Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
I like the implication that you can just have a card made up of yourself (or whomever) and it's perfectly valid. Like Sucrose's could be a perfectly sensible gift from her akademia friend, but kaeya just got cards of himself and diluc made and is just dropping them all over, fischl absolutely would request a card made of herself, and random people in town get cards of themselves for whatever reason.

frajaq posted:

The dice rolls need to be faster lol

This would be nice. Eventually I'll get to touch it on pc, but on ps there's vaguely adequate controls; the most annoying one is that you can only just hit ○ to end your turn if you're looking at your hand, otherwise you've got to nudge the cursor to an open area first.

There's also the annoying overscan thing where the game doesn't follow the system's safe area settings. Normally this isn't an issue, but for the card ui stuff gets cut off, most annoyingly the little dice display in the top right. Can't really see it unless I'm picking a skill or something that expands that panel.

It's also rather annoying that leaving the card game requires reloading the whole world, which means waiting a bit after the load screen is gone before people repopulate the world so you can read their "oh i lost" line.

Excelzior posted:

archon quest : what did everyone rename Scaramouche and why was it always RhettCaan?

I've seen some of this on twitter and I'm curious: is that a permanent thing? I'd hate to name him 'whiny rear end in a top hat' (not that it would let me) and then have him stuck with whatever stupid bullshit I put in forever, especially if it actually applies to him if you fish him out of the gacha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Definitely save for Raiden. I have most of the 5 stars, he's fun but also *extremely* reliant on having a dedicated team because his gameplay is very fragile since he has no poise during flight mode.

the dedicated team of 'running any shielder in the game'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zenostein posted:

I've seen some of this on twitter and I'm curious: is that a permanent thing? I'd hate to name him 'whiny rear end in a top hat' (not that it would let me) and then have him stuck with whatever stupid bullshit I put in forever, especially if it actually applies to him if you fish him out of the gacha.
he's wanderer in gameplay/menus but he uses the name you gave him in the teapot. unsure about his character quest

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Zenostein posted:

It is permanent.

You get one do-over, and only one.

It does apply to the playable one.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Endorph posted:

he's wanderer in gameplay/menus but he uses the name you gave him in the teapot. unsure about his character quest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZjWHs4utg8 suggests it does seem to be reflected in the party list?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Well, guess I'll keep that in mind for whenever I get around to it.

Also lmao at mid-air hitstun.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MarquiseMindfang posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZjWHs4utg8 suggests it does seem to be reflected in the party list?

oh really? dang i heard he wasnt.

yeah give him a name you can actually live with then.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Endorph posted:

oh really? dang i heard he wasnt.

yeah give him a name you can actually live with then.

I have literally been staring at the relevant screen for hours. This choice has completely paralysed me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I have literally been staring at the relevant screen for hours. This choice has completely paralysed me.
just be like a kid making a naruto oc and look up japanese names and pick one you like ig

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

just be like a kid making a naruto oc and look up japanese names and pick one you like ig
I used a term from Buddhist philosophy, like a really pretentious kid making a Naruto OC.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

looking it up, heres a few tips on the renaming

He won't accept Scaramouche, Balladeer, or Kunikuzushi. This refers to exactly these words, so you can name him Scara or Kuni or whatever.
He won't accept any of the other playable character's names.
He won't accept any of the other Fatui's names, or Paimon's.
He will accept the same name as your Traveler, and actually comment on it. ('You want to share your name with me? Heh, not bad')

After naming him, you'll get a key item that lets you rename him once.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I'm considering trying Katheryne

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I think I'm going with Noscar.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I apologize for hyping Faruzan. She kind of sucks and my best Scara team so far is Bennett/Yelan/Zhongli (such teambuilding skill). I guess Faruzan would really like either C6 or anemo albedo to get more value out of her debuffs/have an easier time batterying her stupid expensive burst. Not great to have a stationary cube you rely on when Wanderer's mechanics involve dashing all over the place.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Dec 8, 2022

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Re: Wanderer and the Archon quest, the only sensible name is Fuujin, the wind/storm god counterpart to Raiden :pseudo:

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Asimo posted:

Re: Wanderer and the Archon quest, the only sensible name is Fuujin, the wind/storm god counterpart to Raiden :pseudo:

Personally I'm leaning towards Mercury, to continue the Bohemian Rhapsody references. I somehow think being named "Raiden's brother" would annoy him.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Personally I'm leaning towards Mercury, to continue the Bohemian Rhapsody references. I somehow think being named "Raiden's brother" would annoy him.

the first thing i thought of was it's gotta be "Makoto <given name>" assuming that fits, because i'm not NOT using this opportunity to troll the little poo poo by reminding him where he came from

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

the first thing i thought of was it's gotta be "Makoto <given name>" assuming that fits, because i'm not NOT using this opportunity to troll the little poo poo by reminding him where he came from

A good choice and what I might go for since I'm sure Bag With Which One Douches won't be allowed

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Asimo posted:

You can't just steal venti's name like that. It's rude, even if he wouldn't care.

Tempted to go with "nobody", just as a reminder. Maybe be 'clever' and use nanashi.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Per spoiler chat: I went with "Daniel". For some reason I find the idea of making the Inazuman rude boy with the big hat walk around Fantasy Asia (and Germany) with a very boring Western name exceedingly funny. Although, for irony points I did choose one that means roughly "god has judged me".

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I'm not getting the wanderer since I'm saving for Raiden. But, if I did he'd be Floaty McFloatface because let's run this poo poo into the ground.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

My dream has always been Nagito Komaeda in genshin. Today I make that a reality.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Along similar lines, I named him "Anitya", after "impermanence". Bit of a jab at Raiden too, I guess, but I'm sure she can take it. She's put up with Miko for this long.

Since he's working for Nahida now, it seemed fitting to use the Sanskrit word instead of the Japanese one.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Rexxed posted:

I'm not getting the wanderer since I'm saving for Raiden. But, if I did he'd be Floaty McFloatface because let's run this poo poo into the ground.

You name him no matter what, it's an Archon quest. Also no spaces allowed, I tried to name him Sol Badguy but was denied.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Man. One of the duellists in Liyue gets locked out by what appears to be Yelan's entire Story Quest. And because he's just an NPC out in the world, he doesn't get priority back after each step in the chain like another quest in your log would.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Tae posted:

You name him no matter what, it's an Archon quest. Also no spaces allowed, I tried to name him Sol Badguy but was denied.

Ah, good to know, I'm behind since I've been levelling up dueling everyone in the genius invokation TCG.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I havent started the archon quest yet (that'll probably wait til the weekend) but I'm thinking Douchenocchio unless it manages to turn my opinion of him right round

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

apparently he is even squishier than klee? lol
xingqiu's interrupt resist + flying all the time can definitely help but rip if you get hit

Yeah, you're very fragile. I was using Yelan (in a Wanderer/Yelan/Xiangling/Bennett team) but might switch to Xingqiu for this reason. It's a tough call since I have C1 on Yelan and she's absurdly good with it (and I have an amazing set of HP-focused artifacts for her).

That being said, you can avoid most stuff fairly reliably, outside of bosses with frequent hard to avoid attacks, since your in-air dodge moves you a lot and he has ranged attacks. Still tempting to stick a shielder in the team, though.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I was running him in a friendship-ish team with Layla and he felt much better to me with her shield. I am bad at dodging.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Asimo posted:

Get it? Because he's both your Pokemon-esq rival, as well as being literally blue. Har har har.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

gonna name him Shinji

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Tae posted:

Definitely save for Raiden. I have most of the 5 stars, he's fun but also *extremely* reliant on having a dedicated team because his gameplay is very fragile since he has no poise during flight mode.

I don't know what you're talking about, the knockback when something hits him during his skill seems entirely reasonable:

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Do not use Wanderer to farm his own artifacts without a shield, is a piece of advice I can give.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

This tcg is making me interested again, how painful is it to get over to sumeru to start finding thingamajigs for wanderer? Youtube thinks he's trash (like always with a released character), he seems fine/pretty cool for an anemo driver?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

This tcg is making me interested again, how painful is it to get over to sumeru to start finding thingamajigs for wanderer? Youtube thinks he's trash (like always with a released character), he seems fine/pretty cool for an anemo driver?
Getting to sumeru is easy. Just walk there. His mats are a bit of a nuisance because they spawn all spread out and hidden. He's not Kazuha Yelan or Nahida so he's terrible and unplayable.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

you can just walk over to sumeru, its not blocked off like inazuma was. wanderer seems decent, much better than xiao and xiao is playable.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shoutout to this tier list with tartag in the same tier as kazuha/nahida and klee in the same tier as fischl. youtubes grasp of the meta is incredible

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If your tier list doesn't have everyone in S for early game you cannot be trusted

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Fischl not in S tier is stupid, especially putting her below Keqing. Like I love Keqing a lot, but Fischl is who makes aggravate work on a level even remotely comparable to hyperbloom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I mean the xingqiu placement. What else needs to be said.