Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
omfg. it doesn't feel real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

My Scara is 75/175 with skyward atlas 2 piece venerer 2 piece glad. I would have to farm the new set for so long to match that let alone get an upgrade. Am I seriously going back to farming emblem in december of 2022?

I'm in the exact same situation, and the same set up. I'm going to farm that domain because I need the other set as well. So far, and about 16 condensed resins it was delivered nothing but dog poo poo for either set.

No Wave posted:

I am happy to report that Wanderer can float above shield mitachurls and kill them by shooting down. S tier.

EDIT: unrelated but layla's normal attack animations are absolutely amazing and nothing like anyone else's.

If you start off on the traveler's rock, you can get extra height without consuming points, and very few things can hit you.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 9, 2022

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
BURGEONing grace? :thunk:

Nah, they wouldn't. Healer please? Also "Streetward Rambler" is Madame Ping, by the way.

Edit:

ninjoatse.cx posted:

All off his truly suck. The raspberry, "telling people how it really is :smug:". If his characterization wasn't so poo poo he'd definitely be a much more massive banner. He is really fun as hell to play with.

If his characterization wasn't so poo poo he'd lose 90% of his fanbase, no joke.

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 9, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Leathal posted:

Wanderer’s idle animation sound effect where he moans while hocking up phlegm is just awful

All off his truly suck. The raspberry, "telling people how it really is :smug:". If his characterization wasn't so poo poo he'd definitely be a much more massive banner. He is really fun as hell to play with.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

No Wave posted:

omfg. it doesn't feel real.

I'm just going to take the opportunity to post this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2Z431DSsAM

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Chapter 5: The Assless Man and YaoYao

I think Baizhu is now the only known character left?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Mailer posted:

Chapter 5: The Assless Man and YaoYao

I think Baizhu is now the only known character left?
Dehya too.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

MoonCrab posted:

If his characterization wasn't so poo poo he'd lose 90% of his fanbase, no joke.

good characterization and friendly characterization are different things
a character can be written well in the sense of "making a good character in a story" without being someone you would actually like irl

game needs more shitheads and fewer bland MCsexual anime waifus imo

but i understand that would be bad for sales in their target customerbase

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 9, 2022

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I don't think you understand *why* mouche is popular........

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Ardlen posted:

Dehya too.
Also Kaveh and Mika.

Sooner or later, they're going to introduce a new character with a Vision and unique model and kill them off in the story instead of making them playable, but I don't think that day has come just yet.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

If Dehya dies I will riot. If anything bad happens to her I will kill everyone here and then myself.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Though it would've been cool if she were the first one-armed character

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

FractalSandwich posted:

Also Kaveh and Mika.

Sooner or later, they're going to introduce a new character with a Vision and unique model and kill them off in the story instead of making them playable, but I don't think that day has come just yet.

Would Signora count for that?

Eimi posted:

If Dehya dies I will riot. If anything bad happens to her I will kill everyone here and then myself.

:hmmyes:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
She'll meet with the grimmest fate imaginable: being designed for a janky Burn team that won't have enough support to work until Natlan.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

She'll meet with the grimmest fate imaginable: being designed for a janky Burn team that won't have enough support to work until Natlan.

I would use her anyway. People still used Yae, they can't stop me.

(Honestly as long as she's meant to be like played onfield I'll use her no matter how mediocre. Though I'd much rather have her be onfield than off, even if off would make her 'better'.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

but i understand that would be bad for sales in their target customerbase
scaramouche is selling very well by all accounts why do people keep saying this

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the people only want bland waifus that love them *pan to fgo and arknights where half the popular characters talk about murdering you or barely acknowledge the player self-insert*

the people only want waifus *pan to 50-60% female playerbase*

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Look I get wanting the evil hot one. I'm not judging Scara because of that. I'm judging him because he comes off less like a cool confident evildoer and more like a spoiled brat after his mom cut off his allowance.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

thats a weird read on him because he never got the allowance. his mom tossed him into a dumpster

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I expect most of the remaining Harbingers will probably have one soft edge for people on the fence, but we've still seen enough of real turds like Dottore and Arlecchino that they can maintain appeal from their worst selves.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Eimi posted:

Look I get wanting the evil hot one. I'm not judging Scara because of that. I'm judging him because he comes off less like a cool confident evildoer and more like a spoiled brat after his mom cut off his allowance.
Yeah, that's the difference between him and Dottore.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Is there any way to get to duellist level 5 this week, or do you have to wait for the guest challengers to reset?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Endorph posted:

thats a weird read on him because he never got the allowance. his mom tossed him into a dumpster

The dumpster is exactly where that tiny dork belongs.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

haypliss posted:

I expect most of the remaining Harbingers will probably have one soft edge for people on the fence, but we've still seen enough of real turds like Dottore and Arlecchino that they can maintain appeal from their worst selves.

Arlecchino just runs the orphanage that grooms children into Fatui, right? Honestly would the Traveler even care about that? She can pull out a sister that she's nice to and get on the Childe pile.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

scaramouche is selling very well by all accounts why do people keep saying this

Literally no other explanation for why people like any character in this game besides '~well obviously. it's a waifu game~' Pay no attention to any of the Traveler-free character shipping all over Twitter or pixiv

I'm about ambivalent about Scaramouche as far as my opinion of him goes but like, I don't get why people are so persnickety about him. He's done nothing in the story aside from be condescending and run of with Raiden's Gnosis when he got it. It took until last patch to have him perform a feat and all that came of it was hitting Tighnari with a lightning bolt. And I guess the Sabzeruz Festival Samsara was too but again, took until Sumeru and that's still way after the last time we saw any of him.

Meanwhile, Childe drat near got Liyue wiped off the map by summoning Osial.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I'm about ambivalent about Scaramouche as far as my opinion of him goes but like, I don't get why people are so persnickety about him. He's done nothing in the story aside from be condescending and run of with Raiden's Gnosis when he got it. It took until last patch to have him perform a feat and all that came of it was hitting Tighnari with a lightning bolt. And I guess the Sabzeruz Festival Samsara was too but again, took until Sumeru and that's still way after the last time we saw any of him.

Meanwhile, Childe drat near got Liyue wiped off the map by summoning Osial.

It has 0% to do with what he has done in the story and 100% to do with how embarrassing it is to listen to him speak, and that the game takes him seriously as a dangerous brooding edgyboy rather than treating him as comic relief like Fischl. In an alternate universe where everyone dunks on and ignores Scaramouche at all times, he's a great character.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think scaramouche is cool. hes a little bratty but thats part of his charm. he and mona had a very funny dynamic i hope they get to hang out again.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
He needs to learn some respect for his elders. He can't go talking back to a ?,000-year-old demigod angel thing from another dimension.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i want art of nahida wearing a shirt that says 'im not a stepdad im the dad that stepped up'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

thats a spicy crit damage stat on al's weapon

leaks are starting to come out btw. very slowly.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
The prophecy is true: dendro keqing

Also lol @ the minibrain leakers that are STILL watermarking their stuff. These people will literally never learn, ever.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Sigh, guess I won't be able to do any Cryo shenanigans with Al. Hopefully Yaoyao can be the Dendro fridge healer I need in my life.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

A man of his ego, a healer? Please.

It'd be so in character if he didn't have a character he synergizes with for another 7 patches.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also (yaoyao mats) she uses chilis like xiangling so be sure to stop cooking those

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Just looking at that proc on his weapon, it doesn't seem like he could be anything but an on-field Spread DPS. Kinda rough. I can't drop Keqing from my overworld team unless he has a better mobility cheat than her too.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Dec 9, 2022

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Endorph posted:

the people only want bland waifus that love them *pan to fgo and arknights where half the popular characters talk about murdering you or barely acknowledge the player self-insert*

the people only want waifus *pan to 50-60% female playerbase*

that's why I like Musashi

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

All signs point to him being Dendro Keqing. He'll probably have an easier time getting a team to support him, since the Electro roster is already fleshed out.

Yaoyao's definitely looking like a Sayu-type healer. Hopefully her skill has good application.

Edit: kit descriptions for both

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Dec 9, 2022

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i gotta be honest i didnt except Yaoyao to be a spear user

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Yaoyao seems strong but weird. She's a healer but benefits a lot from being out on the field. Good thing that's exactly what I planned to do :mmmhmm: Hopefully she has a cute and amusing attack animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Welp, might as well start prefarming for Yaoyao then. If I'm not rolling on Mouche, I've got nothing better to do with my resin.