Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Throatwarbler posted:

I want to get a Pacifica phev for the tax credit. Anyone ever done that

Can you buy a new car every year and get the credit over and over

Also the dealers around here are still asking msrp for 2022 Pacific's, they're full of poo poo right?

Literally can't go tits up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Throatwarbler posted:

I want to get a Pacifica phev for the tax credit. Anyone ever done that

Can you buy a new car every year and get the credit over and over

Also the dealers around here are still asking msrp for 2022 Pacific's, they're full of poo poo right?

You're not limited to one per year, you can buy as many as you want in a single year and get the full tax credit for each. Given that you pay way more than MSRP for the RAV4 Prime, MSRP is probably not an awful deal for a Pacifica PHEV.

Edit: I haven't bought a Pacifica, but I bought a Kia Niro PHEV and got the tax credit. Everything is changing at the end of December though, all the tax credit rules are different effective Jan 1 and nobody's sure what cars qualify anymore.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

My mom's Sebring back in the day was such an awful car in just about every sense that I just don't think I have it in me to buy anything by Fiat-Chrysler/whatever the hell they call themselves now

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Looking at an imaginary camera and smirking like Jim from the Office when my rich failson cousins talk about the constant problems with their Jeep Gladiators or w/e

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/aaron_g04xx/status/1601178768860909568

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Way better than the Mach-E

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
I guess it depends on how much extra weight is tacked on and where that weight is placed in the chassis.

Those renders look pretty bad and those whack colors are not helping.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

KakerMix posted:

Way better than the Mach-E

The Mach E is a family friendly crossover, though. I do wonder if Ford considered doing a GT4E as a halo EV.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
The Mach-E is really good because it makes diehard Mustang fans super mad

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Escalade and Camaro may become GM sub brands.

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/12/08/chevy-camaro-cadillac-escalade-sub-brands/

quote:

Chevy Camaro and Cadillac Escalade reportedly becoming sub-brands

Would follow the Corvette template, offering at least three models

To the surprise of no one, there are some strong opinions about GM's rumored plan to turn the Chevrolet Corvette into a sub-brand with an electric four-door and an electric SUV around 2025. Georg Kacher's GM source apparently had more to say about family trees getting more branches, so here's part two from Car and Driver: The Chevrolet Camaro and Cadillac Escalade are supposedly being primed for the same treatment.

The Camaro news isn't the bombshell here. There have been rumors for years that 2024 will see the Camaro's current incarnation into retirement, twinned with the rumor that GM was prepping something like an electric sedan to keep the name alive. The C/D piece says GM sees a viable model-based brand as able to support three vehicles. In the Camaro's case, we're told that could be a "fully electric 2+2 seater coupe and convertible," plus a "sporty crossover" and a "mid-price flagship sports car loosely linked to the C9 Corvette in content but not appearance."

The first sounds like an electric version of today's Camaro. The second sounds like a Camaro that does to the Blazer what the Blazer did to the Camaro. The third sounds like what a Pontiac would have been if Pontiac still existed, distinguishing itself from top-tier versions of the 2+2 coupe and convertible by having only two seats. The previous Camaro rumors have always posited a purely electric reboot, but Kacher's report doesn't mention powertrain possibilities.

The Escalade is the unexpected one, despite how long everyone has considered Escalade its own brand akin to the way everyone considers Range Rover its own brand. As Cadillac's begins its pure-electric reinvention, it's alleged GM saw the Escalade on its own as having the strength and legs to go global as a brand. It's said the 'Slade could branch into a smaller seven-seat crossover destined for the U.S. and China, a challenger to Porsche's planned SUV above the Cayenne; a luxury minivan for the Chinese market that's currently going gaga over fancy kid buses; and a "more carlike modern-luxury segment-fusing all-terrain Escalade."

Parsing every word of that last theoretical vehicle gets us to carlike luxury all-terrain crossover. Is that something between an Audi RS6 Avant and a BMW X6? Is it a luxxed-up Lyriq with a lift and mud terrains? Or is it GM's version of Land Rover's mythical Road Rover? There were no dates offered for product arrivals this time, so we'll have to wait and see the splits of all these pieces of all these pies. As long as no one's talking about an Escalade pickup, no need to ring alarms. Yet.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Camaro SUV here we gooo

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

mobby_6kl posted:

Camaro SUV here we gooo

Okay but also Escalade coupe muscle car.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

davebo posted:

camarolade

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

The trick that the Corvette team is probably gonna try here is an electric motor on the front axle with torque vectoring, a la the nu-NSX and Ferrari SF90

I'm excited to see their implementation of this because GM has some of the best chassis engineers in the business

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Godzilla07 posted:

The trick that the Corvette team is probably gonna try here is an electric motor on the front axle with torque vectoring, a la the nu-NSX and Ferrari SF90

I'm excited to see their implementation of this because GM has some of the best chassis engineers in the business

The design of the front hubs and the chassis layout pretty much confirm this, with the battery located in the "transmission tunnel" ala the Volt.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

So, once GM had a shitload of brands, then they killed off some of them, and now they're starting new, different ones? Brilliant.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Nidhg00670000 posted:

So, once GM had a shitload of brands, then they killed off some of them, and now they're starting new, different ones? Brilliant.

Come on down to your local Hummer / Camaro / Escalade dealer to solve all your feelings of male inadequacy!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

My mom's Sebring back in the day was such an awful car in just about every sense that I just don't think I have it in me to buy anything by Fiat-Chrysler/whatever the hell they call themselves now

I’ve had zero problems with my Durango. They’re fine.

My dad had a convertible seabring back in the day and that thing was an awful creaky piece of poo poo that drove like a brick.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

It seems like they’re doing a mustang, mustang Mach e; Corolla, Corolla cross thing.

I also think it’s stupid as poo poo and won’t sell any extra cars

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Initiatives like this are how you know your brand managers don't have enough work to do.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

davebo posted:

Of course. It's an Escalade but with a "sporty" liftback

e.g.,

now make it a muscle coupe

vola!

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Dr. Lunchables posted:

It seems like they’re doing a mustang, mustang Mach e; Corolla, Corolla cross thing.

I also think it’s stupid as poo poo and won’t sell any extra cars

It will sell more cars and not only that, more cars with higher margins.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Looks like Lexus is doing a version of the 86.

Small nimble RWD runabout with better interior and stereo?
I love it which means they'll sell dozens.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

smooth jazz posted:

:eyepop:

Yeah I imagine the market for this is you and Saudi's biggest Lexus fanboy

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
If it helps bring a nicer 86 to market the new integra will have been a great product

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
There's a weird amount of stanced Lexuses in my area, so there might be more of a market than people think. Besides, if the LC500 is on the way out, this could be a good replacement that people would be more inclined to buy it if it's not $100k again.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

smooth jazz posted:

I'm capable of making some very stupid decisions about a car like this.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Please don't give it an ugly lexus nose

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I can see the cylon in the spy shot, but honestly that particular transgression hasn't aged too badly considering what others have done *cough* BMW *cough*

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah it's not a beaver tooth that's for sure. Maybe a stock 86 hood would bolt on there, that would be cool

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I think this pic made the rounds at least 6 mo ago on the brz forum and it was assumed to be a hybrid lol

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I don’t think any of the bronco fender flares are works of art but the Raptor’s are particular ugly and it’s especially insulting since the Raptor truck deals with the problem by having bespoke sheet metal while the Bronco is just lol make the black plastic trash 3” wider

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
My local area (NorCal) Bronco markups have settled down at $10k from the $25k they were a few months ago. :newlol:

https://www.futureford.com/inventory/new-vehicles/models-Ford-Bronco/

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 12, 2022

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I just saw one the other day.

That's used for about $43k over new MSRP.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Zero One posted:

I just saw one the other day.

That's used for about $43k over new MSRP.

Why does it say $16.4 on the window?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Sab669 posted:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:staredog:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sab669 posted: