Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

This is extremely lovely

And remember, lots of crazy people with buttons

dont care

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

People with brain problems are fine, geez. Everyone has some to some degree.

... as long as everyone remembers that 1.) a person's mental illness is not anyone else's problem, and 2.) mental illness is not a substitute for a personality

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Manager Hoyden posted:

People with brain problems are fine, geez. Everyone has some to some degree.

... as long as everyone remembers that 1.) a person's mental illness is not anyone else's problem, and 2.) mental illness is not a substitute for a personality

yep to both

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Brawnfire posted:

Whomever was in charge of digitizing the Sanborn Fire Insurance maps from 1892: I wish you'd brushed off that bug or clump or whatever from the scanner before you started. Literally hundreds of scanned map documents and each one has a weird-shaped smudge in the middle.

Hi I do environmental site assessments for my job and I feel this post SO MUCH.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Tiggum posted:

Are you expecting them to get up at 5am just because their kids do? Small kids often wake up super early, and it's pretty common for parents to just let them get up and watch TV or play or whatever on their own, because no normal adult wants to get up that early.

Also, "so late" being midnight. :roflolmao:

I know you're just being a contrarian, but tbh going to bed at midnight is pretty late when you've got young kids, especially if the kids are early risers.

It's also a total dick move just to stay in bed and let your kids crash around the house waking everyone up.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The Perfect Element posted:

I know you're just being a contrarian, but tbh going to bed at midnight is pretty late when you've got young kids, especially if the kids are early risers.

It's also a total dick move just to stay in bed and let your kids crash around the house waking everyone up.

I still remember the days when I could stay up til 3 AM and be up at like 6 the next morning and be more or less functional.

Sort of.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I can remember staying out until 3 or 4am, sleeping for few hours, getting up and going to work for 8, coming home and taking an hour nap, and then going out and doing it again. That was in my 20s.

Now if I don't get at least 7 hours of quality sleep, I'm pretty much worthless the next day.

Yeah, I'm at the age that Midnight is "so late." Actually it's more like 11.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MightyJoe36 posted:

I can remember staying out until 3 or 4am, sleeping for few hours, getting up and going to work for 8, coming home and taking an hour nap, and then going out and doing it again. That was in my 20s.

Now if I don't get at least 7 hours of quality sleep, I'm pretty much worthless the next day.

Yeah, I'm at the age that Midnight is "so late." Actually it's more like 11.

If I stay up past 9:30 my roommate starts making fun of my sleepy rear end and starts asking if I'm going to be a big boy.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

docbeard posted:

I still remember the days when I could stay up til 3 AM and be up at like 6 the next morning and be more or less functional.

Sort of.

I'm still barely in the range where 3 hours of sleep lets me be functional and decently alert. 5 hours leaves me fuckin worthless for the first few hours of wakefulness until I get my rear end in gear. It's the worst.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

If I stay up past 9:30 my roommate starts making fun of my sleepy rear end and starts asking if I'm going to be a big boy.

9:30 used the be about the time I started getting ready to go out. Now it's the time I start getting ready for bed. :corsair:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

9:30 is when my kids finally are both asleep after starting bedtime at 7:30, and then I desperately try to do the fifteen things I want to do in the fading light of my consciousness

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Goons be aging, drat.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I know you're just being a contrarian
I'm not.

but tbh going to bed at midnight is pretty late when you've got young kids
It wasn't the parents of the young children calling midnight "so late". The parents are the ones who are still up at that time.

What, so the parents should get up as well? How would that help?

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

docbeard posted:

Sort of.

I’m 37 and I can still do this.

I’m not looking forward to the day when it all finally catches up with me though.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I wasn’t going to respond because it’s Tiggum.

Yeah I’m calling it late. He’s not because “the parents are still up so it’s not late for them.” If you can’t wake up when your young kids in the next room over are jumping all over the room and rolling chairs and you still don’t wake up, you go to sleep too late to deal with their poo poo.

It’s your kids, you have to parent them.

Tiggum posted:

What, so the parents should get up as well? How would that help?

I didn’t go to them, because I’m not their parents. My parents (their grandparents) had to deal with it.

The Black Stones has a new favorite as of 02:41 on Dec 8, 2022

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
PYF Pet Peeves; I wasn’t going to respond because it’s Tiggum.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I put on this Netflix show 1899 out of curiosity and it has that type of title sequence with the sculptures and the swarm of particles that seemingly every other drama has these days. It's a very distinct style and it's just getting stale quick.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

I put on this Netflix show 1899 out of curiosity and it has that type of title sequence with the sculptures and the swarm of particles that seemingly every other drama has these days. It's a very distinct style and it's just getting stale quick.

Speaking of getting stale, the ending of 1899. God I'm tired of the wet fart endings of: they were on a space ship the whole time!!!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I may end up reading that spoiler and giving up. I'm partway through a second episode and the cliches keep piling up

The theme song is a dramatic version of "White Rabbit", how creatively bankrupt can you be? It's like someone saw every lovely mystery box trailer and said "we can do all these things, exactly this way"

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I work remotely most days. I use a TFA app on my phone when I sign into the office network. It used to be that I could just open the notification the app sent and tap "accept" right from there. All of a sudden that stopped working, so I have to actually open the stupid app and click "accept" there. Except whatever brain genius in charge of the UI swapped the positions of the accept and deny buttons. If you open it from the notification, the accept button is on the left, but if you open the app, it's on the right!

I haven't yet screwed this up and rejected my TFA, but I just know one of these days I'm going to! And the extra step kinda makes me start my work day low-key pissed off.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Brawnfire posted:

I may end up reading that spoiler and giving up. I'm partway through a second episode and the cliches keep piling up

The theme song is a dramatic version of "White Rabbit", how creatively bankrupt can you be? It's like someone saw every lovely mystery box trailer and said "we can do all these things, exactly this way"

White Rabbit, Sympathy For the Devil, and Where is My Mind are three songs I'd like to just not show up in movies anymore please

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

The whole "goblin mode" thing confuses me. It's just being a disgusting toddler. That's it. That's the whole concept. It's not something to be proud of. Why are people proud of this

Also due to this gross situation I believe the old goon cave threads should be resurrected and each picture celebrated in this new context

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Manager Hoyden posted:

The whole "goblin mode" thing confuses me. It's just being a disgusting toddler. That's it. That's the whole concept. It's not something to be proud of. Why are people proud of this

Also due to this gross situation I believe the old goon cave threads should be resurrected and each picture celebrated in this new context

Thankfully, I don't know what this is.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Manager Hoyden posted:

Goblin mode is a removing of the shame associated with being dressed comfortably and indulging in your vices of sleeping, eating badly and watching tv or playing games.

It is good as an occasional way of being. Going goblin mode for a weekend. But the danger is that slobs, depressed folks and chuds will all see this as a glorification of their persistent lifestyle.

I'm on side for flipping the bird to social norms and not feeling like you have to show up to the office dressed like you're going to a wedding. But I do understand that some people will inevitably take this too far.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Indolent Bastard posted:

Goblin mode is a removing of the shame associated with being dressed comfortably and indulging in your vices of sleeping, eating badly and watching tv or playing games.

It is good as an occasional way of being. Going goblin mode for a weekend. But the danger is that slobs, depressed folks and chuds will all see this as a glorification of their persistent lifestyle.

I'm on side for flipping the bird to social norms and not feeling like you have to show up to the office dressed like you're going to a wedding. But I do understand that some people will inevitably take this too far.

What you're describing is called "relaxing". There has never been a social taboo against it. I'm not sure what chuds have to do with it though

I mean I get why people who can't function in the real world want internet points for their inability to function in the real world. It's a natural fit. But again, it is something to pity or revile, depending on whether the person is depressed or just lazy to the point of disgusting

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010

credburn posted:

White Rabbit, Sympathy For the Devil, and Where is My Mind are three songs I'd like to just not show up in movies anymore please

A great thing about Dark is that the soundtrack is almost all pop songs from European artists that are relatively obscure in the US (other than Peter Gabriel and, ugh, Rick Astley). To my American ears they sounded exotic.

Maybe 1899 feels the same way for Europeans but it seems a lot less exciting to me after growing up hearing this stuff all the time.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

MightyJoe36 posted:

Thankfully, I don't know what this is.

I'd never heard this term either. I saw a few others say this on another platform, to which someone responded, "Yeah well you're all probably in your 30s or 40s."

Well, that's not inaccurate.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Manager Hoyden posted:

What you're describing is called "relaxing". There has never been a social taboo against it.

Hahaha bull. poo poo.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hahaha bull. poo poo.

Lol sure okay

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

credburn posted:

I'd never heard this term either. I saw a few others say this on another platform, to which someone responded, "Yeah well you're all probably in your 30s or 40s."

Well, that's not inaccurate.

I love when "you must not be a literal child" is somehow used as a burn

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Google's piece of poo poo 'Oh? Feature/Project X isn't the most popular thing in the world? Off to the graveyard!' philosophy.
I really loved the schedule explorer in google maps, because it made it super easy and convenient to compare and check multiple different options/routes and departure times.
This thing:

You could just instantly see every relevant departure for your search, and see the earlier and later ones without having to re-do your search and adding/removing 5 min just to see other departures.

But hey, apparently every single app/site has to be chopped down to the barest minimum of features to maintain at the expense of usability.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Google start page, Google reader, and Google discussion search are the ones I miss

If Google makes it, it is going to be abandoned. Hardware, software, doesn't matter. I'm halfway suspicious they are going to drop Gmail since the personal data they harvest from phones is way more profitable some archaic text from the old days

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I managed mapping quotations from books to their MLA citation for high school papers using Google Notes. It got rolled into Docs extraordinarily poorly (everything dumped to a single doc, plain text) and died

And yet somehow Google Talk conversations from when I was a literal child are still archived and searchable on my Gmail. It's not creepy at all

Internally, Google rewards starting new projects, but not maintaining them. That's why they keep replacing products with worse versions of the same product under a different name

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Here's a list of things that annoy the hell out of me working at a 7-11

1) Kids paying with wet money. Why is it always wet? How does it get wet? How do so many kids have wet money?!
2) Kids just dump a loving plastic bag full of nickels, pennies and cigarette butts on the counter and wait for me to count it
3) "I forgot to bring money." Well, I guess you can't loving pay for it, then! You can't just have it for free because you forgot your loving money. Why are you standing there? What are you waiting for?!
4) People who shove the card into the reader again and again and again and again while it beeps madly because they shouldn't be shoving it in like that in the first place and doing it repeatedly doesn't make it work
5) "It was a different price yesterday!" Prices change, fucker. They change all the loving time.
6) People who expect me to break a hundred dollar bill so they can buy a three dollar hot dog. I have like twenty dollars max in the till at any loving time, and if I have more than that, I have to deposit it in a safe.
7) Kids tossing around slurs. gently caress, I mean, I know said some poo poo when I was a kid but gently caress these kids are horrifying.
8) Guys who for some reason need to tell me a racist or antisemitic joke just before leaving.
9) People who grab a few things, and dump it all on the counter while they go shop more. I have to shove all your loving poo poo aside so I can help all the other customers you loving dick.
10) People who pay with exact loving change. There are eight loving people in line, just give me a loving five dollar bill, you don't need it to be exactly loving $4.97.
11) "You used to carry it!!! :mad:" Well gently caress man, we don't now. What am I supposed to do? What are you expecting of me? I can do little more than apologize but you seem to be waiting for me to do more.
12) "Can you go in the back and see if you have..." when there are a loving dozen people in line. Yeah man, the Four Loko ran out, yes I am sure, no I'm not going to go double-check jesus loving christ
13) Complaints about the food. It's a 7-11. I shove food into a box and it beeps when it's done. Your expectations are absurd if you think any of this is going to be worth the money you paid.
14) People who ask me to cook their pizza/cheeseburger/buffalo wings in some complex loving way when there are fifteen loving people in line. I put thing in box it beep you eat!
15) "You're required by law to blah blah blah" there's no law that says I have to serve you or count your loving cans or let you use the phone or restroom or anything.
16) "My mom didn't tell me the PIN." Well gently caress, kid, call your mom or get the gently caress out.
17) "There are homeless people sleeping outside!" So loving what? Did they accost you? Or even talk to you at all? Sorry these people who have nothing offend you by their existence.
18) "I used to work at a 7-11," followed by someone telling me how to do my job. gently caress you, every store is different, run by different people with different rules and expectations.
19) It annoys me how there are a dozen colloquial terms for different cigarettes. It really just annoys me because I don't smoke, don't know much about cigarettes, and when someone tells me they want a "box," it's unclear if they want a carton or a pack, and when I ask, they point, and say slowly and extremely condescendingly "Marlboro. Red. King. In a box." A "king" is the same thing as a "short," which are different than the short cigarettes, which have their own unique branded names. "Black on green" is what they say when they talk about a particular Camel product that has green text on a black background, which is the reverse of "black on green" but I guess I'm the loving idiot for asking for clarification.
20) People who stand way over by the hot dogs and expect me to, I don't know, go to them and take their order? You can't have it until you pay for it, so come over here and tell me what you want.
21) Heroin addicts nodding out at the loving counter while trying to buy a lottery ticket.
22) People who dump a pile of half-scratched lottery tickets on the counter, expecting me to finish scratching away to reveal the barcode and then scan each one of the tickets, none of which are loving winners anyway.
23) "Cook me a fresh batch of buffalo wings." Fucker the buffalo wings in the display are minutes old, just loving eat the wings, they're exactly the loving same.
24) People who ask me to cook them a pizza, but then say to assist other customers first. How many should I assist before I get to your pizza? I get you're trying to be polite but the line of customers does not end. Everything is in a sequence. If you order a pizza I'm cooking a pizza and everyone else can wait fifteen seconds for me to do it. I'm not going to serve a customer, then another, then another, then another and check in with you to see if the time is right to go ahead and cook your loving pizza.
25) People who in the middle of the line shout I'M JUST BUYING _____ ! and then try to throw money at me. gently caress you, I can't sell it unless it's scanned, and the prices change all the loving time, and I don't even know if the money you're throwing at me is the right amount, and you're also interrupting and halting the flow of transactions so just loving have some loving patience or leave!
26) People who ride their bikes in the store. loving hell, guys
27) A lot of customers wear masks. A lot of customers are really loving upset about this and want to let everyone know how stupid mask-wearing sheep are. Sorry this guy with a loving cold is trying not to get you sick, sorry that impedes your freedoms somehow you loving asshelmet.
28) People blasting music from their phones when they come in.
29) Car alarm begins the moment they step into the store and does not end until they get back in it.
30) People taking their loving time, and then don't get to the counter before 2 AM to buy alcohol, and get real loving mad about it. I can't manipulate the time in the register; I cannot sell you this alcoholic drink. It is literally beyond my capabilities.

By the way, I'm super polite and friendly to everyone. I don't think a single person would say I wasn't extremely kind and reasonable. I keep all this bottled up inside until I can hit the Forums.

credburn has a new favorite as of 03:59 on Dec 10, 2022

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I did graveyard at a Circle K for just long enough to lose my mind. I feel each and every one of those.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah my roommate used to work at a gas station and I'm pretty sure she had a similar list.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019
I don't know what kind of climate you're in, but here the money is always wet because it's sweat. People will carry their money in any possible ridiculous way other than putting it in a wallet. Some of the convenience and liquor stores have to put up signs on the counter during summer saying they won't accept wet money because it's so common.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
People who don't pick up their dog's poops. There are four hot piles of hot dog poo poo within ten seconds of walking distance of three separate, stocked poop bag dispensers at the bottom of our apartment's stairs. There are public trash cans so you can leave the grossness to public employees if you like. Just pick up after your goddam dog. It ain't hard.

Special shout out to the neighbours who constantly let their dogs out without a leash. Almost every day, they chase me on my morning run. The dude inevitably does the dumbass "oh woops sorry, come, no, come, heel, HEEL, sorry, come, no, sorry they never do this, god dude why you so mean to my precious puppos?" The wife is at least embarrassed when she does it.

Dude, no, they always do this because you are a lovely pet owner risking your dogs' lives for convenience. Saying "no" isn't training a dog. They do not speak english, and it's pretty drat likely they'll meet a driver instead of my pedestrian rear end eventually. Feel bad, because it's not their fault, it's y'alls.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Not really a peeve, I just wanted to share my horrifying damp cash story.

About 15 years or so ago I worked at a place that sold drug paraphernalia and sex toys, and we had single use condoms and packets of lube that the local working girls would come in to pick up (apparently johns like to pretend they are the only one for the night) so I got to know a lot of them pretty well.

One night one of the girls who came in 3-4 times a night was late, and when she finally came in was stocking up to party, not work, so she needed a larger wad of cash than normal. She sticks her hand in her crotch, pulls out a wad of visibly damp 20s, and when she sees my face as she offers it goes "don't worry, its not damp from that"

First time I ever understood people who handle cash with rubber gloves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

credburn posted:

Here's a list of things that annoy the hell out of me working at a 7-11

1) Kids paying with wet money. Why is it always wet? How does it get wet? How do so many kids have wet money?!
2) Kids just dump a loving plastic bag full of nickels, pennies and cigarette butts on the counter and wait for me to count it
3) "I forgot to bring money." Well, I guess you can't loving pay for it, then! You can't just have it for free because you forgot your loving money. Why are you standing there? What are you waiting for?!
4) People who shove the card into the reader again and again and again and again while it beeps madly because they shouldn't be shoving it in like that in the first place and doing it repeatedly doesn't make it work
5) "It was a different price yesterday!" Prices change, fucker. They change all the loving time.
6) People who expect me to break a hundred dollar bill so they can buy a three dollar hot dog. I have like twenty dollars max in the till at any loving time, and if I have more than that, I have to deposit it in a safe.
7) Kids tossing around slurs. gently caress, I mean, I know said some poo poo when I was a kid but gently caress these kids are horrifying.
8) Guys who for some reason need to tell me a racist or antisemitic joke just before leaving.
9) People who grab a few things, and dump it all on the counter while they go shop more. I have to shove all your loving poo poo aside so I can help all the other customers you loving dick.
10) People who pay with exact loving change. There are eight loving people in line, just give me a loving five dollar bill, you don't need it to be exactly loving $4.97.
11) "You used to carry it!!! :mad:" Well gently caress man, we don't now. What am I supposed to do? What are you expecting of me? I can do little more than apologize but you seem to be waiting for me to do more.
12) "Can you go in the back and see if you have..." when there are a loving dozen people in line. Yeah man, the Four Loko ran out, yes I am sure, no I'm not going to go double-check jesus loving christ
13) Complaints about the food. It's a 7-11. I shove food into a box and it beeps when it's done. Your expectations are absurd if you think any of this is going to be worth the money you paid.
14) People who ask me to cook their pizza/cheeseburger/buffalo wings in some complex loving way when there are fifteen loving people in line. I put thing in box it beep you eat!
15) "You're required by law to blah blah blah" there's no law that says I have to serve you or count your loving cans or let you use the phone or restroom or anything.
16) "My mom didn't tell me the PIN." Well gently caress, kid, call your mom or get the gently caress out.
17) "There are homeless people sleeping outside!" So loving what? Did they accost you? Or even talk to you at all? Sorry these people who have nothing offend you by their existence.
18) "I used to work at a 7-11," followed by someone telling me how to do my job. gently caress you, every store is different, run by different people with different rules and expectations.
19) It annoys me how there are a dozen colloquial terms for different cigarettes. It really just annoys me because I don't smoke, don't know much about cigarettes, and when someone tells me they want a "box," it's unclear if they want a carton or a pack, and when I ask, they point, and say slowly and extremely condescendingly "Marlboro. Red. King. In a box." A "king" is the same thing as a "short," which are different than the short cigarettes, which have their own unique branded names. "Black on green" is what they say when they talk about a particular Camel product that has green text on a black background, which is the reverse of "black on green" but I guess I'm the loving idiot for asking for clarification.
20) People who stand way over by the hot dogs and expect me to, I don't know, go to them and take their order? You can't have it until you pay for it, so come over here and tell me what you want.
21) Heroin addicts nodding out at the loving counter while trying to buy a lottery ticket.
22) People who dump a pile of half-scratched lottery tickets on the counter, expecting me to finish scratching away to reveal the barcode and then scan each one of the tickets, none of which are loving winners anyway.
23) "Cook me a fresh batch of buffalo wings." Fucker the buffalo wings in the display are minutes old, just loving eat the wings, they're exactly the loving same.
24) People who ask me to cook them a pizza, but then say to assist other customers first. How many should I assist before I get to your pizza? I get you're trying to be polite but the line of customers does not end. Everything is in a sequence. If you order a pizza I'm cooking a pizza and everyone else can wait fifteen seconds for me to do it. I'm not going to serve a customer, then another, then another, then another and check in with you to see if the time is right to go ahead and cook your loving pizza.
25) People who in the middle of the line shout I'M JUST BUYING _____ ! and then try to throw money at me. gently caress you, I can't sell it unless it's scanned, and the prices change all the loving time, and I don't even know if the money you're throwing at me is the right amount, and you're also interrupting and halting the flow of transactions so just loving have some loving patience or leave!
26) People who ride their bikes in the store. loving hell, guys
27) A lot of customers wear masks. A lot of customers are really loving upset about this and want to let everyone know how stupid mask-wearing sheep are. Sorry this guy with a loving cold is trying not to get you sick, sorry that impedes your freedoms somehow you loving asshelmet.
28) People blasting music from their phones when they come in.
29) Car alarm begins the moment they step into the store and does not end until they get back in it.
30) People taking their loving time, and then don't get to the counter before 2 AM to buy alcohol, and get real loving mad about it. I can't manipulate the time in the register; I cannot sell you this alcoholic drink. It is literally beyond my capabilities.

By the way, I'm super polite and friendly to everyone. I don't think a single person would say I wasn't extremely kind and reasonable. I keep all this bottled up inside until I can hit the Forums.

You deserve a medal for being extremely kind and reasonable. Both of my sons worked at a Speedway once. My older son, after serving for 3 years in Iraq, was robbed at gunpoint and quit right after.

His younger brother lasted a month at a different Speedway and walked off the job when the previous shift left all the stuff that was unloaded from the truck sitting there and clocked out and went home.

I worked in a gas station in the 70s myself and that was a different kind of hell.