Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Might be a dumb question but is a passenger seat useful in a truck?

Some truckers drive with their partner or share the drive and there are situations where you have a passenger related to the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Great twitter thread, from the author of the book Insane Clown President

At least ICP kind of apologized for past lovely mindset.

Elon just doubling down

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
stolen from OSHA thread.

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rmlchylfk71r0uzl6.mp4

Musky should try this except coffins.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

PITY BONER posted:

Also, it's good for picking up hitchhikers in the rain who later turn out to be ghosts.

I mean when you're bored and tired there's nothing wrong with having a chat with a ghost for a bit to help keep you awake.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Treecko posted:

Elon just doubling down

Isn't that what they all do? they all double or triple down and it rarely ever costs them anything.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PhazonLink posted:

stolen from OSHA thread.

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rmlchylfk71r0uzl6.mp4

Musky should try this except coffins.

Oh, is Dahiir Insaat doing the rounds again?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Some truckers drive with their partner or share the drive and there are situations where you have a passenger related to the job.

Also, dogs!

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

PhazonLink posted:

he's not because coffins are a mature/solved technology and he hasnt tried to invent them but worse.

Elon's coffins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rn5QdO07d8

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Plan R posted:

Isn't that what they all do? they all double or triple down and it rarely ever costs them anything.

Pretty much. He has a super inflated ego and thinks his money will protect him.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Splicer posted:

I love how this guy consistently fails to understand how the english language works.

Oh he understands it just fine but what he also understands is that the people he's talking to are credulous morons that are extremely motivated to take everything he says at face value.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Tarkus posted:

Realistically though, what could the EU do to Twitter in the case of losing in court? Assuming he doesn't care about the EU side of thing.

You have to play by the GDPR rules as soon as you do business in a country that enforces them. It's one of the fundamental pillars of it. When it came into effect, I had to deal with a couple of Swiss companies in that regard who mostly disregarded it for too long thinking it doesn't really affect them, as they are not in the EU, and thus didn't have it on their radar as a pressing matter. As soon as your business takes part in business in these countries, you have to play by it's rules with the services you offer there and the data you collect there.

A lot of companes thought "what can they do to me? They can't sue me, different country, different laws" and while that also ain't completely true, what the countries can do - and actually do - is kick you out of their market (plus of course fine you, and if you ever want to enter those markets again, you'll have to pay the fines). So even if Twitter would cease to offer any paid services to EU customers, they would still take part in business by showing ads. And even if they turn them off, you can easily see that beeing available in these countries by purely existing there with their service, their company gains worth, so if they refuse to abide to it, it'll mean they can get completely blocked and locked out at ISP level. And while Twitter still is big, the EU won't cut them any slack as that would undermine the GDPR so hard that it would no longer be important.

So long story short: there is no way to get around it. You want to offer your service and touch personal data in the EU, you play by the GDPR rules, or you don't play at all. It actually is enforced on such a strict level, and no "slap on the wrist" thing where the EU could go "okay we let you play and turn a blind eye, but what do you have to offer in return?". Lot of companies thought that would be the case and got burned.

That's why it's so funny, because Musk obviously thinks he is above the law with all the poo poo he managed to get through by now (even on EU soil in regard to the Tesla Factory close to Berlin, for example, but again that wasn't EU law there) and I imagine is pretty sure the GDPR is a similar matter he can simply ignore until everyone loses interest in screaming at him/suing him for minimum gain.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/ekai/status/1601305102501175296

Everything is great.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Treecko posted:

Pretty much. He has a super inflated ego and thinks his money will protect him.

Everyone knows if you want to make your money protect you, you need to turn that poo poo into gold and wear it about like armor!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/16/indian-businessman-famed-for-240000-gold-shirt-beaten-to-death

oh... :(

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.

I used to move freight for the military. They will pay a pretty premium for expedited service with an extra driver. they expect it to be moving most of the day except food breaks.

Edit: i should mention they are just trowing money away. half the time trucking companies that i brokered to would show up with 2 drivers and deliver with 1. in the 8 years i was doing it i think one person in the receiving end ever gave us poo poo.

Denim Dude fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 10, 2022

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

dr_rat posted:

Everyone knows if you want to make your money protect you, you need to turn that poo poo into gold and wear it about like armor!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/16/indian-businessman-famed-for-240000-gold-shirt-beaten-to-death

oh... :(

They both forgot the crucial step to make sure it was Mythril first

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1601384986199805953

so it sounds like dipshit is trying say that it was bad that they got angry and banned trump over this tweet. lol

i think its funny because elon in allowing this incidentally pulled back the curtain on the devil and showed nothing but a boring office that did management meetings about problem canidates. When you build up your enemies as satanic child fuckers who hate your immortal god emperor and the final big denouncement revelations are “well management talked about giving them a 12ver and we will have to talk about upper management for anything more drastic” kinda puts a damper on it

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is that boring old gently caress still going?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so it sounds like dipshit is trying say that it was bad that they got angry and banned trump over this tweet. lol

i think its funny because elon in allowing this incidentally pulled back the curtain on the devil and showed nothing but a boring office that did management meetings about problem canidates. When you build up your enemies as satanic child fuckers who hate your immortal god emperor and the final big denouncement revelations are “well management talked about giving them a 12ver and we will have to talk about upper management for anything more drastic” kinda puts a damper on it

LOL he's so dishonest.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Definitely cool that this dishonest hack is posting actual names & faces of Twitter employees while suggesting they're part of a grand conspiracy to end conservatism

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Musk is about a week away from just saying the election was stolen in a desperate attempt to bring Trump back

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
how long is he going to post this time? will we see a three digit twitter thread? four?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ymgve posted:

how long is he going to post this time? will we see a three digit twitter thread? four?

its like 70.

so today we learned: Twitter was not taking orders from FBI/DHS/etc, Twitter wasn't punishing conservatives if they didn't break the rules, and that twitter was exhausting all possibilities before banning trump

Sylvian Wastes
Jan 3, 2022

by Hand Knit

Dapper_Swindler posted:

All this screaming by conservatives on twitter about proof the left is suppressing them... and its all boring discussions and corporate moderation.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sylvian Wastes posted:

All this screaming by conservatives on twitter about proof the left is suppressing them... and its all boring discussions and corporate moderation.

thats just it. like its all boring bullshit and the smart GOP ghouls are loving pissed because they dont have anything new plus no one cares.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
is this the thread of the emerald prince

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
They gotta hype what they have. They all probably expected to find some "Soros says the laptop must never touch twitter, and to shadowban anyone with a (R) after their name" smoking gun but of course that doesn't exist so hyping up normal business discussions is the best they got.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

I think according to Musk the driver seat isn't super important either except for some pesky legalese that means they need a sack of meat in the seat to get sued when it runs over a kid because the AI is unimpeachable unless it turns off.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

bobjr posted:

Musk is about a week away from just saying the election was stolen in a desperate attempt to bring Trump back

i mean, he's brought back all the loudest fascists and conspiracy fucks. he may not have tweeted the words "the election was stolen!!!!!" yet, but he's said it loud and clear.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

zedprime posted:

except for some pesky legalese that means they need a sack of meat in the seat to get sued when it runs over a kid because the AI is unimpeachable unless it turns off.

I mean obviously all you need to do is make the cpu chip in each truck legally responsible for the AI code it's running, and problem solved.

and the neat thing about this is private jails can still get paid the full amount for housing these future CPU prisoners, while being brilliant money saving leaders of industry leaders by just storing them all in boxes stashed in a supply closest somewhere!

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I'm honestly kind of scared what will happen when the Twitter stuff dies. I don't use it myself but some are so gung-go about it.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

ymgve posted:

They gotta hype what they have. They all probably expected to find some "Soros says the laptop must never touch twitter, and to shadowban anyone with a (R) after their name" smoking gun but of course that doesn't exist so hyping up normal business discussions is the best they got.

law of projection says that Thiel or the Mercers are puppet stringing Musky.

also the dumbass is recording poo poo because he thinks he's a movie protag and he can get "leverage" over them.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

He's trying so hard to cherry-pick quotes to make Trimpf look like some innocent quiet victim. But that doesn't work when the rest of the quote is right there in your tweet. It's there! It's literally right there! We can all read it! He's saying the violence was justified!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The guy in the top right, TOP, is from the Korean boy band Big Bang.

I know this because one of his team members is currently in jail for running a night club where he and his mates would drug women and then rape and torture them.

Just the best loving candidates, lol.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i hope musky meltdown hard enough Disney does editing magic to remove his ironman cameo.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

PhazonLink posted:

i hope musky meltdown hard enough Disney does editing magic to remove his ironman cameo.

:yep:

Kazanski
Apr 19, 2005
A bad enough dude...

Wow, what a dipshit. Yes, the "go home with love" tweet. Not the "this is what happens, what do you expect?" tweet. Like the "go home" wasn't a half-hearted afterthought brought on by everyone in that buffoon's orbit begging him to say something. That poor moderator (and every citizen in the United States) should have been 3x as angry as he was.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/12/21062584/spacex-yusaku-maezawa-japan-billionaire-starship-girlfriend-contest-moon

Also one of the moon people are doing this.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Elon, you think maybe this isn't quite the right blend of occupational specialties for an interplanetary spaceflight?"

"You're right, let's add two or three more photographers"

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
Burning up on re-entry as the shuttle falls apart after spending 20 days trapped in a spaceship in close proximity to a prostitute and an impotent billionaire getting frisky sounds like money well spent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I miss when knowing who Elon Musk was that guy who made flammable cars, rockets to get drugs from Mexico, and saving Twainese soccer teams stuck in a flooded cave.

Oh wait I don't miss it at all he has always a human trash fire.