Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The Venture Halloween Special is safe though right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Alan_Shore posted:

Did they really pull the Community D&D episode? No way.

At the very least its not on Netflix.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Phenotype posted:

Really? I remember at least once where Jenna wears blackface (two black swans) but I can't think of anything else.

I remember people used to tell me I was silly for downloading everything because I could always just watch stuff on Netflix or whatever, but my media server is the only place to watch a growing number of shows that have been pulled.

Jon Hamm in Alfie and Abner in the live episode ("BANJO!!")

There was a second Jenna blackface joke to go along with Tracy Morgan dressing up as a white lady.

So it's 3 episodes.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Streaming providers pulled the Community episode from the library, but you can still buy it digitally and the blu-rays exist. So, it's not like it's been blackholed from existence.

Companies like netflix are in a tough position. They can't edit an episode nor can they provide disclaimer about the episode since they don't own it. Sony could if they wanted to but they are fine with the current situation (probably due to it leading to more direct sales) and Dan Harmon was also fine with it.

I imagine rating has something to do with it too. Community is rated TV-14 (while Venture Brothers is TV-MA some some seasons/episodes).

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Phenotype posted:

Really? I remember at least once where Jenna wears blackface (two black swans) but I can't think of anything else.

I remember people used to tell me I was silly for downloading everything because I could always just watch stuff on Netflix or whatever, but my media server is the only place to watch a growing number of shows that have been pulled.

Me and my MST3k DVDs, huddled together in a remote mountain shack

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Jon Hamm in Alfie and Abner in the live episode ("BANJO!!")

I'LL KILL YOU.

Alfie and Abner was absolutely insane

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Pershing posted:

Me and my MST3k DVDs, huddled together in a remote mountain shack

i have bad news about tom servo. why do you think his head was opaque during the theater scenes?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
https://www.instagram.com/p/ClzDP_6ORv0/
hammer.doc
As every Venture-Roo knows, The Monarch loves Republica. Dr. Girlfriend’s former “Saffron” hair cut-and-color was a big bonus during their courtship. So in honor of The Mighty Monarch, and the general kick-assery of the sadly ignored band “Republica”, Pageant Girls offer you this cover of their hit: “Drop Dead Gorgeous” Let this tie you over till The Venture Bros. X-Mas song is delivered this year. (Available on Spotify, Apple, Amazon, etc...)[/quote]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKdaChCIqDs

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Just watched "OSI Love You". Hank's Strength Suit may be the single most powerful loss in the series yet

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Just rewatched "Spanakopita!" for the millionth time and I still find it hilarious when Billy and Pete are tied up in the canyon as the sun rises, Pete's hair bursts into flames the moment the sun touches him.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
As a pale-skinned Irishman I once had an outdoor lunch with a colleague in September and I got sunburn so bad I had to take 3 days off work.

We were in Toronto.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

mutantIke posted:

Just watched "OSI Love You". Hank's Strength Suit may be the single most powerful loss in the series yet

You'll never get over the loss of your breasts. You'll miss them forever.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Hank being stoked to dress as a chick and in a different episode telling his old man not to put his bullshit gender norms on him and the handling of it was much-appreciated after some of the bumbling they did through Hunter being trans.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
They've clearly settled on Hunter being trans but (with tremendous apparent regret) detransitioning because he felt it was necessary for the job he does and the life he lives and while that's sad for him, it's definitely coherent.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Just finished S6 and am astonished at how completely strange it was. Would definitely be the show's best season if it had any sort of actual ending at all

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The end of s6 is the opening 3-parter of s7

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

DoctorWhat posted:

The end of s6 is the opening 3-parter of s7

Yup. All This and Gargantua 2 was a standalone thing between seasons 5 and 6 but got billed as two episodes against season 6. As a result, we had to wait for season 7 to wrap up that story line, which is done through a three episode series at the start of season 7. Season 7 does have a proper ending although it doesn’t seem like the end of the series.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Yeah, the movie is likely to be a proper ending to S7 as well as wrapping up other bits.

Or maybe it won't wrap up anything and just do its own thing, who knows!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
or maybe It'll be cancelled if the Aqua Teen movie is considered a bomb

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Please do not let the fate of The Venture Brothers hinge on Aqua Teen's success :pray:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Pope Guilty posted:

They've clearly settled on Hunter being trans but (with tremendous apparent regret) detransitioning because he felt it was necessary for the job he does and the life he lives and while that's sad for him, it's definitely coherent.
She's been canonically and for-real trans since her first appearance, including the capstone to the episode being that Brock couldn't kill her because she was a woman and they were off-limits. But that doesn't mean they didn't stumble a few times alone the way, including detransitioning one of the only trans people on TV with the dramatic reveal being a dick joke.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

QuarkJets posted:

Please do not let the fate of The Venture Brothers hinge on Aqua Teen's success :pray:

You know what we have to do. Godspeed.

:fsmug:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Show yourself Dana you coward

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i lost interest in ATHF over time but it did introduce me to Dana who is a GOAT. here is a line that is forever lodged in my brain, as i lay dying i will hear these word's in my mind eye's ear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3BezFmEZiE

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

uber_stoat posted:

i lost interest in ATHF over time but it did introduce me to Dana who is a GOAT. here is a line that is forever lodged in my brain, as i lay dying i will hear these word's in my mind eye's ear.

I absolutely love his delivery of that line. It's like a wonderful parasite, wiggling into my brain.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
“The pile of clothes in the hallway has worked fine for us for years, and it will continue to work” is what I think whenever I think about my bathroom. Or really any bathroom

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

uber_stoat posted:

When people ask me to do Shake, this is the line I give them.

For Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend, I do the entire Guy From Depeche Mode exchange.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

QuarkJets posted:

The only reason I started watching this show was because I loved the new Aqua Teen movie so much lmao

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I am 30 or 40 years old and do not need this

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Just finished what HBO Max calls "The Morphic Trilogy". I get it now

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

mutantIke posted:

Just finished what HBO Max calls "The Morphic Trilogy". I get it now

It’s really good. Every episode with Enrico Matassa is gold.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Oh sure, I love Hank Hank

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

hatty posted:

or maybe It'll be cancelled if the Aqua Teen movie is considered a bomb

Interesting choice of words considering the way that the marketing for the first Aqua Teen movie went.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

pooch516 posted:

Interesting choice of words considering the way that the marketing for the first Aqua Teen movie went.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Boston_Mooninite_panic God this entire event was so stupid.

In related news, TIL the City of Boston later hired the guy behind it to do the lights for the city's 2014 New Years celebration

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Sir this extremely conspicuous object seems to be some kind of hidden bomb. Yes it is flipping us the bird

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

QuarkJets posted:

Oh sure, I love Hank Hank

There’s a “Yarn Boutique” named Hank that I drive past on the way to a friend’s house. I think of the Hank Hank introduction every time.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Kesper North posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Boston_Mooninite_panic God this entire event was so stupid.

In related news, TIL the City of Boston later hired the guy behind it to do the lights for the city's 2014 New Years celebration

Back when [as] had a good forum setup, if memory serves, my signature there had a little GIF that said, basically, "1-31-07: NEVER FORGET."

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The best part of that was the press conference from the guys who were arrested. Their lawyers said to not talk about the case, so they instead talked about hair styles of the 70s.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
https://youtu.be/S8GVrWBkDrQ

this is hilarious, best part has to be "Do you guys have any haircut questions for us?" "WHEN ARE YOU GONNA GET ONE?" lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Officially caught up with the show. Looking forward to that movie that still might not be happening