Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Wait Zealot is immune to damage while sliding?

That seems uh, potentially an issue. An issue I can enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

S.J. posted:

For the Zealot double F, are both charges on separate timers? I use the crit one right now and the problem I have is that I'm getting stuck in and regenerating it quickly but don't always need to use it in situations where I'm already swinging away
I don't think it does (anymore?), but your problem sounds exactly like the kind of thing that feat is good for. With two charges I feel like I always have one ready to save someone from a Pox Hound or something.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Alright some item math bought 2 greys, 1 at 360 and another at 359 which only being ~20 under the max power limit should have gotten me to at least 500, it did not. The 360 got me to 483 and the 359 got me to 461 because of the random chance??

I think we'll need a break point for greens, blues, and purples to determine whether its worth rolling it to the next level because if you get a bad roll and are under the threshhold then its pointless to keep upgrading it. If it's 380 for a white/grey then i'm guessing at least over 400 for a green.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Played Throneside for the first time a couple days ago and it's pretty dang cool.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

The Demilich posted:

Put a Squat in the game. Let me go grudge mode in Warhammer again.

Weren't squats recently (last few years) made cannon again in rogue trader?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

If true this is super dumb. Should be the same across all characters.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Internet Explorer posted:

If true this is super dumb. Should be the same across all characters.

I've been sprinting a lot less lately on the vet due to the deadshot feat needing stamina. So that's good, I guess.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
Rating and colour doesn't matter though, right? Its the weapons damage stat, your feats/blessings/properties and enemy location type?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nitrousoxide posted:

Weren't squats recently (last few years) made cannon again in rogue trader?

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Leagues_of_Votann

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

S.J. posted:

For the Zealot double F, are both charges on separate timers? I use the crit one right now and the problem I have is that I'm getting stuck in and regenerating it quickly but don't always need to use it in situations where I'm already swinging away

Yep, two charges, two timers.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Goddammit. I thought I was being elite with my cool footwork. Turns out Preacher just ignores the damage.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Oh wow, I had no idea. That's kinda neat.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Squats and League of Votann are sort of different.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/06/revealed-squat-prospectors-hit-the-motherlode-in-the-ash-wastes/

Squats exist in Necromunda, League of Votann are the new 40k faction.

I think in-lore, the Squats are kin who were brought to Necromunda to help rebuild, and the Imperium had no exit strategy for that, so they basically got stranded there for thousands of years.

Also mechanically, Squat models don't have rules in 40k, and League of Votann models don't have rules in Necromunda, unlike Genestealer Cults, for example.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Senethro posted:

Rating and colour doesn't matter though, right? Its the weapons damage stat, your feats/blessings/properties and enemy location type?

Color is just a rating of how many perks or blessings a weapon has. Green is one perk, blue is one perk one blessing, purple is two perks one blessing and orange is two perks two blessings. Rating matters but not really past 380 on greys, as your bars will only go up so much when upgrading a grey.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Orv posted:

Color is just a rating of how many perks or blessings a weapon has. Green is one perk, blue is one perk one blessing, purple is two perks one blessing and orange is two perks two blessings. Rating matters but not really past 380 on greys, as your bars will only go up so much when upgrading a grey.

So 380 and maybe max damage for grays?

Doesn't really bode well for my influx of "need store to sell bigger number" blues from leveling.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The store blows imo, ive seen maybe 3 or 4 items worth buying (base item over 350) in 100 hours

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

widespread posted:

So 380 and maybe max damage for grays?

Doesn't really bode well for my influx of "need store to sell bigger number" blues from leveling.

The only reason I can see for storing blues is to take the blessings from them later to apply to other weapons, and because blessings have tiers, you will be able to combine lower tiered blessings to make a higher tier one to transfer to an item.

When Crafting is fully unlocked.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

ZombyDog posted:

The only reason I can see for storing blues is to take the blessings from them later to apply to other weapons, and because blessings have tiers, you will be able to combine lower tiered blessings to make a higher tier one to transfer to an item.

When Crafting is fully unlocked.

I guess fair. Either unlocked or finished, since allegedly they had to scrap a different system midway through dev time. Don't quote me on that, though. I saw it on a PCGamer interview and... well, it's pretty lame to not have a key part in, but I dunno how I'd want to balance it myself without going min-effort.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I got crouch bound to one of the shoulder buttons on my mouse and am always sliding running forward as a zealot, now I realize why

terrorist ambulance fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 9, 2022

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Arghy posted:

I think we'll need a break point for greens, blues, and purples to determine whether its worth rolling it to the next level because if you get a bad roll and are under the threshhold then its pointless to keep upgrading it. If it's 380 for a white/grey then i'm guessing at least over 400 for a green.

The number is broken up in the stat breakdowns. You can see how much of the power number budget is allocated to the stats/perks/blessings in the upper right of each section.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yep, two charges, two timers.

gently caress yeah

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Jerkface posted:

The store blows imo, ive seen maybe 3 or 4 items worth buying (base item over 350) in 100 hours

The weekly store? Yeah it's honestly trash compared to the normal one

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Could be worse. Imagine it with more rectangles

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Internet Explorer posted:

Yeah, the set pieces are really lacking. Huge, glaring oversight, to be honest.

Something they talked about in early interviews was setpieces and missions involving the npcs more, so I was expecting Leman Russes called in for artillery support, that the squads of other agents would occasionally make appearances, etc. Things like that.

Instead with how limiting with each finale being determined solely by the mission type and only some finales mixing objectives together is a pretty big shame.

That kind of big setpiece that changes the scale of the game would also be a good way to differentiate lower threat starting zones from larger higher threat later game zones, but as is the game doesn't really distinguish between zones at all, making the progression and sense of adventure more limited than vt2.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah, ambient combat with Guard poo poo blasting/being blasted would rule. Want to see a Leman Russ Demolisher wipe a horde.

EDIT: Then a dog pounces on it and it dies

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The Lamenters show up and loving die

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

I imagine the one map where you are walking down the bridge while they mention the demolisher would be a good way to do that.

Alas...

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Dandywalken posted:

Yeah, ambient combat with Guard poo poo blasting/being blasted would rule. Want to see a Leman Russ Demolisher wipe a horde.

I want there to be a tank ride involved somewhere just so I can see how happy it makes all the Ogryns :allears:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

What I desperately need is a train map. Moving down one of those titanic trains like the one in Necromunda Hired Gun as enemies pour from the crooks and corners of the superstructure, drop down from above and jump from boarding craft. Then again I think every game should have a train level. Crusader Kings should have a train level.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Also I hope instead of ratling sniper the 5th slot is like mechanicus adept and they get a volkite because exploding hordes with a heat ray sounds fun.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I definitely think we need a turret/Little Guy Who Follows You character more than we need another sharpshooter.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Magus work customizable floating servo skull that you can also equip different weapon load outs on, or like a scanning weapon to pinpoint elites apply weakness debuffs or something

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

let us be this guy. OP as hell until you encounter stairs.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Ogryn pick you up lift you up stairs! Helps!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

Something they talked about in early interviews was setpieces and missions involving the npcs more, so I was expecting Leman Russes called in for artillery support, that the squads of other agents would occasionally make appearances, etc. Things like that.

Instead with how limiting with each finale being determined solely by the mission type and only some finales mixing objectives together is a pretty big shame.

That kind of big setpiece that changes the scale of the game would also be a good way to differentiate lower threat starting zones from larger higher threat later game zones, but as is the game doesn't really distinguish between zones at all, making the progression and sense of adventure more limited than vt2.

I wonder how Covid affected development and forced them to scale back stuff like that. Either way, it would be rad if we got missions with great setpieces to them.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Black Griffon posted:

What I desperately need is a train map. Moving down one of those titanic trains like the one in Necromunda Hired Gun as enemies pour from the crooks and corners of the superstructure, drop down from above and jump from boarding craft. Then again I think every game should have a train level. Crusader Kings should have a train level.

i laughed out loud at the non moving train mission we did get

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Dandywalken posted:

also adding a 3rd faction to maps could be fun. and that way they wouldnt have to do a full roster

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Black Griffon posted:

Ogryn pick you up lift you up stairs! Helps!

What we really need is an Ogryn talent that lets you carry a teammate on your shoulders to provide great ranged sightlines and keep them safe from melee.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Vargs posted:

What we really need is an Ogryn talent that lets you carry a teammate on your shoulders to provide great ranged sightlines and keep them safe from melee.

You loving know it.

CODChimera posted:

i laughed out loud at the non moving train mission we did get

Yeah I was like "oh a train level—ah. I see."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Lvl 20 Psyker and still have not seen a Purgatus or Surge staff in the store, regardless of color. This blows.

Edit: Checked again. No staves at all.

Coquito Ergo Sum fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Dec 10, 2022