Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

they made some improvements on who does the chores lol

I'm so far behind on this, but drat that's hilarious and also a little disturbing - those poor kids, having to bury their dead friends and family! haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Major Isoor posted:

I'm so far behind on this, but drat that's hilarious and also a little disturbing - those poor kids, having to bury their dead friends and family! haha

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Major Isoor posted:

lol I agree major

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im starting to read major isors posts in Err's voice from aqua teen

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Genning my 6th New World lol... this time, this time it won't be cursed

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
ok, THIS... THIS is the one!

Lets loving GO!!

The Final Evolution of our banners

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

loll

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Fell asleep listening to some Bible stories. I was having a wonderful dream about moving to some tropical island that doesn't exist. I was scoping it out showing my friends and family on google maps street view, and it was kind of funny because it was just a bunch of bikini women. Anyways, this island had a big mountain on it. Keep in mind Dwarf Fortress only been out 1 drat day..I was explaining how I was going to buy some land and live on this mountain when the dream started to morph into dwarf fortress view top down tile bullshit exactly like the game. I started going into the mountain and setting up my place. Just then a poo poo load of dwarf babies and migrants started over flowing my loving fort that just started. I got pissed off at that and rage quit, so I acutally woke up in real life. The youtube video had autoplayed to KJV translation of the entire book of Genesis. It was no poo poo on Genesis 5 where the birth lines come in. The So and So beget this person, he lived this long, etc. So my brain was listening to

...Seth lived after he begat Enos eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters:

8 And all the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years: and he died.

9 And Enos lived ninety years, and begat Cainan:..etc

and just processed it as dwarf names I guess because it honestly reads like in game DF text lmfao

----------------

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

insane anime posted:

Fell asleep listening to some Bible stories. I was having a wonderful dream about moving to some tropical island that doesn't exist. I was scoping it out showing my friends and family on google maps street view, and it was kind of funny because it was just a bunch of bikini women. Anyways, this island had a big mountain on it. Keep in mind Dwarf Fortress only been out 1 drat day..I was explaining how I was going to buy some land and live on this mountain when the dream started to morph into dwarf fortress view top down tile bullshit exactly like the game. I started going into the mountain and setting up my place. Just then a poo poo load of dwarf babies and migrants started over flowing my loving fort that just started. I got pissed off at that and rage quit, so I acutally woke up in real life. The youtube video had autoplayed to KJV translation of the entire book of Genesis. It was no poo poo on Genesis 5 where the birth lines come in. The So and So beget this person, he lived this long, etc. So my brain was listening to

...Seth lived after he begat Enos eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters:

and just processed it as dwarf names I guess because it honestly reads like in game DF text lmfao
(Not knowing what else to say) lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

insane anime posted:

Lmao

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I'm glad this thread and all the posts in it exist :D (especially Martman's Simpsons meme)

drat, it's really making me want to dive into Dwarf Fortress though... I might need to get it in the near future. Gotta clear a game or two out the backlog first though, I think

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

Major Isoor posted:

Larry Parrish posted:

Lmao

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 65 days!

insane anime posted:

Uncle Frank posted:

(Not knowing what else to say) lol

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

insane anime posted:

Major Isoor posted:

lmao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Major Isoor posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

I'm glad this thread and all the posts in it exist :D (especially Martman's Simpsons meme)

drat, it's really making me want to dive into Dwarf Fortress though... I might need to get it in the near future. Gotta clear a game or two out the backlog first though, I think

for what it's worth, I would be very interested to read about your fortress, Major

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol

insane anime posted:

lol badass

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

So far everything has been going well, except for a period of time when my pasture animals were constantly being attacked by agitated ravens, which chased them off the pasture. So my dwarves had to go out and bring the animals back while fending off the ravens. Eventually all the ravens were killed. Meanwhile, my fisherdwarf was depressed because he couldn't worship his god, so I built a church to the god. Unfortunately, he was a victim to the ravens and constantly has flashbacks about being attacked by ravens. Now his personality says "He doesn't care about anything anymore" and he remains unhappy.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
this run is going well

the gang so far

copy
Jul 26, 2007

hyped for that rokc mug

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

better believe i'm plantin seeds

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Love to cut wood and then store items in bins.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

all kids know today is drink, no job, and store item in stockpile

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Fungah! posted:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lol

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 65 days!
breathing toxic cave gas all day and then moseying upstairs to balance the books

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
One of the things I like to do is get really loving deranged playing dwarf fortress because I know the horrors this came can bring forth to my gang. So typically I like to log into ResetERA and browse the top threads, to get desensitized to madness... had to share today's

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

One of the things I like to do is get really loving deranged playing dwarf fortress because I know the horrors this came can bring forth to my gang. So typically I like to log into ResetERA and browse the top threads, to get desensitized to madness... had to share today's

its thursday night. i'm at a coffee shop playing i was a teenage exocolonist, the game awards start in 140 minutes, and at home my wife is pleasuring plumbob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted: