Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Schneider Inside Her posted:

You always gotta help our your mum

I once got too drunk the night before to spend time and help out my mum

It felt so shameful I took a year of abstinence from alcohol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Non Compos Mentis posted:

I reckon there will be a lot more high profile hacks of australian companies, especially after the optus and medibank hacks kind of broadcasted hey australian companies might not give that much of a poo poo about cyber security

Nobody cared after Toll so...

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Eehh Toll just had their files encrypted, I didn't hear about any customer details getting leaked

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Toll had their servers encrypted twice in a 3 month period.

Then my last employer hired the CFO that oversaw the massive cuts to IT and infrastructure the years prior to the attack.

He was fired from Toll for sexually harassing staff.

He also told us to get rid of our RDS environment because he couldn't wrap his head around using it. You know, the RDS setup that allowed everyone (600 seats) in our business to shift to WFH in a matter of however many minutes it took for them to take their thin client or laptop home when covid was kicking off.

An insanely loving stupid man.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Schneider Inside Her posted:

You always gotta help our your mum

Speaking of, what's a decent slow cooker if I want to shove a curry on in the morning so mum doesn't have to worry about dinner every day after she gets back from work?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
A lovely thai lady that brings in food to work dropped a bag of these into the shop and i have no idea what they are. Any ideas?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Cum drops

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

kirbysuperstar posted:

Speaking of, what's a decent slow cooker if I want to shove a curry on in the morning so mum doesn't have to worry about dinner every day after she gets back from work?

Slow cookers are cheap as anything since they're just a heating element and a ceramic pot.
Get a small one (~3L) unless you have a big family.

KMart have some cheap ones.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

kirbysuperstar posted:

I currently have an active Choice subscription. Do you want ONLY a slowcooker, or a decent multi cooker? e.g. pressure + slow. Personally having used an instapot and a traditional crockpot brand slowcooker, I'd go for a multi. Taking up space for 1 single purpose is a waste unless you have MASSIVE amounts of storage and really dgaf and will never pressure cook, ever. Either way lmk and I'll post what Choice reckons.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

A lovely thai lady that brings in food to work dropped a bag of these into the shop and i have no idea what they are. Any ideas?

Surinam Cherry
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenia_uniflora

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ranter posted:

I currently have an active Choice subscription. Do you want ONLY a slowcooker, or a decent multi cooker? e.g. pressure + slow. Personally having used an instapot and a traditional crockpot brand slowcooker, I'd go for a multi. Taking up space for 1 single purpose is a waste unless you have MASSIVE amounts of storage and really dgaf and will never pressure cook, ever. Either way lmk and I'll post what Choice reckons.

Seconding the pressure + slow cooker combo.

Pressure cooking is like cheat hacks for the kitchen

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh yeah, combo sounds like a good idea

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I've got a Breville fast slow pro and it's awesome. Bit spenny though.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It tasted like a more fibrous granny smith, not bad at all. Wasnt expecting a single seed in the middle and that threw me for a loop but was quite nice

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

kirbysuperstar posted:

Here ya go DM me if you want more

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Airstream Driver posted:

I've got a Breville fast slow pro and it's awesome. Bit spenny though.

Yeah according to Choice breville seem like the go-to

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

kirbysuperstar posted:

I think I paid around $80 for my multi function cooker way back when but you can get them in Kmart and Big W these days. Don't get one that's too big because there's a minimum amount you need to put in them.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Lolie posted:

I think I paid around $80 for my multi function cooker way back when but you can get them in Kmart and Big W these days. Don't get one that's too big because there's a minimum amount you need to put in them.

Priced low to high:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Ranter posted:

Hahahah fastslow go bprrrŕrrr

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I got a slow cooker that has a sear function. Basically you can heat it up so you can actually brown meat etc. I think multicooker is the go because you should be able to do that.

I got a pressure cooker as well and it's actually crazy how fast it cooks stuff. I made pork ribs for the weekend and they cooked in half an hour. Gonna make a bbq sauce with the leftover liquid and finish them on the weber

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
electric pressure cookers are worth it even if you only ever use it to make chicken stock in 30mins with your coles chook carcass. It's far far FAR more efficient than a gas stove top simmer.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I like my stovetop pressure cooker but that's also cos we've already got a slow cooker and rice cooker and also it can be used when we're camping.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Ranter posted:

Lolie posted:

Ranter posted:

Priced low to high:

Thanks muchly!

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

kirbysuperstar posted:

Thanks muchly!

np remember this when they start probing me for politics

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
NVJ is barred from visiting any Westfield santa

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I have that exact instant pot and it's fantastic. The air fryer is so so (it struggles a bit with bigger loads just like your mum), but every other function it does v well in my books.

You can get it without the air fryer bit and just the duo nova, it's great. Pressure cooker is fantastic, we use it all the time to rapidly cook up beans or chickpeas from dry in like 10-30 mins. You can save a fuckload of cash and space by getting legumes, pulses etc in 1-2kg bags dry and chuck them in as you need them

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I use a stovetop pressure cooker and it's great, the appliance onces are way to unitasker/bulky for me

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I've never used my multi function cooker for rice. I used to cook it in a saucepan but got a cheap rice cooker earlier this year.

I pretty much only use the mfc for casserole type things, although I keep coming across slow cooker recipes for Asian food which I want to try.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Can anyone share their experience getting a proscription for medical cannabis? Has anyone used Alternaleaf? How willing are they to dish it out? What do I need to bring to the appointment?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Can anyone share their experience getting a proscription for medical cannabis? Has anyone used Alternaleaf? How willing are they to dish it out? What do I need to bring to the appointment?

I'm pretty sure they're all willing to dish it out. They're making a fortune from it and for some reason they're allowed to advertise a prescription product whereas pharma companies are not.

Their websites tell you what conditions it's appropriate for, so just say you have (at least) one of those conditions.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Is the growing and production/extraction process more regulated in Australia than California? Like is it possible to know that a particular product was grown without weird chemicals to make the flowers larger/quicker? Or is it just a Trust Us thing like in the US?

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Lolie posted:

I'm pretty sure they're all willing to dish it out. They're making a fortune from it and for some reason they're allowed to advertise a prescription product whereas pharma companies are not.

Their websites tell you what conditions it's appropriate for, so just say you have (at least) one of those conditions.

and do they need any proof or doctor's diagnosis or anything?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ranter posted:

Is the growing and production/extraction process more regulated in Australia than California? Like is it possible to know that a particular product was grown without weird chemicals to make the flowers larger/quicker? Or is it just a Trust Us thing like in the US?

I think the product Polln prescribes is from the US.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

No. I mean, I put down my medical history in the application doc and they asked a couple questions about it but that was it.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Nope. They will probably ask you what you've tried in the past that hasn't worked, as it's not approved for use as a first line treatment, but I can't recall anyone in this thread not being given a prescription.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

woo sweet as, thanks. What sort of things may have been tried in the past - say for anxiety or depression - that may not have worked? Assuming "raw-dogging reality" isn't what they're looking for

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
anxiety
insomnia
ptsd
joint pain
any pain

say "I have used cannabis in the past and it has markedly reduced these symptoms"
I told them it reduced or replaced the need for paracetamol, codeine and diazepam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Bingo, cheers