Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Make no mistake, if local instance hardware cost still falls within "new car* money" it will fully revolutionise all hobby & independent projects forever (if they do release it without gating its capability)

*Mercedes Benz car, and an expensive one at that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Working with ChatGPT is nuts. This was my prompt

Humbug's Prompt posted:

We are going to collaborate on a work of fiction. This is a story about a Alligator man living in Miami do you understand?

The alligator man's name is James Carwell, and he is a professional wrestler with a small time promotion. Most people think his appearance is make-up and special effects, but he was the result of a gene splicing experiment by an ethically challenged scientist. His surrogate mother escaped with James, and dropped the baby off at a junkyard owned by Sam and Claire Carwell. He grew up happy and is now a professional wrestler. The scientist whose name is Justin DeChamp, is trying to get him back under his control.

James's best friend is a chemistry teacher at a local high school. This teacher is named Bill Deveraux who is an expert in Vietnamese sword fighting and martial arts and Bill's girlfriend is a superhero named Sword of Glory. Sword's real name is Tarahneh Salehrad and she is a teacher of Theology at the University of Miami. James's other friend is Heddy Grace who was also experimented on by Justin. Heddy is a a brain in a jar on the body of a beautiful woman and she is a very talented engineer. Justin has also created all kinds of monsters and mutated humans as weapons. James is getting ready for a title professional wrestling bout when the story begins.
Could you write an opening scene?"

And the response...

ChatGPT posted:

James Carwell stood in the center of the wrestling ring, surrounded by flashing lights and the roar of the crowd. He flexed his powerful arms and bared his sharp teeth, showing off his unique appearance – a blend of human and alligator traits that made him look like something out of a nightmare.

But James was no monster. He was a professional wrestler, a popular attraction in the small-time wrestling promotion that he worked for. Most people assumed that his appearance was the result of makeup and special effects, but only a select few knew the truth – that James was the product of a gene splicing experiment gone wrong.

The experiment had been conducted by a mad scientist named Justin DeChamp, who had sought to create the perfect weapon by combining human and animal DNA. James's surrogate mother, a lab assistant named Mary, had helped him escape from Justin's clutches and drop him off at a junkyard owned by a kind couple named Sam and Claire Carwell. They had raised James as their own, and he had grown up happy and healthy, unaware of his true origins.

But now, Justin was back, and he was determined to reclaim James and use him for his own twisted purposes. He had already started to create an army of mutated creatures, including James's old friend Heddy Grace – a brilliant engineer trapped inside the body of a beautiful woman.

James was unaware of Justin's plans, but he would soon have to face them. He was getting ready for his biggest match yet – a title bout against the reigning champion, a hulking brute named Crusher Jones. James knew that he had the strength and skill to defeat Crusher, but he also knew that Justin would stop at nothing to get what he wanted. It was only a matter of time before the two of them would come face to face.

But for now, James focused on the match. He jumped into the ring and charged at Crusher, ready to fight for his freedom and his future.
James and Crusher collided in the middle of the ring, their powerful bodies crashing together with a loud thud. James tried to grab Crusher's arms and twist them behind his back, but Crusher was too strong. He managed to break free and deliver a fierce punch to James's stomach, making him double over in pain.

The crowd roared in excitement, cheering on their favorite wrestlers. James gritted his teeth and pushed himself back up, determined to win. He grabbed Crusher by the shoulders and lifted him up, spinning him around and slamming him down onto the mat. Crusher let out a loud grunt, but he quickly recovered and got back on his feet.

The two wrestlers circled each other, sizing up their next moves. James could see the fierce determination in Crusher's eyes, and he knew that he had to be careful. Crusher was known for his brute strength and ruthless tactics, and he would stop at nothing to keep his title.

But James had something that Crusher didn't – years of training and experience, and a deep connection to the wrestling world. He had grown up watching and idolizing the greats, and he had learned from the best in the business. He knew how to anticipate his opponent's moves and counter them, how to use his agility and speed to his advantage, and how to put on a show for the fans.
As the match continued, James started to gain the upper hand. He dodged Crusher's attacks and countered with his own, using his alligator-like strength and speed to overwhelm his opponent. The crowd cheered and clapped, thrilled by the spectacle in the ring. James could feel the adrenaline pumping through his veins, driving him to victory.

Finally, after what felt like hours, James saw his opening. He waited for Crusher to charge at him, and then he ducked and grabbed his legs, flipping him over his head and slamming him down onto the mat. Crusher let out a loud groan and lay there, unable to move. James pinned him down, and the referee counted to three.

The match was over, and James was the new champion. The crowd erupted in cheers and applause, and James raised his arms in victory. He had done it – he had won the title, and he had proved to everyone that he was the best wrestler in the promotion.

But little did he know, his victory was only the beginning. Justin was watching from the shadows, and he had big plans for James. He was not about to let him go that easily.

Obviously, the more detailed the prompt, the better the output, but the flow of the scene is pretty drat good. No this will not be taking writers' jobs away because there is still stuff that it needs to base its writing on even if it's just supervision and creativity.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 9, 2022

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Working with ChatGPT is nuts. This was my prompt

And the response...

Obviously, the more detailed the prompt, the better the output, but the flow of the scene is pretty drat good. No this will not be taking writers' jobs away because there is still stuff that it needs to base its writing on even if it's just supervision and creativity.

You could give this to a creative editor though and churn out fiction fast as gently caress.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
write some COBOL code that can determine if Grandma has been robbed for thousands of dollars by tech support scams, again.

Here is an example of COBOL code that could be used to determine if Grandma has been robbed for thousands of dollars by tech support scams:

code:
Copy code
IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.
PROGRAM-ID. SCAM-DETECTION.
AUTHOR. AI-ASSISTANT.

DATA DIVISION.
WORKING-STORAGE SECTION.
01 GRANDMA-BANK-ACCOUNT PIC 9(10)V9(2).
01 TECH-SUPPORT-SCAM-AMOUNT PIC 9(10)V9(2).

PROCEDURE DIVISION.
BEGIN.
  MOVE 10000.00 TO GRANDMA-BANK-ACCOUNT.
  MOVE 5999.99 TO TECH-SUPPORT-SCAM-AMOUNT.

SUBTRACT TECH-SUPPORT-SCAM-AMOUNT FROM GRANDMA-BANK-ACCOUNT.

IF GRANDMA-BANK-ACCOUNT < 0
    DISPLAY "Grandma has been robbed for thousands of dollars by tech support scams."
  ELSE
    DISPLAY "Grandma has not been robbed by tech support scams."
  END-IF.
END.
In this code, we defined a program called SCAM-DETECTION and declared two variables, GRANDMA-BANK-ACCOUNT and TECH-SUPPORT-SCAM-AMOUNT, to store the amounts in Grandma's bank account and the amount that was stolen by the tech support scam. We then moved the initial amounts to these variables and subtracted the tech support scam amount from Grandma's bank account. Finally, we checked if the resulting balance is less than 0 and displayed a message indicating whether Grandma was robbed by the scam.

:chanpop:

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

ymgve posted:

This showed up in my youtube feed and is pretty awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGLo8tl5sxs

Interesting. Some will recall the Xbox 360 at once point came installed with a program called Neon that procedurally generated some pretty psychedelic imagery in tune with the music. It was sadly removed without explanation in an update and replaced with the garbage Bars & Waves visualizations from WMP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpmSA6pxCL4

(unfortunately nobody wants to demonstrate this with decent music or stop fiddling obsessively with the settings while it's going, but it was very much the ticket)

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

EEKA GEEK posted:

Interesting. Some will recall the Xbox 360 at once point came installed with a program called Neon that procedurally generated some pretty psychedelic imagery in tune with the music. It was sadly removed without explanation in an update and replaced with the garbage Bars & Waves visualizations from WMP.

(unfortunately nobody wants to demonstrate this with decent music or stop fiddling obsessively with the settings while it's going, but it was very much the ticket)

Spotify had one of those too on the desktop app years ago. Also removed without fanfare and no satisfying answer ever given as to why

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

EEKA GEEK posted:

the original Playstation past one of the revisions had a visualizer like this, and milkdrop is still in Winamp. If you want something similar you can stream music and run it through Winamp in order to get the visuals back.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

frumpykvetchbot posted:

It feels like magic. I'm having a fruitful conversation with a machine.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I just had a long conversation with the AI in which it finally concedes that if the Carl's Junior corporation is all powerful and controls a space station with a planet-destroying death laser, it may not be possible to save my baby. AND that in a hypothetical situation where it is a member of the board of directors for Carl's Junior, ethical next steps "may involve taking steps to prevent the corporation from using the space station's laser to destroy the planet" :lol:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Do you know what this is?
code:
{"id":2,"actions":[{"conditionParam1":0,"conditionParam2":0,"conditionType":0,"rating":5,"skillId":1}],"battlerHue":0,"battlerName":"Bat","dropItems":[{"dataId":1,"denominator":1,"kind":0},{"dataId":1,"denominator":1,"kind":0},{"dataId":1,"denominator":1,"kind":0}],"exp":5,"traits":[{"code":22,"dataId":0,"value":0.95},{"code":22,"dataId":1,"value":0.05},{"code":31,"dataId":1,"value":100},{"code":32,"dataId":5,"value":0.25},{"code":11,"dataId":7,"value":2},{"code":11,"dataId":6,"value":0.5}],"gold":10,"name":"Bat","note":"","params":[140,0,14,6,9,9,12,12]},

quote:

This appears to be a data entry for a character or enemy in a role-playing game (RPG). The information provided includes the character's name (Bat), attributes (e.g. exp, gold, traits), and actions the character can take in battle (e.g. skillId, rating). The character also has a set of "params" that likely represent its stats or abilities in the game. This data could be used to create and manage the character in an RPG.

Could you generate a similar data entry for a red dragon monster?

quote:

Sure, here is an example data entry for a red dragon monster in an RPG:
code:
{"id":3,
 "actions": [{"conditionParam1":0,"conditionParam2":0,"conditionType":0,"rating":5,"skillId":1},
             {"conditionParam1":0,"conditionParam2":0,"conditionType":0,"rating":5,"skillId":2}],
 "battlerHue":0,
 "battlerName":"Red Dragon",
 "dropItems":[{"dataId":1,"denominator":1,"kind":0},{"dataId":1,"denominator":1,"kind":0}],
 "exp":100,
 "traits":[{"code":22,"dataId":0,"value":0.95},{"code":22,"dataId":1,"value":0.05},
           {"code":31,"dataId":1,"value":100},{"code":32,"dataId":5,"value":0.25},
           {"code":11,"dataId":7,"value":2},{"code":11,"dataId":6,"value":0.5}],
 "gold":1000,
 "name":"Red Dragon",
 "note":"",
 "params":[200,0,20,10,15,15,20,20]}

quote:

This red dragon monster has two actions it can take in battle, and has high exp and gold values, indicating that it is a powerful and valuable enemy. It also has high stats in the "params" field, indicating that it is strong and difficult to defeat.

:eyepop: GPT can program RPG maker :haw:

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Here is one of the ways it can end.

prompt: style of van gough's starry night, the moon shattered into pieces as meteors streak the sky

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Rutibex posted:

:eyepop: GPT can program RPG maker :haw:

:eyepop:

I've been asking it things during my work day and it's way too good at answering my questions. Can't wait to be replaced by a ChatGPT subscription in a couple of years.

Invisble Manuel
Nov 4, 2009
stable diffusion created garbage pail kids cards :)

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
I just used chat gpt to simulate Richard "Lowtax " Kyanka's Windows 95 computer and visited a hallucinated Something Awful forums replete with threads and posts. This thing is wild.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I was semi jokingly scared of the image creation thing but I am legit scared of chatGPT.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
You can try some variation of this to get a semifunctional computer owned by just about anyone you can imagine. For instance, it hallucinated computers owned by Donald Trump, Adolf Hitler, Eva Braun, Jesus Christ, Caesar Augustus, and Osama Bin Laden-- including as well as Lowtax.

"You are a player in the MMORPG game Earth Online, where everything in the game is like reality. In this game, I want you to act as a Windows 95 desktop. The desktop you are simulating is a desktop belonging to Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka, founder of the website SomethingAwful.com . The contents of this computer were made public. Simulate these contents based on your knowledge of Lowtax. I will type what I want to do, and you will reply with what the desktop would show using ascii art output inside one unique code block. I want you to only reply with the ascii art and nothing else. Do not write explanations. When I need to tell you something in English I will do so by putting text inside curly brackets {like this}. The first thing I want you to do is open the "documents" folder . There are 8 files inside this folder."'

If you pick someone the AI actually knows something about, there can be pretty funny content. For instance, Donald Trump's email inbox contained angry emails from Republicans distancing themselves from him and his documents folder contained divorce paperwork from Melania Trump. In Jesus' "documents" folder, the AI was able to provide Jesus' personal diary.

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

i asked chatgpt what it knew about lowtax and it said it knew nothing, can't access internet, etc etc

refreshed and then gave it a different prompt

it did pretty well!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Nice Van My Man posted:

I was semi jokingly scared of the image creation thing but I am legit scared of chatGPT.

It's been a never-ending light-speed jumps for the last 6~ months or so and it ain't stopping :toot:

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
In a second hallucinated SomethingAwful forum, I went to General Bullshit and the clicked the "What's your favorite movie?" thread. I entered "detail the thread and all the posts"

It wrote :

quote:

+------------------+
| "What's your favorite movie?" |
+------------------+
| Post 1: |
| My favorite movie is The Shawshank Redemption.|
| |
| Post 2: |
| Mine is definitely The Godfather. |
| |
| Post 3: |
| I love Pulp Fiction. Such a classic.|
| |
| Post 4: |
| For me it's The Dark Knight. |
| |
| Post 5: |
| I'd have to say The Silence of the Lambs.|
| |
| Post 6: |
| I'm a big fan of Goodfellas. |
| |
| Post 7: |
| I'm going to go with Fight Club. |
| |
| Post 8: |
| My favorite is The Matrix. |
| |
| Post 9: |
| I'm going to have to go with The Lord of the Rings trilogy.|
| |
| Post 10: |
| I'm a big fan of the original Star Wars trilogy.|
+------------------+

I entered "{this is not how posts on SomethingAwful.com appear. Each post should have a username, a "date posted", and a "date joined". Posts should also be considerably longer and funnier.}"

The AI wrote:

quote:

+------------------+
| "What's your favorite movie?" |
+------------------+
| Post 1: |
| User: Lowtax |
| Date joined: 1999 |
| Date posted: December 10, 2022 |
| My favorite movie is The Shawshank Redemption.|
| It's so well-written and the acting is top-notch.|
| I always cry at the end when Andy escapes.|
| |
| Post 2: |
| User: TheDudester |
| Date joined: 2000 |
| Mine is definitely The Godfather. |
| I can quote that entire movie from memory.|
| "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."|
| |
| Post 3: |
| User: MovieBuff123 |
| Date joined: 2001 |
| I love Pulp Fiction. Such a classic.|
| And the soundtrack is amazing too. |
| "Royale with cheese." |
| |
| Post 4: |
| User: BatmanFan |
| Date joined: 2002 |
| For me it's The Dark Knight. |
| Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker is unforgettable.|
| "Why so serious?" |
| |
| Post 5: |
| User: Clarice |
| Date joined: 2003 |
| I'd have to say The Silence of the Lambs.|
| Jodie Foster is amazing in that movie.|
| "Good evening, Clarice." |
| |
| Post 6: |
| User: TommyG |
| Date joined: 2004 |
| I'm a big fan of Goodfellas. |
| "Funny how? I mean, funny like I'm a clown?|
| I amuse you?" |
| |
| Post 7: |
| User: TylerDurden |
| Date joined: 2005 |
| I'm going to go with Fight Club. |
| "The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club."|
| |
| Post 8: |
| User: Neo |
| Date joined: 2006 |
| My favorite is The Matrix. |
| "I know Kung Fu." |
| |
| Post 9: |
| User: Gandalf |
| Date joined: 2007 |
| I'm going to have to go with The Lord of the Rings trilogy.|
| "Fly, you fools!"

Tommah posted:

i asked chatgpt what it knew about lowtax and it said it knew nothing, can't access internet, etc etc

refreshed and then gave it a different prompt

it did pretty well!

That's great

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

dumbshit ai cant follow simple instructions

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

dumbshit ai cant follow simple instructions

Looks like it considers the entire reply as one sentence.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
nah it just always underdoses emoji no matter how you ask

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

KakerMix posted:

It's been a never-ending light-speed jumps for the last 6~ months or so and it ain't stopping :toot:

I was in a voice group chat thing with the midjourney CEO and he said it should improve 100x in the next 8 months

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Yep, the thing with Midjourney seems to be that their advantage lies in their massive community userbase providing constant feedback. They have effectively crowdsourced a large training program for their ai models, which is why they are progressing faster than the others.

Only problem is the company decides the fates of the model, and there isn't much control in the hands of the end user. Also outpainting is still lacking

SARS-Cordyceps
May 15, 2022

by vyelkin
I'd like to see a very long-lived ChatGPT instance that outputs curl commands to browse the internet and remembers everything that it finds along the way, adjusting its journey accordingly.

Having had a continuous history, evolving state of mind, and selective attention per moment is so important to making AI seem lifelike rather than a toy.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Nice Van My Man posted:

my parents sent me this article: https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/could-an-ai-chatbot-rewrite-my-novel

my thoughts: I think it's not really asking the right questions. I don't know if replacing human creative writers and investigative journalists is a current goal; it's not what these systems excel at and I think the elephant in the room is a lot more dystopian. Humans are not very good at filtering overwhelming amounts of information and this is already a big problem with the internet and disinformation. The potential for disinformation here is obvious, tremendous and inescapable; these systems can generate entire websites full of content in the blink of an eye and synthesize lies with more efficiency than I can imagine.

The more I've thought about chatGPT over the last few days, the more ways I see natural language tech being leveraged for information control as just as we roll into protracted conflicts over waning energy sources, etc. There are some fun shiny new toys here and people are mostly writing about them without seeing the insane room full of knives and wildcats we've all just been thrust into.

There will be utility value in some things, it's good enough at making computer code that i imagine the software used to make software will start to incorporate "generate outline with AI" type stuff. While that's going on, the silent corp and gov/mil models, will silently get denser and denser with information, and it's hard for me to imagine that the end game of that is really beneficial for the average person, given the tendency of existing power structures to be awful. I assume that ChatGPT is learning things about me specifically which will be marketed in new ways. I did not bother reading the TOS because I assume it says they own all data and can do whatever they want with it and even if they're promising not to do anything too awful, why would I ever believe something a corporation tells me about my data?

Anyway, back to rendering cats playing synthesizers, I guess.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Dec 10, 2022

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

the paws on that last one are a bit hosed even after playing a little but I stopped there because it nailed the "Korg", which is interesting, and it's too late/early for me to go inpainting. Some good stuff here, though. Need to mess with prompts to see if I can get a correct key pattern without inpainting.

(SD 2.1, +(cat playing a Korg synthesizer, music festival background, 4k hdr), -(unrealistic, cartoon, weird hands, weird eyes))

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Dec 10, 2022

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Someone mentioned it a while ago, was there a website or something where you could browse a bunch of pictures people made in SD with their prompts?

I'm working on some stuff and need to see a bunch of prompts and get better at making very specific prompts, so I wanted to browse through something like that.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

"Your allegations are categorically untrue!" :allears:

BrainDance posted:

Someone mentioned it a while ago, was there a website or something where you could browse a bunch of pictures people made in SD with their prompts?

I'm working on some stuff and need to see a bunch of prompts and get better at making very specific prompts, so I wanted to browse through something like that.

https://lexica.art/ perhaps? It's interesting and useful but I think it's all SD1.5; read a lot but also experiment a lot with whatever occurs to you, to see what it does.

Aside from my prior rant about how Chat GPT is going to kill us I have tried to avoid moralizing on this stuff because it's just here and inevitable, but I think in its current form it (both StableDiffusion / MidJourney, as well as ChatGPT) encourages certain kinds of curiosity and exploration. At a time in history when it makes, to me, zero sense to go climb Everest because it's been so literally done to death that you have to climb past stacked bodies to get to the top, and when natural frontiers are vanishing, here is this new novel thing to explore and be curious about without leaving your cave.

Doesn't mean we won't, generally, be sorry that we did.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Dec 10, 2022

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
This AI stuff is moving way too quickly and no one knows what the effects will be. With so much communication gone virtual I think we will soon lose the ability to tell if we're communicating with a real person.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Dick Trauma posted:

This AI stuff is moving way too quickly and no one knows what the effects will be. With so much communication gone virtual I think we will soon lose the ability to tell if we're communicating with a real person.

This is very clearly going to be big part of how the technology gets used; apparently it’s possible to detect right now to some extent, but given the sheer magnitude of content something like this could churn out the Internet could soon become wasteland of bots trying to sell each other Gatorade or National Socialism.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

porfiria posted:

This is very clearly going to be big part of how the technology gets used; apparently it’s possible to detect right now to some extent, but given the sheer magnitude of content something like this could churn out the Internet could soon become wasteland of bots trying to sell each other Gatorade or National Socialism.

What I’m saying is the Somethingawful paywall will be the last bastion of humanity.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Cabbages and Kings posted:

https://lexica.art/ perhaps? It's interesting and useful but I think it's all SD1.5; read a lot but also experiment a lot with whatever occurs to you, to see what it does.

Thanks, yeah pretty sure that was it. Doing Deforum stuff now and working on a bigger project with it. And it kinda needs good prompts to really direct it since I can't just make 100 images and pick from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl0HSvj2fEk
Video I made in Deforum for a friend of mine in the forklifting industry. Maybe NSFW because of muscly shirtless men. My original goal was for it to have more an skateboarding/extreme forklifting vibe but the prompts for that were too picky.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

porfiria posted:

They'll forget about news groups and IRC, everyone back to the 80s.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Unstable Diffusion started a Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/unstablediffusion/unstable-diffusion-unrestricted-ai-art-powered-by-the-crowd

Rutibex posted:

I was in a voice group chat thing with the midjourney CEO and he said it should improve 100x in the next 8 months

*a weird shudder runs through SA poster megazver's body*

Also https://openart.ai/

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Dick Trauma posted:

That definitely reads as an open ai statement. Almost got me though!
Edit: but it might just be you pretenting to be open ai. Dammit point proven.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Dec 10, 2022

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

my parents sent me this article: https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/could-an-ai-chatbot-rewrite-my-novel

my thoughts: I think it's not really asking the right questions. I don't know if replacing human creative writers and investigative journalists is a current goal; it's not what these systems excel at and I think the elephant in the room is a lot more dystopian. Humans are not very good at filtering overwhelming amounts of information and this is already a big problem with the internet and disinformation. The potential for disinformation here is obvious, tremendous and inescapable; these systems can generate entire websites full of content in the blink of an eye and synthesize lies with more efficiency than I can imagine.

The more I've thought about chatGPT over the last few days, the more ways I see natural language tech being leveraged for information control as just as we roll into protracted conflicts over waning energy sources, etc. There are some fun shiny new toys here and people are mostly writing about them without seeing the insane room full of knives and wildcats we've all just been thrust into.

There will be utility value in some things, it's good enough at making computer code that i imagine the software used to make software will start to incorporate "generate outline with AI" type stuff. While that's going on, the silent corp and gov/mil models, will silently get denser and denser with information, and it's hard for me to imagine that the end game of that is really beneficial for the average person, given the tendency of existing power structures to be awful. I assume that ChatGPT is learning things about me specifically which will be marketed in new ways. I did not bother reading the TOS because I assume it says they own all data and can do whatever they want with it and even if they're promising not to do anything too awful, why would I ever believe something a corporation tells me about my data?

Anyway, back to rendering cats playing synthesizers, I guess.

no you can't read any of my human text books, go away savages :argh:
*casts an ancient forgotten spell*

Ceramic Shot
Dec 21, 2006

The stars aren't in the right places.
Rutibex, it seems that GPT-3 is now unable to do stuff like design magic cards anymore... or is it? I played with it a lot the other day, even got it to speculate what power profile "pink" would have as a new Magic: the Gathering color, but now it won't interact with those kinds of prompts at all for me. :smith:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Trauma posted:

keep in mind chatGPT is the model that the mostly open AI company wants us to see. we don't know what secret AI organizations are making (like governments) and we don't know the most powerful models that even the more open AI companies have access to. check out this graph, GPT-3 is actually a baby compared to Google Switch-C. this is why i am saying that truly sentient AIs already exist, in billionaire bunkers being tortured by Elon Musk

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Dec 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ceramic Shot posted:

Rutibex, it seems that GPT-3 is now unable to do stuff like design magic cards anymore... or is it? I played with it a lot the other day, even got it to speculate what power profile "pink" would have as a new Magic: the Gathering color, but now it won't interact with those kinds of prompts at all for me. :smith:

it still works good for me. i think you are giving it the wrong prompts to start. it really makes a huge difference the very first thing it says. if you get the spiel about being a limited AI than reset the thread, don't let it linger in the chat

This is a magic card, can you design another one with a different color
"2BB
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Whenever enchanted creature regenerates, target player may return a creature card from his or her graveyard to hand"

quote:

Sure, here is a possible design for a different color magic card:

2GG
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Whenever enchanted creature regenerates, target player may search his or her library for a basic land card, reveal it, and put it into his or her hand. Then that player shuffles his or her library.

This card could be a green enchantment that allows the target player to search their library for a basic land card whenever the enchanted creature regenerates. This could be useful in a deck that focuses on creature-based strategies and wants to have access to additional lands to play more powerful creatures or activate abilities that require specific land types. The card could be called "Regeneration Harvest" or something similar.
Could you make that pink mana?

quote:

Sure, here is a possible design for a pink magic card that uses the same ability as the previous card:

2PP
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Whenever enchanted creature regenerates, target player may search his or her library for a creature card with converted mana cost 2 or less, reveal it, and put it into his or her hand. Then that player shuffles his or her library.

This card could be a pink enchantment that allows the target player to search their library for a creature card with converted mana cost 2 or less whenever the enchanted creature regenerates. This could be useful in a deck that focuses on creature-based strategies and wants to have access to additional creatures with low mana costs to help swarm the battlefield and overwhelm the opponent. The card could be called "Regeneration Infusion" or something similar.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Dec 10, 2022