Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

rocket slime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
pokemon scarlet. looks and runs terrible 99% of the time but still pretty fun. not the real arceus + traditional pokemon fusion i was hoping for after finishing arceus but maybe the next one will be. or maybe they'll decide to develop and release two completely separate open world pokemon games at the same time again

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Immortality

I didn't like the randomness inherent to what they went with this time. Her Story had a contrived limitation in how you had to search for video clips, but at least it made finding new clips a puzzle. Here it is often literally just down to luck whether the game decides to show you something new or not.

That aside it was a cool story and pretty satisfying once everything was cleared up.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
3) Detroit: Become Human
4) A Legionary's Life
5) Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2
6) Armoured Commander II
7) DEADBOLT
8) Shadowrun: Hong Kong + 'Shadows of Hong Kong' bonus campaign
9) Gun Mute
10) A Plague Tale: Innocence
11) Hotline Miami
12) Batman: Arkham Knight
13) Intravenous
14) The Hong Kong Massacre
15) Shadwen
16) The Dark Pictures: House of Ashes
17) The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan
18) The Dark Pictures: Little Hope
19) The Quarry
20) SUPERHOT
21) LEGO: The Lord of the Rings (coop)

Beat the main campaign and got 'True Adventurer' on most levels. We'll be going back to clean up the remaining collectibles and TA ratings later today and tomorrow. Probably won't bother with the random world map fetch quests though, as they seem a bit 'meh'

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

104) Prodigal
105) Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Dragon Quest Rocket Slime: really good game and very nice surprise, wonderful characters and music and stupid puns lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch version)

Still the greatest, and even greater with dedicated sword/shield/boots buttons.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Just finished Xenoblade 3. Incredible game.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video
6. The King of Chicago (Amiga, one of the good endings)
7. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (63%)
8. Yakuza Kiwami 2
9. Tokimeki Memorial (Super Famicom, Ayako, Saki, Rei and Forever Alone endings)
10. Mother 3 - review
11. Wario World - review
12. Soul Blazer - review
13. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - review
14. Final Fantasy XV - review
15. Illusion of Gaia - review
16. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Arcade mode, Okay difficulty, April O' Neil, 1CC, No Death) - review
17. Terranigma - review
18. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Hard, D rank) - review
19. Kirby Super Star (77%, basic completion on all games including minigames and Arena)
20. Super Mario RPG
21. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
22. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All
23. Castlevania: Bloodlines (No death, Expert, Eric Lecarde) - video - video for Normal clear
24. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations
25. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
26. Sonic Generations (all challenges complete)
27. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
28. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice

last case went a hell of a lot longer than i thought it would. but it was cool. good ending, though i had most of the big reveals figured out before the trial started. anyways after 6 games and ~170 hours i think im finally sick of ace attorney, and i dont know where they'd even take the mainline story from here without it starting to feel stale.

but that's done and now i can begin my beat every dragon quest quest

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i will say the randomly plugged-in athena episode was weird and not super compelling

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the end of 6 was the first to really make me feel like "i wonder where theyll take this next" lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mycophobia posted:

i will say the randomly plugged-in athena episode was weird and not super compelling

The case itself wasn’t anything special but I thought showing her handling a case mostly on her own and proving herself was good closure for her character.

I really am curious what they’ll do next. Everything seems so tightly wrapped up it’s hard to imagine them doing anything but starting over with a new cast. But I thought the same after AA3 and think they handled the next trilogy pretty well so I guess I trust them

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

What I really want for the next game is GAA 3 that takes place in france and has Herlock going up against Lupin

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
capcom, learning from the success of western aaa devs, has been making their employees watch years of snuff films before creating their next murder mystery

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
yeah the athena chapter is my biggest mark against aa6. anyway when you're not sick of ace attorney the second edgeworth game pwns and great ace attorney is cool too

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime - all slimes rescued, max rank Tank Masters, final battle with Slival won. Great game, super charming and addictive.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

63) Chorus

The combat and drifting was great, though the ending was a bit hamfisted. Good space combat game overall

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nobody Saves the World - All Quests, All Forms S Rank

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • Mutiny (16 levels for Doom II, 2016, UV Pistol Start). 5/5. excellently built level pack, kind of a classic tech base+mixture of industrial zones and city maps. most levels were a perfect 15-20 min pace of action, exploration and secret hunting, fairly classic doom action. capped off with one slaughter arena in the final map thats pretty easy by slaughter design, but a fun finale for the set.

i have only 2 wads left from the original huge list i made to download at the start of the year...my journey is coming to a close.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

1. Returnal (True ending):
2. Katamari Damacy:
3. The Last of Us 2:
4. Demon Souls Remake:
5. Elden Ring:
6. Marvel's Spider-Man:
7. Batman: Arkham Asylum:
8. Batman: Arkham City: It fixes every issue I had with Arkham Asylum and improves on everything else with big changes or neat QoL stuff. Really really good game. The only small change I'd make is being able to switch off counter indicators without needing to be on NG+
9. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D: It was fun to play this because it's such a big part of gaming history but I don't think it's aged very well. I'd only really play it if you wanted to play all the Zelda games.
10. Psychonauts 2: It really feels like a sequel to a PS2 game but with much better visuals.
11 Disco Elysium: The Final Cut:
12. Bowser's Fury:
13. Prey:
14. Luigi's Mansion 3:
15. Horizon: Zero Dawn:
16. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End This is the capstone to the series I thought 3 was going to be. A big leap visually from the original trilogy with some updates to the gameplay but ultimately just more of the same. There was a more advanced stealth system now which I initially wrote off as it feels pretty basic. But playing on hard mode it ended up being essential to clear out a few enemies before big fights. You could actually clear out entire pretty densely populated encounters or skip through them entirely with stealth which surprised me. I also liked how big a lot of the combat encounter areas were and that they were all pretty 3D. You could climb around a lot and change levels across the map compared to the older games which were much more "stick to ground floor cover and that's it". I think those bigger areas with more verticality also made the stealth a bit more fun to engage with as you were climbing all over looking for dudes to isolate and pick off instead of just slowly following one after another. Fun game and a nice story payoff to a series I've enjoyed a lot over the years.

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dragon quest heroes: rocket slime. all slimes, ultimate tank master, defeated slival.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Caligula effect 2: this ended up being just alright. I'd read good things about it and it did live up to being a simpler, smaller take on persona. I thought the battle system would end up becoming more complex and carrying it more, but it doesn't really, the melee/range counter moves right at the start are as interesting/complex as it gets. Not a bad jrpg, but I'd hoped for more.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

64) Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando

Really feel like they hosed up the balance of enemies and how tanky they were in this one. The yeti planet was miserable

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i finally beat Earthbound after playing it super passively ever since it was released on SNES Online. playing Dragon Quest for IZGC made me want to go back and finish it up, and i steamrolled through the final third of the game in the last week.

a lot of other people have said more eloquent things about this game than i ever could so i won't bother trying, suffice it to say this is easily in my top 5 SNES games and my top 5 JRPGs of all time. eager to play Mother 3, but i'm gonna go back to finish DQ2 and 3 first.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
e: I'm an idiot and mixed this up with the gaming goals thread

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Dec 8, 2022

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

106) Vampire the Masquerade: Shadows of New York

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
3) Detroit: Become Human
4) A Legionary's Life
5) Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2
6) Armoured Commander II
7) DEADBOLT
8) Shadowrun: Hong Kong + 'Shadows of Hong Kong' bonus campaign
9) Gun Mute
10) A Plague Tale: Innocence
11) Hotline Miami
12) Batman: Arkham Knight
13) Intravenous
14) The Hong Kong Massacre
15) Shadwen
16) The Dark Pictures: House of Ashes
17) The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan
18) The Dark Pictures: Little Hope
19) The Quarry
20) SUPERHOT
21) LEGO: The Lord of the Rings
22) Hardspace: Shipbreaker (100% achievements)

Cleared my debt and ended with a bit over $63mil in the bank, after repairing ol' Beulah. Took 73 shifts/days to get to that point, which according to Steam was 26hrs of runtime. Good game! I'm gonna keep it installed for the time being, since I can definitely see myself coming back to it now and again, to pick some spaceships apart

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Rhapsody A Musical Adventure: very short and simple jrpg, but lots of funny and cute bits in it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video
8. Yakuza Kiwami 2
9. Tokimeki Memorial (Super Famicom, Ayako, Saki, Rei and Forever Alone endings)
10. Mother 3 - review
11. Wario World - review
12. Soul Blazer - review
16. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Arcade mode, Okay difficulty, April O' Neil, 1CC, No Death) - review
17. Terranigma - review
19. Kirby Super Star (77%, basic completion on all games including minigames and Arena)
20. Super Mario RPG
23. Castlevania: Bloodlines (No death, Expert, Eric Lecarde) - video - video for Normal clear
29. Dragon Quest I (Super Famicom)

rescued the princess. found rotos armor but not the sword. got to level 22

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mycophobia posted:

2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
8. Yakuza Kiwami 2
10. Mother 3 - review
11. Wario World - review
12. Soul Blazer - review
17. Terranigma - review
20. Super Mario RPG
29. Dragon Quest I (Super Famicom)

rescued the princess. found rotos armor but not the sword. got to level 22

you should have sat on the save and finished it next week

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
that would not be honorable. i am a hero

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mycophobia posted:

:hai:

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

mycophobia posted:

:patriot: but with a slime holding whatever the hell the Alefgard flag is.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

welcome posted:

:patriot: but with a slime holding whatever the hell the Alefgard flag is.

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

54) Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime (100 Slimes, Tank Masters Ultimate Rank, Slival defeated and all Golden Statues)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Beat Pentiment a couple days ago but my browser crashed while I was typing up my thoughts and I kept forgetting to go back.

Wow, what a game. A really intriguing mystery at its center populated by characters that you really come to love over the course of the game. Lots of really good emotional moments of the kind that other games frequently aim for and rarely hit. The time skips between chapters were a nice touch that lets you follow these characters throughout their lives. The illuminated manuscript-styled art could have been just a gimmick but it felt like it really elevated the story and writing and had lots of imaginative little flourishes--a couple favorites are the visiting Ethiopian monk in chapter 1 who's drawn in the medieval Ethiopian style completely distinct from the other characters and backgrounds, and little touches on the text like spattered ink and furious scribbling sounds when a character is angry or upset.

If you have even the slightest interest in the game I urge you to get it, it might actually be my GOTY although of course it's nearly impossible to compare this to Elden Ring lol. I liked it so much that I played it free on Xbox Game Pass and bought it on Steam immediately after finishing so I can do all my inevitable replays portably.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

That sounds great. I wrote it off originally, but now I'll probably pick it up at some point

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i started pentiment but i have to finish 2022's other hit mostly text adventure-rpg-coya hybrid Roadwarden first. love 2 read reams of text while gaming

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Arch Nemesis posted:

That sounds great. I wrote it off originally, but now I'll probably pick it up at some point

I do have to say that I’ve always been really fascinated by stuff like this that tries to accurately recreate medieval life (or at least more than most medieval fiction does) as well as medieval theology, monks and nuns and monasteries, etc so it hits a lot of my personal buttons, maybe take it with a grain of salt if you’re not fascinated by all that stuff. But it’s the character writing that I think is the core of why it’s so good and that will hold up regardless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

107) Ynglet (all stars)

Cool Nifflas platformer based on diatoms, a bit shorter than his usual fare but still really fun.