Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Neo Rasa posted:

Hard agree, especially since this is Star Wars, obviously his sister will turn out to be Bix.

"I always wished I'd not been an only child back on Ferrix."

"But you weren't! Don't you see? It turns out the brother you were seeking was inside you all along!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The twist is going to be Andor's sister looking for him after some big high-profile ISB manhunt. Like a giant WANTED poster tips her off.

GimpInBlack posted:

Val Kilmer's character in the movie was named "Madmartigan" and not "Mad Martigan" like "that crazy motherfucker Martigan."

Wait what? :psyduck:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

LividLiquid posted:

It pretty much has to, yeah.

I wonder if it's somehow related that the show is called "Andor" and not "Cassian Andor" or "Cassian."

andor is maarva's and clem's surname, not cassian's kenari surname (which we do not know i don't think)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

GimpInBlack posted:

Watching the Willow show with subtitles made me discover that it took over 30 years for me to realize that Val Kilmer's character in the movie was named "Madmartigan" and not "Mad Martigan" like "that crazy motherfucker Martigan."

So there's that.

It doesn't have to be two separate words to mean that, e.g. madman.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

GimpInBlack posted:

Watching the Willow show with subtitles made me discover that it took over 30 years for me to realize that Val Kilmer's character in the movie was named "Madmartigan" and not "Mad Martigan" like "that crazy motherfucker Martigan."

So there's that.

:o:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Chronojam posted:

The twist is going to be Andor's sister looking for him after some big high-profile ISB manhunt. Like a giant WANTED poster tips her off.

Wait what? :psyduck:

I mentioned elsewhere but for some reason I read the Willow novelization before I saw the movie, and was very taken aback by how toned-down and sanitized the movie's horror elements were from what I was expecting based on the text, but it did insulate me from thinking he was "Mad Martigan".

However I also remember TV ads for the toys/action figures and remember the announcer going "Mad Martigan!!" and I definitely suffered some confusion in the moment and thought it was a very silly name that must have been written in a script without thinking about how it would sound on screen. Like in Wheel of Time with 16 different words that all sound like damane, or a HHGTTG adaptation that tries to do the Jynnan'tonnyx joke

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Hope the other younglings got out okay

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Omega from our children's show isn't technically a child soldier, look, we gave her a way less practical weapon than the other guys.

Please do not further reflect on how our "accelerated maturation process" technically makes all clones child conscript soldiers.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Order 66 has gone from the Great Jedi Purge to just the Good Jedi Purge.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

karmicknight posted:

Order 66 has gone from the Great Jedi Purge to just the Good Jedi Purge.

Its still pretty good, even if theres 10 jedis kicking around the galaxy thats still like a 99.999% effective purge!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Bad batch huh? But didn't they just release the obi wan show :boom:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Omega from our children's show isn't technically a child soldier, look, we gave her a way less practical weapon than the other guys.

Please do not further reflect on how our "accelerated maturation process" technically makes all clones child conscript soldiers.

There was a bit in season 1 where one of the clones was explaining the concept of slavery to Omega and I was disappointed she didn't respond "oh, like us"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

There was a bit in season 1 where one of the clones was explaining the concept of slavery to Omega and I was disappointed she didn't respond "oh, like us"

The get right up to the line with it so many times. The Clone Wars ep where the PTSD amnesia clone winds up endentured to a domineering diner owner only to be reminded of who he is so he can be "freed" to die in the service of the Republic in one last blaze of glory.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Are you taking about Gregor? Or am I thinking of a different slightly demented clone?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Is that Wanda Sykes I heard in there?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Andor's sister being a loose thread is clearly just thematic fodder for when he has to choose between his old family and his new family.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
if andor were any good they should've used the khyber crystal luthen gave to cassian as the perfect secret doohickey to pull off the heist. that's called a time honored technique called chekov's gun.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Luthen also had the "never carry anything you don't control" line and then immediately gave andor that to carry around. Maybe it should have been a tracking device or something

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I mean it doesn't need to be a tracking device. Giving him the crystal gives Luthen leverage over Andor because they're highly sought after and if Andor did try to cut and run and sell the crystal it would be leave a trail.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
also Andor gave it back when he decided to cut and run, so maybe it was something more sinister but Andor going out of his way to square things away with Luthen prevented it from being relevant. (Except to show Cassian Andor as someone who is, despite the situation we found him for the first three episode, does not cheat people who have not wronged him)

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Jinnigan posted:

if andor were any good they should've used the khyber crystal luthen gave to cassian as the perfect secret doohickey to pull off the heist. that's called a time honored technique called chekov's gun.

you're thinking of star trek, and technically it's called a phaser

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
What film or tv show was it recently that had some plot device key or something similar that was a keepsake or memento that ended up being used to conduct electricity to trigger something...

oh nevermind it was the last loving jedi

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
lmao

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
BB8 jamming his head into the X-Wing to complete a circuit counts too.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R15uYFpeBG0

What's the announcer saying at the end? PARENTS: THE BAD BATCH.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

What's the announcer saying at the end? PARENTS: THE BAD BATCH.

they're assuming that the adults watching this trailer are parents to the target audience of the show and not grognards arguing about canon or willow or whatever

wrongly assuming

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Cross-Section posted:

they're assuming that the adults watching this trailer are parents to the target audience of the show and not grognards arguing about canon or willow or whatever

wrongly assuming

I'm both!

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Owlbear Camus posted:

I watched the first episode and the dialogue writing felt incredibly anachronistic in a twee Josh Wheedonesque way.

Yes I know it's fantasy so it's not technically anachronism and the original didn't go all in on King James Rennfaire English bit it's still very very grating.
Yeah, the dialogue is so bad it almost comes across as satirizing Wheedon, except it’s 100% earnest. And the rate at which they cram quips in is off the charts, while none of the jokes land.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Just rewatched Rogue One and I would love to know what the before and after Tony Gilroy came in to fix it looked like. There's a lot Krennic jetting from place to place to argue with cg characters that feels unnecessary, but that imperial infighting is also exactly Gilroy's poo poo.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Glimpse posted:

Just rewatched Rogue One and I would love to know what the before and after Tony Gilroy came in to fix it looked like. There's a lot Krennic jetting from place to place to argue with cg characters that feels unnecessary, but that imperial infighting is also exactly Gilroy's poo poo.

It's been mentioned a few times but the Going Rogue podcast has a shitload of detail about that kind of thing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Aw I love the new Willow show, it's so wholesome and adventuresome, the characters are all cute and kind and gay.

Willow looks loving great for... what, a 65 year old man?

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 8, 2022

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I want to like willow but the modern dialogue is super off putting and some the characters acting is flat.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

About 20 minutes into episode two, Elora Danara throws up on Willow. See, they're riding in a horse-drawn cart and she's a little motion sick. I turned it off right there.

I'm pretty sure I did the right thing but am willing to listen to compelling arguments.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
I liked the first two episodes but felt things really picked up in the third... Only for the final 15 minutes to be shot in twilight and nearly impossible to follow since everyone and everything looked the same.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

mllaneza posted:

About 20 minutes into episode two, Elora Danara throws up on Willow. See, they're riding in a horse-drawn cart and she's a little motion sick. I turned it off right there.

I'm pretty sure I did the right thing but am willing to listen to compelling arguments.

What's wrong with that? It was a cute little callback.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Whole lotta folks in here who clearly never played the Willow arcade game, tsk.

Liking the Dad Batch's brighter uniforms, they pop nicer. Which is a tad hypocritical of me given I'm head to toe in charcoal and grey right now but hey.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think Cassian Andor and his sister are the same person, who were combined into one being. His name isn't really Cassian Andor, it's "Cassie and Andor"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think Cassian Andor and his sister are the same person, who were combined into one being. His name isn't really Cassian Andor, it's "Cassie and Andor"

Or they lopped off their second name. They used to be Cassian and/or Cassandra.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Arc Hammer posted:

I mean it doesn't need to be a tracking device. Giving him the crystal gives Luthen leverage over Andor because they're highly sought after and if Andor did try to cut and run and sell the crystal it would be leave a trail.

That's what I was thinking when he gave it to him. If Andor hosed around or bailed on the heist or whatever Luthen could just put the word out that "hey this guy Clem/Cassian's gotta die, how will you find him? Easy, he's about to sell A $$$ KYBER CRYSTAL."

Right after the heist, I think Luthen was expecting Cassian to either immediately join the rebellion formally or to cut and run with the crystal. I think he genuinely didn't expect him to both play a huge tangible part in completing the job, AND not join the rebellion, AND also only take his share and have the crystal returned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

John Wick of Dogs posted:

This is going to tie into the World Between Worlds and create an All You Zombies situation.

Soon we’ll find out that Andor, his sister, Jyn, Crix Madine, the Stormtrooper who hit his head on the Death Star, and somehow Sheev and Captain Tarpals, are all the exact same being within the Force.