Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Big K of Justice posted:

It sounds like.. depending on the actor, there are likeness/rights issues with using various actors portraying a character [I assume they need to work out a deal]. I recall someone at Second Dinner stating they can use the MCU costumes no problem, it's the actor/actress likeness is the issue.

If it is a contract/money issue, they can probably work far in advance and work out a charity event where it's basically non-profit and goes to the various actors selected charity or something like that.

I just want Tony Leung on my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

My cat suddenly jumped on my desk and pressed "end turn" on my keyboard, on turn 5.

Fortunately, I was playing an Infinaut deck. Smart cat.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Just try and convince me that Infinaut doesn’t exist in the first place because that happened to some dev during play testing.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I was stuck around level 40 and then I tried out an Infinaut deck. Wow. Not sure if people don’t know what’s happening, or there’s just nothing they can do about it, but either way I just won 9/10 games.

You can see some people get real excited when I don’t play anything on turn 5 and snap, it’s kinda cruel.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Red Rox posted:

I was stuck around level 40 and then I tried out an Infinaut deck. Wow. Not sure if people don’t know what’s happening, or there’s just nothing they can do about it, but either way I just won 9/10 games.

You can see some people get real excited when I don’t play anything on turn 5 and snap, it’s kinda cruel.

Do you use She Hulk as well?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mr.PayDay posted:

Do you use She Hulk as well?

That's 7 energy.

Ultimate Black Panther variant is now in game. It just cycled into my shop.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
If they're going to trick people to pay 5000 credits for variants, the least they could do is to add some unique effects or voice lines to them.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I woke up randomly during the night and saw Death in my shop and thought 'oh cool, this might be the one series 3 card worth putting a pin in', but then I didn't and then when I woke up for real she was gone.

Good job me.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

BoldFace posted:

If they're going to trick people to pay 5000 credits for variants, the least they could do is to add some unique effects or voice lines to them.

Voice lines is the thing I most want, some cards have them but a lot don't. In Hearthstone every card had one (granted there were a lot less flash visual effects)

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So what's the new event is about? I can't quite parse it.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

I need to get Mystique because I'm forming an unhinged idea for a Silver Surfer/ Cerebro deck that dips into both three cost and three power cards. If you can play both Silver Surfer and Cerebro, you would lose the Cerebro buff from some of the cards, but in a lot of situations it would probably be worth it? There's room for a lot of headache-inducing rapid math on when to drop which cards and you can easily gently caress yourself over with a badly timed Surfer wrecking your Cerebro plan. I kind of love this idea.

It'd look something like this:

# (2) Armor
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Cerebro
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Debrii
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Rhino
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Wave
# (5) Blue Marvel

I gave this a try and I don't think it works, mainly because you just can't get enough cards on the board. At most you can play five 3-costs, including Cerebro/Mystique/Surfer, it's just too anemic. Sera would help you cheat more out but she fucks up Cerebro. Would be open to suggestions though!

Patriot/Surfer is real though, and she's spectacular. I also think 7 Cerebro is real but with the nerf to Angela I need to unpack Maximus to really make it click.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Tender Bender posted:

I gave this a try and I don't think it works, mainly because you just can't get enough cards on the board. At most you can play five 3-costs, including Cerebro/Mystique/Surfer, it's just too anemic. Sera would help you cheat more out but she fucks up Cerebro. Would be open to suggestions though!

Patriot/Surfer is real though, and she's spectacular. I also think 7 Cerebro is real but with the nerf to Angela I need to unpack Maximus to really make it click.
You need brood.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ultron is in my shop now. I'd like him to try out a Patriot deck, but not enough to pin him, since I've only got like 700 tokens right now

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Megazver posted:

So what's the new event is about? I can't quite parse it.

Play up to 100 games a day to add points to an ongoing collection. Games with Rogue or Gambit in your deck count as 2. The final tally determines what rewards are given to everyone.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I'm not getting good at this game but I'm definitely starting to see plays more. Jugg right after a Wong drop. Follow it up with with a well placed Rogue. Dominate with a Silver Surfer finish on the RogueWong.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

uXs posted:

I woke up randomly during the night and saw Death in my shop and thought 'oh cool, this might be the one series 3 card worth putting a pin in', but then I didn't and then when I woke up for real she was gone.

Good job me.
oh yeah? Well I still haven't been offered death. so who's the bigger loser.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

No Wave posted:

oh yeah? Well I still haven't been offered death. so who's the bigger loser.

Me, because it will take me longer to see her again.

Well, depending on where you are in pool 3. I'm about halfway.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Tender Bender posted:

Voice lines is the thing I most want, some cards have them but a lot don't. In Hearthstone every card had one (granted there were a lot less flash visual effects)

Nah, if I can live the rest of my life without hearing "I got da best deals anywhere!" I'm ok with that

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

No Wave posted:

You need brood.

Yeah, but Brood doesn't tie into Cerebro. At least not 3-power Cerebro... which gave me inspiration.

Introducing, 2/5 Cereefer! You build a 2-power board, and either win with Cerebro on that, or buff the 3/2 cards up to 5 with Surfer for a 5 Cerebro win. It's unhinged, I love it. Biggest hang-up is a severe lack of 5 power cards to complement the Surfer-buffed. The nerf to Sera hurts here. Been playing with this and I've been doing pretty well, although I only got the Surfer-Cerebro dream once and the opponent stole Cerebro's power with Rogue (but I still won)

# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Goose
# (2) Invisible Woman
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (3) Cerebro
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Brood
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Storm
# (4) Miles Morales
# (5) Sera
#
code:

eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2lsdmVyU3VyZmVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0aXF1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2VyZWJybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnJvb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0b3JtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNckZhbnRhc3RpYyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR29vc2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yU2luaXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlcmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkludmlzaWJsZVdvbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNaWxlc01vcmFsZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5pZ2h0Y3Jhd2xlciJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 9, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That is pretty neat, huge surprise potential too!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

No Wave posted:

That is pretty neat, huge surprise potential too!

Thanks! Just pulled it off here. I think it's a pretty strong deck because you have two different win conditions that synergize, but are each pretty solid on their own if you don't draw the dream. And like you said, the surprise factor: they might see you're setting up Cerebro, or Surfer, but probably not both. And even a perfectly placed Enchantress or Cosmo only shuts down part of your plan.

The Miles/Nightcrawler package feels pretty clunky, I might drop him for Lizard or something. The problem is most of the other 5 power cards aren't things you want to stay at 5 power (Omega Red would probably fit well if I had him)

Edit: Then there are times I forget how my deck works and I gently caress myself out of a win by playing Sera when I don't have Surfer, so she would eat all my Cerebro buffs

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 9, 2022

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Boy, hela seems like some real bullshit lol

Tender Bender posted:

Legit my favorite thing about gwent

VVV Spider-Man pointing meme

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 9, 2022

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
My long nightmare of weak Series 3 pools has finally come to an end, as I've got Hela.

Edit: Excellent timing.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

the_american_dream posted:

Boy, hela seems like some real bullshit lol
it is. It's a single-player deck nothing you do matters. When you see someone discard hela snap them.

Gwent's big innovation was having three separate voicelines for each unit. Now that it's a dead game I hope they re-release beta in some fashion.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My Hela deck got me pretty far, but it’s absolutely a brain dead deck. You just discard everything until you can play Hela or Ghost Rider and hope you don’t gently caress up, but there’s very little you can actually do

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah I do not really like the discard deck. At that point you may as well put Agatha in there and let it literally play itself.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I got the pirate captain Kingpin variant in my options today, and even though I never use the card I want it

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

goferchan posted:

Yeah I do not really like the discard deck. At that point you may as well put Agatha in there and let it literally play itself.

This deck is actually pretty fun.

# (1) Blade
# (2) Morbius
# (3) Moon Knight
# (3) Lady Sif
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Hellcow
# (6) Hela
# (6) Odin
# (6) Hulk
# (6) Agatha Harkness
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWdhdGhhSGFya25lc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9kaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhlbGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkluZmluYXV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIdWxrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbGFkZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9vbktuaWdodCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9yYml1cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3dvcmRNYXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikdob3N0UmlkZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxhZHlTaWYifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhlbGxjb3cifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I don't have wave, but if you do she should be in there.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Tender Bender posted:

Rogue should steal people's lines along with their power.

I am Iron-Rogue!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

goferchan posted:

I like my other discard decks and they all require varying levels of strategy, it's just Hela where you either get the cards you need an win, or you don't and probably loose

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I’m kind of addicted to this deck:

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Iceman
# (2) Angela
# (2) Psylocke
# (3) Green Goblin
# (3) Ironheart
# (4) Wong
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) White Tiger
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQc3lsb2NrZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbmhlYXJ0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb25nIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXaGl0ZVRpZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm5pbVpvbGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyRG9vbSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT2RpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdW5zcG90In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHcmVlbkdvYmxpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifV19
#

I go back and forth on enchantress/iron man/shang chi

Also I would like a better 2 spot than angela, scorpion perhaps.

But the later on wong -> white tiger -> odin or psylocke -> doom -> arnim zola are too fun!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Snap has evened out for me 😌. I'm running Hela, but I don't necessarily have the cards to make it work super efficiently. It's sloppy, but like, just running a discard shell with high-powered cards on the side has been super effective for me. Ironically because I don't have great discard synergy it's been a lot less autoplaying than described on this page lol.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Drax in cache adam warlock in shop!!! Tokens let you be disappointed three times every day!!!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Just pulled Dracula :getin:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

Introducing, 2/5 Cereefer! You build a 2-power board, and either win with Cerebro on that, or buff the 3/2 cards up to 5 with Surfer for a 5 Cerebro win. It's unhinged, I love it. Biggest hang-up is a severe lack of 5 power cards to complement the Surfer-buffed. The nerf to Sera hurts here. Been playing with this and I've been doing pretty well, although I only got the Surfer-Cerebro dream once and the opponent stole Cerebro's power with Rogue (but I still won)

# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Goose
# (2) Invisible Woman
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (3) Cerebro
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Brood
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Storm
# (4) Miles Morales
# (5) Sera
#
code:

eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2lsdmVyU3VyZmVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0aXF1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2VyZWJybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnJvb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0b3JtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNckZhbnRhc3RpYyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR29vc2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yU2luaXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlcmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkludmlzaWJsZVdvbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNaWxlc01vcmFsZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5pZ2h0Y3Jhd2xlciJ9XX0=
#

Been playing this all day (sorry work), this deck is so sick. It's all about a lategame swing too which is awesome for getting cubes, I've gone from 60-66 today. The big strength is that while you want to combine them, going either all Cerebro or all Surfer results in a strong board state, so if you're unlucky with your draws you still probably have a competitive hand.

Here I guessed wrong on which lane to compete for on the last turn (I thought they'd go right so I abandoned that lane and went left), but it didn't matter. T5 Sera, T6 dropped Brood + Cerebro + Surfer, my lanes went from 4/4/6 to 25/14/9. A bigger swing than Infinaut+She-Hulk, and it's Shang-Chi proof, and can reach into closed lanes and even Professor X if you play right. Thank you No Wave for pointing me to Brood and sparking the idea for this deck.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 9, 2022

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Death popped up in my shop and I have never purchased any item faster in my life

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Death still good outside that featured location? Genuinely asking. I thought the main attraction for her was just auto winning the last two days

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bast is in mine but I can’t think of a good use for them. They make everything 3 power so doesn’t work with Surfer. Guess it’d be good in a Zoo deck?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

the_american_dream posted:

Death still good outside that featured location? Genuinely asking. I thought the main attraction for her was just auto winning the last two days

Still good in a destruction deck especially with moon girl I imagine

Discard with dracula too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
One of the high power decks to beat involves destroying 4+ cards in early game, then playing Wave on 5 with Death & She Hulk in hand, giving you turn 6: Death (4-4), She-Hulk (4-2), Aero (or really anything) for a total of 30ish power.