a fuckin liar

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I can tell you straight up it's a really stupid idea; Because it's not just going out and getting a search result it can clear and forget in the browser cache, it's pulling results and storing them appended to the initial tweet permanently in their storage system.

So every single query is saved forever,AND will expand storage usage geometrically as you make a vague search term and pull THOUSANDS of hits back. For every user, and every query they make. That'd kill their system in about, oh, a day I reckon.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Having a good one.

Is he asking Twitter randos to do his work for him?

.random
May 7, 2007

I had to check that this was actually in response to his dumb “imagine…” tweet. Yes, of course, that tweet itself is the startup that has built a product so superior to Google’s offering for many searches. :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Having a good one.

It's super-easy when the answer to every one of his questions is "Go to hell" or "You suck." There, add in a coin flip to determine the answer and you're done.

Really impressed by the level of hardcore programmers on this project.