Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

107) Ynglet (all stars)

Cool Nifflas platformer based on diatoms, a bit shorter than his usual fare but still really fun.

ive tried to process this three times and failed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

is nifflas the knytt guy?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Fungah! posted:

ive tried to process this three times and failed

Game is made by Nifflas and the platforms you're jumping between kinda looks like diatoms.

copy posted:

is nifflas the knytt guy?

Yea he is.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
wait hes still making games?? i played knytt adventures and i could never remember if i beat it

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Every few years I play within a deep forest for an hour and forget about it for years. About that time again.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i think thats the one of his old stuff i never beat. how long is it

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

ArfJason posted:

wait hes still making games?? i played knytt adventures and i could never remember if i beat it

He's been steadily releasing games every few years, before Ynglet was Uurnog Uurnlimited which was a kinda a goofy puzzle platformer with lots of *emergent behavior*. And then Saira which was pretty similar to the knytt games but had a serious Sci fi storyline.

Plebian Parasite fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Dec 9, 2022

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

He's been steadily releasing games every few years, before Ynglet was Uurnog Uurnlimited which was a kinda a goofy puzzle platformer with lots of *emergent behavior*. And then Saria which was pretty similar to the knytt games but had a serious Sci fi storyline.

what the gently caress i havent heard a single thing about any of these

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

what the gently caress i havent heard a single thing about any of these

Same, the last game I remember is Knytt Underground

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Plebian Parasite posted:

He's been steadily releasing games every few years, before Ynglet was Uurnog Uurnlimited which was a kinda a goofy puzzle platformer with lots of *emergent behavior*. And then Saria which was pretty similar to the knytt games but had a serious Sci fi storyline.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

IKEA-rear end gameography

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

good afternoon fellow horngus. remember to join me on the level 1 podcast for an hour of chill positivity as we discuss the game awards and the gaming press's snubbing of the calisto protocol.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

good afternoon fellow horngus. remember to join me on the level 1 podcast for an hour of chill positivity as we discuss the game awards and the gaming press's snubbing of the calisto protocol.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Drainus

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Within a deep forest is on my game club pick shortlist

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

A Plague Tale: Requiem

After the first game ended on a somewhat hopeful note, I was hoping the sequel would end up following up on that. It did not. Ended up being a bit too unrelentingly grim for my tastes.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Very excited for the king's riff on The Protocols of the Elders of Callisto as well as the king's defence of it 8 years from now

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
3) Detroit: Become Human
4) A Legionary's Life
5) Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2
6) Armoured Commander II
7) DEADBOLT
8) Shadowrun: Hong Kong + 'Shadows of Hong Kong' bonus campaign
9) Gun Mute
10) A Plague Tale: Innocence
11) Hotline Miami
12) Batman: Arkham Knight
13) Intravenous
14) The Hong Kong Massacre
15) Shadwen
16) The Dark Pictures: House of Ashes
17) The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan
18) The Dark Pictures: Little Hope
19) The Quarry
20) SUPERHOT
21) LEGO: The Lord of the Rings
22) Hardspace: Shipbreaker
23) The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante

I've been playing this CYOA on-and-off between the other games I've beaten recently. Didn't do too badly, but could've done some things a bit better. Became a nobleman, a judge, fought for the people, saved a friend, duelled/killed a brother, among some other things here and there. Not too bad - might end up playing through again sometime, as there are heaps of possible outcomes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

23) The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Dying Light

this game is rad. it has some ubisoft aids but its not egregious about it, and the plot is stupid horseshit, but the parkour and the city youre dropped in are great. there should be an entire game about being pursued at night by monsters and having to jump in and around buildings to avoid them. just spent a couple hours running around drawing attention to myself to see just how long i could keep a chase going.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ArfJason posted:

Dying Light

this game is rad. it has some ubisoft aids but its not egregious about it, and the plot is stupid horseshit, but the parkour and the city youre dropped in are great. there should be an entire game about being pursued at night by monsters and having to jump in and around buildings to avoid them. just spent a couple hours running around drawing attention to myself to see just how long i could keep a chase going.

It's called posting in QCS,

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Skyrim Special Edition

I'm almost never in the mood for Elder Scrolls (or Fallout for that matter) but it's hitting right these days. I was playing Oblivion but it kept crashing so I got hooked on Skyrim instead. This is the first time I've tried the DLC. I've done what I want to do in this game so I'm going to give Enderal a shot next.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

ArfJason posted:

Dying Light

think I really got into the multiplayer of that one for a bit, where you're a hunter and invade people's game just to gently caress with their progress. was a pretty good grieving mode

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Final Fantasy V (The remaster)

5 is definitely the one that aged the best in my opinion. Even with FF6 I'm more like, okay, I remember it being good but I don't really need to play it again.
But somehow I don't get tired of playing FF5 every couple of years. Maybe I'll finally do a fiesta run or something in summer too

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Valkyrie Elysium. As stated already, pretty boring and short. Forced myself to beat this one.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

IGgy IGsen posted:

But somehow I don't get tired of playing FF5 every couple of years.

V has a lot of replayability with all the different jobs. i'm usually more tempted to play III and V than any of the others when i'm in the mood to play a FF game, despite VI and IV being my favorites from the 8-bit/16-bit era. it's been a while since i've replayed any of them though.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

26. Pentiment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pentiment

Brilliant, brilliant game, god drat. I know people were saying it was good but I didn't expect it to be THIS good.