Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

If prices go up 30% over a period of time and then drop 10%, prices have not in fact come down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

If you're physically hosed up enough to not be able to climb stairs you aren't going to consider buying that place to begin with, it's three stories.

Nah, it's more along the lines of, all the bedrooms are upstairs, everyone showers up there or whatever, easier to just have a laundry room upstairs. It's pretty common in larger, newer homes in the South.

And honestly, gently caress going to a basement for laundry if you can have it on the floor with the most clothes changing going on. If you're buying a newer builder box house, put it somewhere convenient.

You don't need to be a broken 40 y/o to appreciate never carrying baskets of clothes up and down stairs.

i am harry posted:

lmao not if there ain’t a 240v socket

Argue for a 240v outlet to be installed before closing.

But then they would install an outlet with no lines to it.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I just bought a electric compact dryer that only requires 120V it owns but I can understand that’s not an option for larger families

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

otoh it’s because the previous owners sold me a place with a broken dishwasher and washing machine which decidedly doesn’t own

Obama2
Oct 22, 2021
prices are being manipulated so home ownership is replaced with renting single family homes from hedge funds, sorry guys!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Obama2 posted:

prices are being manipulated so home ownership is replaced with renting single family homes from hedge funds, sorry guys!

They've been telling you that this is the plan for a few years now

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

Obama2 posted:

cool.

maybe this will keep people from becoming homevoters.

Apr 7, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Nah, it's more along the lines of, all the bedrooms are upstairs, everyone showers up there or whatever, easier to just have a laundry room upstairs. It's pretty common in larger, newer homes in the South.

And honestly, gently caress going to a basement for laundry if you can have it on the floor with the most clothes changing going on. If you're buying a newer builder box house, put it somewhere convenient.

You don't need to be a broken 40 y/o to appreciate never carrying baskets of clothes up and down stairs.

Eh, that house is laid out exactly the same as mine and the living space use isn't efficient. I'd rather have the extra room and the stuff in the unfinished basement than lose living space.

(and the basement is definitely unfinished)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

found the barn door of amontillado

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

are those ornamental beams lol

what the hell

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
theyre load-bearing for the bourgie aesthetics

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
worn rugs as doors?

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Ammanas posted:

theyre load-bearing for the bourgie aesthetics

signs of a truss fund homeowner

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

euphronius posted:

are those ornamental beams lol

what the hell

its an attack so they painted everything but the beams white lol

https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...mixed_view_card

full listing has a lot of... interesting choices. its like a flipper haunted a completely normal old house

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

well that’s a lot of house for only 300k at least

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

Hubbert posted:

signs of a truss fund homeowner

lmao

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

euphronius posted:

well that’s a lot of house for only 300k at least

Because they're counting the (uninsulated?) attic as living space

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

a couple in one of the richest parts of minneapolis decided to leave a "legacy" by tearing down their 10,000 SQUARE FOOT home, and replacing it with four 2500 square foot condos, each listed at 2.5M (they will live in one of them)

fortunate we got rid of single family zoning

god bless

https://www.35groveland.com/

actionjackson has issued a correction as of 02:40 on Dec 6, 2022

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

actionjackson posted:

a couple in one of the richest parts of minneapolis decided to leave a "legacy" by tearing down their 10,000 SQUARE FOOT home, and replacing it with four 2500 square foot condos, each listed at 2.5M (they will live in one of them)

god bless

your friend should cash in her amazon stock and scoop one up

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

WaryWarren posted:

your friend should cash in her amazon stock and scoop one up

lmao

she did get a house, but she's not a computer toucher, she doesn't have anywhere near that kind of money

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

actionjackson posted:

god bless

a lot worse things rich people could do in the name of “legacy”

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

actionjackson posted:

god bless

This sounds like a recipe for bugfuck crazy neighbors and an HOA Kafka would be proud of.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Speleothing posted:

Because they're counting the (uninsulated?) attic as living space

I have one of these, it's got a pull-down staircase like in Christmas Vacation. A part of me wants to look into making it super neat / doing insulation. It looks like a previous owner did crazy short wave radio stuff up there, at least that's what my father in law tells me.

Apr 7, 2003

$176k but I'm really loving it for the piss ugliest rear shot of a house I've seen in my life

Built in 1910, clearly older houses aren't always prettier.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

$176k but I'm really loving it for the piss ugliest rear shot of a house I've seen in my life

actually that american foursquare is gorgeous and it would really benefit from a paint job

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Hubbert posted:

actually that american foursquare is gorgeous and it would really benefit from a paint job

Looks like really beat up vinyl to me. Can’t paint that

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Looks like really beat up vinyl to me. Can’t paint that

recladding then!!!

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
you could make a hella banksy comic out of that and just dare the local hoa to remove it

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

I'm the 1% slope of the whole structure

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Woodsy Owl posted:

I'm the 1% slope of the whole structure

its crazy how we have the ability to notice when things arent parallel so easily, i was thinking the same thing about the window at the top

Apr 7, 2003

Grognan posted:

you could make a hella banksy comic out of that and just dare the local hoa to remove it

there is no local HOA

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

:shepface:

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
20 million dollars for 300 tiny beds

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

why do so many idiots love The Worst Building Material

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Nm

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

capital desperate to convince people that the housing issue is technological - and not a fundamental scam of wealth concentration

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I just checked da Econ thread and bad news: housing is still unaffordable!

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Minecraft Holmes posted:

why do so many idiots love The Worst Building Material

Someone's not thinking like an innovator :rolleyes:

I bet you want to build houses out of wood and concrete and poo poo

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Paradoxish posted:

I bet you want to build houses out of [...] poo poo

Hmm, do I smell a disruptive idea? :monocle: