Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cleretic posted:

the overall lalafel population is mostly male, but the endgame population is mostly female. I wonder why that is.
female lalafell are extremely popular on jp servers and jp servers are relatively hardcore compared to the other ones, i imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also frankly the most sexist posting ive seen in the ff14 community comes from guys posting about female roes, in this thread

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
if I fantasia a bunch does that mean I'm all the problematic parts of people who play certain gender/races or none of them?

Also [Trader of Paradise] is my go-to title these days with my business-y glam

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I did a lot of work for my Saint of the Firmament title so it stays ON during raid

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Starlight starts next week and we get this reindeer.

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1600822536811728896

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
i made my lizard girl look enough like me that i can use her to test out what hairstyles and fashion and colors would look good on me IRL, which tbh is the only way to play

HackensackBackpack posted:

I really read this as "Magicks of Elk Conjure Smiles Anew"

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

my title is Azure And Omega so everyone can immediately tell im stupid enough to do blue mage savage raiding

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Cephas posted:

I read it as "Eid" at first and thought they were really mixing things up.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

also frankly the most sexist posting ive seen in the ff14 community comes from guys posting about female roes, in this thread

Female Roes get the absolute worst from both the "ugly pig not feminine" and "I want her to step on me" groups in pretty much every FF community I'm part of. I had a friend fantasies just because they were tired of people in any FC they joined being horny on main about their heavily armored cool looking character.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I finally assembled my glamour plate psuedo-randomizer and I'm very happy with it! Here's what I've done:

I primarily play 5 jobs, one of each combat role type, and have given each of them 4 glamour plates. I set aside 5 of my hotbars for this, and uhh like 50 macro slots. This left me the 3 hotbars I need for job actions with 2 hotbars spare I'm filling with my favorite emotes. Hotbar 4 is my "receiver" hotbar and Hotbars 5-8 are "feeders." On each of hotbars 5-8 I have macro buttons for job change to each of my 5 primary jobs, job change to Botanist, Sprint, Mount Roulette, the car mount, Teleport, Return, and Limit Break. You could put in whatever there of course, particularly in place of Limit Break; the point is that these are buttons I will hit very frequently. Hotbars 5-8 are invisible on my HUD.

Each of the five combat job change macro buttons on let's say Hotbar 5 looks like this:

/gearset change [gear set number for job in question, say DRK] [# of 1st of the job's glamour plates]
/hotbar copy share [#] share 4

The non-combat job macros just have the basic code to do their thing, like /ac "Sprint", and then the /hotbar copy share [#] share 4 line. I also set in random title change and minion change but that's not important.

Hotbars 6-8 have the same contents as 5, in the same places, but iterating the two ""#" entries, meaning the job glamour plate number and the first hotbar share number. The macro that changes me to DRK w/ glam 1, for example, is set to hotbar 5, and when executed copies the contents of hotbar 6 into hotbar 4. The version of the DRK change macro that was in hotbar 6 changes me to DRK w/ glam 2, and then copies the contents of hotbar 7 into hotbar 4. And so on. Likewise, whenever I Sprint or Mount Roulette, the contents of the next hotbar in the 5-8 sequence are quietly, invisibly copied over hotbar 4.

In this way, with simple code but an admittedly large number of spare hotbars and macro spots, I get "randomized" glamour plates whenever I change among my five favorite jobs! Provided I'm in a sanctuary, of course. No, it is not truly random, but the point is that because the contents of hotbar 4 quietly, invisibly change not just every time I job change but every time I use very common actions - particularly Sprint and Mount Roulette - I mostly cannot keep track of which hotbar copy step I'm on, and am therefore effectively surprised at which glam I get when I job change. One could also intentionally increase the complexity of the set up to confuse the self further and increase "randomness" if one made it so that say the Sprint chain goes through the hotbars 5-6-7-8 but the Mount Roulette chain goes 5-7-6-8 and the Teleport chain 8-7-5-6 and so forth.

I hope this light effort post helps someone.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Godbert got run over by a reindeer
Wearing no drat pants on Starlight eve
You may say there’s no Saint of Nymeia
But as for me and Nashu, we believe

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

Yeah I remember one guy melted down in a burnout of plain misogyny over femroes

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Runa posted:

Yeah I remember one guy melted down in a burnout of plain misogyny over femroes
What was up with that?

My revelation on my lizard was a particular hair shade that made everything instantly pop for me after thirty iterations. It’s like a whole new personality! Just like real life!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Nessus posted:

Godbert got run over by a reindeer
Wearing no drat pants on Starlight eve
You may say there’s no Saint of Nymeia
But as for me and Nashu, we believe

Upon further inspection Starlight morning, the "Saint of Nymea" turns out to be Gilgamesh, staggering around with a hammer embedded in his skull and an empty sack that used to contain everyone's weapons from the nearby town. Hildibrand puts the pieces together and vows to apprehend the culprit who assaulted such an important icon of festivity, even though he IS family.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cephas posted:

I know the crossover in this thread is enough that someone will have the reaction I'm going for.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I found a great title for me Woodsman Warrior glam: Forestreaper

The downside: I need to log 6200 more trees in the Black Shroud to get it.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Gonna rock Keeper of Knowledge on my Scholar... After I capture 145 more tomeliths on Seal Rock : negative:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, I just sort of assume the Seal Rock capture cheevos are never happening, at my current rate of "if I'm fast enough to get one capture it's a really good game"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I'm gonna miss the black mage (even though I dont have the steam version)

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
The banner should be an animated gif of the advert where real people morph into catgirls etc

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
If your Black Mage title isn't <Sister of Ash> (or Brother, I suppose), your explosions aren't big enough.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Character: Bi Viera
Player: Gay male
Title: [Deep Canal Raider] :wink:

XIV is the first MMO where I picked a female character ever (unless you count my silent armored Destiny 2 hunter). All my WoW peeps were guys, and in the EQ era of gender binaries and gullible dreamers I used to be one of those guys who thought playing Not Your Gender was odd and 95% likely to be a trick to flirt free poo poo from desperate loners. It was a different time.

I also avoided FF11 for the lack of Mithra men, and only picked up XIV ARR's trial weekend when someone was like "yes, they did indeed make catboys."

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Dec 9, 2022

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I know the crossover in this thread is enough that someone will have the reaction I'm going for.

That doesn't conjure smiles.
That conjures the opposite of smiles.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Kurieg posted:

That doesn't conjure smiles.
That conjures the opposite of smiles.

Elks, the opposite of smiles

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

HackensackBackpack posted:

Hell yeah, more outdoor decoration rewards! A thing I can absolutely use and not just keep in my bag for the rest of time

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

Macaluso posted:

Hell yeah, more outdoor decoration rewards! A thing I can absolutely use and not just keep in my bag for the rest of time

They should make the vendor sale price for housing item rewards a million gil, but only for accounts that don't own a house.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They've actually made outdoor festival furnishings tradable on the Market Board a couple of times. I know that's how some houses have cherry blossom tree orchards.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Ibblebibble posted:

Phrenology via anime game avatars.

Measured Head: BRING YOUR SCIONS TO THE AERSLAENT ISLANDS AND TO THE STEPS OF NALD AND WE WILL PULVERIZE YOU.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

jjac posted:

Measured Head: BRING YOUR SCIONS TO THE AERSLAENT ISLANDS AND TO THE STEPS OF NALD AND WE WILL PULVERIZE YOU.

OUR FINAL RACIAL VICTORY IS AN INEVITABILITY. WE ARE MUCH MORE PURE THAN THE DEBASED XAELA, OR THE DUNESFOLK AND THEIR INEXPLICABLE OBSESSION WITH POPAAT.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kwyndig posted:

They've actually made outdoor festival furnishings tradable on the Market Board a couple of times. I know that's how some houses have cherry blossom tree orchards.
Some of the indoor ones are too! ...not many.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

I think they did that for the very first few holiday items, before they started selling the the "authentic" versions on the cash shop a year later, so I doubt we're going to see that again.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Chillgamesh posted:

OUR FINAL RACIAL VICTORY IS AN INEVITABILITY. WE ARE MUCH MORE PURE THAN THE DEBASED XAELA, OR THE DUNESFOLK AND THEIR INEXPLICABLE OBSESSION WITH POPAAT.
NO, GARLEAN; WHAT YOU NEED IS ANOTHER X-STRIKE.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Absolutely unhinged posts from the both of you please dear god log off if you ever see someone's character and start doing your own personal phrenology on what it means about the player's personality and morality and intent.

remembered these two absolute dummy posts again and laughed

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Farg posted:

remembered these two absolute dummy posts again and laughed

The professors of reading bumps on my Viera's head and telling me I have sexual hysteria.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am getting genuinely pretty tired of this. Just gently caress off. It is entirely exhausting to try to explain 'I have had bad experiences that end to go hand in hand with certain things in game' and get accused of loving awful stuff.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

If we're going to talk about bad/weird in-game experiences, last night I watched a tank and SAM snipe at each other about "LB waste" on the final boss of Tam-Tara, because the SAM dropped melee LB immediately and the tank... cared about this for some reason?? Got a live "be better" and "reported."

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I guess it goes faster if you let a ranged DPS shoot a bunch of the adds? But that's pretty niche.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

If we're going to talk about bad/weird in-game experiences, last night I watched a tank and SAM snipe at each other about "LB waste" on the final boss of Tam-Tara, because the SAM dropped melee LB immediately and the tank... cared about this for some reason?? Got a live "be better" and "reported."

It’s loving Tam-Tara who gives a poo poo. It’s going to melt in five seconds LB or no LB. I don’t get people sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
taking a "which ffxiv race are you" quiz and getting "male miqote/tradcath"