Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Yeah I don't even know wtf abigail shirer is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The FTC, who earlier expressed "alarm" at Elon's actions, are now going straight to "white hot livid" after this. Where was the corporate counsel who could have told Elon this was going to be a horrible mistake?

Oh, Elon fired him for telling him this would be a horrible mistake? Welp.

Keeper Garrett
May 4, 2006

Running messages and picking pockets since 1998.

We know that she's against identity politics.

Except that one kind.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Frank Frank posted:

Oh brother I can’t wait to see what he flags as “hate speech”

Who says he will? :lol:

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1601048847244877824

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I note she isn't mentioning any of the names of the accounts that were shadowbanned. I wonder what who they might be.

similar to when i see someone in the broader internet talk about how they were so unfairly banned from sa

every time i ask what their account name was. to date not a single one has told me

:thunk:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://twitter.com/thetomzone/status/1601070775678558208

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I note she isn't mentioning any of the names of the accounts that were shadowbanned. I wonder what who they might be.

"shadowbanning" is just a catch-all for any interference in visibility for them. so the "do not show in search" and "do not promote" tags on people counts as shadowbanning

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

How many times do you reckon they've tested, throughout this whole pandemic?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Anything critical of Musk or his cronies will be flagged. They’re already banning dissenting opinions as “spam”

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

these so-called "twitter-files" seem to be proving the opposite of what they intended to!!

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Frank Frank posted:

Anything critical of Musk or his cronies will be flagged. They’re already banning dissenting opinions as “spam”

Of course, but hate speech will continue unfettered because of Musk’s galaxy-brain “town square” bullshit which is cover for the fact that he is a friendless dipshit who demands sycophancy. And, boy howdee!! Do the right-wing crazies have that in spades!!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'd imagine this is the kind of thing EU lawyers dream of happily late at night.

Not posting this as a lawyer but man allowing non employees access to personal messages when the ToS only mentions the company having the power to do that is uh a thing

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Why is one of the sidebar options "Guano"?

i'm guessing some kind of internal slang term playing on 'bird poo poo'?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
The Hunter dick pics "story" was funny in how pathetic it was but this one should trigger a number of lawsuits at the very least. And should convince everyone to delete their accounts ASAP.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
It's funny how none of the people who complained loudest about being "shadowbanned" because their follower counts plateaued show up in this but the one major account there is proof they took steps to de-amplify was still hugely popular in spite of it and it seems to have made basically no difference.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Complete morons.

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1601061679063654400?s=20&t=HuLqdqzUidTIQRl01PyuaQ

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1601021415867965440?s=20&t=FFHpdK-e2qwoMsGJgXTPGw

Yeah, you were "targeted". "Targeted" for kid gloves while inciting bomb threats and murders of innocent people.

Entropic posted:

Why is one of the sidebar options "Guano"?

i'm guessing some kind of internal slang term playing on 'bird poo poo'?

I think, but isn't that actually bat poo poo? I only remember hearing it in Ace Ventura 2 lol

Edit: Apparently it can reference seabird poo poo.

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.

Tarkus posted:

Webrings FTW

Few pages back but I already mentioned earlier in this thread that (in addition to e.g. homebrew operating systems) now homebrew search engines, where people rank the quality of a site using unusual things like "the less javascript to plain text ratio, the better", and playing with that feels like the old internet - and much better than modern Google/DuckDuckGo/Bing. A lot of stuff is on neocities but there's plenty elsewhere, too, and I did in fact find active, modern webrings, weird little badges linking to other sites, and still-updated blogs that are just manually updated HTML.

The main issue is thinking up stuff to search, which is just how "surfing the web" should be.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Yeah I don't even know wtf abigail shirer is

another grifter trying to hustle their way to the top

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

priznat posted:

Yeah wasn't one of Musky's idle thoughts to add E2E encryption to twitter DMs? He never will because then he can't read em or pass them along to his nazi gently caress friends.

but musky's brain is so big and strong. he can read cypher text. also NSA stop asking for him to read stuff. no Musky is busy being the supa CEO of 50 companies at the same time.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Frank Frank posted:

“Eat the rich”
“Billionaire / Wealth tax”

It will just be focussed on protecting Elons feelings

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

DRINK ME posted:

“Eat the rich”
“Billionaire / Wealth tax”

It will just be focussed on protecting Elons feelings

He’s going to let alt-right yahoos dictate policy because A) he can’t be bothered and B) he doesn’t really understand it anyway

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
it would be funny if the 'guano' tab turned out to be a list of posts by the user that moderators have flagged as being batshit crazy

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

that tweet was a month ago, it was posted to show that he already said he would do the very thing this big "story" is crying about. and yeah, it was just an excuse to ban people that mock him.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Can't stress enough that Bari comes from the opinion sections of prominent newsrooms. She is not a neutral party, but someone who crafts pieces explicitly around narratives she presumably believes in.

At least Taibbi has credentials. It's bewildering to give her cart blanche and pretend it's objective in any sense.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

PIZZA.BAT posted:

similar to when i see someone in the broader internet talk about how they were so unfairly banned from sa

every time i ask what their account name was. to date not a single one has told me

:thunk:

To be fair if you put a gun to my head right now I couldn't tell you what my livejournal account was named

My Microsoft Internet Gaming Zone name, on the other hand...

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I assume Twitter Files 3 will just be a google doc of every user’s home address

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
waiting for Musk to violate some EU poo poo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Tweet date: June 13, 2019

Thanks, Twitter? :confused::respek::tinfoil:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Philthy posted:

https://twitter.com/the_nerd_skull/status/1601060243928416256

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

Tweet date: June 13, 2019

Thanks, Twitter? :confused::respek::tinfoil:

Advertisers are coming back baby!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Twitter files more like pedo files.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Honestly who wouldn’t want to advertise on Twitter. It’s a captured audience of the most gullible people on earth and one of them even owns the site!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://twitter.com/SAMOYEDWAVE/status/1601104300259696641

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Twitter files more like pedo files.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpqffgak7To

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Twitter files more like pedo guy-les.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Elon musk ended up breaking up with grines because she wanted to get married and elon refused because getting married is just a type of union

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drone_Fragger posted:

Elon musk ended up breaking up with grines because she wanted to get married and elon refused because getting married is just a type of union

This is also why Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos divorced their respective wives.

Edit: For Bill it's also because he's an Epsteiner.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Philthy posted:

good news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Just checked on this Ella Irwin person and I do not think she's qualified at all to deal with legal, trust or safety issues

quote:

Elon Musk's Twitter appointed executive Ella Irwin as head of trust and safety after her predecessor Yoel Roth quit last week, The Information reported on Thursday.

Irwin initially joined as a vice president of product for health and Twitter services in June this year when current CEO Elon Musk was planning to acquire the social media firm for $44 billion, according to her LinkedIn.