Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

acksplode
May 17, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

I thought that got shitcanned and they lost the license or they lost the license so it got shitcanned or something
Nah it's still on, just in development hell. Tencent bought the license but that only applies to sequels so the remake isn't affected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I think that was System Shock 3

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

bows1 posted:

Armored Core 6 trailer is loving RAD. Never played one but that trailer + FROM is a day 1 preorder for me.

Armored Core cinematics have always been pretty baller, their artistic direction is so fantastic. What really held the games back was sparing, somewhat plain environments and rather low project budgets, I guess customary of its sim-adjacent origins. Critically speaking, the series kind of fell off during the latter half of the PS2 era when there were like 6 AC games released from like 6 different publishers in as many years, so the upgrades between titles became super granular, almost like buying Madden games every year. Miyazaki eventually came along and worked on 4/4A, and they released like 1 more after that, but this really feels like the first time an Armored Core title is actually getting a sizeable budget and a bunch of environmental asset artists working on it. In other words, AC, but now with a decade of award winning games under their belts.

Escobarbarian posted:

God the Death Stranding trailer is amazing. I was speculating that the Lea parts take place in a prologue and then there’s a time skip and Elle Fanning as adult Lou is real but Lea hasn’t really aged in that last bit so I dunno

Yeah, it looks incredible. Great stuff. I think 80 hours burnt me out on DS1 at the time, but I should've just taken my time on it and not been in a rush to finish. Then lockdown happened, would've been a great game for lockdown. Anyways, my fondness for DS has only grown in the last 2 years, it's just a very unique game whatever its problems may be.

Escobarbarian posted:

That tentacle in the pod is the most excited I’ve ever been to see a tentacle in a piece of media from Japan

It's no La Blue Girl, but it's a start! :mmmhmm:

exquisite tea posted:

Everything I’ve seen from D4 just makes it look utterly out of ideas, which was more or less confirmed by that article.

It's hard for me to care at all about this one. Diablo 2R gets me in the good place because its appeals to my nostalgia are extremely faithful to how I remember it back then, and its story and vibe were always actually interesting and not played out. VV's remake appealed to the Blizzard of another age, a studio that no longer exists. And yeah, it played awesome on a controller, too.

I said come in! posted:

Played the Forspoken demo, I think I am probably the only person that will buy the game at launch. Really liked it a lot, but I can't find a single person out there that hasn't written the game off as trash. I have the brain worms.

I'm def gonna download it and give it a try, strangely enough I've been anticipating it regardless of the awful marketing.

I said come in! posted:

lol nah this has been one of the best years in gaming in decades.

Totally agree. Amazing year for me. I need to buy fewer games next year :psyduck:

Horrorosaurus posted:

I thought the Unreal Engine 5 PS5 tech demo from 2 years ago was supposedly taken from this game? I guess not.

You are misinformed. Forspoken runs on Luminous.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

I thought that got shitcanned and they lost the license or they lost the license so it got shitcanned or something
Nightdive actually owns the System Shock IP. Tencent bought Otherside who had a deal with Nightdive to make System Shock sequels.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Arist posted:

Hm, I might be playing too much Dwarf Fortress

As someone who hasn’t played dorf fortress but has read the sa thread let’s plays I am really interested in picking it up but worried about the density and menus and complexness

I know the depth of it is it’s life blood I’m just worried I’m too dumb to play

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Ken Levine looks like Charlie Day and David Duchovny’s love child

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

SilkyP posted:

Ken Levine looks like Charlie Day and David Duchovny’s love child

He’s beard era Steve Carell

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

incorporeal posted:

Armored Core 6

incorporeal posted:

Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon

:blastu:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4019361

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

SilkyP posted:

As someone who hasn’t played dorf fortress but has read the sa thread let’s plays I am really interested in picking it up but worried about the density and menus and complexness

I know the depth of it is it’s life blood I’m just worried I’m too dumb to play

If you’ve played Rimworld and enjoyed it but felt like you could handle something a magnitude more complex, jump in.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah I got confused as both the PS5/UE5 tech demo and Forspoken kinda had a lady character doing crazy jumps etc.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

bloodychill posted:

If you’ve played Rimworld and enjoyed it but felt like you could handle something a magnitude more complex, jump in.

Ehhhhh

Even Rimworld confused me but I’m all about supporting the arts

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I finished the forspoken demo tonight. Bullet points:
I don't think it's going to be a bad game, necessarily.
But it is a bad demo.
It's the worst use of haptics ever. Beyond awful. Had to switch it off.
If you add a menu option to make the main character stop talking so much, just make that default, you already know it's too much.
My day job is working in computer graphics, I spend 20 hours a week in ue5, and I cannot figure out what the ray tracing mode does.
Also, normally I go for 30fps 4k in games - absolutley no chance in this. It feels awful. 60fps here feels like 30 in other games. People who are sticklers for 60 will find a new level of discomfort.
The world is nice.
Juggling a bunch of powers sometimes feels both spectacular and technical, which is a lot of fun, when it all comes together.
The only time I lost health was jumping off cliffs.

All in all I am going to guess they have hurt sales with this demo. The same team did a weird demo for ff15 but I think they forgot that was a main ff title so of course it would sell well... this is a game where you play as a brown millennial woman and change your nail polish for stat buffs.
I used to work with a girl who I know for a fact must be SO hyped about this game right now and it's kind of dope she has a big budget rpg just for her, but also I hope they made it good enough that it's fun for me for 50h. I will find out when the reviews drop though, not a day 1 purchase.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Here is your Unreal 5.1
https://twitter.com/digitalfoundry/status/1601243482601164801?t=T-5pnuelbduIWz1DCgIuuA&s=19

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

It’s weird. I re-downloaded Fortnite just to see how it looks now. It didn’t look as good as it does in the DF video. And I’m not talking about compared to PC. The DF video shows even the tiniest little rocks casting small shadows on PS5, but they just…don’t when I was playing. Also no-where near the nice indirect lighting on things like the undersides of bridges. This was at 60 fps (I don’t even have a display capable of 120 hz), so I don’t think it was from having 120 fps on.

Also reminded me that I just really, really don’t like Fortnite. Glad other people like it, but I think I’m just too old for my brain to understand what the kids like about it.

cubicle gangster posted:

I finished the forspoken demo tonight. Bullet points:

This is basically how I feel as well, though I don’t think I will pick it up even at a reduced price.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Pulcinella posted:

It’s weird. I re-downloaded Fortnite just to see how it looks now. It didn’t look as good as it does in the DF video. And I’m not talking about compared to PC. The DF video shows even the tiniest little rocks casting small shadows on PS5, but they just…don’t when I was playing. Also no-where near the nice indirect lighting on things like the undersides of bridges. This was at 60 fps (I don’t even have a display capable of 120 hz), so I don’t think it was from having 120 fps on.

Also reminded me that I just really, really don’t like Fortnite. Glad other people like it, but I think I’m just too old for my brain to understand what the kids like about it.

This is basically how I feel as well, though I don’t think I will pick it up even at a reduced price.

It’s not just you I downloaded due to ur5 hype and it’s just not a good game feels like trash and looks like a Disney movie ingested quaaludes
I’m sure it doesn’t help that there are literally at least 3 different games that do a better job aping the battle royals genre

SilkyP fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Dec 10, 2022

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I was glad to watch that DF video because I don't play Fortnite, nor do I want to, but it's cool to see the future of video games being implemented already in something beyond that Matrix demo.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love all the funny terms. Especially TEMPORAL SUPER RESOLUTION

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Finally decided to start cyberpunk 2077 after holding off for a while and I’m gonna take a stab and say the game never comes up with a better character once they kill off Jackie?
I’m only like 6 hours in but I feel like they already blew their load as far as characters go
Still, pretty decent game in my opinion but the loot side of this game is annoying I wish poo poo was more streamlined
Night City is a good looking place

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

There are a lot of good characters.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Jackie was great but not even in my top 5

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kojima rules:

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1601443905978830848
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1601468479793942528

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsRWESIlfMM

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Pulcinella posted:

Let's be honest if it sweeps 8-9/10's like gow18 off the story and how the combat develops, you would pick it up earliar.
It's not likely... But that's my threshold too. I'd love it if it managed to sweep strong reviews, I'm genuinely rooting for it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

That was system shock 3.

System shock remake is coming out on playstations uhhh soon.

Also i think something is happening with ss2 as well

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Lol. Come on square...

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Fort what? Never heard of it. Sounds like a malware scam

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Yeah baby, get him digitized kojima! I wanna see a naked buff pacino in ds3

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1601196347725475841?t=Om5m0CV8vuR3auFc_JagHg&s=19

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol they made cid a dreamboat

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Escobarbarian posted:

God the Death Stranding trailer is amazing. I was speculating that the Lea parts take place in a prologue and then there’s a time skip and Elle Fanning as adult Lou is real but Lea hasn’t really aged in that last bit so I dunno

The bib on the baby says ‘Louise’, and you can see the BB tank in the corner turned into a fish tank, plus Sam’s dream catcher, so it’s probably a year and a half or so after the first game, I’m guessing based on BB’s age, but also Sam is way older than he should be in the trailer, but maybe that’s way after the first scene with Fragile and Louise. Maybe it’s another rapidly aging protagonist, maybe the time fall did it..

But yeah it’s so good, Troy baker is back, but as a cyborg Amelia, playing a guitar which owns. Also I had missed the opening shot the first time and there’s so many cool little things, like all those people dressed up, maybe making a pilgrimage to something, carrying a futuristic sarcophagus or something. Something is obviously up with BB Louise, I bet Higgs kidnaps her and says he needs her to do the death stranding 2 or something, she clearly has super powers.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Dec 10, 2022

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Right on, cool stuff.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Yeah baby, get him digitized kojima! I wanna see a naked buff pacino in ds3

Yes! Hideo and Pacino are living the dream.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

lol they made cid a dreamboat

You're behind the times. There have been a few sexy Cids in the franchise. Raines, Bunansa... you could even make a case for Garlond.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

You absolutely cannot make a case for garlond.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

something post smooth Cid

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

People on this forum seethingly hate bioshock

I just re-downloaded Bioshock 2 on the Sony ps5. :cheers:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

You absolutely cannot make a case for garlond.

You've seen him without the beard, right?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I bought Sifu and Tunic tonight. I credit persistent game players itt for pushing me into manic spending sprees during this incredible year for gaming.

May the almighty Game Genie bless us similarly in 2023.

Amen.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

You've seen him without the beard, right?

Yeah but the only good scenes with cid garlond are when nero and jesse show up and shittalk him for being a useless oval office. :colbert:

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

I bought Sifu and Tunic tonight. I credit persistent game players itt for pushing me into manic spending sprees during this incredible year for gaming.

May the almighty Game Genie bless us similarly in 2023.

Amen.

I keep forgetting sifu was this year, it’s definitely gonna in my top 3 list of gotys. I assumed you had it already, but yeah you’ll definitely enjoy it. Tunic as well, but sifu is one of the few games that feels similar to Sekiro imo, very few games have combat systems that look and feel as stylish as they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Pulcinella posted:

That is weird. It looks like the video on my ps5.

Did you try build or no-build?