Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Holy poo poo that ending though
e: I am even pleased to hear the Ed Sheeran. drat, I had real feelings about my videogame buddies :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

HopperUK posted:

e: I am even pleased to hear the Ed Sheeran.

hosed up tbqh

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Augus posted:

hosed up tbqh

You cannot bring me down right now I am filled with joy

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

HopperUK posted:

You cannot bring me down right now I am filled with joy

Not gonna lie it's probably the strongest ending the series has ever had.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I tried out a casual battle with the Pokémon I’ve been training and wiped the floor with someone with their ingame team in the low 30’s.

Then I tried ranked and have lost 5 out of 5 battles. A couple came close, but then I got swept by normal tera Dragonites with Extremespeed twice in a row. Will I ever win a ranked battle? Unlikely, but not impossible. I’ve been brining Meowscarada, Mabosstiff, Dachsbun, and Gyarados. I’m looking to train a Vaporeon, a Hatterene, and an Iron Jugulus next.

Muscle Tracer posted:

Its one and only ability is levitate...

But its gen 5 sprite stands on its fins and waddles and hops. It’s way cuter. :colbert: I haven’t seen one out of battle though, so if it has waddle mode out of battle, I’d be satisfied with that.

I do like how Pokémon like Flamigo will either fly or stand depending on how you encountered them.

Nessa fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 10, 2022

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Flopsy posted:

Not gonna lie it's probably the strongest ending the series has ever had.

I think the only ending that can compete is Black/White. What a good ending.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
XY’s story wasn’t great but its ending was fantastic

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Nessa posted:

Then I tried ranked and have lost 5 out of 5 battles. A couple came close, but then I got swept by normal tera Dragonites with Extremespeed twice in a row. Will I ever win a ranked battle? Unlikely, but not impossible. I’ve been brining Meowscarada, Mabosstiff, Dachsbun, and Gyarados. I’m looking to train a Vaporeon, a Hatterene, and an Iron Jugulus next.

Don't get discouraged. There's a huge leap in skill from in-game battles to competitive.

Do you watch any youtubers? That's a good place to start. Wolfe Glick, Aaron Cybertron Zheng, Ray Rizzo, James Baek. There's loads of VGC content creators out there who share rental teams and talk through their thought process while playing matches.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Augus posted:

hosed up tbqh

Who is he that gets Internet nerds riled up so much?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

thetoughestbean posted:

That song over the credits is still loving weird.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Out of curiosity if I make a dark encounter sandwich will I increase my Roaring Moon encounter rate? Because the Ultra avocado sandwich also increases catching rate for dragons as well.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Flopsy posted:

Out of curiosity if I make a dark encounter sandwich will I increase my Roaring Moon encounter rate? Because the Ultra avocado sandwich also increases catching rate for dragons as well.

It would, provided you're in the little hidey-hole that Roaring Moon spawns at.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Rudoku posted:

Who is he that gets Internet nerds riled up so much?

https://twitter.com/rena_rawr_/status/1590036919471132672

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Don't get discouraged. There's a huge leap in skill from in-game battles to competitive.

Do you watch any youtubers? That's a good place to start. Wolfe Glick, Aaron Cybertron Zheng, Ray Rizzo, James Baek. There's loads of VGC content creators out there who share rental teams and talk through their thought process while playing matches.

I don’t watch YouTubers. I’ve played ranked in other gens and would win some and lose some. Hell, 5th Gen I got a few rage quits when my Cinccino would one shot their Hydreigons. That was glorious. I loved beating up big scary teams with my cute Pokémon.

I guess I just want to play against other folks at my level and have fun playing with my favourites. I thought that was what casual was for, but I don’t want to steamroll literal children with a 4 IV, steel tera, moxie Gyarados.

I was playing doubles, cause I love doubles (and really miss triples). Maybe I’ll have better luck with singles.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I dont like how dondozo spawn, why do they have to swim up from the depths

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

it's cool that almost everyone is organically encountering 1 or 2 shiny pokemon during their playthrough, that seems pretty ideal to me. I still haven't seen one that I am aware of but I did forget that Toxtricity has 2 forms and got really excited when one with a blue mane walked past while I was having a battle

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sure this is probably common knowledge by now. But if you don't like your outbreak spawns for the day, you can just reopen the game and it changes all of them. I just found out when I accidentally made Frosslass extinct, and thought resetting would keep everything down to the natures like it always does for everything else. :downs:

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

robot roll call posted:

it's cool that almost everyone is organically encountering 1 or 2 shiny pokemon during their playthrough, that seems pretty ideal to me. I still haven't seen one that I am aware of but I did forget that Toxtricity has 2 forms and got really excited when one with a blue mane walked past while I was having a battle

The only shiny I've seen so far was a loving voltorb that decided to self-destruct rather than let me catch him :(

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I got a midnight Lycanroc acting as the hype man for this Roaring Moon I'm trying to catch. He's just howling away in the background talking all the smack.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

pseudodragon posted:

The only shiny I've seen so far was a loving voltorb that decided to self-destruct rather than let me catch him :(

Just think of it as sparing you from feeling enticed to try using a voltorb.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The deed is done. Caught a jolly Roaring Moon in the lure ball. Takes forever but since it doesn't have Flutter Mane's respawning glitch it worked out okay. Took me bout' an hour though.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I got a shiny Skiddo! It's really cute. They do grass things and kick things.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

thetoughestbean posted:

honestly i don’t remember the ending of bw at all but the cutscene at the end of xy has stuck with me even though the rest of the game was forgettable

really wish they’d went into more about Az then what they gave us in the game, because it was really interesting to me! and then it’s never brought up again lol

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Splash Attack posted:

honestly i don’t remember the ending of bw at all but the cutscene at the end of xy has stuck with me even though the rest of the game was forgettable

really wish they’d went into more about Az then what they gave us in the game, because it was really interesting to me! and then it’s never brought up again lol

X&Y were games full of tantalizing suggestions and hints that never fully materialized because the Z game never manifested.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Splash Attack posted:

You managed to forget the bad guys interrupting your elite four attempt by tunneling a castle up from underneath it, resulting in a big showdown with N, capturing the box legendary, and fighting the big bad?

As far as endings go, that's kind of a weird one to be forgotten.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Flopsy posted:

X&Y were games full of tantalizing suggestions and hints that never fully materialized because the Z game never manifested.

Here lies Zygarde, it never scored.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This is the lowest reviewed mainline Pokemon game ever, and yet, the overwhelming majority of users here (myself included) would agree it's one of the best ones.

The review system is broken.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

FoolyCharged posted:

You managed to forget the bad guys interrupting your elite four attempt by tunneling a castle up from underneath it, resulting in a big showdown with N, capturing the box legendary, and fighting the big bad?

As far as endings go, that's kind of a weird one to be forgotten.

yup. i have absolutely no recollection of it at all, even after you brought it up.

i know i didn’t even finish bw2, so i think at that time i was just burnt out on pokemon since i’d spent a couple hundred hours playing diamond and plat. honestly i’m looking forward to a remake of gen 5 because i don’t really remember much.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Kirios posted:

This is the lowest reviewed mainline Pokemon game ever, and yet, the overwhelming majority of users here (myself included) would agree it's one of the best ones.

It's a good game, just undercooked. 6 months to fix the performance and maybe add some side quests or something and it'd be something real special instead of just a generally decent experience

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I really don't like the open world. The map just feels so bland, and that you can zip around from one end to the other without having to interact with any pokemon or trainer makes it feel kind of small.

For me pokemon kind of peaked with sun/moon.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Gens 6 and 7 had the opposite problem from 8 and 9 in that I feel like they were over-bloated, imo. Obviously I'd rather have too many things going on than too few, but still.

I do still feel gen 7 was kind of the apex of what Pokemon was supposed to be though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Game's got 8 gyms, 5 antagonist team admins, 5 (pretty basic) totem pokemon, the most new pokemon since gen 5 and even some other stuff on top of that and you think there's not enough here?

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Finished my team tonight and gave it a test run on ladder. Went 2-0, first match was close but I absolutely steamrolled the second. Prankster Murkrow is monstrous paired with Gallade and Hydreigon

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

pseudodragon posted:

tale as old as time....

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Kirios posted:

I think they're reviewing exclusively on the bugs honestly.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Game's got 8 gyms, 5 antagonist team admins, 5 (pretty basic) totem pokemon, the most new pokemon since gen 5 and even some other stuff on top of that and you think there's not enough here?

Yes

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Yes

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ok fair, but not enough compared to gen 6?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

But the world between all this might as well not exist. You can pretty much just dash from goal to goal ignoring anything else. Which I guess is on the player yea. But there just isn't that sense of a journey there anymore for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I was replying to Framboise about gen 9 feeling like there was a lack of content.

I mostly agree that the map is kinda boring and definitely agree that SM were the best.