Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ImpAtom posted:

I am getting genuinely pretty tired of this. Just gently caress off. It is entirely exhausting to try to explain 'I have had bad experiences that end to go hand in hand with certain things in game' and get accused of loving awful stuff.

I don't care. I've also had bad experiences but I don't then come into this thread going "Oh I'm sure you people in here aren't like this but everyone who designs based on X has been a truly awful person". That's the stupid jump in your conclusion that people are making fun of. Well that and the fact that you decided to respond to people talking about that with that kind of idea in the first place. If you don't understand why people said "Hey that kind of stereotyping sucks" or people more rudely made fun of you that's on you.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Lalafell/ Ben Shapiro

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Nessus posted:

I guess it goes faster if you let a ranged DPS shoot a bunch of the adds? But that's pretty niche.

Yeah, I don't think it was optimal play or anything, and I get that people are sick of people using "this is normal/easy content" as an excuse to suck, but... nitpicking LB usage in a dungeon where most of the player base may not even be aware the LB button exists? Come onnnnnn

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, I don't think it was optimal play or anything, and I get that people are sick of people using "this is normal/easy content" as an excuse to suck, but... nitpicking LB usage in a dungeon where most of the player base may not even be aware the LB button exists? Come onnnnnn

Oh yeah that's nuts.I'm always so happy when someone pops LB before the final boss in a dungeon, especially on a big pull or larger add. We still usually get to at least 1 LB bar before the last 10% of the bosses HP anyway, it's wasting damage and time not to.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

sometimes I forget to lb the final trash pack as a caster and feel bad about it for like two seconds

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

The best is when a caster/ranged melee drops it on a trash mobs (which is the best way to use it on 4 man content anyway) and someone complains that they haven't saved it for the boss.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Vitamean posted:

sometimes I forget to lb the final trash pack as a caster and feel bad about it for like two seconds

say goodbye to your commendation, bucko

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I don't care. I've also had bad experiences but I don't then come into this thread going "Oh I'm sure you people in here aren't like this but everyone who designs based on X has been a truly awful person". That's the stupid jump in your conclusion that people are making fun of. Well that and the fact that you decided to respond to people talking about that with that kind of idea in the first place. If you don't understand why people said "Hey that kind of stereotyping sucks" or people more rudely made fun of you that's on you.

Like genuinely ImpAtom, you even couched it in "It's actually mostly white guys that do this because everyone else is experienced in playing as someone that doesn't look like them" when talking about a custom character creator in an online game with pretty sizable LGBTQ fan base is just...

You are stupid for drawing that conclusion and dumber for worrying about it so much the mere mention of it puts you on edge.

From a Trans Woman playing a cis bunny lady.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nessus posted:

I guess it goes faster if you let a ranged DPS shoot a bunch of the adds? But that's pretty niche.

i wouldnt say it's niche, it's optimal in every dungeon, but i cant imagine giving someone the business for using the melee LB one instead.

really the worst feeling is when you're ranged/caster and so is the other dps and they use it before you get a chance to. that was MY job!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

the best use of the LB is to wait until the boss at the end of the dungeon is at 5% and then tank LB

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I did my best to try to avoid generalizing and if I failed Im sorry but I honestly am not sure whst else I can do. I domt believe in horrible eugenics crap and beimg accused of thinking thst way because I made a poorly worded statement about a video game is awful.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Countblanc posted:

really the worst feeling is when you're ranged/caster and so is the other dps and they use it before you get a chance to. that was MY job!

ahahaha yeah, I was a Bard recently in a dungeon with a BLM and they beat me to the LB on the last big pull and I definitely had a little "you fucker!!" moment

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
If I'm tank in a dungeon and no one uses LB I like to pop it immediately after the last boss dies.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The best Tank LB is when they pop it for a Black mage who's in their leylines when the stack marker targets them.

Thank you Tank for recognizing that I am not moving.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
And then the Healer "rescues" them anyway.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

IthilionTheBrave posted:

And then the Healer "rescues" them anyway.

I press surecast so the damage doesn't stop my cast and to stop rescue. I will never stop casting.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

ImpAtom posted:

I did my best to try to avoid generalizing and if I failed Im sorry but I honestly am not sure whst else I can do. I domt believe in horrible eugenics crap and beimg accused of thinking thst way because I made a poorly worded statement about a video game is awful.

Serious answer: Be less generically judgemental. Do not think about the Generic Other Who Scares You, no matter who they are. Get mad at specific idiots until your problems with them are sorted, then put them out of sight and out of mind. Focus on the good people in life, and more specifically in your life, rather than spending time on garbage people who have absolutely no bearing on your existence. That's all. ZenMasterBullshit called you out because inventing others to be afraid of is not healthy for you and not useful, not because you're personally offending her I think (I could be wrong about this and if so I apologize for misreading either of you). It comes from a place of concern and trying to help you have a more pleasant life, not out of malice or anger.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

In roulettes, I've never seen people grouse about a BLM dying five times in a fight. I've never seen people notice or care about dudes who press their basic combos at a rate of once every four or five seconds. I've can't even recall anyone complaining about unused LB meter, though I occasionally see people politely request a dps LB. But for some reason I've seen multiple occasions of people getting real steamed because I use a ranged LB on a boss, or use a melee LB when there's a trash fight coming soon. I have no earthly idea why this particular optimization sets some folks off. It won't stop me from pressing the button that makes all the shiny lights happen.

I don't really have a point here, just venting for a second.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The white guys who refuse to play games with poc or women leads are not the guys who just make themselves in rpgs.

Like many things it's a vin diagram I'm sure but you can't have immediate judgment if you do meet generic derplander (just to pull from ffxiv as an example Impatom, I know you said it doesn't really track in ffxiv)

If someone says they want to play as themselves, I wouldn't take it as an immediate dogwhistle for something sinister

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

In roulettes, I've never seen people grouse about a BLM dying five times in a fight. I've never seen people notice or care about dudes who press their basic combos at a rate of once every four or five seconds. I've can't even recall anyone complaining about unused LB meter, though I occasionally see people politely request a dps LB. But for some reason I've seen multiple occasions of people getting real steamed because I use a ranged LB on a boss, or use a melee LB when there's a trash fight coming soon. I have no earthly idea why this particular optimization sets some folks off. It won't stop me from pressing the button that makes all the shiny lights happen.

I don't really have a point here, just venting for a second.

It's a shared resource, and for control freaks that's the loving worst for anyone who has to deal with them.

Also I've been that black mage plenty of times and I'm very sorry. One of the times the community expectation comes in handy, no one bats an eye lol

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 10, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Transient People posted:

Serious answer: Be less generically judgemental. Do not think about the Generic Other Who Scares You, no matter who they are. Get mad at specific idiots until your problems with them are sorted, then put them out of sight and out of mind. Focus on the good people in life, and more specifically in your life, rather than spending time on garbage people who have absolutely no bearing on your existence. That's all. ZenMasterBullshit called you out because inventing others to be afraid of is not healthy for you and not useful, not because you're personally offending her I think (I could be wrong about this and if so I apologize for misreading either of you). It comes from a place of concern and trying to help you have a more pleasant life, not out of malice or anger.

I mean, I personally think it's lovely for obvious reasons given the game's playerbase, but I also think it's a lovely stance to take in general.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

My favorite limit break story was when I doing one of the Stormblood alliance raids as RDM and somebody used a macro to call me out specifically by name to use LB... after the first encounters were over and we were walking to the next boss.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

As someone with fond memories (my opinion may have been more sour in the moment) of attempting all the ShB alliance raids for the first time on BLM, it's very funny to me when I see it happen, and I usually commend whoever made me laugh the most.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I think it's more okay to play a human in this game, where all but one race that's currently restricted to one gender is "a human but has an alligator head or whatever".

I judge all human players in WoW :colbert: To heck with your 10% rep

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Macaluso posted:

"a human but has an alligator head or whatever"

Now I want a mod to replace all female Au Ra heads with those croc heads from Coerthas with the split upper jaw. No other body changes, don't change dudes at all, maybe get hats to perch on the head, earrings just hover in space

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

never, ever feel like you have to justify being a hater.

The Monarch
Jul 8, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit doesn't seem to do anything in this thread except stir the poo poo.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tekopo posted:

the best use of the LB is to wait until the boss at the end of the dungeon is at 5% and then tank LB
Healer LB1/2.

Because those are completely worthless and should be replaced :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Transient People posted:

Thank you for explaining. I am in a really bad mental place today so I am not really in a fit state to try to discuss it any more but I genuinely thank you for explaining and I am taking the words to heart. I just need to stay away from the internet for a bit but I didn't want you to think I ignored your post.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
There are going to be people who are chuds in this game. They are going to occupy something approximate to the same digital realm as you, however they will not be allowed to promote their views, and Square-Enix is not Twitter Inc. If it bothers you that the person who bought your chocobo barding off the message board might possibly be a goddamn groyper, the question is whether it's you or the groyper who is going to be a disturbance to the majority of people who play the game to escape the real-world importance of those issues.

Trying to divine tea leaves and decide which players are secretly reactionaries based on what they did at the create a character screen just leads to both sides-ing the issue of insane conspiracies.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Ironically I am a furry but I play a midlander in FFXIV (mainly because I played hume in XI, would have probably done a catman there if they had one).

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The Monarch posted:

ZenMasterBullshit doesn't seem to do anything in this thread except stir the poo poo.

Literally just on these last 2 pages that's not true. Sorry I just got upset about being lumped as a dude in the imagined group a poster decided to stereotype a bunch of people as.

And Imp and I hashed this out in PMs so you don't gotta worry about this being me being disingenuous or whatever boogeyman you've imagined up

Macaluso posted:

I think it's more okay to play a human in this game, where all but one race that's currently restricted to one gender is "a human but has an alligator head or whatever".

I judge all human players in WoW :colbert: To heck with your 10% rep

Look when the game is mostly rep grind you gotta make some decisions.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Dec 10, 2022

The Monarch
Jul 8, 2006

Nah, Impatom's post is mild as gently caress and doesn't deserve to be called unhinged, and you brought it up two days after the fact just to dunk on them.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

This isn't directed at ImpAtom or anything but I find it curious when people go off about how the only reason to play the generic human is cuz theyre boring cishet guys irl and how it's much more enlightened to play a sexy lady just completely ignore the fact that women exist who play male characters.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The Monarch posted:

Nah, Impatom's post is mild as gently caress and doesn't deserve to be called unhinged, and you brought it up two days after the fact just to dunk on them.

No it wasn't and my post responding to Imp was the day of? Like someone else brought it up. Genuinely, follow the discussion better.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My post is directed at everyone, including me, and I don't give a gently caress how you take it:

What's your chocobo rocking? I've got mine looking like Yojimbo.:shobon:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Mine's dressed like a dapper little postman!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Shinjobi posted:

My post is directed at everyone, including me, and I don't give a gently caress how you take it:

I also have yojimbo I think. It’s honestly been like a month or so since I’ve played due to brain problems.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

Same -- got the barding on my story run of that trial a while back and haven't changed since. It even looks good on a default Desert Yellow chocobo, which makes me feel less guilty that I still haven't figured out a good color for mine after like 18 months of play.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Usually it's nothing! I like to see the color my chocobo is most of the time. (Rolanberry red!)

However,

YggiDee posted:

Mine's dressed like a dapper little postman!

This is one of my favorite bardings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I’ve been using the Sophia barding since it was new.