Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Generally I imagine lasguns to work like Star Wars blasters. I'm sure it makes no sense but it's cool and that's all that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I prefer them as beams with kickback

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Lasrifle. LASER rifle. It's right there in the name.

e;
Found this. Very cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Sa8D8nF6w

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah that's pretty much what I expect from a lasgun. Snap hiss and a lotta beams

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Shockeh posted:

So the obvious fun thing would be to pick a canon Ultima Founding Successor with no background, and have a newly minted Primaris discover they're doing really weird objectives and needlessly secretive until they find out they're actually Alpha operatives one & all.

Are there any stories about those "totally not traitor geneseed, Cawl swears with six metal pinkies" Primaris chapters like the Sons of the Phoenix and the Covenant of Fire?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

NihilCredo posted:

Are there any stories about those "totally not traitor geneseed, Cawl swears with six metal pinkies" Primaris chapters like the Sons of the Phoenix and the Covenant of Fire?

The Planet Snackers are ready to go! This is like the Ten Hundred Nephews incident all over again, I tell ya.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Sephyr posted:

The Planet Snackers are ready to go! This is like the Ten Hundred Nephews incident all over again, I tell ya.

The Daughters of Vlad got Spaced Wolved straight away

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Sephyr posted:

Ten Hundred Nephews cracking me up lol

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
That is a thing of beauty.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Khizan posted:

Yeah, if you're looking for characterization and plotting you're going to be disappointed. On the other hand, if you're looking to take a chainsword to a bunch of filthy heretics then look no further for you have found your game.

yeah, its nothing deep but i like the outlines. like my zealot is a true believer but he almost has a sorta liberation theology bent too. he shits on the rich alot and thinks when the emperor returns he will help settle poo poo.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
"Blood for the emperor! Skulls for the golden throne!"

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
I can see Khorne, Tzeentch and even Nurgle being aspects of the Emperor.

Slaanesh tho, the big E seems like a terminal stick in the mud.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Z the IVth posted:

To be clear, we're still talking about the guy who wore gold from head to toe, covered his palace in gold, and surrounded himself with 10,000 golden beefcakes and musclegirls?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
and they didnt get to quadrillions of peeps on terra with clone vats like the kriegers or martians

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Big E is also such a perfectionist that even the other Perpetuals left his project because he could not even pretend to give a poo poo about anything they said. He's like James Cameron on warp dust.

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

Does anyone have a link handy for Doc Eldar?

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Z the IVth posted:

I like the idea that the emperor is largely responsible for the chaos gods as part of a paradox. If the emperor hadn't existed to drive humanity to so much bloodshed, biological warfare, his plotting through history, and excesses of the ruling class etc the Chaos Gods would have existed but would have been orders of magnitude less powerful than they are. It's a paradox because since they exist outside of time they were that powerful before Emps was born or started down his path, but he only started down that path because of their threat, but they are only that level of a threat because he went down that path.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Come to think of it, if Big E really is a God now, doesn't that mean he was always a God and Lorgar was technically right the whole time?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

It does, Lorgar being completely right is something I hope comes up with Guilliman since he did burn Monarchia and all that.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Demiurge4 posted:

It does, Lorgar being completely right is something I hope comes up with Guilliman since he did burn Monarchia and all that.

The third dark imperium book is actually pretty decently

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Space Marine II gameplay trailer just dropped. It looks wonderful. The environments and city scapes are stunning.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/12/09/the-savage-new-space-marine-2-gameplay-trailer-just-dropped

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I shall miss the enthusiastic cries of "SPOISS MAHREEN!" while slaughtering Orks by the hundreds.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
ultramarines should actually have italian accents fite me

rome area specifically ofc

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
just get charles martinet to voice em all

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Rugikiki posted:

I was just thinking about those stories earlier this week.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Spess Mahren 2 looks good but it's a shame they couldn't get Mark Strong back.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Arc Hammer posted:

Spess Mahren 2 looks good but it's a shame they couldn't get Mark Strong back.

It's okay his voice changed when he became Primaris :v:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Rugikiki posted:

There is a collection of Mediafire links in this post, though I have no idea how many of them continue to work. It looks like Kylaer's post history in this thread might still yield the various stories as well.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

S.J. posted:

It's okay his voice changed when he became Primaris :v:

That's just a Blood Ravens mutation ti explain why Gabe was voiced by two of three Dobson Brothers

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Flytrap posted:

Come to think of it, if Big E really is a God now, doesn't that mean he was always a God and Lorgar was technically right the whole time?

Demiurge4 posted:

I'd disagree, pre-heresy there's very little to suggest that he's a God akin to the chaos gods. It's really only in 40k and particularly super recently where a bunch of poo poo is popping off wheres it's becoming more of a thing, which is where Gulliman awakes.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

It's just the same deal with Horus on Davin. The chaos gods got Horus to turn because they showed him the future he'd cause, temples and gothic dystopia everywhere. In the same way Lorgar had visions of the Emperor as a God but didn't understand he was seeing the same poo poo ten thousand years in the future.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Telsa Cola posted:

I'd disagree, pre-heresy there's very little to suggest that he's a God akin to the chaos gods. It's really only in 40k and particularly super recently where a bunch of poo poo is popping off wheres it's becoming more of a thing, which is where Gulliman awakes.

Him being a god is really only a question of whether he has godlike power, and he definitely does. Even during the heresy he had the power to literally fight all four combined chaos gods in Horus' body at the same time - and win. Whether or not he uses his power in the same manner as the chaos gods, and whether he gets his power from the same kind of sources, seeing as he is a physical being and not purely a creature of the warp, is a another question.

Lorgar being correct or not in what kind of naming convention is reasonable to apply to big E is kind of missing the forest for the trees. Emps didn't need or want people to worship him as far as we know, so the important part is that by continuing to worship anything at all he was actively subjugating himself and reaffirming his desire for mankind to be dominated instead of self determining. It literally doesn't matter if the Emperor refusing to categorize himself as a god was honest or not.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Dec 9, 2022

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Self-determining, huh. :v:

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Telsa Cola posted:

If he is a god at any point in the timeline he is always a god. Slaneesh has always existed as a chaos god but he wasn't born until not long before the great crusade. That's the way the warp works.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
Which book was it where the chaos marines hear some imperial call Big E the God-Emperor and just broke in laughter and totally lost their poo poo? I want to say Black Legion? Whatever it was that is one of the best scenes ever.

Edit: Was it Night Lords? This is going to bug me now damnit.

orphean fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Dec 9, 2022

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

I'm pretty sure that's the first black legion book.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

orphean posted:

Which book was it where the chaos marines hear some imperial call Big E the God-Emperor and just broke in laughter and totally lost their poo poo? I want to say Black Legion? Whatever it was that is one of the best scenes ever.

Edit: Was it Night Lords? This is going to bug me now damnit.

Yeah it's Black Legion, the Emperor's Children guy laughs til he throws up blood

EDIT:

Black Legion, by ADB posted:

"Moriana spoke on. Whole worlds had been reshaped, their continents given over to graveyards and necropolises, mourning not the slain on either side of our nearly forgotten war but the more recent dead of the last several hundred years: the innocent martyrs of the God-Emperor’s faithful flock.

The God-Emperor.

The God-Emperor.

Language cannot convey the effect those words had on me. I will do all I can to explain it, knowing that every explanation is wrong, for no wordcraft can truly shape an impression of what I felt the first time I heard that title.

‘The God-Emperor,’ Moriana said again, when Amurael asked her to repeat herself. He had stopped as if struck, his thoughts running so acidly rancid that I felt them pressing against my senses.

Telemachon had been exultant, roaring his laughter to the sky, so gripped by euphoric revelation that I thought his twin hearts might seize. If you have ever walked an asylum’s halls, you know that laughter. It is something beyond mirth, beyond elation. It is a release, a dam that breaks in the back of the mind to let madness pour forth, preventing the brain from drowning in poison.

The God-Emperor. I tried to repeat Moriana’s words but my mouth refused to give them shape. I was laughing myself.

Telemachon could barely breathe. The laughter sawed in and out of his faceplate’s vocaliser, wheezing and wet, hacking as if he’d ruptured something in his throat. Amurael stood dumb, trying to process what he had heard. Trying and failing.

Black Legion, by ADB posted:

‘The Word Bearers won.’ Telemachon was on his hands and knees in the dust, blood trickling from his unmoving silver mouth. He laughed and heaved and vomited and laughed, speaking between dragged breaths and violent convulsions. ‘The Word Bearers won. They eat dirt and drink shame. They chant prayers to the unwanted truth through bloodied lips. They lost everything. And yet they still won.’"

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Dec 9, 2022

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

Telemachon got crack-ping'd.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

bob dobbs is dead posted:

just get charles martinet to voice em all
"Wa-hoo!" says the space marine as he lodges his ultrachain slaughterblade in the skullbunker of the dreaddemon murderking Bighuge Bloodeater the Masterstabber."Here we goooooo!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Thinking about using chatGPT to write my BL submission entry