Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

I left all chat channels and it's made the game way more enjoyable. There is an unreal concentration of assholes in this game. It defies belief. Idk what it is about blizzard games that draw these people in, but it is def happening.

Def not a blizzard thing. Any hyper competitive shooter/moba/RTS will be the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
I left text channels and will just mute if someone's being a sociopath on comms. Otherwise I use comms for callouts and constant positivity and whaddya know, my win rate has skyrocketed

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Lmao @ them giving Ramattra Trident emote on the free track but Ramattra Poseidon skin on the premium track.
Not even subtle in the slightest.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

BabyRyoga posted:

Def not a blizzard thing. Any hyper competitive shooter/moba/RTS will be the same way.

Yeah go dip your toe in League of Legends to see some truly depraved people.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The best thing about this video is the Mercy rezzing the enemy Rammatra at the end :allears:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

comedyblissoption posted:

i used to think blizz banning chat and voice from hearthstone was a mistake -- but it probably wasnt

definitely isn't a mistake compared to doing nothing at all

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Has anyone encountered a Sombra dropping her translocator into a payload's path, teleporting into it and squatting there until the clock runs out? I saw a few posts grousing about that.

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013

Father Wendigo posted:

Has anyone encountered a Sombra dropping her translocator into a payload's path, teleporting into it and squatting there until the clock runs out? I saw a few posts grousing about that.

I would expect it to destroy the translocator like it does turrets and other constructs. It doesn't do that?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Welp. Now we know who's going to be disabled next.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Father Wendigo posted:

Was that before or after the patch? Patch notes mention:

quote:

Colosseo
Fixed geometry that allowed some heroes to contest undetected

Esperança
Fixed geometry that allowed some heroes to contest undetected

Paraíso
Fixed a bug that allowed some heroes to get inside of the payload

Entirely possible they missed sombra / this bugfix introduced a new bug, ofc

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
The Sombra bug/exploit was definitely pre-patch. No idea if it's still happening after.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Doomfist is in a really good place now - he's going to be like widow, really good in the right hands, utter garbage in others.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

https://i.imgur.com/sgFTEUA.mp4

Balanced hero indeed.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The "doom throw" makes it

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

dogstile posted:

The "doom throw" makes it

Even before that like, they were guaranteed to finish with more time even if they didn't stop those dudes at all and probably would have brought them to overtime and won in the next round

people give up in this game all the time dude!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Jesus, the broken matchmaking has sucked any possible enjoyment I could get out of this game. For a majority of quick play matches, it's either a completely futile shitshow or a boring stompfest. I'd rather sit in a 10 minute queue for a decent match than one minute queues for pointless ones.

E: I totally buy into the theory that Blizzard intentionally sabotaged the matchmaking system to mask queue length issues from before. I wouldn't put it past them given their shady in-game shop poo poo. It just feels like there's a fundamentally different team at the reins of this iteration of OW than before, it's just soulless.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Dec 9, 2022

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

One of the reasons Support, and Ana in particular is so frustrating is that you're the only one really incentivised at low levels to watch other people's ult levels (apart from maybe Zarya). Coming back from spawn with nano to watch a lone soldier ulting a 1v5 fight and dying instantly is enough to tilt anyone. Or trying to get through to that same solider that maybe they want to take the highground because we both have ult again, then just sighing and hitting the nano on the lowground and once more watching them do gently caress all.

Please, DPS I am begging you. Hit tab, check ults.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I hate how the "Group Up" command randomly says the opposite of what you want it to say.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hey just curious are the rewards for owning overwatch 1 already expired or can you get them if you log in before the end of season 2. googles giving me conflicting information on the SEO sites

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Endorph posted:

hey just curious are the rewards for owning overwatch 1 already expired or can you get them if you log in before the end of season 2. googles giving me conflicting information on the SEO sites

You had to have logged in before Season 1 was over for the founders pack rewards and Season 1 was over 3 days ago. https://www.ggrecon.com/guides/overwatch-2-founders-pack-explained-how-to-get/

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rip

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

It's not so bad. You lost 2 skins, an Icon and you need to play a little to unlock the 3 new characters from season 1.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

So if I don't get far enough on this seasons battle pass I'll miss the chance to get rammatra forever?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cpt_Obvious posted:

So if I don't get far enough on this seasons battle pass I'll miss the chance to get rammatra forever?

No, you can unlock heroes by winning 35 games and using their abilities in practice mode a few times, starting from the season after they've been introduced.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Cpt_Obvious posted:

You can unlock him later by doing his hero challenge.
Here is Junker queens challenge:

1. Try all abilities in practice range as listed
2. Win 35 games queued as all-roles or tank.

Ramattra is likely to be same.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Issaries posted:

You can unlock him later by doing his hero challenge.
Here is Junker queens challenge:

1. Try all abilities in practice range as listed
2. Win 35 games queued as all-roles or tank.

Ramattra is likely to be same.

Nice! didnt know about this.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Jack Trades posted:

I hate how the "Group Up" command randomly says the opposite of what you want it to say.

:same:

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Jack Trades posted:

It's not random, it's contextual for where you're looking. If you're looking at a teammate in front of your you'll say you're going to group up with them or whatever. Look at the ground or a wall if you want to use it to tell people to wait.

I reinstalled and have been playing a bunch. The matchmaking is still very very uneven but I've managed to capture a more Zen approach to the streakiness somehow. Sojourn is utterly busted as gently caress and I've been exploiting that more than is reasonable so I get punished every time I try to play a fuckaround hero. Ah well.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
I picked Junker Queen in a quick play game and got an “L tank diff change” before the spawn doors even opened lmao

Won with zero deaths and the guy left halfway through

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I had some dude bitch at me non stop for throwing the game because I dared to play Symmetra when enemy team had a Winston.

I ended with most damage, kills and a potg. :shrug:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Competitive trip report

1-7 Support (where I made it to gold in OW1)
2-2 Tank
1-0 DPS

I guess I'm not even a mediocre support player anymore. Thank you for freeing me Blizzard.

The 1 was a game where the player playing Sojourn got on mic (I'm trying thread, I've had a mic on for all of these matches as much as I hate it) to yell at me for having speed on when I literally was waiting to taxi them from spawn to near the point but a tracer basically pushed their face in rather instantly. That broke me because the other healer and I had a grand total of 8 combined deaths halfway through round 3, including a double deathless match, and I had 7K plus healing and had been trying to babysit them the whole match while they run right at the enemy and I have to choose between the team or them. So I said as much on the mic, the tank types trash team, then this dude goes off on the tank who . . . well let's be real was having a pretty bad match, but gently caress that I don't like this person who is yelling at them so I respond with toxic positivity talking about all the good things the tank is trying to and how good a team we were for most of the game and that we're playing well, actually. Hilariously at this time we finally clear the point in round 3 and proceed to stomp even worse than we stomped them during round 1. Sojourn has a parting insult for the tank, I say "actually I think they inspired us to victory." Yay my one comp support win.

BrianBoitano posted:

Doomfist is in a really good place now - he's going to be like widow, really good in the right hands, utter garbage in others.

Yeah my bronze (likely) experience against him is that he's still mostly bad for this level. Was nigh-unkillable with a Mercy pocket but that's most tanks at that rank.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
the funny thing is that being sickeningly and relentlessly positive will probably increase your overall win rate

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Rick posted:

Competitive trip report

1-7 Support (where I made it to gold in OW1)
2-2 Tank
1-0 DPS

I guess I'm not even a mediocre support player anymore. Thank you for freeing me Blizzard.

It's just as likely you're actually not bad at support but due to the nature of OW2 you actually can't do much if your tank/dps suck or if your team stays staggered and disorganized, which is common at low ranks. The old dogma simply doesn't apply here.

As a personal anecdote, I was regularly Diamond/Master in OW1 and I continue to be matched accordingly into OW2 when I quick play, but my support comp rank dropped to Gold after strings of losses. solo support queue is agony, as it's always been.

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 9, 2022

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Don't worry though, sleep dart cooldown is one second quicker and Mercy got more bullets!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Did 3 all role queues for my dailies and actually had one match as a tank, one as a dps, and one as support. That never happened before. I wonder if they made some changes to give people more variety?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
I'm Plat 1 and i'm getting a LOT of Masters and Grandmasters and Top 500 Challengers in my matches (80% on the enemy team) so that rocks lol

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Pattonesque posted:

I'm Plat 1 and i'm getting a LOT of Masters and Grandmasters and Top 500 Challengers in my matches (80% on the enemy team) so that rocks lol

The game's just testing your limits is all...

...lol.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

F.D. Signifier posted:

Did 3 all role queues for my dailies and actually had one match as a tank, one as a dps, and one as support. That never happened before. I wonder if they made some changes to give people more variety?

I would love it if this was the case cause that daily challenge taunts me but I'm sick of playing nothing but support.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

novaSphere posted:

It's just as likely you're actually not bad at support but due to the nature of OW2 you actually can't do much if your tank/dps suck or if your team stays staggered and disorganized, which is common at low ranks. The old dogma simply doesn't apply here.

As a personal anecdote, I was regularly Diamond/Master in OW1 and I continue to be matched accordingly into OW2 when I quick play, but my support comp rank dropped to Gold after strings of losses. solo support queue is agony, as it's always been.

I've started to notice that in addition to like 3 or 4 entirely different ways matchmaking is busted right now and producing unplayable games, the game in general feels way more DPS Meta than OW1. So, even as a support it's a lot more important to do effective damage in fights as your number 2 priority after "don't let someone who is gonna die die". You can't really heal bot and expect your team to carry you like you could years ago and with two tanks. At the same time, it's really hard for YOU to carry. If you are Kiriko and hitting nothing but headshots maybe you can pop off, but it isn't going to be enough if your team sucks. And even if your team is good, it might be too little. It's frustrating to say the least.

Related, the Mercy change this patch is a step in the right direction but also terrible; she needs to be able to do reliable damage contribution in fights, not pull out her pistol and shoot at a Genji flying in her face. Any other support has a pretty decent method of producing some level of damage without having to hotswap weapons. Her boost doesn't really cut it, it's more situational to push other heroes over the edge in specific situations and causes more problems than anything (like with Soujourn).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

F.D. Signifier posted:

I've also had this, but had assumed everyone queuing for NEW TANK had thrown things off. Also, turns out I am now real bad at DPS