Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

If you add Tavish to that deck, he has a secret that will make two copies of a minion after it dies. Just saiyan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Excelzior posted:

tbh you dont need to run the big otk package anubrehkan and the armor package slot into the old ramp druid just fine and it dominates most dk variants

I'm not sure how it'll settle into the meta, but I'd unpacked a signature Anubrekhan and had been having a blast with this deck. I hit one guy with Brann>Anubrekhan>2x Astalor>Denathrius for almost 100 dmg. Feels like I'm dodging a lot of Pathwerks but it's been great fun.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Vampiric Blood is very silly

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

RatHat posted:

Vampiric Blood is very silly

I'd like to congratulate Blood DK for singlehandedly killing the traditional start-of-expansion aggro rush.

(Note: I don't actually know if aggro's dead, I just know it's a pain in the rear end to deal with if you're running an unoptimized aggro deck.)

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I'd like to congratulate Blood DK for singlehandedly killing the traditional start-of-expansion aggro rush.

(Note: I don't actually know if aggro's dead, I just know it's a pain in the rear end to deal with if you're running an unoptimized aggro deck.)

Blood control is just fun.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I was playing VS's Rager Priest against a Blood DK. Guy actually managed to survive through at least 30 Ragers, with 4 Vampiric Blood and so much lifesteal. I think I did at 120 to his face before running out of resources.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Here's a Disruption Warrior deck to prey on Blood DKs

### Disruption
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Call to the Stand
# 2x (1) Shield Slam
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Frozen Buckler
# 1x (3) Asvedon, the Grandshield
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Heavy Plate
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Shield Block
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 2x (3) Weapons Expert
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (4) Igneous Lavagorger
# 2x (4) Light of the Phoenix
# 2x (4) Onyxian Drake
# 2x (4) Outrider's Axe
# 2x (4) Rancor
# 1x (4) Smothering Starfish
# 2x (5) Brawl
# 2x (5) Disruptive Spellbreaker
# 1x (6) Captain Galvangar
# 1x (6) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (7) Rokara, the Valorous
# 2x (10) Shield Shatter
#
AAECAce+BQqm7wO8igSKpQSNtQSW1ASY1AS42QSX7wTMkgXipAUPlugDju0Dj+0D+IAE+YwE+owEiKAEiaAE0qwE784EjtQEmu8EnO8Ey5IFj5UFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It's pretty funny. Don't worry if you don't have Asvedon, he's honestly not very good.

Capped
Jun 21, 2005
I'm not sure if I just needed a break, but I found the last two metas to be incredibly boring and unfun while I'm having a blast with the first two days of the death knight meta. Running three decks: a modified version of the disruption warrior above by cutting renathal and a few other cards that I didn't have anyway, the aggro horde death knight, and a deathrattle rogue that is SUPER fun but unrefined.

### rattle and roll
# Class: Rogue
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 1x (0) Shadow of Demise
# 2x (1) Foul Egg
# 2x (1) Ghostly Strike
# 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
# 2x (1) Shattershambler
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Forsaken Lieutenant
# 2x (2) Rotten Rodent
# 2x (2) Serrated Bone Spike
# 2x (2) Wicked Stab (Rank 1)
# 2x (3) Sketchy Information
# 2x (3) Snowfall Graveyard
# 2x (4) Counterfeit Blade
# 2x (4) Scourge Illusionist
# 1x (5) Sinrunner
# 1x (8) Invincible
#
AAECAYO6AgSXoAT82wTMoAXfogUNqusD0/MDjfQD958E/KUEt7MEidIE49ME9d0En5MFoZMFoJkFwaEFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
ugh looknig at the death knight decks that are doing good and seeing it's a bunch of prince renethal bullshit stuffed with like fifteen neutral legendaries is making my eyes roll back into my head

I want to play a loving death knight not rando all-stars featuring some death knight cards

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I've only played enrage warrior yesterday and few matches today, and I've lost to 1 blood DK. I've also yet to play against frost or unholy DK's and a few other classes. Quite the expansion I must say.

Pump-Action Gerbil
Sep 13, 2000
Disco Lock is broken and hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VD2rimDHqU

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Just spent most of 20 minutes alt-tabbed out while a Rogue durdled around. I really wish there was a queue I could choose with a shorter turn timer

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

I can only hear this when I hear the Lich King event menu music. You're welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaFlJQGtBeM&t=35s

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Fun for the whole family!

### Reno Lich King
# Class: Death Knight
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Body Bagger
# 1x (1) Heart Strike
# 1x (1) Icy Touch
# 1x (1) Noxious Cadaver
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Hematurge
# 1x (2) Obliterate
# 1x (2) Vampiric Blood
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Asphyxiate
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Chillfallen Baron
# 1x (3) Nerubian Vizier
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (3) Soulbreaker
# 1x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 1x (4) Death Strike
# 1x (5) Blood Boil
# 1x (5) Corpse Explosion
# 1x (5) Deathbringer Saurfang
# 1x (5) Spammy Arcanist
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Gnome Muncher
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused
# 1x (6) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (7) Alexandros Mograine
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (7) Patchwerk
# 1x (7) The Curator
# 1x (8) Boneguard Commander
# 1x (8) Soulstealer
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (10) Raid Boss Onyxia
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAEBAfHhBCi5sgLfxAL8owORsQOW6AOm7wPQ+QOoigSljQSXoASlrQTlsATHsgTp0ASW1ASY1ASa1AS42QTq4wT04wT84wT94wT+4wSJ5ASU5ASJ5gSx5gS05gSP7QSX7wSk7wSE9gSH9gSy9wSz9wS+9wS2+gSrgAWogQWimQUAAA==
#

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

My opponent played a 20 corpse explosion into a board full of infectious ghouls and they just kept summoning each other. It was glorious.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

this deck fucks (up all of wild)

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

It looks like an archetype they've sometimes given bursts of support to over years of expansions has finally achieved Critical Mass.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

### arcayaya
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Ricochet Shot
# 2x (2) Arcane Quiver
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Conjured Arrow
# 1x (2) Emergency Maneuvers
# 1x (2) Explosive Trap
# 1x (2) Frenzied Fangs
# 1x (2) Motion Denied
# 2x (2) Rainbow Glowscale
# 1x (2) Raj Naz'jan
# 2x (2) Silvermoon Farstrider
# 1x (2) Snake Trap
# 2x (3) Ancient Krakenbane
# 1x (3) Dragonbane Shot
# 1x (3) Halduron Brightwing
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Shellshot
# 1x (3) Silvermoon Arcanist
# 1x (3) Stag Charge
# 2x (3) Treasure Guard
# 2x (4) Eversong Portal
# 1x (4) Spring the Trap
# 2x (4) Twinbow Terrorcoil
# 1x (5) Ara'lon
# 1x (5) Azure Drake
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (8) Collateral Damage
#
AAECAZ/DAxKpjQTbkQTinwTjnwSXoATBrASUtQSGyQSk1AS44wTT5ATU5ATD7QSX7wSwkgX5kgWdpAXipAULqp8Eh7cEyLcEgckEwNMEwdMEp5AFjZIFmpIFqpIFqZMFAA==
#

Not gonna pretend this isn't anything other than durdly silliness but I like it a lot more than Shockspitter because it has board and durdle to survive against other spell decks and still quite a bit of blowup if not 42 dmg brann combos. Feels a lot better than Naga Hunter was last week but that could easily just be everyone playing bad poo poo so eh.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

I like the comment somewhere about Cataclysm going from a boardclear with the downside of a full discard to a full discard with the downside of a boardclear.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Enjoying this set for no reason other than the amount of emotes I see when Patchwerk hits Denathrius

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

gently caress my Wild MMR is rising way, way too fast with this deck, gonna have to tank some games :lmao:

p sure I could beat my 31-2 record with Pirate Warrior with this deck, jesus

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Phoix posted:

Enjoying this set for no reason other than the amount of emotes I see when Patchwerk hits Denathrius

This happened to me earlier and it made me so mad lol

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I thought I was in the usual early-set predicament of having not having the cards for any new good decks but then I saw I could build Shockspitter Hunter and I'm having a good time with it. At first I misread the card and thought they powered up with hero powers rather than attacks, I wonder if that might be a nerf option because it forces you to use more mana.

victorious fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 8, 2022

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

The scourge shouldn't be in arena. It is easily one of the best cards ever.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

So are the opinions on the cashgrab DK miniset still 'meh just craft and use your gold on packs' or should i use the 2000 gold I've reserved on it? Seen at least one decklist with Forstmourne already and I imagine the tipping point for 'better value than 20 packs' is having to craft some of those legendaries and epics

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Blasmeister posted:

So are the opinions on the cashgrab DK miniset still 'meh just craft and use your gold on packs' or should i use the 2000 gold I've reserved on it? Seen at least one decklist with Forstmourne already and I imagine the tipping point for 'better value than 20 packs' is having to craft some of those legendaries and epics

If you want the cards the mini set is way better value to buy than to craft. You cannot get it in packs. 2000 gold is great value for the cards if you want them.

Obviously free is better but that's not on the table like it was with dh.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Fun new version of the surprise Doomsayer: I used the Shaman location to evolve a card, and turned it into Bonelord Frostwhisper, which my opponent was immediately able to kill.

I managed to get some big cards, like a free Denathrius, but they had counters to them. On my last turn they suddenly resigned! I wonder if it was something in real life calling them away, or if they gravely misinterpreted its effect.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

If you want the cards the mini set is way better value to buy than to craft. You cannot get it in packs. 2000 gold is great value for the cards if you want them.

Obviously free is better but that's not on the table like it was with dh.

Right but ‘will I want them?’ Is my question. People weren’t high on the more expensive to craft cards before, wondering if that’s changed or it’s still too soon to tell

kater
Nov 16, 2010

It hasn't changed.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
There's a Boar Druid deck with Oracle and the new resurrect-card :getin:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Yes, please leave my Brann on board and focus your attention on the Mograine I played along Brann on turn 10.

Let me just follow up with a Hematurge to get two chances at discovering another Mograine.

Oh, there he is.
Enjoy 12 face damage at the end of my turns going forward then.
Granted, this was a tremendously dumb misplay from my opponent, but Brann + triple Blood Rune with Mograine (and single blood rune Patchwerk :lol:) is :discourse:

Brann was super icky before, will they keep him in standard for another 4 months?
Knowing them, I'd wager they'll probably nerf Mograine first by adding a non-trivial corpse requirement.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Dec 8, 2022

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

aw frig aw dang it posted:

This happened to me earlier and it made me so mad lol

Same, but then the next game I had Patchwerk copied by a priest that played it with Envy. Fortunately his Patchwerk hit the original copy before Envy could steal it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

OMFG FURRY posted:

this deck fucks (up all of wild)

What deck tracker is being used here?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
So what will Theotar look like next? 11 cost? :)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
so uh DK Arena is absurdly OP

currently 8-1 and the only games that are even close are other DKs (and I am officially Very Bad At Arena)

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

LOLOL

### MechaDiscoLock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 2x (1) Malchezaar's Imp
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (2) Expired Merchant
# 2x (2) Tiny Knight of Evil
# 2x (3) Scourge Supplies
# 2x (3) Silverware Golem
# 2x (3) Suffocating Shadows
# 2x (3) Tome Tampering
# 2x (3) Walking Dead
# 2x (4) Cataclysm
# 2x (4) Fist of Jaraxxus
# 2x (5) Soul Barrage
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
# 1x (10) Mecha'thun
#
AAEBAcn1AgLx+wKPggMOzgfEFNSzAry2AvLQAs7pAv2kA7W5A+GgBPnYBPrYBJiSBaWSBauSBQA=
#

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I wish Asphxiate and Death Strike weren't designed so visiually similar to each other.
Sure, I could read the card title or text, but naah, let's lifesteal 6 off of that big juicy 10/10 taunt instead of killing it. :rolleyes:

Unrelated: This is such a bullshit combo

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Dec 8, 2022

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Boatswain posted:

There's a Boar Druid deck with Oracle and the new resurrect-card :getin:

:justpost:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

### Boar Druid
# Class: Druid
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (1) Elwynn Boar
# 2x (2) Chitinous Plating
# 2x (2) Jerry Rig Carpenter
# 1x (2) Living Seed (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 2x (3) Oracle of Elune
# 2x (4) Widowbloom Seedsman
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 2x (5) Spammy Arcanist
# 1x (5) Wildheart Guff
# 2x (6) Unending Swarm
# 2x (7) Underking
# 2x (8) Crypt Keeper
#
AAECAZICArbsA4mLBA7J9QPT+QOvgASwgASljQSunwTanwSuwASh1ATB3wS2mAW3mAW7mAW8mAUA
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/e0CrAhk1lK2jqj9JRaexw/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn

Julio Cruz posted:

so uh DK Arena is absurdly OP

currently 8-1 and the only games that are even close are other DKs (and I am officially Very Bad At Arena)

Weirdly it looks like DK is actually pretty bad in constructed? At least HSReplay shows all the archetypes with <50% winrates. If they have to buff it for constructed that'll make arena even more busted lol