Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/1601117207173308416

Gonna laff if they start off 2023 with announcing delays

WHERE IS FORZA MOTORSPORT? :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Alchenar posted:

I don't understand how a game like that just appears out of nowhere with a release date in 3 months. No actual gameplay footage. But it obviously wasn't cheap.

e: it looks like its actually more Payday 2 than GTA

Maybe some rich guy's vanity project and he's still sharing Chuck Norris memes on Facebook. It's also EGS exclusive, so they got a chunk of money for that.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like that someone said “You know what would be better than one Keanu Reeves in our game? A dozen b-listers.”

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

I said come in! posted:

WHERE IS FORZA MOTORSPORT? :qq:

It's 8 seconds into that video lol

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Disposable Scud posted:

Yea it was straight trash. Blood on the Sand was a million times better.

Are copies of Blood on the Sand still crazy overpriced?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

The Illusive Man posted:

Looking at Ebay you're not gonna get it for less than 50, and thats boxless.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

ZeeBoi posted:

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/1601117207173308416

Gonna laff if they start off 2023 with announcing delays

Shadow of Chornobyl

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

webmeister posted:

Shadow of Chornobyl

Aren’t they too busy fighting Russians irl?

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Nuts and Gum posted:

Aren’t they too busy fighting Russians irl?

Pretty sure they moved into an office in Prague or something and continued development.

Edit: they moved to Prague in May

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
:siren: Mindshare gap! :siren:
https://twitter.com/DMC_Ryan/status/1601064246694932480

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
What the gently caress is mindshare

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Every time I see that guy I just think about this
https://twitter.com/dmc_ryan/status/1043223971477385216

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

McCaffrey is such a tool, always has been.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Chained Echoes is great and reminds me of 90's Squaresoft RPGs.

The pixel art is great but I craved the TV look. I found this tool called Shader Glass that has dozens of CRT emulation options you can apply to any window. Just adding a hint of scanlines and blur perfected that SNES on a TV look and made it more enjoyable to me.
https://mausimus.itch.io/shaderglass

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

ZeeBoi posted:

McCaffrey is such a tool, always has been.

Knowing nothing else about him that was the first word that popped into my mind when I saw him

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It really sucks but the writing is on the wall for Game Pass to increase in price. They were kinda kicking Sony's butt domestically (which is good imo, competition means we all win), but hopefully an increase doesn't lower the growth too much.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kirios posted:

They were kinda kicking Sony's butt domestically

Source?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Honestly I remember reading a few articles about them selling more for multiple months in a row in 2022. I can dig further if you'd like but I think that's pretty easy to find.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Looks like PS5 sold more consistently but overall sales are dropping whereas Xbox sales are still increasing. PS5 sold less units in 2022 than it did in 2021 but Xbox sold significantly more.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal
Stop trying to make mindshare happen

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

DR AIDS posted:

What the gently caress is mindshare

This thread is the first time I've ever heard that word, lmao.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Lol that I saw an article on my news feed about xbox ghosting the game awards and was like wait a minute that dork from the tweet is an actual writer at ign?? Lmao.

I thought he was just some rando idiot/elon bootlicker

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Microsoft's net income was 72 billion for 2022, nearly as much as Sony's net revenue. I'm fairly certain that Microsoft can continue to keep game pass at its current price for the time being, even if the Activision deal does go through. A price increase will happen at some point, but I don't see it happening until they actually release some big first party games to make it worthwhile.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

webmeister posted:

Shadow of Chornobyl

Just in case you're not aware, that spelling is intentional.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
People have been predicting Game Pass' imminent price increase since day one of the service. And they kind of did when they introduced the Ultimate tier, and they are rolling out family plans now, but that's not what people are usually talking about.

Eventually it will increase in price, because that's how things work and we are in a ridiculous inflationary environment right now that probably won't be ending any time soon, but it is still going to be a great value.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Phil outright said there will be some kind of price increase after the holidays, but it’s not yet clear whether it’ll be just the retail games jumping to $70 ala PlayStation as previously announced/leaked/whatever or if Game Pass will also be affected.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A price increase for all the big games they have coming out like uh

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Honestly they could double the price of gamepass and I’d still pay happily

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

If they're putting Bethesda new releases and COD onto game pass I can't see how they can not increase it, although more than a marginal increase does put a question mark in my mind. I'm happy with game pass as long as it is the price of buying a game on deep sale every month, once it gets close to the price of a game on regular sale every month then why not just buy the games outright.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

The Kins posted:

Phil outright said there will be some kind of price increase after the holidays, but it’s not yet clear whether it’ll be just the retail games jumping to $70 ala PlayStation as previously announced/leaked/whatever or if Game Pass will also be affected.

He was probably referring to the $70 retail pricing change, yeah. I don't think his statement in October means there will be a Game Pass price increase any time in the immediate future.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

A price increase for all the big games they have coming out like uh

2023 probably sees Forza Motorsport, Redfall, Hellblade 2, and Starfield. Those are four pretty big games, plus any surprises we don't know about.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

drat… 4 games including Redfail, Smellblade #2, and Shartfield… Jim Ryan must be shook

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I haven't read up on it but Starfield but it looks great. Hopefully it's not like No Man's Sky in that it takes 3 years to get good and 3 weeks to get boring to play.

I've already seen a gameplay trailer for something that looked fun, but then the voiceover was all "you can forge relationships! Cultivate crops! Explore infinite fields!" and I'm just thinking: I don't like any of those things!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Been playing Guardians of the Galaxy for a couple of days now, I'm surprised that I like it. It's a good game!

I am enjoying the dialogue and the story seems interesting so far.

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I haven't read up on it but Starfield but it looks great. Hopefully it's not like No Man's Sky in that it takes 3 years to get good and 3 weeks to get boring to play.

I've already seen a gameplay trailer for something that looked fun, but then the voiceover was all "you can forge relationships! Cultivate crops! Explore infinite fields!" and I'm just thinking: I don't like any of those things!

I like me some infinite fields to explore.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Mindshare gap is whatever. I’m always thinking about Xbox

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Is mindshare that thing from Demolition Man?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Pennsylvanian posted:

Is mindshare that thing from Demolition Man?

Three seashells?

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

The Illusive Man posted:

I paid like $60 for a copy in case like a month ago, so not *nearly* as bad as it was.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

webmeister posted:

Honestly they could double the price of gamepass and I’d still pay happily

As long as they don't double the amount of Mindsharesoft Rewards points required

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So, apparently the Rabbi Bill Clinton kid was a groyper that has been on Info Wars. So yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I'm sorry a what?