Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Withnail posted:

Imagining Elon Musk on his private jet rummaging through the DMs of various celebrities with a smug rear end grin on his face...

He’s probably just name-searching, and getting confused when “felon” keeps getting picked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
She said she never got that DM but then she shared that pic with three other people with some bullshit about "if I go missing..."

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I want that "fiduciary!" emoji

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It’s extremely funny that it doesn’t look like Musk even understands countries outside the US even exist

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Unbanning Libs of Tik Tok is bringing this saga into an entirely new and extremely unfunny direction. gently caress Apartheid Elon.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Unbanning Libs of Tik Tok is bringing this saga into an entirely new and extremely unfunny direction. gently caress Apartheid Elon.

I don’t want to hand it to Azaelia Banks but “Apartheid Clyde” is the GOAT insult

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

AFAIK they were never banned? At most I think they were in the naughty corner with Jordan Peterson being locked out until they deleted one rule-breaking tweet, and refusing to do so on principle

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Yeah they were never banned, they got some tiny suspensions once in a while and everyone had been suspecting Twitter gave them preferential treatment. The twitter files 2 pretty much confirms that

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

repiv posted:

AFAIK they were never banned? At most I think they were in the naughty corner with Jordan Peterson being locked out until they deleted one rule-breaking tweet, and refusing to do so on principle

That tracks with @jack and his "pure heart" (according to Elmo). Threaten children's hospitals because of trans panic? Go sit in the corner for five minutes and think about what you've done.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
azealia banks is basically an agent of chaos. extremely right in some cases, quite the opposite is numerous others

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao Bari Weiss is a massive loving idiot

I don't know Elon maybe you are the inmate who let all the lunatics out? Have you considered that?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

thathonkey posted:

azealia banks is basically an agent of chaos. extremely right in some cases, quite the opposite is numerous others

Also 212 still slaps!

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Promoted tweets are getting weird.

It’s an Official :eightbux: account, thank goodness for that.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

thathonkey posted:

Am I remembering right that Elon wanted a threesome with Grimes and Iggy Azalea but there was a miscommunication and when Azalea Banks showed up, he acted super pissy and ignored her?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Am I remembering right that Elon wanted a threesome with Grimes and Iggy Azalea but there was a miscommunication and when Azalea Banks showed up, he acted super pissy and ignored her?

i dont remember the details but they were all fuckin around at some point and she saw his dick so yea that tracks

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

my twitter ads have mostly remained as big brands, but the good stuff is starting to leak through now

i just got served a promoted tweet of someone wishing themselves a happy birthday

the tweet is from april 2020

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Entropic posted:

Promoted tweets are getting weird.

It’s an Official :eightbux: account, thank goodness for that.

I can tell these are photoshopped even in this thumbnail

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

The Hunter dick pics "story" was funny in how pathetic it was but this one should trigger a number of lawsuits at the very least. And should convince everyone to delete their accounts ASAP.

Too late to delete your account, I would bet a lot of money that even if archiving the whole data trove isn't the first thing Musk did, his FSB handler (known or unknown) will have done it

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
pro tip: if you suffer through using the twitter web app on your phone or desktop you can block most of the ads. on ios i didnt even have to do anything safari just went to work black holing all that bullshit

Sylvian Wastes
Jan 3, 2022

by Hand Knit

thathonkey posted:

pro tip: if you suffer through using the twitter web app on your phone or desktop you can block most of the ads. on ios i didnt even have to do anything safari just went to work black holing all that bullshit

Yeah, just the basic adguard app, the free one breaks 99% of Google Chrome ads for me on Android because it black holes stuff like that. Its why I use the website version of twitter.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Wasn’t saying you were wrong. Was more just saying I think they make to much money to jump to the chud ship and the current midterm and other stuff show that. When it changes we will know.

Yeah, I was just riffing on what you said.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/the_nerd_skull/status/1601073976071290880?s=46&t=z0EBEFL9ciEJsdUn_i1pzA

https://twitter.com/the_nerd_skull/status/1601076034950287361?s=46&t=z0EBEFL9ciEJsdUn_i1pzA

:munch:

Wistful of Dollars fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 9, 2022

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Lol yeah for sure dude

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Come onnnn don't get my hopes up Woke Moralist :(

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yah it was funny when GDPR was coming into effect and even loving Facebook at the height of their arrogance was scrupulously (appearing to) toe the line.

To just be so ridiculously blatant about not giving a gently caress is gonna get you directly in their crosshairs.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I work in IT in an EU country and just seeing the words "revealed PII to outside actors" made my heart rate jump in the bad way.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Splicer posted:

I work in IT in an EU country and just seeing the words "revealed PII to outside actors" made my heart rate jump in the bad way.

don't worry bari said it's okay.

(reminder that they're still under a consent decree that bars this)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

priznat posted:

Yah it was funny when GDPR was coming into effect and even loving Facebook at the height of their arrogance was scrupulously (appearing to) toe the line.

To just be so ridiculously blatant about not giving a gently caress is gonna get you directly in their crosshairs.

Even meta has been fined €900m in the last year

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

id like to see ol' musk slither his way out of this one

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Add it to the pile of things Elon has done that are totally going to sink him, just you wait, any day now!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I had to fill in a bunch of forms and talk with our head of legal after I noticed we'd published a document early with someone's details on it when they should have still been able to withdraw permission and avoid the publication.

That was me noticing we'd done it, not being the person who did it.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
if youre still holding out for justice im sorry to be the one to tell you that we aint getting poo poo

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
it’ll be a fine several years too late to matter if gdpr amounts to anything, people are overestimating the prowess and speed of eu bureaucracy which mostly exists to give wealthy failsons a place to wear expensive suits around each other

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Yes, this is definitely going so well for him thus far, he's obviously showing up the doomsayers with checks notes a heavily unprofitable business he overpaid for by tens of billions while the rest of his empire slowly slides into the ocean while incurring potentially huge legal liabilities. Top of the world, ma.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

goatface posted:

You shouldn't need to have a guard on suicide watch in the coding pens.

It's true. You can give the janitor a dog catching pole to fetch the coders out of the suicide nets when they get all tangled up.

Two jobs for the price of one. Savings.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Azhais posted:

Even meta has been fined €900m in the last year

3 days ago they ate another because targeted ads was found to be illegal

e: https://gizmodo.com/facebook-instagram-targeted-ads-europe-privacy-ruling-1849860593

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 9, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

goatface posted:

I had to fill in a bunch of forms and talk with our head of legal after I noticed we'd published a document early with someone's details on it when they should have still been able to withdraw permission and avoid the publication.

That was me noticing we'd done it, not being the person who did it.
how many billions of dollars do you have tho

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Splicer posted:

Yep. On a previous research project we did some VERY MINOR personal data collection, which basically meant a long meeting with the university's legal team, then weekly check ins with them to make absolutely loving sure we weren't mishandling anything, because a gently caress up would have potentially had disastrous results for the entire god drat school.

E: and with GDPR violations "we did it by accident" isn't a defence, but "we intentionally did it, for internet clout" sure as gently caress is a aggravating factor.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 9, 2022

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Bad Purchase posted:

it’ll be a fine several years too late to matter if gdpr amounts to anything, people are overestimating the prowess and speed of eu bureaucracy which mostly exists to give wealthy failsons a place to wear expensive suits around each other

Well yeah, they are not going to throw Elon in jail or shut down twitter, but they have a history of significant fines, Intel and Microsoft stand out if I remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Endorph posted:

id like to see ol' musk slither his way out of this one

Ah! Well. Nevertheless,