Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So this is the deck I stole from the internet the other day, I've been having a lot of success with it so far

This is the article in question, it has some other decks in it too, but I haven't messed with them.

pre:
# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Korg
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (1) Yondu
# (2) Angela
# (2) Armor
# (3) Captain America
# (4) Dracula
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdW5zcG90In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJY2VtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktvcmcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5pZ2h0Y3Jhd2xlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWW9uZHUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFuZ2VsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyYWN1bGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkluZmluYXV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYXB0YWluQW1lcmljYSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

double negative posted:

I’m ~1100 CL and the card acquisition system is kinda wearing on me. Maybe I’m just salty cuz I’ve pulled pure poo poo like Rockslide and Helicarrier in between all my bullshit titles and assorted garbage

Where are you getting this from? The pool/MMR system is opaque as hell but is this actually some confirmed threshold?

My last two pulls were Rock Slide and Falcon. poo poo sucks.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
What are the options for collector’s reserves now?

- new card
- 200 tokens
- gold bars?
- credits?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

double negative posted:

Where are you getting this from? The pool/MMR system is opaque as hell but is this actually some confirmed threshold?

No. It's just people making poo poo up to validate their 'oh no must save credits to avoid going into pool 3' bullshit.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

priznat posted:

What are the options for collector’s reserves now?

• new card
• 100 tokens (400 if your collection is huge)
• credits or gold
• variant, title, avatar

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

uXs posted:

No. It's just people making poo poo up to validate their 'oh no must save credits to avoid going into pool 3' bullshit.
Ben Brode didnt confirm it, so it can't be real. This is just logical.

Sure, I and many other posters never saw a title or cache portrait across hundreds of games at CL594 and then saw titles and cache portraits in half their games at CL602. But that's just cognitive bias.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

parasyte posted:

if anything it discourages me from spending any money on progression because it's hilariously expensive to get more cards. just completely ridiculous.

i guess that stretch from 600-1000 you can get some number of cards but after that it gets even more hilariously expensive. One of the four caches you get over 48 CL will give you a card, which means 2400 credits per card, which is 1920 Gold per card. There is no variance on this number since the changes when they introduced the token shop, it is straight 2400/card. The only variance is whether you get the card after 600 or after all 2400 credits have been spent (and if you get it after 600, the next 1800 won't have any cards).

If I did the math right then uh, if you get the $100 gold pack then it's $1=100 credits (8000 gold / 120 gold * 150 credits = 10000), so $24/card.

at least at my budget i can only f2p for cards, because lol at paying $24 for one random card.

You can sort of try to rationalize it by thinking that it's not so much about getting that one random card, it's about getting through pool 3 more quickly.

But yes, the game is rapidly turning into 'must milk whales as hard as possible'

Shame, I wish it was possible to make a cool card game without predatory pricing in TYOOL 2022.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

uXs posted:

You can sort of try to rationalize it by thinking that it's not so much about getting that one random card, it's about getting through pool 3 more quickly.

But yes, the game is rapidly turning into 'must milk whales as hard as possible'

Shame, I wish it was possible to make a cool card game without predatory pricing in TYOOL 2022.

Single player card games can still be fun without predatory pricing. It isn't the same but f2p (or pay full price and still have f2p mechanics) is just the way of multiplayer now a days.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

No Wave posted:

Sure, I and many other posters never saw a title or cache portrait across hundreds of games at CL594 and then saw titles and cache portraits in half their games at CL602. But that's just cognitive bias.

Oh, sure, but I was generally able to still beat those people.

The key player quality in Snap is information. If you know what deck your opponent is running, you have a decent idea of what to expect. And that’s key to winning (or bailing out safely).
How shiny your opponent’s stuff is doesn’t matter if you play around everything they do.

Also, for all those who are stuck: if you’re at the end of Pool 2 and all else fails, play Devil Dino.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

uXs posted:

I played at 590-598 for a full week, probably 150+ games. The difference in decks I saw before and after I ticked over 600 was stark. I don’t know why i would want it to be like that, it certainly wasn’t more fun that way. I’m just telling folks what I saw and it sounds like other people saw the same thing?

Ed: I will also add that I saw WAY more bots at 590ish playing in the 80s and 90s than I did after I hit 600

buffalo all day fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 8, 2022

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

shadowy cabal of posters fiendishly trying to save credits

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't trust anything in this life unless it comes from official marketing materials.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

buffalo all day posted:

I played at 590-598 for a full week, probably 150+ games. The difference in decks I saw before and after I ticked over 600 was stark. I don’t know why i would want it to be like that, it certainly wasn’t more fun that way. I’m just telling folks what I saw and it sounds like other people saw the same thing?

I definitely noticed the change around 600.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

4 of my last 5 random cards have been Sunspot, Shang-Chi, Infinaut, and Killmonger, with Collector rounding it out.

feels like I can actually make good Pool 2 decks now

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I saved up to 5k below CL 600, then made sure none of the daily rewards would go to waste the day before the patch and I noticed the difference in matchmaking at CL604 within 3 games. I encountered people with titles for the first time, before they added some of those to the season pass and ranked rewards in this season. Instead of seeing pool 2 decks with the occasional pool 3 cards, I saw deck archetypes I only knew from Twitch streams. Discard decks especially stood out, because those are way better with a lot of pool 3 cards (Colleen Wing, Hellcow, Dracula).

I messed around with a Movement deck for many an hour in that week before the patch, before crossing beyond CL 600. So I think I'm pretty free from confirmation bias there. The difference was that noticeable.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 8, 2022

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Leech is pretty great on Lamentis since it hits every card they'll have. Or so I thought, until I let him play a consequence free Infinaut

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Patriot is in my store. 2.3k tokens on me and 14 Series 3 cards remain. Tempting as hell

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

No Wave posted:

I don't trust anything in this life unless it comes from official marketing materials.

Conversely, a lot of CCG threads have posters constantly performing tinfoil haruspicy like "the matchmaker only ever pairs me up versus decks strong against mine" because they lack the object permanence to remember all the times it didn't happen, so YEAH there will be some skepticism when someone rolls out some similar anecdata.

I'll report my findings when I get to CL600.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lone Goat posted:

Conversely, a lot of CCG threads have posters constantly performing tinfoil haruspicy like "the matchmaker only ever pairs me up versus decks strong against mine" because they lack the object permanence to remember all the times it didn't happen, so YEAH there will be some skepticism when someone rolls out some similar anecdata.

There’s also the fact that once you get higher up you don’t see a lot of “mess around with whatever cards I like” decks, it’s all archetypes at that level so yeah you’ll see the same as what you’re using and counters for it more

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Lone Goat posted:

I abused the CL594 rule to get to infinite vs 60% bots so I'm not really in any state of doubt. But imagine I'm wrong and I'm really just a god gamer?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I keep seeing people complain about bots.

Marvel Snap is a zero sum game. Every cube you gain, someone loses (it's exactly symmetrical). At the start of each season. the game takes away a huge chunk of cubes by resetting us. If no cubes were added to the economy, then less and less players would ever get a chance to reach infinite. (I have no idea what happens to the cube economy past infinite).

The way the game can inject cubes into the economy is offering us bots to play (and win) against. So long as the player base's win rate against bots is positive, more cubes become available for players to fight over, and more of us get a chance to make it to the higher ranks. Do not be sad about facing bots, they are performing an important service.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

No Wave posted:

I abused the CL594 rule to get to infinite vs 60% bots so I'm not really in any state of doubt. But imagine I'm wrong and I'm really just a god gamer?

Yeah, that's fair. It's also possible that the bad matchup thing is real and I'm just one of the Brode-blessed ones that always gets the good matchups (except for the times my opponent played Killmonger or Enchantress, those were just to test my faith)?

I guess we'll never know :iiam:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

doingitwrong posted:

Marvel Snap is a zero sum game. Every cube you gain, someone loses (it's exactly symmetrical). At the start of each season. the game takes away a huge chunk of cubes by resetting us. If no cubes were added to the economy, then less and less players would ever get a chance to reach infinite. (I have no idea what happens to the cube economy past infinite).

The way the game can inject cubes into the economy is offering us bots to play (and win) against. So long as the player base's win rate against bots is positive, more cubes become available for players to fight over, and more of us get a chance to make it to the higher ranks. Do not be sad about facing bots, they are performing an important service.

I’m told that, at Infinite, players can keep accumulating ranks if they want BUT ALSO their rank cannot drop below 100 for the rest of the season. So this leads to Infinite players playing all sorts of nonsense, but winning against them can be inflationary.

Also, another way the devs toss in more cubes is by giving everyone an extra rank level each time they hit rank 40, 50, 60 etc. in a season.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

doingitwrong posted:

While I maybe can be convinced bots are fine if if you're going to have them in your game you should make it clear that they are bots. I play multiplayer games to play against humans or with humans.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh wow that new bundle’s bad. $40 for 2 decent but unexciting variants, the avatars to match, and 1500 credits.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

If you were somehow tempted by this Gambit and Rogue variant bundle, make sure you check on what platform you are buying it on. It's 38 euros on Android vs 24 euros on Steam for me.

Yet 8000 gold is 110 euros on Android vs 120 euros on Steam.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 8, 2022

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Yeah this game so far has been great about pricing everything too high for me to think its worth buying. Thanks for never tempting me Brode!

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

buffalo all day posted:

Ed: I will also add that I saw WAY more bots at 590ish playing in the 80s and 90s than I did after I hit 600

That was my experience too. I spent a bunch of credits as I entered into Pool 3, but stopped well before 600 on the advice of the thread. I got lucky with my pulls and had a mostly painless ride up to Infinite on Doom's back. Part of that is that bots don't really seem to get Doom. Reached infinite and played a few games, then spent my credits. On crossing that 600 barrier, out came mostly matches against people with titles and fully optimal discard decks.

It's not that they turn off all matchmaking balancing at 600. There is definitely something remaining behind the scenes that matches up "good" decks against other good decks. With the recent new location, I got sick of getting crushed by Death and switched to a not-remotely-meta deck. Suddenly Death disappeared from my opponents decks.

No Wave posted:

Also me too. Now that I have to play against real decks and the season switched over, I'm struggling to maintain rank 70.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 8, 2022

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Leader in my shop. Not today, Satan

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Mierenneuker posted:

If you were somehow tempted by this Gambit and Rogue variant bundle, make sure you check on what platform you are buying it on. It's 38 euros on Android vs 24 euros on Steam for me.

ah is that it? I'm seeing it for $30 on iOS.

still not the greatest deal, unless you want $15 of credits and also think 90s gambit and 90s rogue are together worth another $15

edit: oh word it's $20 on steam? that's a somewhat reasonable price i guess

parasyte fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 8, 2022

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Wong for 1k worth it?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

obi_ant posted:

Wong for 1k worth it?
I am the number one wong hater. As the person who hates playing wong the most, I say SKIP.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

obi_ant posted:

Wong for 1k worth it?

Wong gets a lot of hate. You can win big, but be prepared to also get dunked on.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Promotional stuff:
https://twitter.com/MARVELSNAP/status/1600913108029276163?cxt=HHwWhoDQhaz_yrcsAAAA

You might care more about the free Storm variant that is sitting in your inbox (on a mobile version of the game).

"Fast Facts: Hero Event
- All players that login starting today will receive a free Storm Hero variant card, illustrated by the original concept artist that worked on the Black Panther and Storm character designs for the Hero music video, Jander González Mella! After the one-week free login reward window, the Storm Hero Variant card will be added to the Token Shop as an Ultimate Variant.
"

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 8, 2022

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I'm tempted to get the bundle because I don't have either Rogue or Gambit but I know the second I get it, I'm gonna pull both main cards in consecutive caches.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

No Wave posted:

yeah. That's the part of the game where they really try to monetize you. it's poo poo by design.

I'm 7 hundred and something and honestly I've found it fine, but the real way to solve it is just to play less in a week. If I haven't done the weeks missions, and I have a full stack of quests, the progression feels really smooth. I just think in those early stages you really can never stop playing and keep unlocking stuff.

edit: you know what does suck though, the new lamentis location.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Should I pin Shuri in the token shop? 6000 tokens is a long way off...

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No Wave posted:

I am the number one wong hater. As the person who hates playing wong the most, I say SKIP.

I am the Wong Lover, one of us can only lie, and one can only tell the truth.

That said I wouldn’t spend tokens on any wave 3 cards, personally. You’ll unlock them sooner or later, better to save for the bigger stuff imo

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

First of May posted:

Should I pin Shuri in the token shop? 6000 tokens is a long way off...

I wouldn't. I had Galactus pinned for awhile but token acquisition is so slow I just don't think it's worth waiting for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Caved in and bought Patriot. Also the free Storm variant is real good!