Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lol Trump legit tried to incite a coup and this line apparently isn’t resonating with voters much anymore so yeah, by all means pick this hill to die on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Great twitter thread, from the author of the book Insane Clown President

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You should live at the office. Here's a lovely place to sleep. Food and drink? gently caress off!

Kinda odd how a dude who sort of seems like he may have a stimulant problem values a good crash pad and sees no use for food

Really makes u think :magemage:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Tarkus posted:

Realistically though, what could the EU do to Twitter in the case of losing in court? Assuming he doesn't care about the EU side of thing.

Twitter's EU headquarters are in Ireland. There are absolutely things that the EU can do to Twitter.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Rad Russian posted:

Elon settles all disputes man-to-man, just like he did with Tim Apple. He'll simply ask his assistant to get the King of EU on the phone and arrange a stroll through a quiet palace garden to work through any misunderstandings.

I remember that scene in Borgia

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1601355779474620416
I love how this guy consistently fails to understand how the english language works.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Endorph posted:

id like to see ol' musk slither his way out of this one

In the US, he would.

EU will burn him to the ground if this is true.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 10, 2022

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

can't believe that all you need to do to be unfairly suspended by twitter is have your tweets be the focus of multiple government agencies investigating the insurrection that they inspired.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
This one doesn’t even pretend to have anything new it would seem

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Taibbi is correct that this is a legitimate controversy so long as you forget that J6 was a legitimate crisis. What a smooth brained dip-poo poo.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Scam Likely posted:

Taibbi is correct that this is a legitimate controversy so long as you forget that J6 was a legitimate crisis. What a smooth brained dip-poo poo.

even without Jan 6th trump was doing all kinds of things to incite violence and brigading harassment and deserved a ban

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

kw0134 posted:

Yes, this is definitely going so well for him thus far, he's obviously showing up the doomsayers with checks notes a heavily unprofitable business he overpaid for by tens of billions while the rest of his empire slowly slides into the ocean while incurring potentially huge legal liabilities. Top of the world, ma.

Yeah I don't really understand the mindset of people who, upon hearing a good thing has happened, absolutely must rush to tell people that actually nothing matters and we should all be sad

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

repiv posted:

elons new idea to make twitter profitable: gather random stuff from the office and have a yard sale

https://bid.hgpauction.com/auctions/8421/herita10194

Lol that they're getting rid of all their jamboards, presumably because he thinks you shouldn't be able to collaborate remotely

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Splicer posted:

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1601355779474620416
I love how this guy consistently fails to understand how the english language works.

The best part is that he’s just telling us poo poo everyone already knew but breathlessly like it’s some huge epiphany

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Whoa are you telling me they won't ban Biden unless absolutely necessary, like for example he was inciting violence and trying to stage a coup??

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

big black turnout posted:

Lol that they're getting rid of all their jamboards, presumably because he thinks you shouldn't be able to collaborate remotely

Hey is there a cheap Steam Deck in there? I kinda want one of those.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Scam Likely posted:

to the GQP base, anyone who sits down, thinks, and discusses a difficult decision is engaging in a conspiracy. and for some reason Taibbi seems to have bought into that?

doing something horrible is fine as long as you're impulsive about it

(though in fact J6 was 100% premeditated)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Scam Likely posted:

That's odd, I was told he was still a good journalist despite being an absolute piece of poo poo in every single possible way :v:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

repiv posted:

elons new idea to make twitter profitable: gather random stuff from the office and have a yard sale

That's... that's not how vulture funds work.

Also some of the things being sold look like the big monitors we look at to make sure there's no red on them. You need those or you don't see the red.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

taibbi's also like "drunk on power they prepared to ban future presidents!" while the message is actually just them discussing trump evading his ban by using the potus account that he had access to but did not use through his presidency.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ghostlight posted:

taibbi's also like "drunk on power they prepared to ban future presidents!" while the message is actually just them discussing trump evading his ban by using the potus account that he had access to but did not use through his presidency.
They're clearly saying that they don't want to suspend the accounts unless they really need to because they need to be handed over to the new administration. It's the exact opposite of what he's saying!

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Hobo Clown posted:

Whoa are you telling me they won't ban Biden unless absolutely necessary, like for example he was inciting violence and trying to stage a coup??

Clearly, according to Groundbreaking Journalist Matt Taibbi, that's not that big of a deal. What's a little couping between friends, right?

However, wanting to keep stolen pictures of his son's monster dong off Twitter? Now that is a permabanning offense and I'm sure Elon agrees with me.

(Oh god I hope he really does, that might be the funniest possible outcome to this entire Twitter Files fiasco.)

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
"They won't be banned unless absolutely necessary to alleviate real-world harm." Like, you know, inciting a loving coup! Jesus loving Christ how loving stupid is this guy?!

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
LMAO. 9 untrained young people on something like a 20-day flight? And the rocket they're supposed to take isn't even out of alpha testing yet? Just reading the Wikipedia for the Starship rocket is a barrel full of LOLs at how far the rocket is from not immediately killing any living thing remotely near or on it.

Just like everything else connected to Elon, this is another great way to keep the stans in line and drum up another media cycle that will treat this poo poo as actually possible. This is Cyber Truck, Cyber Semi, Boring Co., and Hyper Tube all over again.

Even if it were happening (it won't), we'd either watch them crash or explode in a ball of fire, or get new data on how pill abuse and alcohol in space causes strokes, heart attacks, or organ stoppage.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

PITY BONER posted:

LMAO. 9 untrained young people on something like a 20-day flight? And the rocket they're supposed to take isn't even out of alpha testing yet? Just reading the Wikipedia for the Starship rocket is a barrel full of LOLs at how far the rocket is from not immediately killing any living thing remotely near or on it.

Just like everything else connected to Elon, this is another great way to keep the stans in line and drum up another media cycle that will treat this poo poo as actually possible. This is Cyber Truck, Cyber Semi, Boring Co., and Hyper Tube all over again.

Even if it were happening (it won't), we'd either watch them crash or explode in a ball of fire, or get new data on how pill abuse and alcohol in space causes strokes, heart attacks, or organ stoppage.

Between this and planning to test his brain chips on humans, are we sure Elon Musk isn't just a coffin magnate trying to corner the business?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
he's not because coffins are a mature/solved technology and he hasnt tried to invent them but worse.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

PhazonLink posted:

he's not because coffins are a mature/solved technology and he hasnt tried to invent them but worse.
He's building a big metal one full of influencers

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

RocketMermaid posted:

Between this and planning to test his brain chips on humans, are we sure Elon Musk isn't just a coffin magnate trying to corner the business?

If this was the case I'd respect him for his outside the box thinking. So to speak.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

PhazonLink posted:

He’ll get there soon enough

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
all physical objects erode and decay, so the mythos of a whiney white lumpy thing will remain.

Sylvian Wastes
Jan 3, 2022

by Hand Knit
"Elon musk endorsing blood libel" was not on my radar today.
https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/1601362129868640256

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1601356208945758208

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Musk is just an incel

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

PhazonLink posted:

You'd think so, but he could grab a few Tesla engineers and have them whip up prototypes of smooth, white pill-looking coffins that can self-drive and go on tours and allow family members to stay home and get private viewings in their driveways.

Splicer posted:

He's building a big metal one full of influencers
LOOOOL

Sylvian Wastes
Jan 3, 2022

by Hand Knit
He is implicity accusing those resigning employees of aiding and abetting human trafficking.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

repiv posted:

When I predicted that Elon Musk would start selling office fixtures in desperation I meant it as a joke, like haha this guy burned so much money for no gain he’s going to start selling off monitors to keep the lights on haha.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Might be a dumb question but is a passenger seat useful in a truck?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

PhazonLink posted:

Hey now, there’s still plenty of room left for innovation in the death industry. Just look at those airtight coffins that turn the body into goop and then explode from the pressure. Musk could make something like that but better, easy

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
https://www.freethink.com/space/starship-rocket

quote:

SpaceX CEO Elon Musk says his company’s massive Starship rocket could complete its first orbital flight test as soon as October 2022. If the flight is a success, SpaceX will be a major step closer to its goals of revolutionizing spaceflight — and making humans a multi-planetary species.

Starship launches have an estimated cost of $10 million, while NASA’s Space Launch System is expected to cost $4.1 billion per launch.

The savings: SpaceX is designing Starship to be the world’s biggest, most powerful rocket, and because the craft is built to be reusable, launches should be dramatically cheaper than with expendable rockets — in 2019, Musk estimated that the cost per launch could be as little as $2 million.
Elon never knows when to keep this mouth shut.

quote:

That first test flight could happen in late October, but “November seems highly likely,” according to Musk, though a delay is always possible — SpaceX and/or Musk have previously predicted the flight could happen in July 2021, November 2021, January 2022, or March 2022.
Any minute now they'll get the prototype in the air without turning itself into powder.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Team trucking is very common. Also, it's good for picking up hitchhikers in the rain who later turn out to be ghosts.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

more useful than two half seats of empty space around a single seat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

PITY BONER posted:

Team trucking is very common. Also, it's good for picking up hitchhikers in the rain who later turn out to be ghosts.

Or the other way around:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPMSGTfK4Aw