Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Luther has cared about Mac in his own way. He tried to get them tickets to the baseball hall of Fame, but that violated his parole. Then he left a letter for Mac saying he loves him but needs his space. If anything, I think him just walking away when mac comes out to him seems off.

Mac's relationship with his father has changed a lot since seasons 3 and 4, kind of hard to overcome your son outing you as a rat when you're in prison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I rewatched The Gang Squashes Their Beef the other day for Thanksgiving. Do any of the people (aside from Cricket) they lock inside the burning apartment ever show up again? So the McPoyles, Gail the Snail, Frank and Charlie's landlord, Bill Ponderosa and "Bruce Mathis"? It just occurred to me, lol.

Gail the Snail was in the Boggs Reboot episode a few years ago. Hwang was back in the first person Frank episode.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Party Boat posted:

Hwang (the landlord) is also in the Frank POV episode eating a snakemeat sandwich with him

My favorite thing was Frank being like you loving creepy weirdo, you would eat snakemeat and choke, idiot. Then he steals the sandwich, eats it, and chokes himself. Frankiest Frank moment ever.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

We're all Mac down here

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

CPColin posted:

We're all Mac down here

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Think Hulu is going to pull 2020: A Year in Review? Don't think the final punchline of who "our guy" is is going to land anymore.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

oh jay posted:

Think Hulu is going to pull 2020: A Year in Review? Don't think the final punchline of who "our guy" is is going to land anymore.

if anything it lands harder now

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Doubt that Hulu is going to pull an episode because the gang was backing Kanye West. That would be a crazy precedent to set for any TV network / streaming service.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Presumably he gets royalties for Gold Digger playing over the credits, though I'm actually completely ignorant about how that kind of stuff actually works.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

oh jay posted:

There's an episode where Frank talks about how he was in business with Epstein and even went to the island (just for snorkeling), I don't think "the Gang supported Kanye's presidential bid when he was less off his rocker" is that bad.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Doubt that Hulu is going to pull an episode because the gang was backing Kanye West. That would be a crazy precedent to set for any TV network / streaming service.

Because of the implication?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

will Rob allow his love of NFTs to seep into Always Sunny and ruin the new season like he did Mythic quest s3, my column:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Have Mac completely destitute next season because he lost all his money on crypto

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
https://twitter.com/dickblimp/status/1599159423754043392?t=tc7SoatjKSq6lAd2X3MfIA&s=19

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
By the way, who are we doing this thread versus?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

they recorded an episode of the podcast with Danny now !!!!!!!! heck yeah

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
did they supply him with saltines and a bag of lemon wedges

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
from reddit:

quote:

I forgot to take my prazosin the other night and had a dream that Danny was a surprise guest on the podcast. Meg was having all the guys sample pies for Thanksgiving and- without warning or explanation- Danny ran into the room, scarfed down one of the pies and ran back out. Then Meg said that that’s all Danny had agreed to do on the podcast and that he wouldn’t be back again.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
TWO?! PIES?!

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

quote:

Then Meg said that that’s all Danny had agreed to do on the podcast and that he wouldn’t be back again.

Well, we all know that Danny is very serious about his agreements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEFPZWK4ElE

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

CPColin posted:

By the way, who are we doing this thread versus?

Sorry, but, you know, you can't really read the thread from the inside.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

you can't read it from the outside!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Just noticed this at the bottom of my Sunny page in Plex:

🎶 One of these headshots is not like the others 🎶

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I'm sad that picture of Olson isn't an ostrich.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

Glen's doing the INTJ stare

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Takes No Damage posted:

Yeah, Macs is just off the street. No studio, no perfect lighting.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
always sunny made with multiple takes EXPOSED (watch the beer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apoaS1XY-OM

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

[AI chatGPT creation]

quote:

Write a script of an Always Sunny episode in Werner Herzog's style posted:

Narrator (in a deep, gravelly voice): Deep in the heart of Philadelphia, there is a place of darkness and despair. A place where the sun never shines and the air is thick with the stench of failure. This is the home of the Paddy's Pub Gang - a group of misfits, who spend their days drinking, scheming, and tearing each other down.

(Cut to the inside of Paddy's Pub, where the gang is gathered around a table)

Dee: I can't believe it! We've been robbed again!

Charlie: (sipping from a bottle of rum) It's the curse of Paddy's Pub. We're doomed to suffer for eternity.

Mac: (tapping his foot nervously) We need to come up with a plan. We need to take back what's ours.

Dennis: (stroking his chin thoughtfully) I have an idea. We'll create a fake heist and lure the thief into a trap.

(The gang nods in agreement and begins to hatch their plan)

Narrator: But little do they know, the thief is no ordinary criminal. He is a master of disguise, a chameleon who can blend into any situation. He is the nemesis of the Paddy's Pub Gang, and he will stop at nothing to outsmart them.

(Cut to the thief, standing in a shadowy alleyway, holding a bag of stolen goods)

Thief: (in a sinister voice) The Paddy's Pub Gang will never catch me. I am the king of the night.

Narrator: And so the game of cat and mouse begins. The Paddy's Pub Gang, with their harebrained schemes, and the thief, with his cunning and skill. Who will emerge victorious?

(Cut to the inside of Paddy's Pub, where the gang is setting up their trap)

Dee: (whispering) Okay, we've got the fake heist set up. Now we just need to wait for the thief to show up.

Charlie: (nervously checking his watch) Where is he? He should have been here by now.

Mac: (peering out the window) I don't see any sign of him. Maybe he's onto us.

Dennis: (sarcastically) Oh, great. Now what are we supposed to do?

Narrator: Suddenly, the door of Paddy's Pub bursts open and the thief appears, holding a bag of stolen goods.

Thief: (laughing maniacally) You fools! You thought you could outsmart me? I am the master of deception!

Narrator: But the Paddy's Pub Gang is not so easily defeated. They spring into action, chasing the thief through the streets of Philadelphia.

(Cut to a chase scene, with the gang running after the thief)

Narrator: It is a test of wills, a battle of wits. The Paddy's Pub Gang, with their misguided determination, and the thief, with his cunning and cunning. Who will emerge victorious?

(The thief is finally caught and the stolen goods are recovered)

Narrator: In the end, it is the Paddy's Pub Gang who triumphs. But their victory is bittersweet. For they know that the thief will always be lurking, waiting for his chance to strike again. And the cycle of darkness and despair continues.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

AI AIDS, not reading

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

gently caress I'd love to se an ep where the gang gets afraid AI will take their [something] and try to fight it

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

FireWorksWell posted:

I'm sad that picture of Olson isn't an ostrich.

I looked for a way to customize what pic displays but couldn't find one :( It just pulls from some TV DB api.
e:

reddit posted:

Actually, the photo defaults to the most recently refreshed metadata. If you have a show from 2010 and one from 2020 but for some reason you refreshed the metadata for the show from 2010, then the actor photo from the 2010 show is what will appear on all shows.

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

gently caress I'd love to se an ep where the gang gets afraid AI will take their [something] and try to fight it

Wasn't there one with them railing against the algorithm telling them what streaming show to watch next?

e:

No Dignity posted:

AI AIDS, not reading

quote:

Thief: (in a sinister voice) The Paddy's Pub Gang will never catch me. I am the king of the night.

Good decision, AI was to dumb to even use Night King properly :rolleyes:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Dec 9, 2022

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Was easy enough to do.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Big thank you to Meg for putting a large yellow banner at the bottom of every ad read, so I can easily skip them by looking at the thumbnail

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
SponsorBlock for Youtube is a very good extension

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Those things are never AI. "I fed 1000 scripts into an AI and this is what came out" is code for "I tried to write something wacky and zany but I don't know if it is good or not"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Cojawfee posted:

Those things are never AI. "I fed 1000 scripts into an AI and this is what came out" is code for "I tried to write something wacky and zany but I don't know if it is good or not"

its true that theyre not ai, but they also arent just some dude writing by himself and pretending to be an ai anymore. the current state of the art is a stew of bias laundering and plagiarism, which can sometimes be funny, albeit generally only for the one writing the prompt

you can probably find some bits of that one among the over 3000 always sunny fanfics on ao3 lol

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Big thank you to Meg for putting a large yellow banner at the bottom of every ad read, so I can easily skip them by looking at the thumbnail

You missed a cute moment in the most recent episode where the guys ribbed her for her read and she got frustrated, then

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Cojawfee posted:

Have you tried those things like NovelAI? They do work that way and generate stuff like that in two seconds. GPT-3 is some wild poo poo.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

CPColin posted:

You missed a cute moment in the most recent episode where the guys ribbed her for her read and she got frustrated, then

this was great yeah. there's been a few moments in the ad reads where their actual humanity shines through and something at least mildly cute/funny happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

the gang has a lot to learn still. on a real professional podcast the ad reads are the best part.