Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

wocobob posted:

Weirdly it looks like DK is actually pretty bad in constructed? At least HSReplay shows all the archetypes with <50% winrates. If they have to buff it for constructed that'll make arena even more busted lol

Many people at all skill levels will be trying out the new class right now, especially with the lich king quest line pushing DK play, and it obviously is all entirely new decks so will be at an early disadvantage against other classes with existing, refined archetypes. I would wait a few weeks before worrying about it being underpowered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

AnacondaHL posted:

### Boar Druid
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (1) Elwynn Boar
# 2x (2) Chitinous Plating
# 2x (2) Jerry Rig Carpenter
# 1x (2) Living Seed (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 2x (3) Oracle of Elune
# 2x (4) Widowbloom Seedsman
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 2x (5) Spammy Arcanist
# 1x (5) Wildheart Guff
# 2x (6) Unending Swarm
# 2x (7) Underking
# 2x (8) Crypt Keeper
#
AAECAZICArbsA4mLBA7J9QPT+QOvgASwgASljQSunwTanwSuwASh1ATB3wS2mAW3mAW7mAW8mAUA
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/e0CrAhk1lK2jqj9JRaexw/

oh no this is way too consistent, ugh

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Scourge Illusionist has single-handedly infused the existing Mine Rogue deck with Ungoro Quest Rogue. You can flood the board fairly early with lots of 0- or 1-mana 4/4s, threatening lethal either by attacking face or exploding for even more damage. So it plays a lot differently and has a bit of a learning curve, but it's strong (may end up as a Diamond+ type deck).

### MLK Mine
# Class: Rogue
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 1x (0) Shadow of Demise
# 2x (1) Blackwater Cutlass
# 1x (1) Door of Shadows
# 2x (1) Ghostly Strike
# 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
# 2x (1) Shattershambler
# 2x (2) Forsaken Lieutenant
# 2x (2) Naval Mine
# 2x (3) Sketchy Information
# 2x (3) Snowfall Graveyard
# 2x (4) Counterfeit Blade
# 2x (4) Scourge Illusionist
# 2x (4) Swiftscale Trickster
# 2x (5) Burning Blade Acolyte
# 2x (8) Smokescreen
#
AAECAaIHAvTdBMygBQ716APT8wON9AO9gAT3nwT8pQT9rASIsAS3swTVtgSJ0gTj0wShkwXBoQUA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

wocobob posted:

Weirdly it looks like DK is actually pretty bad in constructed? At least HSReplay shows all the archetypes with <50% winrates. If they have to buff it for constructed that'll make arena even more busted lol

There's no core package that people can build around that they know how to play from the last set so a lot of the DK decks on ladder right now are just garbage.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I ran into a Blood DK with Renathal and Reno in his deck and it was a very long experience

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Find someone who loves you as much as Burning Blade Acolyte loves the Demon Seed

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

AnacondaHL posted:

Scourge Illusionist has single-handedly infused the existing Mine Rogue deck with Ungoro Quest Rogue. You can flood the board fairly early with lots of 0- or 1-mana 4/4s, threatening lethal either by attacking face or exploding for even more damage. So it plays a lot differently and has a bit of a learning curve, but it's strong (may end up as a Diamond+ type deck).

### MLK Mine
# Class: Rogue
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 1x (0) Shadow of Demise
# 2x (1) Blackwater Cutlass
# 1x (1) Door of Shadows
# 2x (1) Ghostly Strike
# 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
# 2x (1) Shattershambler
# 2x (2) Forsaken Lieutenant
# 2x (2) Naval Mine
# 2x (3) Sketchy Information
# 2x (3) Snowfall Graveyard
# 2x (4) Counterfeit Blade
# 2x (4) Scourge Illusionist
# 2x (4) Swiftscale Trickster
# 2x (5) Burning Blade Acolyte
# 2x (8) Smokescreen
#
AAECAaIHAvTdBMygBQ716APT8wON9AO9gAT3nwT8pQT9rASIsAS3swTVtgSJ0gTj0wShkwXBoQUA
#
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net
Just lost with this twice at Bronze 10... rip me.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Blasmeister posted:

Many people at all skill levels will be trying out the new class right now, especially with the lich king quest line pushing DK play, and it obviously is all entirely new decks so will be at an early disadvantage against other classes with existing, refined archetypes. I would wait a few weeks before worrying about it being underpowered

Yeah, I see people hero powering and letting the ghoul die without even going face. Or casting corpse explosion with 3 corpses and - I assume - wondering why the two 12/12s don't die.

poo poo's new, give it time.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

No Wave posted:

Just lost with this twice at Bronze 10... rip me.

yea I started 2-6 before finally figuring out how to make plays, then went on a win streak

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It also doesn't help that unlike DH DK is actually a pretty complex class

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

They don't need to buff DK they need to nerf Druid holy hell they have like 20 different bullshit combos and all the tools to get there

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Triple blood XL DK is giving me OG control warrior vibes

Still gets poo poo on by ramp druid though, because yeah

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

AnacondaHL posted:

yea I started 2-6 before finally figuring out how to make plays, then went on a win streak
Bad as I am ty for sharing it is very fun/cool/disgusting.

EDIT: Confession, I swapped the bombs for nerubian eggs and it is now way more braindead and ez.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 9, 2022

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Cool.
Thing is ... I haven't played Paladin in weeks.

:dafuq:

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
That one progresses when playing against paladin instead (or too), apparently

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
My Rager Priest just folds against Miracle Rogue. Turn 3 I drop a Scourge Rager, coin Animate Dead. Turn 4 my enemy creates 2 12/12s and equips a 11/2 dagger. I imitate Scourge Rager's battlecry and die.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

mcbexx posted:

Yeah, I see people hero powering and letting the ghoul die without even going face. Or casting corpse explosion with 3 corpses and - I assume - wondering why the two 12/12s don't die.

poo poo's new, give it time.

Also the game puts 3 DK decks in your collection to use that are probably not optimised and people will be using them to try out the class.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Excelzior posted:

oh no this is way too consistent, ugh

I’m loving it :getin:

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Frenzied Patron -> Corpse Explosion -> Denathrius is a thing. Turn took forever, charged up Denathrius to around 71 dmg and then hit go on the next turn.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Cart posted:

Frenzied Patron -> Corpse Explosion -> Denathrius is a thing. Turn took forever, charged up Denathrius to around 71 dmg and then hit go on the next turn.

You've done it now. https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23892222

Denathrius to Infuse (2), Shockspitter to 3 Mana.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

had 2 golden shockspitters, easy 400 dust each

nice.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
### Holybuff Priest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Frazzled Freshman
# 2x (1) Gift of the Naaru
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 1x (1) Reliquary of Souls
# 2x (1) Shadow Word: Devour
# 2x (1) Voidtouched Attendant
# 2x (2) Bless
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 2x (2) Power Word: Feast
# 2x (2) Radiant Elemental
# 1x (2) Serena Bloodfeather
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 2x (3) Cathedral of Atonement
# 2x (3) Clear Conscience
# 2x (3) Gift of Luminance
# 2x (3) Handmaiden
# 1x (3) Pelagos
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Partner in Crime
# 1x (6) Sister Svalna
#
AAEBAZ/HAgbOvgP76AOf6wP62wSX7wTvkQUR5QTyDJu6A6fLA9fOA7TRA7vRA5HkA633A4SjBImjBIqjBKS2BPXTBPPbBPvuBIaDBQA=
#

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
are DK progression quests bugged? The Scourge doesn’t seem to work despite it saying “summon” undead not “play”

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Julio Cruz posted:

are DK progression quests bugged? The Scourge doesn’t seem to work despite it saying “summon” undead not “play”

I'm seeing something similar. It seems like it's only counting one particular undead (but I haven't figured out which one yet).

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

It's basic but I've been on a tear with Imp Warlock today - I went 15-3 climbing up from the bottom of Silver to Gold 10. Sylvanas is there to remove or steal Gnome Munchers from DKs. Denathrius just got nerfed so he might get replaced with another Impfestation to add another board clear, but we'll see. I took out the Dreadlich Tamsin that appears in most of these decks because I found it just led to me taking fatigue damage more often than not.

### Implock
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Flustered Librarian
# 2x (1) Grimoire of Sacrifice
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (1) Wicked Shipment
# 2x (2) Imp Swarm (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Impending Catastrophe
# 2x (2) Vile Library
# 2x (3) Fiendish Circle
# 2x (3) Imp Gang Boss
# 2x (4) Mischievous Imp
# 2x (4) Murlocula
# 2x (5) Shady Bartender
# 1x (6) Imp King Rafaam
# 1x (6) Impfestation
# 1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAECAc++BQSukQTp0ASb5ASk7wQN1+0D9O0D//oDxYAEhKAE5qAE+dME+tME/9kEgNoEgdoEy+IEq+oEAA==
#

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Julio Cruz posted:

It's definitely not counting everything it should but I can't figure out the problem. I got it after two games with the unholy deck recipe.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Quotey posted:

You've done it now. https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23892222

Denathrius to Infuse (2), Shockspitter to 3 Mana.

ope lol

looks like they snuck a Ranked ban in on Gruntled Patron, too

aw frig aw dang it fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 9, 2022

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Update: I just finished a ~25 minute game of 3x Blood DK mirror, and it definitely counted all the undeads that time.

Finally knocked out my opponent with a 24x Denathrius on turn 22.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Denathrius did nothing wrong

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Daddy D died for Brann’s sins

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Non-troll question. I played this game again for the first time in a while and like any returners was blown away by how many stats every deck could put on the board while refilling their hand and staying at 40 (!) life. When you play the game, is it even possible to play around opponents' cards outside of a few outliers? Or are you mostly focused on advancing your own board state?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

No Wave posted:

Non-troll question. I played this game again for the first time in a while and like any returners was blown away by how many stats every deck could put on the board while refilling their hand and staying at 40 (!) life. When you play the game, is it even possible to play around opponents' cards outside of a few outliers? Or are you mostly focused on advancing your own board state?

Theotar, Mutanius, and Patchwerk are pretty important right now mostly for attempting to stop your opponent's combos.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Yeah recent hand disruption mechanics make playaroud super important. Also the infuse mechanic encourages you to keep some cards in hand for a long time increasing the chance of disruption.

Eg the main demon hunter deck right now only has 3 minions. One of them (xymox) you need to keep in hand while 5 of your generated minions die. The most common opponent deck I've faced with it this week (control demon knight) has potentially 3 different ways to ruin your hand (mutanis, theotar and patchwork). Or any deck using denathrius as a finisher (or any combo gimmick really) is super vulnerable to the same stuff.

Mage also has a counter minion as well as counter spell. Hunter has really disruptive powerful secrets.

avantgardener fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 9, 2022

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
me, earlier: well I've got these DK quests not completing properly so I guess I'll play some Arena, worked out well enough yesterday

:woop:

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Am I crazy for thinking about cutting Xymox from Relic DH? It seems like he's too slow for the faster matchups and in the slower ones he needs to hang out in your hand as the only possible minion to get snyped by Mutanus or Patchwork.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
This has been working pretty ok so far well into platinum, seems to handle a lot of things thrown its way so far —

### Squirt
# Class: Death Knight
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Body Bagger
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Battlefield Necromancer
# 2x (2) Bonedigger Geist
# 2x (2) Dark Transformation
# 2x (2) Necrotic Mortician
# 1x (3) Blightfang
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
# 2x (3) Nerubian Vizier
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Soulbreaker
# 1x (3) Unholy Frenzy
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 2x (4) Death Strike
# 2x (4) Tomb Guardians
# 1x (5) Army of the Dead
# 2x (5) Corpse Bride
# 2x (5) Possessifier
# 2x (6) Gnome Muncher
# 1x (7) Patchwerk
# 1x (9) The Scourge
# 2x (10) Stitched Giant
#
AAECAYjaBQrp0ASY1ASM5ASQ5ASJ5gSX7wSk7wTa8QTipAXNpQUPlugD6uME9OMEjeQEkeQEqeYE0/EE1fEEh/YEsvcEs/cEtPcEmIEF3YIFopkFAA==
#

It’s using a general unholy shell with just one blood rune because patchwerk and gnome muncher are so strong. The corpse generation from Soulbreaker is super important if you want to drop corpse bride and a giant or two on turn 5.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Patrick Spens posted:

Am I crazy for thinking about cutting Xymox from Relic DH? It seems like he's too slow for the faster matchups and in the slower ones he needs to hang out in your hand as the only possible minion to get snyped by Mutanus or Patchwork.

No, not crazy, but results are inconclusive right now. Stheno + +2 spell power + Jace decks are out there, but they look not close to optimal

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Doji Sekushi posted:

This has been working pretty ok so far well into platinum, seems to handle a lot of things thrown its way so far —

### Squirt
# Class: Death Knight
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Body Bagger
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Battlefield Necromancer
# 2x (2) Bonedigger Geist
# 2x (2) Dark Transformation
# 2x (2) Necrotic Mortician
# 1x (3) Blightfang
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
# 2x (3) Nerubian Vizier
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Soulbreaker
# 1x (3) Unholy Frenzy
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 2x (4) Death Strike
# 2x (4) Tomb Guardians
# 1x (5) Army of the Dead
# 2x (5) Corpse Bride
# 2x (5) Possessifier
# 2x (6) Gnome Muncher
# 1x (7) Patchwerk
# 1x (9) The Scourge
# 2x (10) Stitched Giant
#
AAECAYjaBQrp0ASY1ASM5ASQ5ASJ5gSX7wSk7wTa8QTipAXNpQUPlugD6uME9OMEjeQEkeQEqeYE0/EE1fEEh/YEsvcEs/cEtPcEmIEF3YIFopkFAA==
#

It’s using a general unholy shell with just one blood rune because patchwerk and gnome muncher are so strong. The corpse generation from Soulbreaker is super important if you want to drop corpse bride and a giant or two on turn 5.

yeah UUU is just too weak, something like is the way to go if one wants to have fun with Corpses

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
So we've left Brann as is, and made Daddy D into more of a Druid card, as the only one able to generate enough deaths to utilise him. Right-o.

Shoot. The loving. Dwarf. Blizzard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Shockeh posted:

So we've left Brann as is, and made Daddy D into more of a Druid card, as the only one able to generate enough deaths to utilise him. Right-o.

Shoot. The loving. Dwarf. Blizzard.

There's another patch planned for a few weeks from now. These are just the "jesus christ, we need to stop this before Worlds" changes, so there's still hope.