Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Waifu Radia posted:

if you play fantasy football it should be illegal to talk about it

But what would I talk about on dates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Jets have scored like all of their points in the 2nd half. lol at the thought at having a 10 point lead at halftime.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

1983 is the year I became a Chiefs fan.

Auspicious beginnings.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fantasy football is a weird one because yeah, football discussions kind of get worse when everyone just posts about how many points they need or from whom etc, but I don't mind it as a statistical discussion because didn't some stats nerd do some deep dive and find that despite all the analytics out there fantasy football was still a better predictor of a performance? Even if most of the spicy takes boil down to, yeah he's a good player on a good team or yeah he's on a poo poo team but he gets fed so much because he's the only guy on the team he has the counting stats?

It obviously doesn't do poo poo for defense stats, but I suppose over time you could get a sense of how good a corner is if they're doing the whole MEG coverage against another team's primary.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'll take fantasy talk over betting talk 100/100 times

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
It's insanely lucky that with a new COVID spike going around everyone in the NFL keeps getting illnesses that last exactly one day.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

I was kinda leading the cheerleading for Panthers to get, start and stick with Baker but with the exception of the Browns game the light just never came on. He fed a bunch of different receivers every time he suited up but targeting Moore like once a game and Anderson like twice a game was just downright weird. Especially when PJ Walker and Darnold trot out and Moore suddenly starts having massive games.

I don't wish this on either of them really but if Cooper Kupp does come back this season (he shouldn't, there's no reason) and just turns into a black hole of not ever getting targeted while Baker plays it would be very amusing.

kiimo posted:

Betting talk is fun only for bad beats, but that's like 100% more fun than any fantasy talk.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The only stat that matters is Dawgs Inside at the Crack of Kickoff.

Unsurprisingly Nick Foles has the biggest DICK stat.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Betting talk is fun only for bad beats, but that's like 100% more fun than any fantasy talk.
Poker bad beat stories are the literal worst.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Poker bad beat stories are the literal worst.

Oh yeah, I meant in a sports betting sense. That stuff is completely awful.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The Broncos aren't even on the first list lol just lol

They have to be able to score 10 points in a half first. That's a very, very tall ask this year.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Fields is incredible. The most fluid running qb since Vick.

lamar is a way better runner than fields. fields is just a lot stronger , although hurts is probably even stronger but not as fast

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 10, 2022

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

That’s possibly true but also Fields is radical

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Justin Fields is 7th in the league in rushing. The Bears didn't start calling designed runs for him until Week 7. He's averaged more than 100 yards/game since Week 7. He became the only QB with multiple 60+ yard rushing TDs in their career in Week 9. He set the single-game QB rushing record in Week 9, too. He became the only QB with at least 3 50+ yard rushing TDs in Week 13.

I don't think that production is sustainable but I'm also really hesitant to call anyone a way better runner than him. The fact that he's breaking off a home run ball every other game is nuts

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Fantasy football is a fun time-waster and a great excuse to follow lots of different players and have mild rooting interests in random games, but you don't care about my fantasy team and vice versa, I wholeheartedly agree that it is not a topic for TFF.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Justin Fields is 7th in the league in rushing. The Bears didn't start calling designed runs for him until Week 7. He's averaged more than 100 yards/game since Week 7. He became the only QB with multiple 60+ yard rushing TDs in their career in Week 9. He set the single-game QB rushing record in Week 9, too. He became the only QB with at least 3 50+ yard rushing TDs in Week 13.

I don't think that production is sustainable but I'm also really hesitant to call anyone a way better runner than him. The fact that he's breaking off a home run ball every other game is nuts

For sure Lamar isn't necessarily better he's just a different style.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

xbilkis posted:

In college he was more of a last option runner. The NFL is encouraging more tuck and run as a first option if teams are going to keep playing in these 2 high cover 4 shells. Especially if the flats are open, which Fields can easily get to with his athleticism. I don't think this is a flash in a pan type of thing until teams start playing close up again.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

he's perfect and I hope the Bears surround him with talent soon so that he may savor the flavor of the playoffs

Nov 6, 2002

Doltos posted:

In college he was more of a last option runner. The NFL is encouraging more tuck and run as a first option if teams are going to keep playing in these 2 high cover 4 shells. Especially if the flats are open, which Fields can easily get to with his athleticism. I don't think this is a flash in a pan type of thing until teams start playing close up again.

This is interesting. Thank you for posting.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1601219708992122880

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Dec 10, 2022

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1601627362772205568

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1601627325334183936

this was easily one of the most obvious ones I've ever seen

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I hope the fines are increased when they lose the appeal

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Imagine doing something cowardly, losing, then having to pay a big fine after the cowardly loss. Just lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they need to fine AB for faking the hit

Nov 6, 2002

Cavauro posted:

they need to fine AB for faking the hit

He winked!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I really, really hope SNF is a Tua/Herbert gunslinger duel :swoon:

kiimo posted:

:yeah:

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Kilometers Davis posted:

I really, really hope SNF is a Tua/Herbert gunslinger duel :swoon:

it will be (over extremely quickly)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Phobeste posted:

The Chargers if they do have a knack it is for making things painful for their fans, so I would not assume this.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Phobeste posted:

Miami's defense doesn't seem too great and the Chargers tend to play up and down to their opponents before ultimately losing

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

a neat cape posted:

Miami's defense doesn't seem too great and the Chargers tend to play up and down to their opponents before ultimately losing

I'm terrified of Sunday, but I do think the Chargers lack of a speed guy and line injuries should stop them running away against the D. Assuming Tua has physically/mentally recovered from last week, I think the Dolphins are favourites

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

tarbrush posted:

I'm terrified of Sunday, but I do think the Chargers lack of a speed guy and line injuries should stop them running away against the D. Assuming Tua has physically/mentally recovered from last week, I think the Dolphins are favourites

Oh they absolutely should be. I don't see a scenario where the Chargers actually win. I just don't think it'll be a blowout

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If it's actually competitive I hope it's at least a shoot-out to hype up the fake Tua/Herbert rivalry and not a middling 17-10 snoozefest.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Mega64 posted:

If it's actually competitive I hope it's at least a shoot-out to hype up the fake Tua/Herbert rivalry and not a middling 17-10 snoozefest.

If it is 17-10 it will have been clownball tape to tape

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I do not understand the Tua/Herbert thing at all. Do I need to be Twitter brainwormed to make sense of it?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Freaquency posted:

I do not understand the Tua/Herbert thing at all. Do I need to be Twitter brainwormed to make sense of it?

Tua was selected one pick before Herbert. Dolphins fans have been hearing about what a mistake they made the last two years. Tua is outplaying Herbert this year.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

fsif posted:

Tua was selected one pick before Herbert. Dolphins fans have been hearing about what a mistake they made the last two years. Tua is outplaying Herbert this year.

So the answer is yes, then

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I wonder how Herbert would be doing with the bengos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I wonder how Herbert would be doing with the bengos

probably getting planted on his rear end every week unless they also had a different OL in that universe