Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Plus you can have almost anything work by just handwaving it away as "the Orks latent psyker stuff"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Already got a Waagh system in Coherency. Add more orks for more waagh

90% of the cosmetics are already red anyway

Molrok
May 30, 2011

I'm 'ere to krump punies and eat rations. :dukedog:
And I'm all outta rations (shoutty ate 'em)

Has anyone seen a weapon with the stat bars go above 80%? Noticed that's the max on stuff I have and haven't seen anything go beyond it on Peddler / Melk wares (random items from Melk still inconclusive due to limited funds).

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Fishstick posted:

Already got a Waagh system in Coherency. Add more orks for more waagh

90% of the cosmetics are already red anyway

New system where if you try and use your shoota outside of coherency it just explodes.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, I remember the first patch said that toughness would prevent health damage bleeding through until it breaks, the patch where toughness over 100 would cause it to go ALL to health, right now I'm taking chip damage through toughness from everything in melee if toughness gets below 90% like it used to, did they just revert it all intentionally? or accidentally and pull a fatshark move?

Also, this is the first time I've seen the lights out modifier since launch and it effects every map, I don't understand why they do all or nothing for modifiers like this, if you aren't on at a specific hour you miss it.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Dec 9, 2022

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Molnija posted:

Has anyone seen a weapon with the stat bars go above 80%? Noticed that's the max on stuff I have and haven't seen anything go beyond it on Peddler / Melk wares (random items from Melk still inconclusive due to limited funds).

Presumably that's going to be the realm of the DT equivalent of VT's red-tier items.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

toasterwarrior posted:

Presumably that's going to be the realm of the DT equivalent of VT's red-tier items.

Maybe, but weren't red items in VT just orange tier, but perfectly rolled? They weren't better than what you could technically get on an orange item IIRC.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
That's why I said equivalent, not exact copy.

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So, I remember the first patch said that toughness would prevent health damage bleeding through until it breaks, the patch where toughness over 100 would cause it to go ALL to health, right now I'm taking chip damage through toughness from everything in melee if toughness gets below 90% like it used to, did they just revert it all intentionally? or accidentally and pull a fatshark move?

Also, this is the first time I've seen the lights out modifier since launch and it effects every map, I don't understand why they do all or nothing for modifiers like this, if you aren't on at a specific hour you miss it.

The toughness change is that there is no health damage bleed through if you take a melee hit at full toughness. You essentially get one free melee hit. But below 100% toughness, melee damage will bleed through to health proportional to the amount of toughness you're missing.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
I honestly dont mind the toughness change. The occasional rear end hit is what chips you down and toughness does a decent job at preventing that.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

It also wouldn't be as big of a deal if enemies did not have personal teleportation devices specifically targeting my butthole

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah fix that teleporting/spawn weirdness and Im fully on board

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Diogenes of Sinope posted:

The toughness change is that there is no health damage bleed through if you take a melee hit at full toughness. You essentially get one free melee hit. But below 100% toughness, melee damage will bleed through to health proportional to the amount of toughness you're missing.

It also means that it's one free hit every time your toughness goes back to 100 so if you have some good regen perks then you can take a lot of hits without any damage so long as you stay above a certain point and keep slashing.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I guess this'll do for Zealot until I find a better Lacerate knife.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Enjoy posted:

I need hazard stripes on my weapons ASAP!

I like to think that 38,000 years into the future they've cargo culted themselves into believing hazard stripes are a display of power and martial prowess and not just a workplace safety measure. Welfare of labor is so far down the list of concerns that they can't even conceive of something designed to help keep workers safe.

" This pattern was intended to mean danger and dismemberment, of course it's a power display. What else could it be?".

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Edmond Dantes posted:

I guess this'll do for Zealot until I find a better Lacerate knife.

That thing looks great. I'm sure it'll do work.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

jus' love two fings: me emprah, me fightin', an me 'usband. simple as.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
I'm leveling a Zealot right now and just unlocked and started playing around with the Eviscerator and, just, god drat. Holy poo poo. It rips so hard. I almost literally entirely started leveling the class because the Thunder Hammer looked super sick, but it's gonna be hard to use anything else on them unless that charged headpop feels really loving good.

It's also given me the chance to try out the Bolter, which is cool but broadly not groundbreaking for me. It feels really good and is obviously mechanically extremely strong but it's not as satisfying as firing a braced autogun into a crowd or literally anything I do with the revolver.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Sab Sabbington posted:

I'm leveling a Zealot right now and just unlocked and started playing around with the Eviscerator and, just, god drat. Holy poo poo. It rips so hard. I almost literally entirely started leveling the class because the Thunder Hammer looked super sick, but it's gonna be hard to use anything else on them unless that charged headpop feels really loving good.

Eviscerator rules, zealot rules. The flamethrower is incredible btw, I think it's the single best way to lock down a whole horde. I only wish zealot got access to the veteran's power sword.

Bolter is great for deleting a special via magdump, but your ult also does that with melee and the vet can do it at range, so I take the flamethrower instead. YMMV.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Eviscerator rules, zealot rules. The flamethrower is incredible btw, I think it's the single best way to lock down a whole horde. I only wish zealot got access to the veteran's power sword.

Bolter is great for deleting a special via magdump, but your ult also does that with melee and the vet can do it at range, so I take the flamethrower instead. YMMV.

Oh, yeah, I should have said the flamethrower feels loving dope and is clearly just incredibly strong but after playing Voidstaff Psyker since the pre-launch I really want the baseline reaction to hordes to be to get the gently caress in there and mess poo poo up that way--it's why I've been leaning more heavily towards the Revolver even over the braced autogun because I know how to lock a huge horde in place from VT2, dammit, and I miss consistently doing it.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The latest (gamepass) update improved the game's stability a lot for me, I only crashed once in 5 games.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Sab Sabbington posted:

It's also given me the chance to try out the Bolter, which is cool but broadly not groundbreaking for me. It feels really good and is obviously mechanically extremely strong but it's not as satisfying as firing a braced autogun into a crowd or literally anything I do with the revolver.

Honestly? I've read that the hammer is better on paper but goddamn if the eviscerator doesn't click much better with me. It's a loving SUPERB crowd control weapon. The block+slash sends an attack out, horizontal, at head level, which is amazing for mulching crowds.

My two cents is that as a zealot you need a point damage weapon and a crowd control weapon. So for me I run the eviscerator and then a revolver or shotgun to deal with the odd elite at range, poxburster, etc. If I was going to run a flamer (which is also great) I'd probably run the hammer for the better single target.

That said, a rev'd eviscerator also mulches the gently caress out of single targets. Or crowds of targets. Really the only thing I wouldn't hit with one is a pox burster.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Sab Sabbington posted:

Oh, yeah, I should have said the flamethrower feels loving dope and is clearly just incredibly strong but after playing Voidstaff Psyker since the pre-launch I really want the baseline reaction to hordes to be to get the gently caress in there and mess poo poo up that way--it's why I've been leaning more heavily towards the Revolver even over the braced autogun because I know how to lock a huge horde in place from VT2, dammit, and I miss consistently doing it.

Oh yeah, 100% eviscerator + revolver then. That's 100% what that build is.

Tanky as fuuuuck too. Not shield ogryn level of course but you can absolutely charge into a bunch of assholes.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

From my limited experience, thunder hammer and evis are equally good but just go about things differently. That's how stuff should be balanced imo. Equally viable so you can leave it up to playstyle preference. Bonus, when you get bored with one you can pick up the other and not feel like you are kneecapping yourself.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Fatshark please where's my chainsword and flame pistol combo

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

big cummers ONLY posted:

From my limited experience, thunder hammer and evis are equally good but just go about things differently. That's how stuff should be balanced imo. Equally viable so you can leave it up to playstyle preference. Bonus, when you get bored with one you can pick up the other and not feel like you are kneecapping yourself.

In this essay I will explain why they are both inferior to the turtolsky heavy sword

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Cyrano4747 posted:

Honestly? I've read that the hammer is better on paper but goddamn if the eviscerator doesn't click much better with me. It's a loving SUPERB crowd control weapon. The block+slash sends an attack out, horizontal, at head level, which is amazing for mulching crowds.

Yeah I think the eviscerator heavy, push slash, heavy, push slash rhythm is probably the safest way to learn crowd control early on. Not many weapons are that easy to avoid getting hit with.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

toastin chumps with the power of my mind

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I leveled my Vet to 30. What should I do for an alt? Seems like Zealot or Orgryn would be much more melee focused, while Psyker is a weird battlemage hybrid? I like the idea of the Psyker but is substantially more taxing to balance their systems vs. a Vet? Which was pretty much "click on heads and press F and click on elite's heads".

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

every class in the game is going to be more taxing to play than a veteran

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is there a weapon perk or a curio that lets me as an Ogryn bleed on more attacks or generally help get stacks of bleed for the toughness feat? Having it on heavy attacks works pretty well with the wide sweeps of the shield but was looking for a simple "bleed on hit" or something like it and haven't seen anything like that yet.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Yeah I think the eviscerator heavy, push slash, heavy, push slash rhythm is probably the safest way to learn crowd control early on. Not many weapons are that easy to avoid getting hit with.

the hammers heavy attack feels like the vermintide 2 hammer though which is nice (in fact it's basically the same thing!)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Diogenes of Sinope posted:

Now I get why I've been taking so much chip damage without my toughness bar being depleted :downs:

I guess it makes sense. Kind of discourages getting into the thick of things, though.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

every class in the game is going to be more taxing to play than a veteran

True.

Looks like Zealot will be a good change of pace.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Unpopular opinion: I like the chain axe just fine and can't make the flamethrower work for me.

The chain axe feels good with appropriate attack speed feats and drat if it doesn't kill things very quickly. The "getting stuck" part of the axe has never really hosed me before, though it is definitely there. I also like the knife. The only melee weapons I haven't really cared for on Zealot so far are the heavy sword and the regular chainsword.

I can't make flamethrower work. It kinda roots you in place and it has no long range, which are big weaknesses for Zealot. I can see how good it does its job but 'controlling hoards at close range' is something Zealot already excels at in melee. I suppose if I was running hammer for special deletion exclusively that might work but I don't really feel the flamer has the ammo to be relied on as your primary weapon.

Just opinions.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

Now I get why I've been taking so much chip damage without my toughness bar being depleted :downs:

I guess it makes sense. Kind of discourages getting into the thick of things, though.

Killing things in melee replenishes toughness tho.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Mendrian posted:

Unpopular opinion: I like the chain axe just fine and can't make the flamethrower work for me.

The chain axe feels good with appropriate attack speed feats and drat if it doesn't kill things very quickly. The "getting stuck" part of the axe has never really hosed me before, though it is definitely there. I also like the knife. The only melee weapons I haven't really cared for on Zealot so far are the heavy sword and the regular chainsword.

I can't make flamethrower work. It kinda roots you in place and it has no long range, which are big weaknesses for Zealot. I can see how good it does its job but 'controlling hoards at close range' is something Zealot already excels at in melee. I suppose if I was running hammer for special deletion exclusively that might work but I don't really feel the flamer has the ammo to be relied on as your primary weapon.

Just opinions.

The axes push attack is fantastic and once you get used to the flow of it I think it's definitely underrated but probably still needs something a little extra but I'm not sure what.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Honestly all the chain weapons just feel intrinsically better than their regular bladed equivalents. Just having that angry whirr every time you swing and it seeming to get faster and louder the more aggressively you start hacking apart a horde is just insanely satisfying. :allears:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mendrian posted:

Killing things in melee replenishes toughness tho.

True enough, but it seems like in every single melee fight involving sufficient numbers there is that one grunt enemy just out of frame, waiting to hit you in the rear end and chip away at your health.

e: should I be playing with the maximum FOV?

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

True enough, but it seems like in every single melee fight involving sufficient numbers there is that one grunt enemy just out of frame, waiting to hit you in the rear end and chip away at your health.

I had this for a while, and it still happens occasionally, but if you keep looking around and if you keep dodging backwards you'll usually dodge past whatever goon is trying to position himself directly behind your body. The same problem existed in Vermintide and I used to refer to the phenomenon as 'buttrats'. You can partially overcome it as long as you don't a) lock your vision 180 degrees in front of you, like ever, b.) make sure to block even if things aren't 'actively' attacking you and c.) remember to dodge. I'm maining Zealot so grain of salt because I can hit F to get back half my toughness but I can go long stretches of level without taking any damage.

Phlegmish posted:

e: should I be playing with the maximum FOV?

In my experience no, that poo poo makes me sick.